Forum Search
Latest Posts
So, When Do You Think the Games Will Start Up Again?
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 03:30 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 03:17 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 02:24 PM
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 06/02/20 01:04 PM
Sponsors

Girls Academy League
Girls Academy League
Development Player League
DPL Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Random Photos
Rock Dreams 1
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation
Anonymous #726830 09/16/19 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.
Prior to this, only ECNL rostered players could play NE NPL but not vice versa.

This is not accurate. NE NPL players definitely had opportunities to play with their ECNL teams. Yes, they would need to be added to the ECNL roster, so there is a limit to how many (max ECNL roster is 30 I think). But there was no rule that prevented it.

You just agreed with the post. An ECNL rostered player could absolutely compete in an NE NPL game as long as they did not compete in any other game that day.
As a referee I can tell you this was absolutely the case. And an NE NPL player could not.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #726832 09/16/19 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Not hard, cumbersome.

It's fairly intuitive if you (your kid) is on the team.

Should be no argument. Site is Terrible at best. Not optimized for mobile phone properly.

Maybe they fixed it but if you go onto the competition drop down just click ECNL Regional league in stead of ECNL
Seems pretty straight forward. Haven't tried it on the mobile site yet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726847 09/16/19 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.

This is not accurate. NE NPL players definitely had opportunities to play with their ECNL teams. Yes, they would need to be added to the ECNL roster, so there is a limit to how many (max ECNL roster is 30 I think). But there was no rule that prevented it.

You just agreed with the post. An ECNL rostered player could absolutely compete in an NE NPL game as long as they did not compete in any other game that day.
As a referee I can tell you this was absolutely the case. And an NE NPL player could not.

No, I corrected the original post. The original post said that a NE NPL players could not play in ECNL games. My post said yes they could, up until the ECNL roster maxed out at 30. So for teams whose ECNL rosters were <20 players, that meant that up to 10 NE NPL players were able to play in ECNL games.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #726855 09/16/19 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol when have you ever seen an ECNL roster <20!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726866 09/16/19 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol when have you ever seen an ECNL roster <20!

Most of the WCFC ECNL teams carried less than 20. If they added more, it was because they lost players to injury and needed to replace them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726893 09/17/19 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I corrected the original post. The original post said that a NE NPL players could not play in ECNL games. My post said yes they could, up until the ECNL roster maxed out at 30. So for teams whose ECNL rosters were <20 players, that meant that up to 10 NE NPL players were able to play in ECNL games.

BUT that is incorrect. NE NPL players cannot play on an ECNL team unless they carry a pass that says ECNL which they don't.
HOWEVER, an ECNL player can play with their pass in an NE NPL game.

"Whenever a player is added to an ECNL Roster and therefore becomes an ECNL Registered Player, the player will need to have an ECNL Passcard in order to participate in ECNL Competition. A US Club Passcard will not be sufficient to allow a player to participate in ECNL Competition."

"ECNL Players. An ECNL Registered player may play for any NE Girls Team in the NE Girls Club for which the player is age eligible. Age Eligibility is determined by Exhibit A of these Regulations. Regardless of age, any ECNL Registered player that appears on any NE Girls Roster for any NE Girls Team will count as one (1) of the twenty-six (26) maximum player roster limit for the entire NE Girls season. A younger ECNL Registered player “playing up” for an older NE Girls team will count towards the twenty-six (26) roster limit. There is a limit of four (4) ECNL players allowed to participate in NPL games per team for the entire regular and playoff season. Regardless of the number of games, once an ECNL player appears on any NE Girls Roster she will count towards the four (4) ECNL player limit for that NE Girls Team.

I waiting on confirmation from ECNL (R) players from either team can play for either team as long as the Initial roster doesn't max out at 30.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #726895 09/17/19 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.
The passes are different between the two leagues.
Unless a player is dual carded, they cannot play on a different ECNL team.

You need an ECNL (R) pass to play on an ECNL (R) team.

She explained that in the past, ECNL players WERE allowed to play on NE NPL teams because of the US Club pass and the structure in the Northeast.
BUT NE NPL players were not allowed to play in any ECNL games regardless of a US club pass and dual carding was not allowed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726909 09/17/19 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUT that is incorrect. NE NPL players cannot play on an ECNL team unless they carry a pass that says ECNL which they don't.
HOWEVER, an ECNL player can play with their pass in an NE NPL game.

"Whenever a player is added to an ECNL Roster and therefore becomes an ECNL Registered Player, the player will need to have an ECNL Passcard in order to participate in ECNL Competition. A US Club Passcard will not be sufficient to allow a player to participate in ECNL Competition."

"ECNL Players. An ECNL Registered player may play for any NE Girls Team in the NE Girls Club for which the player is age eligible. Age Eligibility is determined by Exhibit A of these Regulations. Regardless of age, any ECNL Registered player that appears on any NE Girls Roster for any NE Girls Team will count as one (1) of the twenty-six (26) maximum player roster limit for the entire NE Girls season. A younger ECNL Registered player “playing up” for an older NE Girls team will count towards the twenty-six (26) roster limit. There is a limit of four (4) ECNL players allowed to participate in NPL games per team for the entire regular and playoff season. Regardless of the number of games, once an ECNL player appears on any NE Girls Roster she will count towards the four (4) ECNL player limit for that NE Girls Team.

I waiting on confirmation from ECNL (R) players from either team can play for either team as long as the Initial roster doesn't max out at 30.

It is very simple for the club to add an NE NPL player to their ECNL roster as long as the ECNL roster is 30 or less. My D played on an NE NPL team and played with the ECNL team a few times, as have a number of her NE NPL teammates.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726910 09/17/19 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

She explained that in the past, ECNL players WERE allowed to play on NE NPL teams because of the US Club pass and the structure in the Northeast.
BUT NE NPL players were not allowed to play in any ECNL games regardless of a US club pass and dual carding was not allowed.

I think whoever you spoke to was thinking that you were talking about a player playing for two different clubs. If you were at, say, PDA and were on their NE NPL team, you could absolutely be added to their ECNL roster to play an ECNL game.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #726911 09/18/19 06:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #726913 09/18/19 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECNL B Team or as these parents want to call it “ECRL” because it sounds more important....complete waste of money. Delusional parents with hopes their kids can play ECNL at one point. EDP team will crush these teams and bet they aren’t paying anywhere near the $ these parents are but keep drinking that kool aid folks!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #726954 09/18/19 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

I think whoever you spoke to was thinking that you were talking about a player playing for two different clubs. If you were at, say, PDA and were on their NE NPL team, you could absolutely be added to their ECNL roster to play an ECNL game.

Perhaps the referee didn't know that they needed to have an ECNL pass to play with an ECNL team. But NE NPL players were not supposed to be playing on ECNL team, as the poster mentioned above. I guess its like DA, everyone is basically doing whatever they want lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727100 09/21/19 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

Perhaps the referee didn't know that they needed to have an ECNL pass to play with an ECNL team. But NE NPL players were not supposed to be playing on ECNL team, as the poster mentioned above. I guess its like DA, everyone is basically doing whatever they want lol

Again, there is nothing stopping an ECNL club from giving their NE NPL players an ECNL pass as long as the ECNL roster doesn't exceed the maximum (30, or maybe 26, not sure exactly). This was one of the main appeals of joining a NE NPL team. Our team even made sure that player jersey numbers did not overlap between the NE NPL and ECNL teams at each age group so that players could move up or down as needed.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727101 09/21/19 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Not hard, cumbersome.

They just made it easier:

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/ecnl-regional-league/

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727122 09/22/19 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so confused. What does the Farmingdale Soccer Club get out of having all their girls team playing now in East Meadow uniforms in ECRL? How did it benefit them to lose their entire girls travel program no matter what league they play in? Can anyone explain this?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727125 09/22/19 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so confused. What does the Farmingdale Soccer Club get out of having all their girls team playing now in East Meadow uniforms in ECRL? How did it benefit them to lose their entire girls travel program no matter what league they play in? Can anyone explain this?

Because they are killing this sport on Long Island. Same crappy coached and 10 times the cost

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727127 09/22/19 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their teams now get automatic acceptance to PDA Girls Showcase in May and a much better chance of getting accepted at Jefferson Cup. And if they do well, they get accepted to ECNL Playoffs. All good opportunities for college exposure, particularly if targeting D2 or D3 schools.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727128 09/22/19 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure the EM uniforms are way more cooler than the Farmingdale uniforms! Enjoy the midget and the other trainer who played in the MLS for one hot minute and thinks he is the best trainer on the planet. And he will pouch all the good Farmingdale players for EM, sound good?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727129 09/22/19 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So right now what used to be Farmingdale girls travel teams of 11, 12, and 13 year olds are playing for East Meadow. So you’re saying they gave away their girls travel program so the 11, 12, and 13 year olds can get into a D2 or D3 school? Do you realize how insane that sounds? Again what does Farmingdale Soccer Club get out of this even if that’s true for these particular girls 5-7 years from now? What was their motivation for allowing this?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727131 09/22/19 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So right now what used to be Farmingdale girls travel teams of 11, 12, and 13 year olds are playing for East Meadow. So you’re saying they gave away their girls travel program so the 11, 12, and 13 year olds can get into a D2 or D3 school? Do you realize how insane that sounds? Again what does Farmingdale Soccer Club get out of this even if that’s true for these particular girls 5-7 years from now? What was their motivation for allowing this?

If those players want to play college soccer, why does this sound insane? D2 and D3 schools still have a recruiting process. The strong academic D3's are definitely looking for GDA/ECNL/NPL-level players, and the D2 schools offer athletic scholarships. While of course 11 and 12 year olds are too young to get looked at by college coaches, having the experience of playing in these kind of leagues will help them. I posted before that my D committed to a strong-academic D3 after playing on a NE NPL team starting at U12 (actually U11, but NE NPL hadn't been created when she started with the team at U11). I'm sure there are Smithtown players who played NE NPL who were successfully recruited at D2 or D3 colleges, so maybe Farmingdale hears from its families that that is a goal for some of their kids, too.

Just because it doesn't fit your needs doesn't mean it doesn't fit anybody else's needs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727132 09/22/19 11:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only EM benefits from the new selection of fields they will now have. What was the original arrangement between EM and smithtown years ago. What was supposed to be the benefit of that relationship and curious on how that ended and why?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727134 09/23/19 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If those players want to play college soccer, why does this sound insane? D2 and D3 schools still have a recruiting process. The strong academic D3's are definitely looking for GDA/ECNL/NPL-level players, and the D2 schools offer athletic scholarships. While of course 11 and 12 year olds are too young to get looked at by college coaches, having the experience of playing in these kind of leagues will help them. I posted before that my D committed to a strong-academic D3 after playing on a NE NPL team starting at U12 (actually U11, but NE NPL hadn't been created when she started with the team at U11). I'm sure there are Smithtown players who played NE NPL who were successfully recruited at D2 or D3 colleges, so maybe Farmingdale hears from its families that that is a goal for some of their kids, too.

Just because it doesn't fit your needs doesn't mean it doesn't fit anybody else's needs.

You are so full of it. A whole club moved because of money. Thats all there is to it. If there wasn't an increased price involved they would not move the club. Same as adding 30 players to a roster when only 11 can play.
GMAFB

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727137 09/23/19 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so full of it. A whole club moved because of money. Thats all there is to it. If there wasn't an increased price involved they would not move the club. Same as adding 30 players to a roster when only 11 can play.
GMAFB

Why full of it? Of course there is money incentive. That's how our economic system works. But people will only pay if there is demand for a product, and it seems like there is demand for some families at Farmingdale to get this kind of opportunity. If there was no demand, then making this move would mean the club would make no money because no one would sign up.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727444 09/30/19 05:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the end game for Farmingdale?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11