Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LIRef77, Larry Miller), 183 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Español
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
LISC Female First Initiative - First Six #723538 06/14/19 01:32 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723557 06/14/19 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I supposed to bring my daughter to that club just because they have an entire female staff??

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723558 06/14/19 06:59 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Am I supposed to bring my daughter to that club just because they have an entire female staff??

That would be a smart move. It works very well as it did when Kim Wyant was heading up the Long Island Lady Riders youth component years ago. It was a tremendous success.

Let me take this up a notch by noting the high quality of these women. I'll put these gainst any of the FC Fury coaches, and also EM. Jaime Gonzalez and Rauri McGuinness dont come close to these women in numerous areas besides their soccer acumen.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723560 06/14/19 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

That would be a smart move. It works very well as it did when Kim Wyant was heading up the Long Island Lady Riders youth component years ago. It was a tremendous success.

Kim was at surf too

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723561 06/14/19 08:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on LISC getting an 03 gda team?

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723565 06/14/19 09:16 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

As I wrote above LISC is waiting on the DA for their decision.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723566 06/14/19 09:17 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Kim was at surf too

Yes, I know. I brought her there. Surf just wasn't ready for a quality girls coach like Kim.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723567 06/14/19 09:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DA, if you're reading this, as a father of an 03 girl, what LISC has put together with the female first initiative is the only program around. What are you waiting for? Unless you rather stand with the absentee Riley and his lack of diversity - zero female coaches.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723578 06/15/19 08:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course now the lack of diversity is the fault of one person and one club. Who are the great female role models at SUSA & EMSC? How many female Club Director’s, DOC’S, trainers, coaches do you know at any of these clubs. Frey sees the lack of female leadership and have put together a well thought out business model that they are carefully rolling out that will compete with every club for players. The soccer model has failed on LI with a significant drop in talented players across the board. The talent level has dropped and LI is losing there credibility with colleges across the board. College coaches are looking for players who continue to grow ad are ready to play in college and it is obvious to them that the competitive levels are getting worse each year. I have seen older teams across the board this season and there level of play especially with players I have seen since they were younger significantly drop. This LIFC initiative is a good start to make this other clubs look at females in larger roles for these clubs because these male dominated clubs have run these programs down.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723579 06/15/19 09:03 AM
CJ Orlando Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
This is awesome! Great job putting this top-notch group together, Meghan!

Good luck and great success to you and your staff!

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723581 06/15/19 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DA, if you're reading this, as a father of an 03 girl, what LISC has put together with the female first initiative is the only program around. What are you waiting for? Unless you rather stand with the absentee Riley and his lack of diversity - zero female coaches.

And his spin doctoring way that IS the NDA.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723651 06/17/19 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me take this up a notch by noting the high quality of these women. I'll put these gainst any of the FC Fury coaches, and also EM. Jaime Gonzalez and Rauri McGuinness dont come close to these women in numerous areas besides their soccer acumen.

This is great on paper. But, comparing to other clubs as Larry does how many of these women have their USSF "B" license or above? That is the requisite to be a coach in the DA League as put forth by USSF. TO be a DIRECTOR you must have your "A" license or above. But as we all know the DA does not enforce this. So, if these women do not have this then they are doing the same disservice that FC Fury and other local clubs are doing.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723655 06/17/19 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great on paper. But, comparing to other clubs as Larry does how many of these women have their USSF "B" license or above? That is the requisite to be a coach in the DA League as put forth by USSF. TO be a DIRECTOR you must have your "A" license or above. But as we all know the DA does not enforce this. So, if these women do not have this then they are doing the same disservice that FC Fury and other local clubs are doing.

Yeah, because if you don't have that license you can't be a good coach and having the license makes you a better coach. SARCASM!!!!!

LISC has put together a great coaching staff and a very good U15 team. They can compete with anyone. U14 certainly is not a great team but I bet they improve a lot by next year.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Anonymous] #723663 06/17/19 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because if you don't have that license you can't be a good coach and having the license makes you a better coach. SARCASM!!!!!

LISC has put together a great coaching staff and a very good U15 team. They can compete with anyone. U14 certainly is not a great team but I bet they improve a lot by next year.

Yes, you need that license to be a coach at supposedly the highest level (DA) in the USA. NO SARCASM !!!
I am sure if your child came home from school in September and you found out all her/his teachers only had a Bachelor's degree you would be at the next school Board Meeting screaming why don't these teachers have a Master's Degree and/or above.

The point of the USSF "B" license is to show you have been continuing to educate yourself with the game as it evolves. Same way a teacher gets a Bachelor's Degree, than a Master's Degree. If they want to be a school Administrator they get an Administrative license or a PhD, or Ed. D. Show me a school Superintendent or even School Principal with just a Bachelor's degree? Exactly !! Yet, many of these clubs hire some shmuck who played soccer in college and now with no high level of Education is running their entire Academy or Club. I am NOT saying this is specifically happening at LISC but I am saying show me their licenses and the "experiences" they have as head coaches for these positions they now hold, instead of just the fact that they are FEMALE.

Reply Quote
Re: LISC Female First Initiative - First Six [Re: Larry Miller] #723665 06/17/19 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now they just need to be granted a U17 age : )

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Globall Thanksgiving 12/1
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
Southampton Cup FL 12/7