Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | CCL Boys | CCL Girls | EDP | EDP Futures |
| ENY Challenge Cup | ENY State Cup | GDA | LIJSL | NEGDL |
National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) |

Latest Posts
SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
by Anonymous - 10/21/19 03:53 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 10/21/19 03:51 PM
Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
by Anonymous - 10/21/19 03:42 PM
Latest Tryout Posts
Albertson SC Boys ECNL ID Clinics
by Larry Miller - 10/21/19 12:42 PM
Atletico Welcomes All Barca Players
by CJ Orlando - 10/20/19 02:22 PM
G2006 LEVITTOWN LIGHTNING
by peter cavanaugh - 10/16/19 05:11 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Larry Miller, Sundevil94, CJ Orlando), 143 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726830 09/16/19 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.
Prior to this, only ECNL rostered players could play NE NPL but not vice versa.

This is not accurate. NE NPL players definitely had opportunities to play with their ECNL teams. Yes, they would need to be added to the ECNL roster, so there is a limit to how many (max ECNL roster is 30 I think). But there was no rule that prevented it.

You just agreed with the post. An ECNL rostered player could absolutely compete in an NE NPL game as long as they did not compete in any other game that day.
As a referee I can tell you this was absolutely the case. And an NE NPL player could not.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726832 09/16/19 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Not hard, cumbersome.

It's fairly intuitive if you (your kid) is on the team.

Should be no argument. Site is Terrible at best. Not optimized for mobile phone properly.

Maybe they fixed it but if you go onto the competition drop down just click ECNL Regional league in stead of ECNL
Seems pretty straight forward. Haven't tried it on the mobile site yet.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726847 09/16/19 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.

This is not accurate. NE NPL players definitely had opportunities to play with their ECNL teams. Yes, they would need to be added to the ECNL roster, so there is a limit to how many (max ECNL roster is 30 I think). But there was no rule that prevented it.

You just agreed with the post. An ECNL rostered player could absolutely compete in an NE NPL game as long as they did not compete in any other game that day.
As a referee I can tell you this was absolutely the case. And an NE NPL player could not.

No, I corrected the original post. The original post said that a NE NPL players could not play in ECNL games. My post said yes they could, up until the ECNL roster maxed out at 30. So for teams whose ECNL rosters were <20 players, that meant that up to 10 NE NPL players were able to play in ECNL games.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726855 09/16/19 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol when have you ever seen an ECNL roster <20!

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726866 09/16/19 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol when have you ever seen an ECNL roster <20!

Most of the WCFC ECNL teams carried less than 20. If they added more, it was because they lost players to injury and needed to replace them.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726893 09/17/19 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I corrected the original post. The original post said that a NE NPL players could not play in ECNL games. My post said yes they could, up until the ECNL roster maxed out at 30. So for teams whose ECNL rosters were <20 players, that meant that up to 10 NE NPL players were able to play in ECNL games.

BUT that is incorrect. NE NPL players cannot play on an ECNL team unless they carry a pass that says ECNL which they don't.
HOWEVER, an ECNL player can play with their pass in an NE NPL game.

"Whenever a player is added to an ECNL Roster and therefore becomes an ECNL Registered Player, the player will need to have an ECNL Passcard in order to participate in ECNL Competition. A US Club Passcard will not be sufficient to allow a player to participate in ECNL Competition."

"ECNL Players. An ECNL Registered player may play for any NE Girls Team in the NE Girls Club for which the player is age eligible. Age Eligibility is determined by Exhibit A of these Regulations. Regardless of age, any ECNL Registered player that appears on any NE Girls Roster for any NE Girls Team will count as one (1) of the twenty-six (26) maximum player roster limit for the entire NE Girls season. A younger ECNL Registered player “playing up” for an older NE Girls team will count towards the twenty-six (26) roster limit. There is a limit of four (4) ECNL players allowed to participate in NPL games per team for the entire regular and playoff season. Regardless of the number of games, once an ECNL player appears on any NE Girls Roster she will count towards the four (4) ECNL player limit for that NE Girls Team.

I waiting on confirmation from ECNL (R) players from either team can play for either team as long as the Initial roster doesn't max out at 30.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726895 09/17/19 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.
The passes are different between the two leagues.
Unless a player is dual carded, they cannot play on a different ECNL team.

You need an ECNL (R) pass to play on an ECNL (R) team.

She explained that in the past, ECNL players WERE allowed to play on NE NPL teams because of the US Club pass and the structure in the Northeast.
BUT NE NPL players were not allowed to play in any ECNL games regardless of a US club pass and dual carding was not allowed.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726909 09/17/19 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUT that is incorrect. NE NPL players cannot play on an ECNL team unless they carry a pass that says ECNL which they don't.
HOWEVER, an ECNL player can play with their pass in an NE NPL game.

"Whenever a player is added to an ECNL Roster and therefore becomes an ECNL Registered Player, the player will need to have an ECNL Passcard in order to participate in ECNL Competition. A US Club Passcard will not be sufficient to allow a player to participate in ECNL Competition."

"ECNL Players. An ECNL Registered player may play for any NE Girls Team in the NE Girls Club for which the player is age eligible. Age Eligibility is determined by Exhibit A of these Regulations. Regardless of age, any ECNL Registered player that appears on any NE Girls Roster for any NE Girls Team will count as one (1) of the twenty-six (26) maximum player roster limit for the entire NE Girls season. A younger ECNL Registered player “playing up” for an older NE Girls team will count towards the twenty-six (26) roster limit. There is a limit of four (4) ECNL players allowed to participate in NPL games per team for the entire regular and playoff season. Regardless of the number of games, once an ECNL player appears on any NE Girls Roster she will count towards the four (4) ECNL player limit for that NE Girls Team.

I waiting on confirmation from ECNL (R) players from either team can play for either team as long as the Initial roster doesn't max out at 30.

It is very simple for the club to add an NE NPL player to their ECNL roster as long as the ECNL roster is 30 or less. My D played on an NE NPL team and played with the ECNL team a few times, as have a number of her NE NPL teammates.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726910 09/17/19 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

She explained that in the past, ECNL players WERE allowed to play on NE NPL teams because of the US Club pass and the structure in the Northeast.
BUT NE NPL players were not allowed to play in any ECNL games regardless of a US club pass and dual carding was not allowed.

I think whoever you spoke to was thinking that you were talking about a player playing for two different clubs. If you were at, say, PDA and were on their NE NPL team, you could absolutely be added to their ECNL roster to play an ECNL game.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726911 09/18/19 06:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is accurate?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726913 09/18/19 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECNL B Team or as these parents want to call it “ECRL” because it sounds more important....complete waste of money. Delusional parents with hopes their kids can play ECNL at one point. EDP team will crush these teams and bet they aren’t paying anywhere near the $ these parents are but keep drinking that kool aid folks!!

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726954 09/18/19 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

I think whoever you spoke to was thinking that you were talking about a player playing for two different clubs. If you were at, say, PDA and were on their NE NPL team, you could absolutely be added to their ECNL roster to play an ECNL game.

Perhaps the referee didn't know that they needed to have an ECNL pass to play with an ECNL team. But NE NPL players were not supposed to be playing on ECNL team, as the poster mentioned above. I guess its like DA, everyone is basically doing whatever they want lol

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #727100 09/21/19 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke with ECNL.

Perhaps the referee didn't know that they needed to have an ECNL pass to play with an ECNL team. But NE NPL players were not supposed to be playing on ECNL team, as the poster mentioned above. I guess its like DA, everyone is basically doing whatever they want lol

Again, there is nothing stopping an ECNL club from giving their NE NPL players an ECNL pass as long as the ECNL roster doesn't exceed the maximum (30, or maybe 26, not sure exactly). This was one of the main appeals of joining a NE NPL team. Our team even made sure that player jersey numbers did not overlap between the NE NPL and ECNL teams at each age group so that players could move up or down as needed.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #727101 09/21/19 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Not hard, cumbersome.

They just made it easier:

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/ecnl-regional-league/

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #727122 09/22/19 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so confused. What does the Farmingdale Soccer Club get out of having all their girls team playing now in East Meadow uniforms in ECRL? How did it benefit them to lose their entire girls travel program no matter what league they play in? Can anyone explain this?

Reply Quote
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments

Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Fall Turf Classic 11/16
EDP Fall Classic 11/16