A ‘Best v Best’ International Experience for 2008 EDP Boys & Girls.
East Brunswick, NJ (September 27, 2019) -- EDP today launched the EDP 1st Team, a new, club-neutral, player identification and development program for 2008 Boys & Girls playing in the 12 and Under teams and clubs managed by EDP.
This program will select the best Boys & Girls from all regions of EDP to form the ‘1st Team’. These elite players will earn a fully-funded experience, one that will provide the opportunity to compete against elite Professional Academy teams in the United Kingdom.
“This program is part of our overall mission to provide ‘Best v Best’ competitions and experiences. It gives us great pleasure to offer this program at no cost to our committed members”. said EDP Technical Director Simon Collins. “We are excited to be part of this identification opportunity and are looking forward to seeing the young players compete internationally.''
John Ellinger EDP Leadership Council Chairman added: “EDP 1st Team is a unique opportunity for young players to experience an elite development environment and soccer culture that has produced some of the most exciting players in the world.”
The EDP 1st Team Process:
• EDP staff & Technical Department will work together with EDP 12 and Under club coaches to assist them in nominating players born 2008 based on the nomination criteria.
• Nominated players will be invited to participate in regional tryouts– North, Central, South and Pennsylvania areas of the EDP market area (October / November 2019)
• A final selection squad will be formed from each of the four regions.
• The Boys and Girls selected to their regional teams will train twice with club neutral coaches (November 2019 & December 2019) before competing against the other regional team (March 2020 - EDP Spring Classic) in a competitive tournament situation.
• Based on performances at the EDP Spring Classic regional team competition, our partners Iconz International Soccer Tours will select a final team of 16 boys players and 16 girls players - EDP 1st Team.
• In preparation for the EDP 1st Teams (Boys and Girls) games in the United Kingdom their teams will practice twice during the spring of 2020 and compete in a purpose-built tournament against best in class competition from within our region.
• In August 2020, the EDP 1st Teams will travel to the United Kingdom to compete against top youth Academy teams. As part of this immersive competitive international experience, the EDP 1st Team players will also have unique behind the scenes access to these world class clubs and facilities and also attend a Premier League match.
• For more information on EDP First team visit: https://bit.ly/2nXo9Nr
or email Simon@edpsoccer.com
The ultimate experience. A true ‘Best v Best’ competitive, international experience. All at no cost to the player!