Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | CCL Boys | CCL Girls | EDP | EDP Futures |
| ENY Challenge Cup | ENY State Cup | GDA | LIJSL | NEGDL |
National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) |

Latest Posts
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 08:31 PM
Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 07:43 PM
SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
by Larry Miller - 11/18/19 07:03 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 06:56 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 03:27 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 102 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728129 10/15/19 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Barca Management will surely address this parent appropriately. This parent’s actions are not representative of #BARCABEST.

What was the problem? Parents can be jerks, but usually there is some incident that causes them to charge the field.

Reply: There is never any excuse for parents to charge the field! Being a jerk is one thing, they exist in every age group. Charging a field is an entirely different thing and cannot be tolerated by the sane among us.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728132 10/15/19 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“What’s your ROI”. What a silly statement. What’s my cost, genius? What’s my cost of funds? What are my fixed costs? Variable? What exactly am I buying.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728133 10/15/19 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote: They have a contract with someone to, at a minimum, use the Barca name. I’m sure that agreement details other benefits and responsibilities as well. I’m also certain that agreement allows the licensor to use the Barca name also contains specific requirements and even pre-approval over who the present owner/licensee can sell/transfer to.

Barca is getting their trainers from somewhere, many are from Spain. I’d imagine the contract obligates Barca (?) to provide a certain number of trainers/ year. That’s certainly an asset.

Regardless, cash flow is the main asset. Yes, kids leave all the time, but their is a lot of “stickiness”, especially if there is consistency in the trainers. Most everyone I speak with who knows anything about Barca has nothing but praise for the trainers and their training methodology.

Reply: The trainers are the real deal and no question about their quality. But that is all the Barca Spain Club provides other than the name. If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it. The training is high quality but this was a bad business venture from the get go.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728136 10/15/19 10:19 AM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Quote: They have a contract with someone to, at a minimum, use the Barca name. I’m sure that agreement details other benefits and responsibilities as well. I’m also certain that agreement allows the licensor to use the Barca name also contains specific requirements and even pre-approval over who the present owner/licensee can sell/transfer to.

Barca is getting their trainers from somewhere, many are from Spain. I’d imagine the contract obligates Barca (?) to provide a certain number of trainers/ year. That’s certainly an asset.

Regardless, cash flow is the main asset. Yes, kids leave all the time, but their is a lot of “stickiness”, especially if there is consistency in the trainers. Most everyone I speak with who knows anything about Barca has nothing but praise for the trainers and their training methodology.

Reply: The trainers are the real deal and no question about their quality. But that is all the Barca Spain Club provides other than the name. If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it. The training is high quality but this was a bad business venture from the get go.

I think you should buy the club. You must be smarter than those who were approached and declined. What do they know, right?

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728137 10/15/19 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I think you should buy the club. You must be smarter than those who were approached and declined. What do they know, right?

Actually no, I have a bridge for sale that is a MUCH MUCH better deal. Prime real estate, lots of users and engagement and that stickiness that you're looking for. DM me for details.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728138 10/15/19 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it."

Not really; is one thing to recognize an opportunity and another to properly exploit it. For better or worse, a lot of businesses were created by one person and taken to the next level by someone else. KD and whomever else did something absolutely wonderfully crazy - they got a deal with the real Barca for a club here on LI; it may be for the next person (a person familiar with how to grow a soccer club) to exploit that properly, and may have been the plan all along. Who knows? Parents I know with children in club like the training, don't mind that field issue; that agreement with Barca is worth something, to the right operator.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728144 10/15/19 10:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's clarify exactly the Barca coaching compensation model and the credentials they bring to the table. For the most part, the trainers from Spain are up and coming coaches who are trying to break into the ranks of the Barcelona academy. The majority of them will never make it. They are here on a visa and have a very short time to make an impression that could land them an interview. If Barca had any real academy coaches they would stick their noses up at the quality of LI players compared to what they work with at la Masia and would have no words to describe their American parents. For many young coaches, their time in NY is a vacation.

Now for Keith Delucia and Prospect Sports its actually cheaper to hire the Euro's then it is to have domestic coaches. Spanish coaches get paid a minimal stipend and are boarded at a coach's apartment with several other trainers. Domestic coaches require a much higher "per-session" fee then their foreign counterparts. Barca coaches barely survive and are here more for the experience than anything long-term.

This setup is not exclusive to Barca or relatively new. Any training group that highlights European coaches uses a similar model. Dutch Total Soccer (DTS), NOGA, etc, etc... These organizations have high turnover rates amongst their coaching corps. The trainers can not survive long-term on what they are getting paid and either return home or leave their original training organization to open up their own.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728145 10/15/19 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it will be following in line of the extinct Boca Junior/Juventus academy.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728146 10/15/19 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca Management will surely address this parent appropriately. This parent’s actions are not representative of #BARCABEST.

What was the problem? Parents can be jerks, but usually there is some incident that causes them to charge the field.

Reply: There is never any excuse for parents to charge the field! Being a jerk is one thing, they exist in every age group. Charging a field is an entirely different thing and cannot be tolerated by the sane among us.

I totally agree that it is in no way OK and should never be tolerated. I'm just wondering what the inciting event was.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728151 10/15/19 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it."

The BOTN ticker seems to imply that they just put the Barca name on it without the real club's permission (perhaps it would actually have the full correct name if that was the case). So, if that were true and they had no actual contract/permission, then what does the club actually have?

Loyalty of good underpaid overseas trainers undergoing an ownership change? The loyalty of the kids?

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728152 10/15/19 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so if barca isn't owned or operated by FC Barcelona, where are these trainers coming from and how are they appointed here ? It seems, as an outsider, that it is owned or somehow definitely affiliated with FC barca due to this alone ? AM i wrong here in my thought?

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728156 10/15/19 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The BOTN ticker seems to imply that they just put the Barca name on it without the real club's permission (perhaps it would actually have the full correct name if that was the case). So, if that were true and they had no actual contract/permission, then what does the club actually have?"

That is so unlikely it's incredible. They would be sued so quickly their heads would spin.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #728157 10/15/19 01:20 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
"The BOTN ticker seems to imply that they just put the Barca name on it without the real club's permission (perhaps it would actually have the full correct name if that was the case). So, if that were true and they had no actual contract/permission, then what does the club actually have?"

That is so unlikely it's incredible. They would be sued so quickly their heads would spin.

It appears that Barca licensed the name from FC Barcelona, just like the Valencia, and failed Boca Juniors.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728160 10/15/19 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for some of us newb parents what does this mean ? Does FC Barcelona actually own Barca Pro Academy NY ? Or do they just pay a certain amount yearly for the use of the name? I can't see FCB easily giving up this right especially seeing that Barca NY wears the official kits and also has trainers coming in from Spain.

Reply Quote
Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #728175 10/15/19 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t believe everything you read! #BARCABEST is exactly that and don’t let anyone tell you differently. The membership knows what is going on. Great training and care for its players is what the club is about. Always has been and always will be. No affiliation with FC Barcelona? That must be a joke.

Reply Quote
Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Hempfield College Boys 11/23
Southampton Cup TX 11/23
Southampton Cup Balt. 11/23
FC Brandywine 11/23