Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 246 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 3 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 39 40
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725430 08/13/19 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Well my kid is very happy and still plays soccer for fun as he did before. He just didn't see soccer as a viable career choice and felt he would be happier getting a good education. To think that my son is missing out on some life lesson just because he chose an education over soccer shows how out of touch you are. As I said before the choice was his. To feed your curiosity, he graduated with an MBA in Finance and works in Hedge Funds."

Good for him. He made a choice that he felt was best for him - as did the original subject of this post (Danny Bedoya), and as do a multitude of other kids, who either want to pursue their dream of being a pro player, or, for whatever other reason, don't feel the urgency to go to college immediately after high school. Now, while I admit I am making assumptions, I think it's more than likely that 1) your kid didn't earn his MBA and start his hedge fund job until he was at least somewhere in his mid-twenties - after 4 years of undergrad and 2 more years of graduate school, and 2) your kid wasn't good enough to be a pro anyway, so it wasn't really much of a "choice" to begin with. Bedoya is still just 25 years old. Let's say he decides he's had enough of pro soccer and matriculates as an undergrad this fall. Theoretically, in 6 years, by the time he's 31, he can have an MBA too. How has he lost out in this scenario? My point is that there is usually more than one path to get to a destination, and, just because someone doesn't follow the same path as your kid doesn't mean it's any less viable. I think it's pretty "out of touch" to not be able to accept that other people might have a different set of values than you do. Also, to go onto an anonymous soccer message board and brag about how much money your kid makes is mind-numbingly idiotic.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725435 08/13/19 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Swedish Universities are free... what's interesting is that Swedish kids move out and fend for themselves while they study, taking loans and grants to do so. https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...free-college-education-in-sweden/276428/

"This is the key. While Swedish students end up with relatively high levels of debt, the monthly costs of carrying that debt are pretty cheap. (It's about 3.8% of estimated average monthly income of new graduates, according to one study.) Interest rates are low. They're set by the government and maintained through subsidies. And the length of repayment is long: 25 years or until the student turns 60. In other words, the Swedish system of student debt is financially manageable and sets students up to begin their lives as viable adults separate from their parents.

Compare that to the US system, where high levels of debt are increasingly impeding young people from taking on the trappings of adulthood. A recent study by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York found those with student debt retreating from purchases of cars and homes, for example."

Nuance is a hell of a thing. wink

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725439 08/13/19 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was thinking of Denmark. Where it is.

When did kneeling become so offensive to so many? Is systematic racism cool with you... never mind, I can tell it is.

Many countries have free college or very low costs - like $5000 a year kinds of costs. Imagine if attending a decent school here only cost even $10K what an impact that would have on hundreds of thousands of people's lives - better jobs, less debt, much faster ability to buy a car or a home - and the economic health of the country. We have the money, but over half of the US budget goes to a bloated military rife with corrupt and wasteful military contracts. Re-setting our priorities can make it happen.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725443 08/13/19 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did kneeling become so offensive to so many? Is systematic racism cool with you... never mind, I can tell it is.

Many countries have free college or very low costs - like $5000 a year kinds of costs. Imagine if attending a decent school here only cost even $10K what an impact that would have on hundreds of thousands of people's lives - better jobs, less debt, much faster ability to buy a car or a home - and the economic health of the country. We have the money, but over half of the US budget goes to a bloated military rife with corrupt and wasteful military contracts. Re-setting our priorities can make it happen.

Attack the military, interesting. There are stupid Democrats and stupid Republicans, I can guess which one you are. The real problem in this country is the elite who make money off of whatever industry fuels their campaign and their illegal gotten gains. These industries include The medical industry, the insurance industry, gas and oil, the failed private prison system, the scientific community, the list goes on and on. Both the Republicans and the Democrats suck off the middle class tax payer. Only the ignorant Republicans and the ignorant Democrats still do not realize this, and want to fight between two parties instead of holding the ultra elitist’s and government elitist’s responsible.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725447 08/13/19 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kneeling started because of bad treatment of blacks by cops, but what you idiots don't get is most cops are men and women of color, but keep fueling hate by throwing the race card around, according to you all white people are racists.

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725449 08/13/19 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Swedish Universities are free... what's interesting is that Swedish kids move out and fend for themselves while they study, taking loans and grants to do so. https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...free-college-education-in-sweden/276428/

"This is the key. While Swedish students end up with relatively high levels of debt, the monthly costs of carrying that debt are pretty cheap. (It's about 3.8% of estimated average monthly income of new graduates, according to one study.) Interest rates are low. They're set by the government and maintained through subsidies. And the length of repayment is long: 25 years or until the student turns 60. In other words, the Swedish system of student debt is financially manageable and sets students up to begin their lives as viable adults separate from their parents.

Compare that to the US system, where high levels of debt are increasingly impeding young people from taking on the trappings of adulthood. A recent study by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York found those with student debt retreating from purchases of cars and homes, for example."

yeah nuance is great but I'd rather owe a bit more than have to pay 8 dollars a gallon

. 8 dollars a gallon, very low wages and very high taxes, take your nuance and stick it in your petroll tank, teehee.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725455 08/13/19 01:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kneeling started because of unarmed black people being murdered by cops and there rarely being consequences for it. It's not a "race card" being thrown about... it's recognizing an injustice. And "most cops" are not people of color and women. And even it WERE true... cops killing unarmed people shouldn't be tolerated. Racism is a huge . problem in this country... it's silly to act like it's not. If you're not racist, why would you even be offended?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725459 08/13/19 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't drive a giant SUV. So I"m good.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725460 08/13/19 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't they kneel for the Chicago victims, I'll tell you why it's because it doesn't suit their anti conservative agenda🇺🇸

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725462 08/13/19 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this forum was for Youth Soccer and bashing 12 year olds just trying to live their best lives. Not Swedish Universities.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725491 08/14/19 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets talk about soccer please.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725504 08/14/19 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When will Cosmos lose their DA status?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725536 08/15/19 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m offended at the way you want to gloss over facts. Black on black crime is incredibly high. Therefore the cops patrol those areas. Until you have walked a beat by yourself in a crime ridden area I suggest you keep your armchair quarterbacking to yourself. Not everything that happens to a minority’s is a white persons fault.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725537 08/15/19 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://nycs.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725553 08/15/19 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://nycs.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Rocco Commisso just bought Fiorentina for $200 million. He doesn’t give a crap about the NY Cosmos and stopped funding the academy. I’m sure he will do the same with the Cosmos. He now owns one of the biggest clubs in Italy why would he bother with a 3rd division American soccer club that loses money.

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725557 08/16/19 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocco Commisso just bought Fiorentina for $200 million. He doesn’t give a crap about the NY Cosmos and stopped funding the academy. I’m sure he will do the same with the Cosmos. He now owns one of the biggest clubs in Italy why would he bother with a 3rd division American soccer club that loses money.

I can see it coming; a Fiorentina Academy coming to a town near you.......

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725570 08/16/19 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet Rocco keeps funding his Men's team while is suit against US Soccer continues. He'd probably fund a serious team in the NY area if we had an open pyramid.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725606 08/17/19 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet Rocco keeps funding his Men's team while is suit against US Soccer continues. He'd probably fund a serious team in the NY area if we had an open pyramid.

Don't worry all those DA kids will go to center of excellence MO. Look at BWG what a disaster some went to MO already

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725607 08/17/19 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instagram Redbulls preacademy kid should be U12 now. That should be an exciting experience for everybody. LOL.

The kid is 10 years old by the way . 145 k followers, way to go.

that insta craziness is addicted . they post every 5 minutes and sometimes very repetitive. let the kid be a kid and don't create this elitisms on him .

Well people already saying he will be a future Ballon d'Or . Blame his wealthy parent for posting this. All I see is the kid getting private practice .

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725610 08/17/19 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instagram Redbulls preacademy kid should be U12 now. That should be an exciting experience for everybody. LOL.

The kid is 10 years old by the way . 145 k followers, way to go.

that insta craziness is addicted . they post every 5 minutes and sometimes very repetitive. let the kid be a kid and don't create this elitisms on him .

Well people already saying he will be a future Ballon d'Or . Blame his wealthy parent for posting this. All I see is the kid getting private practice .

Sounds like that 13 year old girl who was in the Nike add - all she does is train, even is home schooled, while dad manages her social media following. Very good for her age but not star when you consider all the training that has been done.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725613 08/17/19 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you care and whats it to you ????

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725614 08/17/19 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean look at all the players NYCFC cut.. only 3 remain from last years 04's they all were told to go to MO the NYCFC Farm system.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725625 08/17/19 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You mean look at all the players NYCFC cut.. only 3 remain from last years 04's they all were told to go to MO the NYCFC Farm system.[/
But then MO got to kids from 2005 group to NYCFC

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725635 08/18/19 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean look at all the players NYCFC cut.. only 3 remain from last years 04's they all were told to go to MO the NYCFC Farm system.

That's how it works when they move into U16/U17. At best maybe 1/3rd of the younger players make the older team. Some who get cut this year will make the older team next year, but plenty won't. Pro teams want pro potential players. They're not doing this for sh**s and giggles. They also don't want to run "pre-DA" teams like a lot of pay to play clubs do (because they want to keep getting your check). If your kid didn't make the cut you should help him re-evaluate what he wans ad is getting out of the system. It may be worth sticking it out, or going elsewhere may be a better fit.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725640 08/18/19 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MO is a D2 team now with the new system. How did PDA manage to get into D1?

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 39 40
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15