Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | CCL Boys | CCL Girls | EDP | EDP Futures |
| ENY Challenge Cup | ENY State Cup | GDA | LIJSL | NEGDL |
National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) |

Latest Posts
BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
by Anonymous - 11/11/19 05:35 PM
USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/11/19 05:31 PM
Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
by Anonymous - 11/11/19 05:15 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/11/19 04:20 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/11/19 03:53 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 175 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729593 11/09/19 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lady Generals was robbed!!! Into OT. 1-2 hard fought loss that I 100% Blame the ref...ball was out...linesman called it. Oh well... Nassau champs!!!

Was robbed? You must be a school teacher.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #729594 11/09/19 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t blame the Ref, blame the Coach/SWR who made an adjustment at half and then watched the team dominate possession in 2nd half and OT. Keep rolling Wildcats!

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #729596 11/09/19 06:12 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Shoreham-Wading River rallies to win Long Island Class A girls soccer title
By Owen O'Brien
[email]owen.o'brien@newsday.com[/email]owen.o'brien@newsday.com

It may have been Ashley Borriello’s birthday, but she gave the best present of the day.

With the score tied at 1 following 80 minutes in the Long Island Class A girls soccer championship, Borriello delivered for Shoreham-Wading River.

The junior chased down a loose ball at the end line and sent a cross to the middle of the field, where Elizabeth Shields finished 1:43 into overtime for the go-ahead goal. Shoreham-Wading River held on to defeat MacArthur, 2-1, at Berner Middle School in Massapequa on Saturday.

“It’s just crazy,” Shields said. “She played so well on her birthday and we really did this, not just for us, but for her. We wanted to give her something good today and it was not losing.”

After the game, the team sang ‘Happy Birthday’ and even had cupcakes for Borriello on what could only be considered the sweetest of a 16th birthday.

“This is so exciting,” Borriello said. “I think this just topped it off. It’s the best birthday ever.”

Shoreham-Wading River (15-2-2) advances to play Jamesville-DeWitt in a Class A state semifinal at SUNY Cortland’s White Field at 3 p.m. on Nov. 16 It is the Wildcats’ first trip to the state semifinals in program history.

“Honestly, I don’t think it really set in that we are the first team to go from Shoreham,” Shields said. “ ... We felt from day one that if there was a team, we were going to do it this year.”

The Wildcats wanted to start the overtime period fast and did just that. Shoreham-Wading River started on the attack, culminating in Borriello chasing down the ball for Shields’ goal.

“I just knew I was going to get it and it’s not going out,” Borriello said. “And if I can’t shoot it, I’m going to cross it back and hopefully there’s someone there to finish it.”

MacArthur (14-2-2) struck first when Kara DeBlaiso scored off an assist from Tara Sweeney with 24:52 remaining in the first half. It was the second straight championship game Shoreham-Wading River trailed before scoring the final two goals. Shoreham-Wading River rallied to win the Suffolk County championship on Tuesday.

Lakin Ciampo scored the tying goal from 18 yards out off an assist from Gianna Cacciola with 33:20 left in the second half for the Wildcats.

“They don’t give up,” coach Adrian Gilmore said. “It’s easy to be up, but it’s hard to come back, especially in a high level game. These girls, it’s emotional. They are 16, 17 years old, so there’s a lot on them, so to be able to bounce back after down 1-0 [is impressive].”

Gilmore also credited her defense, featuring a backline of Alexa Constant, Sara Hobbes, Brooke Langella and Lydia Radonavitch with Alison Devall recording six saves.

“Coming in, we knew we had one of the best defenses in Suffolk County,” Gilmore said. “And I think they showed that.”

And with Saturday being a special day for Borriello, her teammates wanted to make sure it was a happy one.

“Ashley always plays amazing, but today there was just something else there,” Devall said. “She worked hard the entire game, she always does. But today was just different.”

By Owen O'Brien
[email]owen.o'brien@newsday.com[/email]

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #729603 11/09/19 10:04 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Massapequa tops West Islip in double OT to win Class AA girls soccer championship

by Owen O'Brien

The Massapequa girls soccer team was reminded last year that nothing is given, everything is earned. This year, the Chiefs earned it.

When the Chiefs failed to reach the state semifinals last year, the ripple effects could be felt throughout New York State. Massapequa is a name that has become nearly expected be penciled in to the state tournament brackets from early September, but the Chiefs’ season ended in the quarterfinals of the county tournament last year despite being the top seed.

The players and coaches never forgot that.

“The attitude was redemption,” defender Kayla Mushorn said. “We wanted to get back, we wanted to show what Massapequa is and what we can do. Nothing is to be expected and that’s what we wanted everyone to know when we were trying out. And that’s what the team has been focusing on -- the future.”

The Chiefs proved that Saturday night. Massapequa defeated West Islip, 1-0, in double-overtime in the girls soccer Long Island Class AA championship/Southeast Regional Final at its hometown Berner Middle School. The Chiefs (16-2) play Fayetteville-Manlius in the Class AA state semifinal at SUNY Cortland’s White Field Saturday at 3 p.m.

“This team is something else,” midfielder Emma Cooney said. “We’ve trained all season to get where we are. Last year we ended short and it wasn’t what we wanted so to come back and get revenge on every team is just an incredible feeling. I’m very proud of everybody.”

Gianna Savella scored the winning goal off an assist from Sierra Brophy with 8:10 remaining in the second overtime. The Chiefs defense, led by a backline of Kaylin Ricci, Julia Stegner, Sophia Hatziyianis and Mushorn with Caroline Brucato in net, held West Islip off the scoreboard the remainder of the contest and over 100 minutes of play.

“We’ve had so much success this year offensively moving forward with numbers and being able to get three, four players involved in a play,” assistant coach Ron Forman said. “And I think that really showed in the end on that overtime goal.”

Massapequa outshot West Islip, 28-10, including, 17-5 with shots on goal, but Isabella Tomeo made 16 saves stonewall the Chiefs. West Islip finishes its season, 15-4-2.

“I was definitely getting discouraged missing all those opportunities,” Savella said. “But my teammates picked me up, which led me to score. I couldn’t have done it without them.”

“It was such a relief,” Hatziyianis said. “We really worked hard to [score], so we were just happy that she did.”

And now Massapequa, playing in its sixth state semifinals the last seven years, are two wins away from a potential eighth state title after falling short last year.

“It was a little reality check for us, I think that’s what the real word is,” Forman said. “We always come to win that final game and going out early, it was a reality check that you have to do a little bit more. That’s something our seniors, especially our captains, they did more this year and they brought the team together.”

“This is what soccer is all about,” Mushorn said. “Yes, it’s rough in those last minutes, but this is why I play and this is a group of girls, a great team, and this is why we do it.”

By Owen O'Brien

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #729607 11/10/19 08:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Massapequa tops West Islip in double OT to win Class AA girls soccer championship

by Owen O'Brien

The Massapequa girls soccer team was reminded last year that nothing is given, everything is earned. This year, the Chiefs earned it.

When the Chiefs failed to reach the state semifina

ls last year, the ripple effects could be felt throughout New York State. Massapequa is a name that has become nearly expected be penciled in to the state tournament brackets from early September, but the Chiefs’ season ended in the quarterfinals of the county tournament last year despite being the top seed.

The players and coaches never forgot that.

“The attitude was redemption,” defender Kayla Mushorn said. “We wanted to get back, we wanted to show what Massapequa is and what we can do. Nothing is to be expected and that’s what we wanted everyone to know when we were trying out. And that’s what the team has been focusing on -- the future.”

The Chiefs proved that Saturday night. Massapequa defeated West Islip, 1-0, in double-overtime in the girls soccer Long Island Class AA championship/Southeast Regional Final at its hometown Berner Middle School. The Chiefs (16-2) play Fayetteville-Manlius in the Class AA state semifinal at SUNY Cortland’s White Field Saturday at 3 p.m.

“This team is something else,” midfielder Emma Cooney said. “We’ve trained all season to get where we are. Last year we ended short and it wasn’t what we wanted so to come back and get revenge on every team is just an incredible feeling. I’m very proud of everybody.”

Gianna Savella scored the winning goal off an assist from Sierra Brophy with 8:10 remaining in the second overtime. The Chiefs defense, led by a backline of Kaylin Ricci, Julia Stegner, Sophia Hatziyianis and Mushorn with Caroline Brucato in net, held West Islip off the scoreboard the remainder of the contest and over 100 minutes of play.

“We’ve had so much success this year offensively moving forward with numbers and being able to get three, four players involved in a play,” assistant coach Ron Forman said. “And I think that really showed in the end on that overtime goal.”

Massapequa outshot West Islip, 28-10, including, 17-5 with shots on goal, but Isabella Tomeo made 16 saves stonewall the Chiefs. West Islip finishes its season, 15-4-2.

“I was definitely getting discouraged missing all those opportunities,” Savella said. “But my teammates picked me up, which led me to score. I couldn’t have done it without them.”

“It was such a relief,” Hatziyianis said. “We really worked hard to [score], so we were just happy that she did.”

And now Massapequa, playing in its sixth state semifinals the last seven years, are two wins away from a potential eighth state title after falling short last year.

“It was a little reality check for us, I think that’s what the real word is,” Forman said. “We always come to win that final game and going out early, it was a reality check that you have to do a little bit more. That’s something our seniors, especially our captains, they did more this year and they brought the team together.”

“This is what soccer is all about,” Mushorn said. “Yes, it’s rough in those last minutes, but this is why I play and this is a group of girls, a great team, and this is why we do it.”

By Owen O'Brien

That WI keeper kept them in the game.. She definitely was the talk of the stands being only a freshman. Congratulations Massapequa

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #729616 11/10/19 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Massapequa on the win. But West Islip should be proud !!! No one had them in this game , everyone said a blowout. Gutsy team that almost did it. Great run , great group of girls , and the keeper will be around for 3 more years. Good things to come. Congratulations to West Islip on a great year. I know Massapequa won but what a one sided article from newsday , I think there is more to the story of that game. Hold your head high West Islip. You scared them

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729624 11/10/19 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Massapequa on the win. But West Islip should be proud !!! No one had them in this game , everyone said a blowout. Gutsy team that almost did it. Great run , great group of girls , and the keeper will be around for 3 more years. Good things to come. Congratulations to West Islip on a great year. I know Massapequa won but what a one sided article from newsday , I think there is more to the story of that game. Hold your head high West Islip. You scared them

Dork. It’s LI HS Soccer

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729625 11/10/19 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got your dork right here. You midget pinhead puma wearing POS

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729627 11/10/19 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dork. It’s LI HS Soccer

Said the guy reading and commenting on a HS Soccer thread 🙄

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729628 11/10/19 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dork. It’s LI HS Soccer

Said the guy reading and commenting on a HS Soccer thread 🙄

Love reading the absurdity. Great entertainment. Beats any Netflix or reality show, it’s free and in the backyard!

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729630 11/10/19 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dork. It’s LI HS Soccer

To be fair, Newsday is notorious for it's one sided coverage. They have their perennial favorites and make their top picks for teams and players early in the season, when a team/player doesn't fit their established narrative, they double down on the "who could've predicted" attitude or just ignore completely.

-Case in point, St. A's headline of how they coasted into States scoring 9 GOALS!!!!!!! not a single mention of how they let up 5, I'm still questioning whether it was a misprint or not.
-The real story with the Massapequa team is all the DA players coming back. That's why they got knocked out so early last year...but not a single peep about it.
-Absurd covering of Smithtown West would've had out of towners believing they were the back up roster for the USWNT.
-The real story in Class A was SWR and that kid who is just delivering game after game, but all we read about was their self appointed Golden Girl from HHW.
I could go on and on...just take it all with a grain of salt and congratulate ALL the kids!

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729638 11/10/19 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the DA players?? There are two and they are 10th graders. That’s why it is not being spoken about because last year they were freshman.

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729643 11/10/19 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the DA players?? There are two and they are 10th graders. That’s why it is not being spoken about because last year they were freshman.

The 2 DA players replaced some very strong seniors from last year. Otherwise the team is pretty much the same. With a new defense beside one girl. None of those defenders are DA and were on team last year except one . Just had a bad game at the wrong time last year. Massapequa went to States with no DA players 2 years ago.

DA may have impacted other programs but not Massapequa. Their past titles were all without DA players.

I do agree That Newsday is a joke though.

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729644 11/10/19 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 DA players replaced some very strong seniors from last year. Otherwise the team is pretty much the same. With a new defense beside one girl. None of those defenders are DA and were on team last year except one . Just had a bad game at the wrong time last year. Massapequa went to States with no DA players 2 years ago.

DA may have impacted other programs but not Massapequa. Their past titles were all without DA players.

Who are you kidding? Those 2 DA players made all the difference at Massapequa this season. One with assists and the other with goals. You wouldn’t have won poop without them

Reply Quote
Re: GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #729660 11/11/19 08:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The joke is Massapequa Faithful refusing to admit that without the returning DA players (and it's more than just 2 Sophomores) they don't even make it out of quarterfinals against Oceanside...or beat Syosset...or beat WI. Maybe, just maybe they could've still won in Semi's but it would've been a VERY different game, but they wouldn't have even gotten there bc they would've lost to Oceanside. So puh-leeez, the DA kids who opted to play HS are indeed the story.

Reply Quote
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Fall Turf Classic 11/16
EDP Fall Classic 11/16