Re: East Meadow SC & Farmingdale SC Announce 2019/2020 Strategic Partnership
Larry Miller #725951 08/25/19 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take this as a compliment to these East Meadow teams. My kid is in this tournament but I wish we were somewhere else!!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725956 08/25/19 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And what team is your kid on?

Fair question. Will an answer be forthcoming?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725958 08/25/19 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. Guess no answer. Just trying to compare teams. Seems like this parents team is one of the best on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725962 08/25/19 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. Guess no answer. Just trying to compare teams. Seems like this parents team is one of the best on Long Island.

There is little to no competition at the EM tournament anymore so its not really a good barometer as to how good your kids team is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725964 08/25/19 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is your kid on?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725965 08/25/19 12:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is nobody saying what team their kids are on?? Their kids must all be on better teams. We would like to know what these teams are.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725966 08/25/19 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously their kid is on a Long Island team. Meaning that they can't say because there team is not better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725968 08/25/19 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

To reiterate, placing so much time and money (not to mention importance) into this is misguided. I don’t see it as clubs preying on people. They’re businessmen looking to increase revenue and max out profit. Just like any other business. Other than keeping you’re kid safe and their insurance policy current, they don’t owe you anything. Stop expecting different. And start acting like an adult. Speaking of a bad experience is one thing, but I don’t believe that’s what is being referenced. Regardless if you work 70 hours a week or pick your ass for 80.

Insurance and and keeping my kid safe? Then why spend all that money in a bussiness that claims to be an academy and develop players to the highest level. If I want a babysitter with a insurance policy might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere for kids and they’re able to stay with their peers. I’m looking for an honest academy which can develop le my child into a great soccer player and point my child into the right direction without the personal interest of the club.

God you people are delusional. You don’t need an Academy to point your kid in the right direction. That’s your job. Talent, self discipline and motivation will open doors, and there are very few trainers who could move the needle to the point where you see enough improvement to stand out among the thousands of others. Plus the money you invest in Academy training will completely out pace any relief you may be fortunate enough to get from a school. You should have stopped your post after writing “I might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere........”. 90+ % of the people can wind up in the same place as anyone else paying 7k - 10k a year minimum for 6 - 8 years. That doesn’t include all the time wasted traveling and bad feelings most people experience. Again, just read this message board or check your local sidelines for examples. Clubs cannot keep “every promise” to every player. It’s impossible

Wpsl

So a NYclub team currently has girls playing at the following schools, not DA or ECNL. Shows that the the league is not the deciding factor. Trainer, abilty and player desire are the critical determining factors. Accept it. All played recently played together.
Stop believing that the league is the determing factor. All good schools at different levels, find your level of play and make a plan. It’s not that hard.

Quickstrike FC
Notre Dame
U Conn (Multiple)
Sacred Heart (Mulitple)
George Mason
Stony Brook
Albany
Miserecordia
Scranton
Union
College of St. Rose
Susquenanna
Binghamton

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #725970 08/25/19 03:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone read these posts before assuming parents are saying their kids team is wonderful? I said my kids team is not so good and up against teams today and yesterday that were far superior! Not sure why they made us play these teams other than to build their confidence. Hence the reason why I didn’t want to say the teams name! Ready to get on with the remainder of my weekend!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #725971 08/25/19 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back and read. You never said your kids team was not good.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727445 09/30/19 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks, take all the money you're spending on soccer training, travel, fees etc and throw it all in a mutual fund. Stick your kid in with the local travel team. Your kid is going to wind up in the same place and you'll be able to foot the bill for college and have money left over.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727462 09/30/19 08:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are absolutely correct for 85pct of the girls. For the other 15pct they need the competition the ecnl provides you don’t find that on the town teams. And if you say u do u don’t know sh@#$t

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727464 09/30/19 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are absolutely correct for 85pct of the girls. For the other 15pct they need the competition the ecnl provides you don’t find that on the town teams. And if you say u do u don’t know sh@#$t

Keep the dream alive dad and keep smoking!! Stop living thru ur kid!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727470 10/01/19 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just being honest playing on a town team is about as painful as playing on a HS team..i know truth hurts but it is what it is

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727476 10/01/19 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just being honest playing on a town team is about as painful as playing on a HS team..i know truth hurts but it is what it is

speak for yourself and keeping handing out the cash. Where do most non town players end up?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727571 10/03/19 05:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of well coached town teams out there. And there are plenty of poorly coached trainer run teams out there. You really need to look at these things on a team by team basis.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727572 10/03/19 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your absolutely right but I would say the well coached town team pool is much smaller in addition the town team will not give you the opportunity to play top talent from across the country and showcase your abilities to highly ranked college programs

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #727683 10/06/19 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was considering having my daughter tryout for 06 ECRL next year but just noticed while her team is playing in the top division at the upcoming Discovery Cup East Meadow Farmingdale is in the lowest division. Is that a mistake?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727684 10/06/19 11:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was considering having my daughter tryout for 06 ECRL next year but just noticed while her team is playing in the top division at the upcoming Discovery Cup East Meadow Farmingdale is in the lowest division. Is that a mistake?

Yes, it would be a mistake for your daughter to tryout for 06 ECRL.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727712 10/07/19 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it depends. Is your daughter happy with her current team? Is she getting the playing time she wants? Or is she not happy? If the latter, maybe worth it to try out for 06 ECRL.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727715 10/07/19 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it depends. Is your daughter happy with her current team? Is she getting the playing time she wants? Or is she not happy? If the latter, maybe worth it to try out for 06 ECRL.

ECRL is a joke, way for ECNL to make money. You can find a team playing edp that is better than joining this my kid isn’t good enough for ECNL league. Pure money grab and desperate parents that want to say there kids play in this “special” league.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727722 10/08/19 08:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECRL is a joke, way for ECNL to make money. You can find a team playing edp that is better than joining this my kid isn’t good enough for ECNL league. Pure money grab and desperate parents that want to say there kids play in this “special” league.

100% correct, NPL was dying, this was only way they could compete with EDP. Sooner parents wake up and realize they are being played for fools the better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727725 10/08/19 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECRL guarantees that my daughter's team will be at Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where every college she is interested in attends. Also, league games in MA, CT, PA and MD are opportunities to invite nearby college coaches to league games. Also, less expensive than most of the NPL teams in our area. Worth it for her.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #727733 10/08/19 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECRL guarantees that my daughter's team will be at Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where every college she is interested in attends. Also, league games in MA, CT, PA and MD are opportunities to invite nearby college coaches to league games. Also, less expensive than most of the NPL teams in our area. Worth it for her.

Does ECNL play at that as well? Do u think colleges would look at them that have both teams there? Nonsense! Keep paying!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!