Re: B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
Anonymous #728070 10/14/19 08:09 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dix Hills used to produce quality teams! The club is garbage under the new regime!

The club is NOT garbage. Martin Targett is working hard to overcome the scumbags, Bob Rocco and Cordt Weinstein, who were the garbage that killed a once highly respected club. Kozy is a whole other story, and you can be assured I have shared my thoughts on Kozy with Martin. The club is fine, but I hope they find a new DOC.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #728071 10/14/19 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca Management will surely address this parent appropriately. This parent’s actions are not representative of #BARCABEST.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728093 10/15/19 08:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca Management will surely address this parent appropriately. This parent’s actions are not representative of #BARCABEST.

What was the problem? Parents can be jerks, but usually there is some incident that causes them to charge the field.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728100 10/15/19 08:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote: YOU ARE A BARCA PARENT. EVERYONE SAW THE BARCA DAD RUN UP TO THE REFEREE AND GRAB HIM. OTHER BARCA PARENTS HELD HIM BACK.

Reply: If the Barca parent really did grab the referee, he should be charged with assault and banned for life. There is no excuse for that behavior at any age let alone a U10 game. This dad likely just ruined his sons soccer experience because of his own selfishness and stupidity. Would not be shocked if the boy never wanted to play again. How sad is that parents?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728104 10/15/19 09:03 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Quote: YOU ARE A BARCA PARENT. EVERYONE SAW THE BARCA DAD RUN UP TO THE REFEREE AND GRAB HIM. OTHER BARCA PARENTS HELD HIM BACK.

Reply: If the Barca parent really did grab the referee, he should be charged with assault and banned for life. There is no excuse for that behavior at any age let alone a U10 game. This dad likely just ruined his sons soccer experience because of his own selfishness and stupidity. Would not be shocked if the boy never wanted to play again. How sad is that parents?

If what say really happened, maybe the parent wants to buy Barca since it appears the club is for sale, and that way he can be the big Barca kahuna.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728106 10/15/19 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who can i contact in interest of purchasing the club ? I'm interested actually

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728110 10/15/19 09:20 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Who can i contact in interest of purchasing the club ? I'm interested actually

Here is a question....exactly what would you be buying if you bought Barca?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728111 10/15/19 09:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash flow and an assignment of whatever contracts they have. Who isn’t looking for cash flow in a business.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728113 10/15/19 09:33 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Cash flow and an assignment of whatever contracts they have. Who isn’t looking for cash flow in a business.

What if I told you that our reporting claims keith is not making money, plus what contracts do believe they have and with whom? I am trying to understand what assets they are holding and BOTN doesn't see any, which doesn't mean they dont exist, but we can't find them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728115 10/15/19 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, I think the forum would appreciate it if this narrative was moved out of the 2010 thread. It took me a while to stumble upon it after reading the BOTN ticker.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728118 10/15/19 09:57 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry, I think the forum would appreciate it if this narrative was moved out of the 2010 thread. It took me a while to stumble upon it after reading the BOTN ticker.

There is no dedicated thread for this subject since in the big picture while the the owner is looking to sell this "FOR SALE" sign has been up for close to a year. Barca, I'm told used an NDA with entities they spoke with so information was well hid. The sale news is mostly targeted at the parents who are still believing all the unkept promises....the only asset the club has that I can see are the players, and no club owns their players.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728119 10/15/19 09:59 AM
S
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
S
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

What if I told you that our reporting claims keith is not making money, plus what contracts do believe they have and with whom? I am trying to understand what assets they are holding and BOTN doesn't see any, which doesn't mean they dont exist, but we can't find them.

If they are up for sale there is going to be large outflow of kids. These families have shown zero loyalty to their former clubs. They will be shopping for new jerseys in huge numbers. They bled a large number of kids this past summer.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #728121 10/15/19 10:06 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Sundevil94

If they are up for sale there is going to be large outflow of kids. These families have shown zero loyalty to their former clubs. They will be shopping for new jerseys in huge numbers. They bled a large number of kids this past summer.

If I were a Barca parent I sure would want to confront Keith Delucia who we believe is the owner and ask him what the story is, and hope he tells them the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728126 10/15/19 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing to "buy" with Barca, just the right to use the name and then pay royalties to the real Barca. No contracts for players and no tangible assets they own. What would your ROI be?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728128 10/15/19 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a contract with someone to, at a minimum, use the Barca name. I’m sure that agreement details other benefits and responsibilities as well. I’m also certain that agreement allows the licensor to use the Barca name also contains specific requirements and even pre-approval over who the present owner/licensee can sell/transfer to.

Barca is getting their trainers from somewhere, many are from Spain. I’d imagine the contract obligates Barca (?) to provide a certain number of trainers/ year. That’s certainly an asset.

Regardless, cash flow is the main asset. Yes, kids leave all the time, but their is a lot of “stickiness”, especially if there is consistency in the trainers. Most everyone I speak with who knows anything about Barca has nothing but praise for the trainers and their training methodology.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728129 10/15/19 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the problem? Parents can be jerks, but usually there is some incident that causes them to charge the field.

Reply: There is never any excuse for parents to charge the field! Being a jerk is one thing, they exist in every age group. Charging a field is an entirely different thing and cannot be tolerated by the sane among us.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728132 10/15/19 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“What’s your ROI”. What a silly statement. What’s my cost, genius? What’s my cost of funds? What are my fixed costs? Variable? What exactly am I buying.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728133 10/15/19 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote: They have a contract with someone to, at a minimum, use the Barca name. I’m sure that agreement details other benefits and responsibilities as well. I’m also certain that agreement allows the licensor to use the Barca name also contains specific requirements and even pre-approval over who the present owner/licensee can sell/transfer to.

Barca is getting their trainers from somewhere, many are from Spain. I’d imagine the contract obligates Barca (?) to provide a certain number of trainers/ year. That’s certainly an asset.

Regardless, cash flow is the main asset. Yes, kids leave all the time, but their is a lot of “stickiness”, especially if there is consistency in the trainers. Most everyone I speak with who knows anything about Barca has nothing but praise for the trainers and their training methodology.

Reply: The trainers are the real deal and no question about their quality. But that is all the Barca Spain Club provides other than the name. If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it. The training is high quality but this was a bad business venture from the get go.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728136 10/15/19 11:19 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Quote: They have a contract with someone to, at a minimum, use the Barca name. I’m sure that agreement details other benefits and responsibilities as well. I’m also certain that agreement allows the licensor to use the Barca name also contains specific requirements and even pre-approval over who the present owner/licensee can sell/transfer to.

Reply: The trainers are the real deal and no question about their quality. But that is all the Barca Spain Club provides other than the name. If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it. The training is high quality but this was a bad business venture from the get go.

I think you should buy the club. You must be smarter than those who were approached and declined. What do they know, right?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728137 10/15/19 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you should buy the club. You must be smarter than those who were approached and declined. What do they know, right?

Actually no, I have a bridge for sale that is a MUCH MUCH better deal. Prime real estate, lots of users and engagement and that stickiness that you're looking for. DM me for details.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728138 10/15/19 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it."

Not really; is one thing to recognize an opportunity and another to properly exploit it. For better or worse, a lot of businesses were created by one person and taken to the next level by someone else. KD and whomever else did something absolutely wonderfully crazy - they got a deal with the real Barca for a club here on LI; it may be for the next person (a person familiar with how to grow a soccer club) to exploit that properly, and may have been the plan all along. Who knows? Parents I know with children in club like the training, don't mind that field issue; that agreement with Barca is worth something, to the right operator.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728144 10/15/19 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's clarify exactly the Barca coaching compensation model and the credentials they bring to the table. For the most part, the trainers from Spain are up and coming coaches who are trying to break into the ranks of the Barcelona academy. The majority of them will never make it. They are here on a visa and have a very short time to make an impression that could land them an interview. If Barca had any real academy coaches they would stick their noses up at the quality of LI players compared to what they work with at la Masia and would have no words to describe their American parents. For many young coaches, their time in NY is a vacation.

Now for Keith Delucia and Prospect Sports its actually cheaper to hire the Euro's then it is to have domestic coaches. Spanish coaches get paid a minimal stipend and are boarded at a coach's apartment with several other trainers. Domestic coaches require a much higher "per-session" fee then their foreign counterparts. Barca coaches barely survive and are here more for the experience than anything long-term.

This setup is not exclusive to Barca or relatively new. Any training group that highlights European coaches uses a similar model. Dutch Total Soccer (DTS), NOGA, etc, etc... These organizations have high turnover rates amongst their coaching corps. The trainers can not survive long-term on what they are getting paid and either return home or leave their original training organization to open up their own.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #728145 10/15/19 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it will be following in line of the extinct Boca Junior/Juventus academy.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728146 10/15/19 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply: There is never any excuse for parents to charge the field! Being a jerk is one thing, they exist in every age group. Charging a field is an entirely different thing and cannot be tolerated by the sane among us.

I totally agree that it is in no way OK and should never be tolerated. I'm just wondering what the inciting event was.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #728151 10/15/19 01:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If "Barca LI" is for sale it is because they aren't making money and every month LI has to send a check for use of the name and anything else they sell with the Barca brand name on it."

The BOTN ticker seems to imply that they just put the Barca name on it without the real club's permission (perhaps it would actually have the full correct name if that was the case). So, if that were true and they had no actual contract/permission, then what does the club actually have?

Loyalty of good underpaid overseas trainers undergoing an ownership change? The loyalty of the kids?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 49 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 48 49
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!