Anonymous #728430 10/19/19 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ECNL has shown they do whatever it takes to maintain there competitiveness. They welcomed back both PDA & FC Stars with 2 teams in every age group into there top division. A win/win for both clubs and league. I agree 3 ECNL clubs from LI would not work. Right now 2 clubs on LI does not work in a competitive league especially when they play regional opponents.

Here's the difference-
1-PDA & Stars NEVER left ECNL. They fielded teams in both leagues for 1 year and hopped off the GDA train after that one year.
2-PDA & Stars always fielded competitive teams (middle of the pack at worst). Alby's final year in ECNL saw just about every team in dead last in the NE and by a lot.
3-PDA & Stars didn't publicly crap talk ECNL and tout GDA as the game of the future for 2 full years and then do a 180 when they got into hot water with GDA.
4-ECNL found a very suitable replacement in Susa. Like them or hate them, it doesn't matter, on paper Susa had a great inaugural year with 2 teams finishing as NE Champions and all HS aged teams going to playoffs. There's a big difference between a club that's building off a strong past season in ECNL and a club that's RE-building after a disastrous run in GDA and I don't mean the kid's performance, I mean-FC Albertson Fury getting the boot, widespread suspensions, multiple forfeits,DOC having a one-sided twitter war with USSF, etc.
The likelihood that ECNL wants to screw with the LI formula right now is slim, especially when there are WAY better options in the metro area.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
Anonymous #728431 10/19/19 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a great question. Those are the girls that you should feel bad for....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728432 10/19/19 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a poor argument but I’ll bite. FURY in negotiations for ECNL as we speak. Announcement could come as soon as next week. What you got that says no? Your allegedly an investigative reporter. Prove me wrong.

This is how the negotiations will go:

Fury: Um, we'd love to come back to ECNL. We were so wrong to have ever left.

ECNL: No.

Even IF ECNL took them back (that's a big IF) that wouldn't be until next year, so what happens to fury now with all the forfeits & player suspensions? What about the girls that played by the rules & didn't play high school? Their games are being forfeited, completely unfair for them.

This situation is a steaming pile of crap. If that club goes to ecnl it is a bigger steaming pile of crap.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728433 10/19/19 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ecnl takes their fairly happy LI clubs and makes them spend their time and energy competing against this club, they will have a lot of angry customers on their hands.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728434 10/19/19 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a poor argument but I’ll bite. FURY in negotiations for ECNL as we speak. Announcement could come as soon as next week. What you got that says no? Your allegedly an investigative reporter. Prove me wrong.

Even IF ECNL took them back (that's a big IF) that wouldn't be until next year, so what happens to fury now with all the forfeits & player suspensions? What about the girls that played by the rules & didn't play high school? Their games are being forfeited, completely unfair for them.

just about everyone on the U16 and u17 teams were playing high school ball. The ones that weren’t are filling in on the u18/19 team so they are getting some games in. Certainly not what they signed up for when you play for Fury you never get what you think you will get

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728435 10/19/19 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember, allegedly Paul never paid his fines to ECNL for double dipping using his trainers in both ECNL and DA, another no -no everyone forgets about. They offered him a one year extension in ECNL and he wanted three years, so he jumped to DA. So he knew months ahead he was leaving.
No way 1) Lavers ruins his reputation by taking on a tarnished Fury club, and 2) no way EM and Susa vote to allow him back in. That would suicide by ecnl.
Anyone know why he put his house up for sale? Might want to ask him. Get ready for that Fury sale and him leaving town.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728436 10/19/19 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see. PR has the ECNL mad at him. Now he pissed off the DA with his tweets. Many ex-coaches have been burned by him. Many other teams are pissed at his antics leaving them high and dry with no game to play. Many players and especially the parents are steaming mad about his antics. He'll be lucky if he can get a dog to let him pet him.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728437 10/19/19 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one wants Albertson or Fury (whatever Paul is calling his club these days) in ECNL. He specifically said that he did not like the ECNL format of play when he decided GDA was the way to go, now he says GDA sucks. No way they take him back after they have denied Penn Fusion to come back for 2 years now. If they take anyone it would be Penn Fusion

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728439 10/19/19 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see. PR has the ECNL mad at him. Now he pissed off the DA with his tweets. Many ex-coaches have been burned by him. Many other teams are pissed at his antics leaving them high and dry with no game to play. Many players and especially the parents are steaming mad about his antics. He'll be lucky if he can get a dog to let him pet him.

Been going on for 20 years. The line of pissed off people is long.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728442 10/19/19 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been going on for 20 years. The line of pissed off people is long.

Anybody seen Casella? I'm sure he wants his reputation soiled by this comedy club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728449 10/20/19 07:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL: No. [/quote]

If NEFC & Penn Fusion can’t get back in (and they have both been trying, as has South Shore Select) no way AF gets back in.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728450 10/20/19 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If NEFC & Penn Fusion can’t get back in (and they have both been trying, as has South Shore Select) no way AF gets back in. [/quote]

The reason NEFC & PF are being blocked because of FC Stars & PDA. Who both have a strong presence within ECNL and that is why they each have 2 teams per age group. They both have the power to have a say about clubs joining. On the other hand the 2 LI ECNL clubs are small fish with absolutely no clout. Saw earlier posts that make it sound as if LI soccer matter. Well in the world of ECNL I’d doesn’t. To think they care what LI parents would think is absurd. An earlier post says that ECNL would not want to mess with the LI formula. That made me laugh so hard. People also mentioned it would dilute the teams on LI. Listen up or wake up. The clubs/teams are already diluted! There are no strong competitive team but rather a small core of competitive players surrounded by average to below average players on each team. Pre-DA these rosters are filled with players who never would have made these ECNL teams to begin with. ECNL could care less about LI and will make decisions on what’s best for the league. You don’t like it then go play for a club in another league. LI does not add any stature to ECNL and the soccer landscape keeps dropping every year. Keep making fun of Fury with your dumb sarcasms while the rest of the soccer world make fun of LI soccer in general.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728451 10/20/19 09:18 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

If NEFC & Penn Fusion can’t get back in (and they have both been trying, as has South Shore Select) no way AF gets back in.

The reason NEFC & PF are being blocked because of FC Stars & PDA. Who both have a strong presence within ECNL and that is why they each have 2 teams per age group. They both have the power to have a say about clubs joining. On the other hand the 2 LI ECNL clubs are small fish with absolutely no clout. Saw earlier posts that make it sound as if LI soccer matter. Well in the world of ECNL I’d doesn’t. To think they care what LI parents would think is absurd. An earlier post says that ECNL would not want to mess with the LI formula. That made me laugh so hard. People also mentioned it would dilute the teams on LI. Listen up or wake up. The clubs/teams are already diluted! There are no strong competitive team but rather a small core of competitive players surrounded by average to below average players on each team. Pre-DA these rosters are filled with players who never would have made these ECNL teams to begin with. ECNL could care less about LI and will make decisions on what’s best for the league. You don’t like it then go play for a club in another league. LI does not add any stature to ECNL and the soccer landscape keeps dropping every year. Keep making fun of Fury with your dumb sarcasms while the rest of the soccer world make fun of LI soccer in general.[/quote]

The above totally missed the mark. It is truly one person's faulted opinion.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728452 10/20/19 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For argument sake we can agree to disagree. Why is the above a faulted opinion? You have been around the LI soccer landscape longer than most and have seen the ever changing soccer landscape. Do you think that LI has lost stature in the soccer community? Do you think these ECNL/DA clubs are competitive vs. regional tournaments. Are these teams diluted with average to below average talent? Do you believe these clubs/team are transparent with players & parents? I do not think I am missing the mark vs. the comments of parents who think that LI ECNL clubs are as significant as PDA/FC Stars. I just do not think the soccer landscape will change even if FURY is gone. Just one persons opinion that has been around for almost 10 years and remembered when LI soccer mattered. Colleges no longer see LI as a place to recruit or where players train in a competitive atmosphere. They look at specific players not teams or the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728453 10/20/19 09:49 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
For argument sake we can agree to disagree. Why is the above a faulted opinion? You have been around the LI soccer landscape longer than most and have seen the ever changing soccer landscape. Do you think that LI has lost stature in the soccer community? Do you think these ECNL/DA clubs are competitive vs. regional tournaments. Are these teams diluted with average to below average talent? Do you believe these clubs/team are transparent with players & parents? I do not think I am missing the mark vs. the comments of parents who think that LI ECNL clubs are as significant as PDA/FC Stars. I just do not think the soccer landscape will change even if FURY is gone. Just one persons opinion that has been around for almost 10 years and remembered when LI soccer mattered. Colleges no longer see LI as a place to recruit or where players train in a competitive atmosphere. They look at specific players not teams or the clubs.

Do you really think EMSC or SUSA want Riley back? Your analysis of competency of these two clubs also is off. Do you think there are players out there of ECNL quality without a team, or didn't tryout for one of these clubs? Do you think that ECNL would add a third club? SUSA and EMSC to a much lesser degree have a superior infrastructure and physical assets that Riley can only wish he had. It isn't happening and you and others on the Riley spin machine or displaced GDA players will simply have to accept the fact that Riley has taken your money, and [****] you over..

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728455 10/20/19 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely understand why NEFC wo t ever be let back into ECNL, but what is the back story with Penn Fusion? Those pose no geographic threat to FC Stars or PDA, and I can’t imagine Bucks & Delco have much sway with the ECNL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728456 10/20/19 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you underestimate the value of the LI clubs. On a National scale, sure, PDA absolutely killed it in comparison...But to have 2 NE Championship teams and 2 NE ECNL POYs coming out of LI shouldn't be ignored. Last time I checked, the NE Conference means the NE Region, no? Both LI clubs sent just about every age group to CL playoffs, to say that LI isn't competitive in ECNL is inaccurate and biased.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728457 10/20/19 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course neither club would want them back. It’s the because of the missteps that PR made that allowed SUSA admittance to ECNL. There is no argument there is no room for a third club and I do not see the competitiveness to even having a second club other than people will pay regardless of there daughters potential and skill level /athleticism. I am pointing out in my opinion that people think soccer on LI would improve if PR/Fury as gone and I think that is masking what the real issues are on LI which is the quality of the product and why the stature of soccer has drastically dropped on LI over the last 10 years. There is no argument about what has occurred with Albertson/Fury but people have this illusion that is the only problem. Look at these clubs vs other regional opponents or compare with the results of PDA & World Class at last Springs ECNL Tournament. Do you believe the quality of soccer has dropped in the last 10 years and if you had a daughter starting now or was entering the college process years would you have her join one of these teams on LI or maybe look elsewhere off the Island. That is the dilemma parents are having now. I am looking at the bigger picture rather than just Fury. You have valid points because you have been around longer and have insight that the rest of us have none.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728458 10/20/19 10:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason NEFC & PF are being blocked because of FC Stars & PDA. Who both have a strong presence within ECNL and that is why they each have 2 teams per age group. They both have the power to have a say about clubs joining. On the other hand the 2 LI ECNL clubs are small fish with absolutely no clout. Saw earlier posts that make it sound as if LI soccer matter. Well in the world of ECNL I’d doesn’t. To think they care what LI parents would think is absurd. An earlier post says that ECNL would not want to mess with the LI formula. That made me laugh so hard. People also mentioned it would dilute the teams on LI. Listen up or wake up. The clubs/teams are already diluted! There are no strong competitive team but rather a small core of competitive players surrounded by average to below average players on each team. Pre-DA these rosters are filled with players who never would have made these ECNL teams to begin with. ECNL could care less about LI and will make decisions on what’s best for the league. You don’t like it then go play for a club in another league. LI does not add any stature to ECNL and the soccer landscape keeps dropping every year. Keep making fun of Fury with your dumb sarcasms while the rest of the soccer world make fun of LI soccer in general.[/quote]

Preach on brother.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728460 10/20/19 10:42 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I must agree with you. The big picture is the quality overall and the result versus the amount of money that is being poured in across the island and the overall poor result.

If you look outside of our area across the country, you see these teams in areas where the population doesn’t even come close to what we have here, and trainers who seem to have abilities that go beyond what we have here on the island. One of the issues that we have here on Long Island in attracting quality trainers is our cost-of-living versus what clubs and academies are paying their trainers.

If the trainers already live here in our established it’s a lot easier than coming in from out of town or out of the country and setting up a home. I don’t see it changing, do you?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728462 10/20/19 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phil? Phil, you still here? Were you ever here?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728464 10/20/19 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some scores posted for FC Fury (10/19) @ Oakwood:

U15 - Lost 6-0
U16 - Lost (forfeit)
U17 - Lost (forfeit)
U18/19 - Lost 3-0

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728466 10/20/19 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 - Lost 6-0
U16 - Lost (forfeit)
U17 - Lost (forfeit)
U18/19 - Lost 3-0

And now on top of the humilation of people talking about this on public forums, the girls are being specifically named on the game reports. Way to go Fury and US Soccer., college coaches can now see which players feel they are above the rules

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728469 10/20/19 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 - Lost 6-0
U16 - Lost (forfeit)
U17 - Lost (forfeit)
U18/19 - Lost 3-0

And now on top of the humilation of people talking about this on public forums, the girls are being specifically named on the game reports. Way to go Fury and US Soccer., college coaches can now see which players feel they are above the rules

If you choose to openly BREAK THE RULES than you get what you get. On a positive note Riley won is NWSL game in North Carolina so I am sure he is losing sleep daily on what has happened to these girls and the team results her on Long Island. NOT !!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728471 10/20/19 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 - Lost 6-0
U16 - Lost (forfeit)
U17 - Lost (forfeit)
U18/19 - Lost 3-0

US soccer is just following protocol regarding the game reports, its clear what their stance is on HS soccer. Fury and parents allowed this to happen. The kids need to use this as a life lesson. You are not entitled to anything and there are consequences to getting caught.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!