Forum Search
Latest Posts
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 09:32 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Photos, more random photos
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728076 10/14/19 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If dominated them is referencing the 3 parents on the sideline who didn't stop whining to the referee all game, then call it what you will. Anyone who understands the game knows that the score of that game is no way a reflection of what the game was like...

With respect to the post above that asks about programs and different leagues, the entire youth soccer landscape is so convoluted right now. There are so many leagues and pathways that players can pursue. You have for profit entities like EDP that will gladly take money for you to travel and play...new leagues and league alignments popping up promising "better" competition etc...

Just enjoy watching your child playing a sport that teaches them so much more than pursuing professional aspirations. Hell, even the NCAA knows this as here are there statistics for high school athletes who go on to play college ball

Soccer (HS Players) 456,362
(NCAA Players) 25,072
(% moving on from HS to play College) 5.5%
(Division 1) 1.3%
(Division 2) 1.5%
(Division 3) 2.7%

Embrace who your child is. Don't try to mold them into who you think they're supposed to be or what team they should be on. Take notice of who they are and celebrate that.

As someone who used to coach at the college level and now has a daughter in this age group, I am just happy to see my daughter on the field with teammates learning what it means to be part of a team and develop a sense of resiliency when her team underachieves and celebrate when she and her teammates do well.

Thanks for all of the entertainment with your posts about girls who are 11 and 12 years old...just remember, that there are no scholarships being given out right now, most of the parents involved are volunteers. So sit back and enjoy kids being kids.



Don’t forget NPL... another money hungry league who promises top competition! Meanwhile they’ll take Albys B team who only until last season moved up to play NYCSL premier 1 and they came in last! Great competition Gary Grossman is promoting in NPL.


Slick doing a great job of selling a bunch of BS to these dumb parents who think this is in their kids best interest. Slicks best interest is filling his pockets with their cash. Playing on a bigger field is the best thing for home with a bigger roster equals more money. Anyone who knows soccer knows smaller field is the best thing for these kids to learn how to play. Not chase the goalies punt and run after it to try and score, stupid parents can’t see past his nonsense.


Ok, I am an Ably B team parent. I rarely post, but enough. I want to set a few things straight

“Slick” didn’t sell us on playing 11v11 this year. It was our idea as parents. We increased the roster size by 1 player. Not really moving the needle for “Slick”. The idea was to give the girls a head start while still playing on age competition in NPL.

In the 11v11 league our girls have lost 1 game.

None of us have any misconceptions of what our kids can/will do with their soccer careers. There are a group of girls that came over when PFK merged with alby that have been together for a long time now. There are others that joined when the Fury Blue was formed in 2017. Since then these girls (and parents)have become incredibly close. They love playing together and love their coach. We as the parents feel that above all else that is worth the Alby price tag.

In all competitions this team has beaten Auburndale, NHP, surf, lake grove and somers. Why wouldn’t they deserve a chance to playin D1 with the better competition.

The club was reluctant to put is in D1 last season because they felt it was going to be tough on certain players. It was left to the parents to decide. We collectively felt that the earned the opportunity to play at the top level. We still stand by that.

We don’t care about last place, they’re 11.

Besides Our girls lost one game badly that whole season against Auburndale. Lost one game by 2 goals against the Alby A team. The other losses against lake Grove and the mighty EM were 3-2 and 1-0. The others Somers, Surf and NHP were draws.

So I don’t know what club your kid belongs to but odds are you’ve had your hands full at some point playing against this team.

In summary, stop counting our money worrying about our kids we’ll be fine. We got this.




Thanks for all the “useful” information. Just goes to show how much you do care, the club was reluctant to put you in D1 for a reason. Just goes to show the delusional expectations you all had. No true club would have done this, as someone mentioned you learn more on a smaller pitch. That point can’t be argued by anyone that knows anything about soccer. That fact u wanted to play up is obnoxious and to demand D1 on top of it is pathetic. Would it have been bad to start in D2 or D3 ? Would the kids have known the difference? I think not, it meant more to you parents to say that. At least that way you could have made a move either way to see how it goes.You are all living thru ur kids and need to manage your expectations, rationalizing your losses and the scores, listen to how sad that is, says a lot about the crazy parents that u truly are. Keep coaching ur kids up and down the sidelines and keep dreaming and of course keep paying!

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728080 10/14/19 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If dominated them is referencing the 3 parents on the sideline who didn't stop whining to the referee all game, then call it what you will. Anyone who understands the game knows that the score of that game is no way a reflection of what the game was like...

With respect to the post above that asks about programs and different leagues, the entire youth soccer landscape is so convoluted right now. There are so many leagues and pathways that players can pursue. You have for profit entities like EDP that will gladly take money for you to travel and play...new leagues and league alignments popping up promising "better" competition etc...

Just enjoy watching your child playing a sport that teaches them so much more than pursuing professional aspirations. Hell, even the NCAA knows this as here are there statistics for high school athletes who go on to play college ball

Soccer (HS Players) 456,362
(NCAA Players) 25,072
(% moving on from HS to play College) 5.5%
(Division 1) 1.3%
(Division 2) 1.5%
(Division 3) 2.7%

Embrace who your child is. Don't try to mold them into who you think they're supposed to be or what team they should be on. Take notice of who they are and celebrate that.

As someone who used to coach at the college level and now has a daughter in this age group, I am just happy to see my daughter on the field with teammates learning what it means to be part of a team and develop a sense of resiliency when her team underachieves and celebrate when she and her teammates do well.

Thanks for all of the entertainment with your posts about girls who are 11 and 12 years old...just remember, that there are no scholarships being given out right now, most of the parents involved are volunteers. So sit back and enjoy kids being kids.



Don’t forget NPL... another money hungry league who promises top competition! Meanwhile they’ll take Albys B team who only until last season moved up to play NYCSL premier 1 and they came in last! Great competition Gary Grossman is promoting in NPL.


Slick doing a great job of selling a bunch of BS to these dumb parents who think this is in their kids best interest. Slicks best interest is filling his pockets with their cash. Playing on a bigger field is the best thing for home with a bigger roster equals more money. Anyone who knows soccer knows smaller field is the best thing for these kids to learn how to play. Not chase the goalies punt and run after it to try and score, stupid parents can’t see past his nonsense.


Ok, I am an Ably B team parent. I rarely post, but enough. I want to set a few things straight

“Slick” didn’t sell us on playing 11v11 this year. It was our idea as parents. We increased the roster size by 1 player. Not really moving the needle for “Slick”. The idea was to give the girls a head start while still playing on age competition in NPL.

In the 11v11 league our girls have lost 1 game.

None of us have any misconceptions of what our kids can/will do with their soccer careers. There are a group of girls that came over when PFK merged with alby that have been together for a long time now. There are others that joined when the Fury Blue was formed in 2017. Since then these girls (and parents)have become incredibly close. They love playing together and love their coach. We as the parents feel that above all else that is worth the Alby price tag.

In all competitions this team has beaten Auburndale, NHP, surf, lake grove and somers. Why wouldn’t they deserve a chance to playin D1 with the better competition.

The club was reluctant to put is in D1 last season because they felt it was going to be tough on certain players. It was left to the parents to decide. We collectively felt that the earned the opportunity to play at the top level. We still stand by that.

We don’t care about last place, they’re 11.

Besides Our girls lost one game badly that whole season against Auburndale. Lost one game by 2 goals against the Alby A team. The other losses against lake Grove and the mighty EM were 3-2 and 1-0. The others Somers, Surf and NHP were draws.

So I don’t know what club your kid belongs to but odds are you’ve had your hands full at some point playing against this team.

In summary, stop counting our money worrying about our kids we’ll be fine. We got this.




Thanks for all the “useful” information. Just goes to show how much you do care, the club was reluctant to put you in D1 for a reason. Just goes to show the delusional expectations you all had. No true club would have done this, as someone mentioned you learn more on a smaller pitch. That point can’t be argued by anyone that knows anything about soccer. That fact u wanted to play up is obnoxious and to demand D1 on top of it is pathetic. Would it have been bad to start in D2 or D3 ? Would the kids have known the difference? I think not, it meant more to you parents to say that. At least that way you could have made a move either way to see how it goes.You are all living thru ur kids and need to manage your expectations, rationalizing your losses and the scores, listen to how sad that is, says a lot about the crazy parents that u truly are. Keep coaching ur kids up and down the sidelines and keep dreaming and of course keep paying!


Get your facts straight before you shoot mouth off. We’re playing up in D2. We played D1 on age last season. And we’re still playing on a smaller pitch in NPL.
Why do you care so much?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728081 10/14/19 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By reading all these posts, is sounds like this 2008 group is in shambles! From the parents to the organizations running them. Might as well stick to tennis.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728150 10/15/19 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fuel the Jet!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728153 10/15/19 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- bigger players flatline if they've been relying on athleticism instead of skill--- FTJ!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728163 10/15/19 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
- bigger players flatline if they've been relying on athleticism instead of skill--- FTJ!!



Would you like to let everyone know what this means? Or should I google fuel the jet?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728164 10/15/19 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728165 10/15/19 04:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!



Speaking of punting. Really surprised and happy to see how many teams in this age group tried to play out of the back every weekend. Some teams are more successful than others. EMSC, NHP, SURF and AUB all played out of the back every weekend last season. With all due respect, both Alby teams were big on punting. It's what happens when you are obsessed with getting a result.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728168 10/15/19 05:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!



Speaking of punting. Really surprised and happy to see how many teams in this age group tried to play out of the back every weekend. Some teams are more successful than others. EMSC, NHP, SURF and AUB all played out of the back every weekend last season. With all due respect, both Alby teams were big on punting. It's what happens when you are obsessed with getting a result.


Shhh....watch what u say as the alby parents might get real upset!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728172 10/15/19 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did EM do this Columbus Day Weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728173 10/15/19 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!


So with all of teams and kids that play up. Why do you focus your energy and time on this forum trashing this program and specifically this team? “ Dumb parents, keep paying, living through our kids....

What happened, who did you wrong, what was the bad man’s name?

I tried to address like a peer and obviously you’re not.

You’re just here to trash 11 year olds so this will be the last time I address you.

Frankly I’ve given you more than than you deserve already.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728177 10/15/19 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid drop

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728187 10/16/19 09:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!



Speaking of punting. Really surprised and happy to see how many teams in this age group tried to play out of the back every weekend. Some teams are more successful than others. EMSC, NHP, SURF and AUB all played out of the back every weekend last season. With all due respect, both Alby teams were big on punting. It's what happens when you are obsessed with getting a result.


Not an Alby parent. Stop your nonsense. Were you driving from game to game for all these 4 perfect teams every weekend to make this statement? I highly doubt that. More likely another so called adult that spends time posting anything as long as is negative about this one club. Why is that? Focus on your club and your team, never mind what other teams are doing. The only one that appears to have an obsession is you. By the way, punting is part of soccer in case you have not watched a proper soccer game ever. It’s just another tool, some teams have it and use it, others don’t. Let the kids play and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728192 10/16/19 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728208 10/16/19 12:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What did EM do this Columbus Day Weekend?


Nothing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728221 10/16/19 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alby B parent - keep adding fuel to the fire sweetieB teams should stay and develop and not play up. I’ve seen this team play and the only way they score (which isn’t often and against bigger stronger/faster kids since they are playing up) is when their goalie punts which happens often. stop living thru ur kids and manage expectations!!


So with all of teams and kids that play up. Why do you focus your energy and time on this forum trashing this program and specifically this team? “ Dumb parents, keep paying, living through our kids....

What happened, who did you wrong, what was the bad man’s name?

I tried to address like a peer and obviously you’re not.

You’re just here to trash 11 year olds so this will be the last time I address you.

Frankly I’ve given you more than than you deserve already.


Lol, keep following ur poor kids up and down the side line and coaching them, never saw anything like it anywhere else. You have no idea how obnoxious that is and feel for the kids, this is about the parents and not the kids but ur to dumb to see that but keep feeling the need to retort and keep us amused!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728385 10/18/19 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you listen closely you will hear... The Jet!! Fuel the Jet!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728393 10/18/19 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you listen closely you will hear... The Jet!! Fuel the Jet!!


Is that what the parent was saying? Please say no.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728467 10/20/19 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can i find state cup result?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728468 10/20/19 07:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,404
Likes: 5
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,404
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where can i find state cup result?


The link to the ENY Challenge Cup is above in the SCORES & STANDINGS RIBBON...look up!!

The u12-u19 will be played in Spring.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728477 10/20/19 10:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s everyone doing in winter?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728501 10/21/19 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens at the end of this calendar year? Do the top kids split for ECNL teams?

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728509 10/21/19 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Surf 08s are transferring over to the NPL team league in the Spring. Anyone Confirm? It would be great to have better competition for our team.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728511 10/21/19 01:11 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,404
Likes: 5
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,404
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rumor has it that Surf 08s are transferring over to the NPL team league in the Spring. Anyone Confirm? It would be great to have better competition for our team.


If they is what the team wants they will get it. NPL will take just about any team, which is why I would disagree with your "better competition" comment. If you truly want better competition then you should be playing in EDP.

Like Reply Quote
Re: G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Larry Miller #728515 10/21/19 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are in the Team NPL league my point is half the league is competitive the other half not so much. adding Surf and booting either stony brook Gold Coast Albertson or Extreme would be good for the league.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!