Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |


Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 05/08/21 11:38 AM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Anonymous - 05/07/21 08:48 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:28 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 56 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,774
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,774
Likes: 37
It's the start of the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More fragmented than ever in this region. We have this age group split across LIJSL, NYCSL, NPL, EDP, ECRL, ECNL and Pre-DA. Good job soccer industry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when ECNL schedules are generally released for the coming Fall and Spring seasons? Are they released at the same time? New to ECNL. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site has everything conveniently at the top...I don’t know where they went. frown

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,774
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,774
Likes: 37
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This site has everything conveniently at the top...I don’t know where they went. frown


I will be posting those links in a day or 3....there are many leagues that have not posted their info yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What league is silver lake playing in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What league is silver lake playing in?

EDP National League.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What league is silver lake playing in?

EDP National League.


Too many leagues for me to understand. Is that a different EDP league than Barca and Susa? Or the same? Socer does need to consolidate and get all the better local teams playing together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Too fragmented. In almost every other country there is just one league with various divisions and levels and promotion and relegation, all controlled by the national soccer federation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What league is silver lake playing in?

EDP National League.


Too many leagues for me to understand. Is that a different EDP league than Barca and Susa? Or the same? Socer does need to consolidate and get all the better local teams playing together.


Yes it’s the same league but different “NO” division. The northeast (Region 1) has 4 EDP national league D1. It’s a complete joke, I don’t see EDP lasting to last no being it’s so watered down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roosevelt Falcons coach got mad over a goal disallowed due to an offside call so he took his team off the field and went home with 4 minutes left in the first half of a 0-0 LIJSL game. Never seen anything like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the latest with the EDP league? Anyone stand out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this board is usually for discussing teams from long island in other age groups but I had an observation about NYC teams I wanted to share.

From my observation as well as the rankings the top non-DA teams within city limits proper are the following.

1) Silver Lake
2) MSC ECNL
3) Stars Gravity
4) DUSC Blue
5) Asphalt Green

The problem is that all of these teams are in different leagues and hardly play one another. 4/5 of these teams are based in Manhattan and could really play much more often than they do. Is there really development value in seeking out random competitive teams from Westchester, Long Island and all other parts of the Atlantic seaboard instead of consistently measuring yourself against the best in your city of 8M+ (not even including DA)? Or are teams scared to play other teams that their kids might actually be able to leave and play for because that might be too risky for their business model?

Were things better in the old CJSL days? Im sure they couldnt have been worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I know this board is usually for discussing teams from long island in other age groups but I had an observation about NYC teams I wanted to share.

From my observation as well as the rankings the top non-DA teams within city limits proper are the following.

1) Silver Lake
2) MSC ECNL
3) Stars Gravity
4) DUSC Blue
5) Asphalt Green

The problem is that all of these teams are in different leagues and hardly play one another. 4/5 of these teams are based in Manhattan and could really play much more often than they do. Is there really development value in seeking out random competitive teams from Westchester, Long Island and all other parts of the Atlantic seaboard instead of consistently measuring yourself against the best in your city of 8M+ (not even including DA)? Or are teams scared to play other teams that their kids might actually be able to leave and play for because that might be too risky for their business model?

Were things better in the old CJSL days? Im sure they couldnt have been worse.


There arent enough players in the city to really field competitive teams at every age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's the latest with the EDP league? Anyone stand out?


Barca Academy Pro

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a city with 8M+ population? And all these clubs seem to do so regularly (some with multiple teams all the way through)? Not a good answer Im sorry. At least you were polite and I appreciate that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's the latest with the EDP league? Anyone stand out?


Barca Academy Pro


You're just a little jingoistic aren't you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s this age group going to look after the SUSA/Alby merge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How’s this age group going to look after the SUSA/Alby merge?

Susa had a strong 2007 team to start and now they added the alby team who was in first place in ECNL. This combined team is definitely the team to beat in this age group and would probably give nycfc a run for its money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mix the Alby ECNL team in with the SUSA EDP team and then throw in one or two more talented boys from outside clubs and this will be a very solid team for sure. But saying that they would give NYCFC or any of the other MLS league clubs a run for its money??? I wouldn't bet on that. But they should be a solid team. That I will give them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mix the Alby ECNL team in with the SUSA EDP team and then throw in one or two more talented boys from outside clubs and this will be a very solid team for sure. But saying that they would give NYCFC or any of the other MLS league clubs a run for its money??? I wouldn't bet on that. But they should be a solid team. That I will give them.

Barca Pro clearly better than all of them including nycfc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t Barca closing ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn’t Barca closing ??

No, Barca is here to stay according to our team meeting last week, but something doesn't feel right. We'll just have to wait and see, and hopefully they'll fulfill their promises.


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!