Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726175 08/29/19 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dunno, you can't blame everything the parents. Sure, there's a sucker born every minute. But how about the leagues and clubs that come up with this nonsense and sell the con job to parents? It's at all the bigger clubs.

I do not agree at all. There is still a huge difference between most local travel teams and second and even third teams at established clubs which generally have better coaching and better facilities. In addition, playing with and around better players gives these girls a goal. In general, I believe you get what you pay for. My daughter was a bottom player on a third team. We put in the extra money and she put in the extra practice time and she improved. She will now fight for a spot on the starting line up of the first this year. It was a fantastic experience with normal ups and downs. But I did not feel cheated or robbed of my money, I felt like my money was well spent. She did not get a huge scholarship, but she is committed to a very decent D1 school with a partial scholarship.

You don't necessarily get what you pay for. Look at Fury parents. Paying the highest fees around for no fields, a head coach who hasn't shown up yet, sub par coaching by unlicensed coaches, no uniforms yet, and little recruiting guidance.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726181 08/29/19 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older D was at WC NE NPL team and had a great experience. Great training, regular/weekly scrimmages against the ECNL teams, league games in MA, PA and MD where she was able to invite local college coaches, attended Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where most of the colleges she wanted to apply to attended. Lots of positives leading to playing at a very good D3 college that she wanted to go to. Not sure about how the LI clubs handle it, but definitely worked out well for my D.

Congratulations to you and your daughter. What worked for you was the fact that you both had a realistic game plan and knew which schools were within her reach both as a student as well as an athlete. I am sure academically she is challenged as well as athletically against very good talent as well. Too many parents do not have a realistic understanding about there daughters and think if they pay then it’s the clubs responsibility to get her into the college of her choice regardless of her athletic abilities. I am sure your daughter is now setting up her future (after college) in a great school and enjoying competitive soccer a win/win to me.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726189 08/29/19 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such non sense. Is this league more for the parents of kids who aren’t quite good enuff for ECNL but want to say their kids play for more than a regular team? Such a money grabbing ploy. Plenty of regular good academy teams that are better and a lot cheaper! Keep buying what these big club are selling dumb parents! EM really sold those day dreamer parents on it hook line and “stinker”. Keep drinking the kool aid EM parents they have lots of for u don’t worry!!

It's merely a rebranding of the old NPL teams. Same teams, and players; it's just different banner to play under. The parents didn't design this, it was thrust on them by the league.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726190 08/29/19 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older D was at WC NE NPL team and had a great experience. Great training, regular/weekly scrimmages against the ECNL teams, league games in MA, PA and MD where she was able to invite local college coaches, attended Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where most of the colleges she wanted to apply to attended. Lots of positives leading to playing at a very good D3 college that she wanted to go to. Not sure about how the LI clubs handle it, but definitely worked out well for my D.

Congratulations to you and your daughter. What worked for you was the fact that you both had a realistic game plan and knew which schools were within her reach both as a student as well as an athlete. I am sure academically she is challenged as well as athletically against very good talent as well. Too many parents do not have a realistic understanding about there daughters and think if they pay then it’s the clubs responsibility to get her into the college of her choice regardless of her athletic abilities. I am sure your daughter is now setting up her future (after college) in a great school and enjoying competitive soccer a win/win to me.

I agree. If D was looking for a top-25 D1 soccer experience, I would say that NE NPL/ECNL-Regional is not the place to be. But for D3 soccer or even lower-level D1 soccer, ECNL-Regional seems like a perfect fit. Good training environment, good exposure opportunities, clubs that are known to varying degrees to many of these college coaches.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726191 08/29/19 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.
Prior to this, only ECNL rostered players could play NE NPL but not vice versa.

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726194 08/29/19 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.

“Stay in your own lane” there will never be any overlapping in league play, tournaments or showcases with ECNL teams. That is a separate division. If you are unaware of this then you need to reconfirm with your club and team. This is just a re-branding of those ECNL teams that played NPL and were called and played same second tier club ECNL teams. Now called ECNL Regional. This will be very successful for those players who play for the love of the game in a competitive atmosphere.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726195 08/29/19 04:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good thing would be that now NE NPL players, AKA ECNL Regional can play in the ECNL game.

Same players, same trainers, same environment, same level of soccer with a league only identified different letters. For much more money.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726196 08/29/19 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same players, same trainers, same environment, same level of soccer with a league only identified different letters. For much more money.

who you kidding? The SUSA NE NPL team lost every game and the new EMSC ECRL team has 1 player that could even sniff ECNL. Its a money grab as it always is. False hopes, false dreams and empty wallets.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726197 08/29/19 05:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who you kidding? The SUSA NE NPL team lost every game and the new EMSC ECRL team has 1 player that could even sniff ECNL. Its a money grab as it always is. False hopes, false dreams and empty wallets.

True. At least the Smithtown NPL team was good! I think they finished first in their division. This EMSC ECRL? Not so much. But those credit card charges will be spot on!

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726217 08/29/19 10:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not accurate. NE NPL players definitely had opportunities to play with their ECNL teams. Yes, they would need to be added to the ECNL roster, so there is a limit to how many (max ECNL roster is 30 I think). But there was no rule that prevented it.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726218 08/29/19 10:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At WC, they are not charging any more for ECNL-R than they did for NE NPL. Same players, same trainers, same environment, same level of soccer for the same amount of money (about 20% less than what ECNL costs).

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726219 08/29/19 10:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUSA only did that poorly in 1 age group in NPL. They did ok to very well in the other age groups.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726220 08/29/19 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. At least the Smithtown NPL team was good! I think they finished first in their division. This EMSC ECRL? Not so much. But those credit card charges will be spot on!

SUSA finished ahead of Smithtown/EMSC in 3 of 5 age groups in NE NPL.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726221 08/29/19 11:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. If D was looking for a top-25 D1 soccer experience, I would say that NE NPL/ECNL-Regional is not the place to be. But for D3 soccer or even lower-level D1 soccer, ECNL-Regional seems like a perfect fit. Good training environment, good exposure opportunities, clubs that are known to varying degrees to many of these college coaches.

Happy to say my daughter is also at her #1 choice school after playing with World Class NPL teams. Her coach was very supportive and to this day she goes back to play summer U23 for him

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726613 09/09/19 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the ECRL schedule posted?

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726618 09/10/19 06:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the ECRL schedule posted?

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/ecnl-regional-league/

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726792 09/14/19 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don’t see EC”R”L schedules anywhere. I see ECNL. Where are ECRL schedules/results?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726794 09/14/19 10:03 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I ant find them either.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726796 09/15/19 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Click on the club you are interested in and the schedules will display.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726804 09/15/19 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don’t see EC”R”L schedules anywhere. I see ECNL. Where are ECRL schedules/results?

On the page linked above, you'll see a list of clubs with ECNL-R teams. Click on the club you are interested in, and it will take you to a list of the teams from that club for each age group. Click on the age group you want, and you'll see the schedule for that team.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726805 09/15/19 05:52 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

On the page linked above, you'll see a list of clubs with ECNL-R teams. Click on the club you are interested in, and it will take you to a list of the teams from that club for each age group. Click on the age group you want, and you'll see the schedule for that team.

I'm glad they made it simple....or maybe they don't want the results easily seen and discussed?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726807 09/15/19 07:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I'm glad they made it simple....or maybe they don't want the results easily seen and discussed?

It's actually not that hard.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726808 09/15/19 07:21 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Not hard, cumbersome.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #726817 09/16/19 06:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hard, cumbersome.

It's fairly intuitive if you (your kid) is on the team.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #726820 09/16/19 07:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hard, cumbersome.

It's fairly intuitive if you (your kid) is on the team.

Should be no argument. Site is Terrible at best. Not optimized for mobile phone properly.

Reply Quote
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15