Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | CCL Boys | CCL Girls | EDP | EDP Futures |
| ENY Challenge Cup | ENY State Cup | GDA | LIJSL | NEGDL |
National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) |

Latest Posts
G2008:U12 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 08:31 PM
Hanky Panky at FC Fury GDA
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 07:43 PM
SUSA Central Islip Master Plan
by Larry Miller - 11/18/19 07:03 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 06:56 PM
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 11/18/19 03:27 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726149 08/28/19 08:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
your right chaminade is $17k a year so they pay $68k total

More than that if you consider the nepotism and donations to help convince the coaches to reserve your son a spot on the team. Match their roster surnames to their big donors...and this year there were boys that were injured for the entire tryouts and still got rostered over better players. Another proof why the colleges are looking more at the DAs than the High Schoolers...

First of all, you obviously don’t have a child at Chaminade as it’s not $17K. It’s about $13K. Secondly, sports are not the reason to attend Chaminade. Academics is the reason. Soccer scholarship for Chaminade kids? No! Academic scholarships...yes!

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726151 08/28/19 08:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is $12,450 this year, not $17,000. You pay for the academics, not soccer or any other sport.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726161 08/29/19 07:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your right chaminade is $17k a year so they pay $68k total

More than that if you consider the nepotism and donations to help convince the coaches to reserve your son a spot on the team. Match their roster surnames to their big donors...and this year there were boys that were injured for the entire tryouts and still got rostered over better players. Another proof why the colleges are looking more at the DAs than the High Schoolers...

Big donors and former alumni get their kids on the roster and admission to the school. It's who you know!!

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726170 08/29/19 09:03 AM
S
Sundevil94 Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
S
When you choose a Catholic or private school it has to do with academics and who you want your kids to go to school with. I live in Queens when my kid could not get into a specialized high school we knew he would go to a Catholic school. With academic scholarship it's $7,500 and he just made the JV team for his Freshmen year. He will still play club soccer. There is far more money in the books than there is in the ball. We use soccer to keep him from hanging out in a park everyday and hopefully from doing what a number of kids will be doing with idle time.

Kids should play HS ball the academy's have that thinking wrong.

I went to Don Bosco in NJ happy to hear they still throttle the Long Island teams.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Sundevil94] #726240 08/30/19 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sundevil94
When you choose a Catholic or private school it has to do with academics and who you want your kids to go to school with. I live in Queens when my kid could not get into a specialized high school we knew he would go to a Catholic school. With academic scholarship it's $7,500 and he just made the JV team for his Freshmen year. He will still play club soccer. There is far more money in the books than there is in the ball. We use soccer to keep him from hanging out in a park everyday and hopefully from doing what a number of kids will be doing with idle time.

Kids should play HS ball the academy's have that thinking wrong.

I went to Don Bosco in NJ happy to hear they still throttle the Long Island teams.

That's how to do it! The education. We know that none of these HS teams (private or public) could beat the club teams, nor due the HS coaches have much of a clue.
BUT its still fun to have bragging rights...!

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726258 08/30/19 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amityville has some big expectations coming into this season as reigning champs, but no doubt that they will have a great season

Who cares? Yes, they do a great job in the little schools which is equivalent to the big schools JV teams.

Amityville has some big expectations coming into this season as reigning champs, but no doubt that they will have a great season

Who cares? Yes, they do a great job in the little schools which is equivalent to the big schools JV teams.

LOL, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

2017...Amityville 7 Chaminade 2
2018...Amityville 1 St Anthony's 0 (Without their All American and NY State POY Henry Martinez)
Nobody in AA has ever done that... Can compete with AA JV teams?? Amityville in 2018 would have beat anyone in AA in NYS.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726270 08/31/19 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brentwood vs Massapequa final

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726286 08/31/19 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to bash HS coaches for not having a clue....you might want to check your grammar. Makes you look just as clueless....LOL

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726290 08/31/19 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to bash HS coaches for not having a clue....you might want to check your grammar. Makes you look just as clueless....LOL

Why ??? You don’t need to be smart to realize high school coaches are clueless.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726292 08/31/19 09:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018...Amityville 1 St Anthony's 0 (Without their All American and NY State POY Henry Martinez)
Nobody in AA has ever done that... Can compete with AA JV teams?? Amityville in 2018 would have beat anyone in AA in NYS.

Catholic school league is terrible. I agree you probably would have beat any AA JV team this n 2018.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726323 09/02/19 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A sleeper team I saw play in Nassau today is William Floyd , I know I’ll get crap,for it but was impressed , there is talent on the team ,It’s a young team but they play as a team , 2 players stand out .The Center Midfielder whom played for NYCFC and their forward never noticed him before just found out he plays for SUSA .Those 2 work good together .I was very impressed with how they played the Center Mid is a great player, excellent ball handling can tell he was trained well. , the forward impressed me with how he plays plus I think he may be one of the fastest players in the league .No one has thought twice about Floyd but Should .They surprised us in Nassau

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726328 09/02/19 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Catholic school league is terrible. I agree you probably would have beat any AA JV team this n 2018.

The greatest thing about sports is that their state championship banner will be hanging in their gym for the next 75 years, where your moronic attempt to disparage a group of teenagers that won a state championship will be forgotten in a day. Good luck to all teams this fall.

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #726355 09/03/19 08:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A sleeper team I saw play in Nassau today is William Floyd , I know I’ll get crap,for it but was impressed , there is talent on the team ,It’s a young team but they play as a team , 2 players stand out .The Center Midfielder whom played for NYCFC and their forward never noticed him before just found out he plays for SUSA .Those 2 work good together .I was very impressed with how they played the Center Mid is a great player, excellent ball handling can tell he was trained well. , the forward impressed me with how he plays plus I think he may be one of the fastest players in the league .No one has thought twice about Floyd but Should .They surprised us in Nassau

Not surprised at all

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726408 09/04/19 01:01 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
By Michael Logan
michael.logan@newsday.com

Expectations are always high for the Brentwood boys soccer team, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

“We are used to it,” Brentwood head coach Ron Eden said of the lofty expectations of his team. “Every year we are the number one or two (seed) and it doesn't matter what we have or what we lose, everybody puts the line on us. And we don't mind that.”

This year’s Brentwood squad was selected to finish as the top Class AA team in Suffolk county by the Suffolk coaches preseason poll. After all, Eden has led Brentwood to impressive feats over his 23 years of coaching. The team has won nine county championships, seven Long Island championships and two state championships.

Eden said the players who come to Brentwood have the desire to be great and to carry on a tradition of winning.

“There is a continuity to the program where each year we try to keep the team as half underclassmen and half as seniors,” Eden said. “A lot of these kids, their brothers or family members, have played for Brentwood. So, there is a tradition here that they try to emulate.”

Even though the team is the preseason favorites, Eden said his team will not overlook anyone on their schedule.

“We never take other teams for granted and it doesn't matter who it is,” Eden said. “Our motto is that everything counts; every game counts, every bounce counts and every scrimmage counts. Really good teams make their own luck.”

Brentwood will have 19 players back from last year, including midfielder Brandon Yanez, center back Alex Garcia, defender Sergio Ventura, forward Nathaniel Austin and goalkeeper Anthony Molina.

Yanez, who will be relied upon to score a majority of Brentwood’s goals, said the team has what it takes to win a Suffolk Class AA championship.

“I think we can do really well this season,” Yanez said. “We have a strong team and I feel like everybody has the same mindset. Even on the bench, we have people who can do the business as well.”

Brentwood’s defense, which will be anchored by Molina again this season, allowed only eight goals in 17 games. Eden said he expects the same production from the defense, but he anticipates the offense will score more than the 40 goals it scored in 2018, which ended with a loss to Whitman in the quarterfinals of the Suffolk AA playoffs.

"The kids play really well together. They like each other and they hang out together,” Eden said. “They all play on a couple of different club teams. It’s just a good blend of guys … I’m unsold on where we are going to end up, but I like what I see. They just have something and I can’t quite put my finger on it. Most of the good teams and championship teams have that bond.”

The main threats to Brentwood in Class AA are Ward Melville, Commack and Whitman. Richard Morel was Whitman’s leading scorer last season with 14 goals and is entering his junior year. Whitman head coach John DiGiacomo said he expects Morel and Roberto Alfaro to get even better this season.

"As a sophomore, to be one of the top goal scorers as Richard (Morel) was, that was a plus,” DiGiacomo said. “They look a little bit more seasoned heading into the season.”

Morel said his team, which won the Suffolk Class AA championship in 2018, is not worried about being selected to finish second in the coaches preseason poll.

“We just focus on ourselves and try to progress as a team,” Morel said. “But right now, Commack is in our league, so that is who we are focusing on.”

DiGiacomo said matchups against Brentwood and Commack are always difficult and he doesn’t expect this season to be any different.

“When you play quality teams like Commack and Brentwood, you know you are in for a challenge,” DiGiacomo said. “We are just looking forward to the season.”

By Michael Logan
michael.logan@newsday.com

Reply Quote
Re: BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #726418 09/04/19 05:01 PM
Larry Miller Offline OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification