Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 119 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725433 08/13/19 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe you can be on a DA roster as a DP (Developmental Player) and play High School Ball. When the season is over you can be changed from a DP player to a FT player. Do you really think the USSF is going to follow these players around? They already have a weak NE division, how would that benefit them?

Everyone can't be DP. It's a numbers game. The problem is Slick started the wheels in motion, so the cat's out of the bag. Too many people talk. Heck, it's on this board! You don't think the Federation will be all over this???

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725434 08/13/19 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECNL better program for the kids, give opportunity to play both which almost all want to do!!!!!!

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725436 08/13/19 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's going to have a heckuva time explaining how a kid played in a DA game on Saturday and a HS game on Tuesday,,,,,especially when that player only plays a handful of DA games. Anyway, grab your popcorn and pepsi and enjoy his house of cards falling down.

That is going to be fun!😂[/quote]

Read a college bio for a player who my daughter played with on GDA. Bullet points: 2 years on a GDA team, 4 years of varsity soccer. And it wasn't fury or Albertson. And it wasn't a private high school. It's a joke. [/quote]

Still stalking my kid? I guess your still an ahole

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725438 08/13/19 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I don't think the Federation will be all over this. I don't think they will enforce it until they are on better footing, especially in the NE where many clubs have pulled out to go back to ECNL.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725440 08/13/19 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe you can be on a DA roster as a DP (Developmental Player) and play High School Ball. When the season is over you can be changed from a DP player to a FT player. Do you really think the USSF is going to follow these players around? They already have a weak NE division, how would that benefit them?

USSF is trying to keep GDA alive. That's how they benefit.

Also, you can only be a DP if you're on a club's B team. Nearly all HS aged teams are shut down in the fall during the HS season. Even players who can get private school waivers aren't allowed to do both HS and DA at the same time. More importantly players doing both are setting themselves up for burnout and injury. Parents who push their kids to do both are idiots.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725441 08/13/19 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ECNL better program for the kids, give opportunity to play both which almost all want to do!!!!!!

Das rite bitchez. Hollah atcha boy!!!!

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725442 08/13/19 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I don't think the Federation will be all over this. I don't think they will enforce it until they are on better footing, especially in the NE where many clubs have pulled out to go back to ECNL.

Honestly, i don’t think anyone really cares except you knuckleheads. DA doesn’t care, HS doesn’t care. Parents are the foolish ones, ACL tear is just around the corner for your kid. 6-7 days a week, 3-4-5 games at older ages is a recipe for body failure.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725465 08/13/19 01:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USSF is trying to keep GDA alive. That's how they benefit.

Also, you can only be a DP if you're on a club's B team. Nearly all HS aged teams are shut down in the fall during the HS season. Even players who can get private school waivers aren't allowed to do both HS and DA at the same time. More importantly players doing both are setting themselves up for burnout and injury. Parents who push their kids to do both are idiots.

Isn't your wife involved in DP?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725473 08/13/19 09:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the % of kids that stayed with WC after NYCFC decided they no longer support women’s soccer?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725484 08/14/19 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how you talk about LISC U-13 GDA getting slammed locally-why not reach out to LISC and arrange a scrimmage/game and let the results be what they are-but don't be surprised at the results.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Larry Miller] #725485 08/14/19 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LISC U13 an all new team? I had some correspondence with MF in Spring to arrange a tryout but we ultimately decided to stay put for now. I thought she was very professional, quick to communicate and if thats how she treats people who have actually signed up and not just potential new players, then she's pretty good.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725486 08/14/19 08:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is a new team, and MF is as good as people say, and the Female First Initiative she is/has put together is providing exceptional training and mentoring, both on and off the field. She is providing an excellent environment for her girls to grow as players and young women.

It's a model all clubs should follow.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725488 08/14/19 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is a new team, and MF is as good as people say, and the Female First Initiative she is/has put together is providing exceptional training and mentoring, both on and off the field. She is providing an excellent environment for her girls to grow as players and young women.

It is good to hear confirmation. I think clubs could go a long way toward being successful and profitable if they taught their DOCs and coaches to communicate better with the players and parents. Short term money gained by being secretive and lying is not worth the damage to the club/employee's reputation.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725492 08/14/19 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is good to hear confirmation. I think clubs could go a long way toward being successful and profitable if they taught their DOCs and coaches to communicate better with the players and parents. Short term money gained by being secretive and lying is not worth the damage to the club/employee's reputation.

one club in particular in same geographic territory has gotten very testy.
They are the exact opposite and a strong reason families have left the other club to go to LISC Think of ancient civilization like rome .with a ny minute apex.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #725577 08/16/19 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let's shed some light on that one club...

PR sends email out announcing staff:

Staff 16-18
1. PR himself, which will be around twice a week from oct-jan and will come up with all these extra tourneys/camps for you to do that he gets kick backs from
2. Head coach is a below average college coach with a C coaching license. He will be out of the DA next season due to lack of license.
3. A guy who was coaching in Oceanside/lynnbrook rec programs. He has no license and will be out of the DA next season.
4. A teacher in queens who had never ran a training session and has no license. He will be out of the DA next year.
5. Final a guy with the license, but has been with PR for 15+ years and is known to take money from parents for their kids to play more. Also a terrible game day coach for what I hear (can look at spring/SD results - proof is in the pudding).
Staff 14-15
1. A guy who never coached above u12, who is still chasing his playing day dreams of turning pro. Also no license.
2. A guy who has only coached above u12 to cover a game. Has a C license, but is likeable because he can win at U12 and below.
3.A futsal guy who is good at futsal, but struggled with ECNL level last year Fury was in it and is going to be focused on futsal.
4. A guy who had no coaching experience, but was IC right hand assistant for three years and btw I hear the players hate his training. He has a D license and will be out of the DA next year.

All of this for $235 a month? please tell me people do not serious questions PR for having a staff that 1 out of 9 guys is "qualified" to coach at the level. In 2020 the GDA is mandating everyone have a B license. These coaches had 3 years to get up to a B license.

plus another $7k-$10k for all the extra fees PR puts on for "travel/futsal."

He then does not answer calls, texts, or emails until you dispute your chargers the credit card.

You pay for PR training, but you don't get anywhere near the level of PR. Complete dog and pony show or bait and switches it, like he did having AH listed as a coach when he know the whole time he wasn't coming back.

Bottom line, they struggled last year and PR brought in a weaker/even more watered-down staff.

Families at this club have to wake up. You can go to a club that trains at the same place and times for half the price and get the same results or better depending on age group.

Or you can keep the status quo and let PR laugh his way to the bank with your hard earned money while he vacations in NC.

Reply Quote
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
SUSA Xmas Week 12/26
Holiday Cup Tournament 12/28