Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | CCL Boys | CCL Girls | EDP | EDP Futures |
| ENY Challenge Cup | ENY State Cup | GDA | LIJSL | NEGDL |
National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) |

Latest Posts
Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 07:43 PM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 07:28 PM
SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
by Larry Miller - 11/18/19 07:03 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 06:56 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 03:27 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 137 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espańol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729599 11/09/19 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay to play is the USA way...

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729600 11/09/19 07:20 PM
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
If the standard is fields in process then you need to count
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #729602 11/09/19 07:51 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Barca, a 20 year lease? On what land, where, and when? They have been talking abou this since they started.

Hora has a field, not a multiple field complex where they can hold tournaments and events.

I believe SUSA will have fields by the summer based on what they’ve said, but is far is a major complex I see that we off in the future. I don’t hear anything about that part. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729611 11/10/19 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Pay to play is one thing, paying outrageous amounts of money to fund another group is disgusting!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729612 11/10/19 09:28 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Pay to play is one thing, paying outrageous amounts of money to fund another group is disgusting!

Youth soccer is a multi-million dollar a year business. Deal with it. There is no free lunch. You have to decide if you are getting your bang for the buck or not.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729615 11/10/19 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Youth soccer is a multi-million dollar a year business. Deal with it. There is no free lunch. You have to decide if you are getting your bang for the buck or not.

There is no "bang for your buck" at SUSA! Trainers are terrible or do not exist. Some of their trainers are barely out of playing youth soccer themselves. If you are going to pay all of that money at least have some trainers that can train. Sorry, Larry, SUSA is not worth half of what they charge.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729617 11/10/19 10:04 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

There is no "bang for your buck" at SUSA! Trainers are terrible or do not exist. Some of their trainers are barely out of playing youth soccer themselves. If you are going to pay all of that money at least have some trainers that can train. Sorry, Larry, SUSA is not worth half of what they charge.

Seems a lot of people do not agree with you...lotsa people! What do they know that you don't know?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729618 11/10/19 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They know! Thay absolutely know but when you are knee-deep, you stay as you have given them thousands. I also think maybe they are SUSA trainers and owners themselves that come in here and try to do damage control. It is very well known that they are in over their heads.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729620 11/10/19 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this talk about the fields getting finished and having them for summer, there have been no pictures showing any construction.

Maybe someone in the area could drive by there and take some pictures of "the construction". Then send them to Larry to post. I have a funny feeling nada is happening over there in Central Islip.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729621 11/10/19 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They know! Thay absolutely know but when you are knee-deep, you stay as you have given them thousands. I also think maybe they are SUSA trainers and owners themselves that come in here and try to do damage control. It is very well known that they are in over their heads.

Seriously are you drunk? In over their heads how?
My kid's trainer has an A license, her team is so freaking good and only going to be better this year (and they were NE ECNL Champions last year) and they have tons of college coaches coming to their games AND reaching out with interest afterwards.
Is it perfect? No, rosters are too big and I hate Baymen (we call it the home-field DISadvantage) but other than that, all is good. Not a single club on LI able to offer my kid what she is getting out of it, so I don't really get what you mean. Please explain.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Anonymous] #729631 11/10/19 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously are you drunk? In over their heads how?
My kid's trainer has an A license, her team is so freaking good and only going to be better this year (and they were NE ECNL Champions last year) and they have tons of college coaches coming to their games AND reaching out with interest afterwards.
Is it perfect? No, rosters are too big and I hate Baymen (we call it the home-field DISadvantage) but other than that, all is good. Not a single club on LI able to offer my kid what she is getting out of it, so I don't really get what you mean. Please explain.

Tons of college coaches, Hahahaha

Ok so maybe your kid, I bet the kid is a girl, has a team that works hard despite the disadvantages of playing with a loser club.

Not a single club on LI. Again, Hahahaha. What flavor koolaide are you drinking?

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729646 11/10/19 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA by far the top club on Long Island! Just look at the number of players product must be very good!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729648 11/10/19 09:01 PM
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Barca, a 20 year lease? On what land, where, and when? They have been talking abou this since they started.

Hora has a field, not a multiple field complex where they can hold tournaments and events.

I believe SUSA will have fields by the summer based on what they’ve said, but is far is a major complex I see that we off in the future. I don’t hear anything about that part. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.

Hota has two Fields - two more than $U$A

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #729649 11/10/19 09:14 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Does HOTA own the land? I would also so ask how many fields qualifies a club for a complex? Two or three fields don't qualify IMO, and fields alone do not constitute a complex. I can see SUSA having some fields by the end of Summer, but looking at the Master Plan in the first post of this thread, I don't see the rest for quite sometime.

In all fairness, we live in a very congested locale, a very expensive locale, and for those that bitch about pay to play, if these complexes that SUSA and Barca and maybe others have planned come to fruition you'll wish you were back to the good old days of 2019!!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA Central Islip Master Plan [Re: Larry Miller] #729666 11/11/19 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca....20 year lease

Hota - Bavarian Field

Does HOTA own the land? I would also so ask how many fields qualifies a club for a complex? Two or three fields don't qualify IMO, and fields alone do not constitute a complex. I can see SUSA having some fields by the end of Summer, but looking at the Master Plan in the first post of this thread, I don't see the rest for quite sometime.

In all fairness, we live in a very congested locale, a very expensive locale, and for those that bitch about pay to play, if these complexes that SUSA and Barca and maybe others have planned come to fruition you'll wish you were back to the good old days of 2019!!

I think I agree with everything except this "pay to play" lingo that gets thrown around like free candy...There is no such thing as "pay to play".

By this I mean...go ask your coach about guaranteed playing time and tell us what they say.
When you are on a competitive team and you pay fee, you buy insurance and you have a right to practice with the team with the understanding there is no guarantee of playing time in games.

Your playing time is based on your effort at the last practice and in game performance.

Reply Quote
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Hempfield College Boys 11/23
Southampton Cup TX 11/23
Southampton Cup Balt. 11/23
FC Brandywine 11/23