Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | ENY Challenge Cup |
| NY State Cup | CDYSL | GDA | LIJSL | NCSA | NEGDL | National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Private) (Westchester) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk ) (Private) (Westchester) |

Latest Posts
B2010:U10 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 08/25/19 11:57 AM
USSF GDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 08/25/19 11:29 AM
Latest Tryout Posts
West Hempstead SC Dragons 2005/2006
by W.Hempst.Dragons - 08/21/19 09:57 PM
G2009 - FC SESA Legends
by FC SESA - 08/18/19 08:21 PM
FC SESA - B2012
by FC SESA - 08/18/19 08:15 PM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 135 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition #723424 06/12/19 05:52 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition
Divisions Will Establish a Player Development Pathway for All Players in Eastern New York

Rockville Centre, NY/East Brunswick, NJ (June 12, 2019) – EDP, in conjunction with the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) and its member leagues, have established a new structure that will offer multiple levels of regional, premier level, competition for teams in Eastern New York, starting in the Fall of 2019. These regional divisions will be for boys and girls aged 11U to 19U.

These regional divisions (per age/gender) – which will sit underneath EDP's currently structured EDP Premier 1 and EDP Premier 2 divisions – will help establish a player development pathway for all players in Eastern New York. These divisions will effectively replace what was the Eastern New York Premier League that had been run by ENYYSA in the past.

According to ENYYSA President Richie Christiano and EDP CEO Alan Shilling, the pathway being created will look like this:

These divisions will be offered in each of three districts around Eastern New York: Capital District; Hudson Valley/Westchester/Rockland County; and Long Island/5 Boroughs.

“These premier divisions are designed for higher level teams that aspire to progress in future seasons to US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conference play,” said Shilling, who added that teams that play in these divisions will be part of a league structure that allows all teams that participate to have a good game every week with sensible travel.

ENYYSA’s Christiano said “This new EDP/ENYYSA partnership will allow our member leagues to provide a structured pathway, through which they can connect themselves to the growing US Youth Soccer National Leagues program.” He added “This integration also provides an opportunity for us to attract clubs from outside of ENYYSA programming as we will now have a place, and a clearly defined development pathway, for all players under ENYYSA.”

11U-14U boys’ and girls’ teams would begin play in the fall of 2019, and the league will expand to include 15U-19U boys’ and girls’ teams in the spring of 2020.

"We have been steadily increasing our participation with EDP over the last few years and it is due, in large part, to the professional environment that they have created. Aside from providing our players with the highest level of competition, EDP is always there when I need them. Be it a schedule change, a roster question, or simply to talk soccer, the level of service EDP provides is second-to-none."
Elvin Vasquez, Long Island Premier FC President

“I am thrilled that EDP, a league which prioritizes true player development within a supportive, competitive environment will now be providing a localized league right here on Long Island. The consistent competition and service EDP is known for, along with the reduced travel is a developmentally ideal formula for players and families. The balance it will bring to young players and families is long overdue and it will help them sustain a love and passion for the game.”
Lauren Gallagher, Ph.D., Mental Fitness Coach, Long Island SC

Teams interested in participating can email John@edpsoccer.com with questions or can register here.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723426 06/12/19 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, so what does this mean for NYCSL and all their leagues? Larry, can you run a poll to see what everyone thinks if this program is better, not better or the same as the NYCSL leagues structure? I'll start by saying EDP gets my vote on a better structure and infrastructure than NYCSL. EDP's personnel I also think are better and smarter than what I have encountered with NYCSL.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Anonymous] #723467 06/13/19 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK, so what does this mean for NYCSL and all their leagues? Larry, can you run a poll to see what everyone thinks if this program is better, not better or the same as the NYCSL leagues structure? I'll start by saying EDP gets my vote on a better structure and infrastructure than NYCSL. EDP's personnel I also think are better and smarter than what I have encountered with NYCSL.

I officiate in EDP as well as my two sons play in this league.
I can tell you that besides paying the referees well, they also respond to questions quickly.
The new structure of the Championship league with limited substitutions (Like ECNL) and expanding the region of teams has made for some excellent soccer this season.

Not a big fan of NYCSL

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723577 06/15/19 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that some major clubs are leaving NYCSL and going to EDP. Does any one no who they are? Larryu?

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723582 06/15/19 10:13 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I heard the same and was told there is an announcement this week....the information will be posted as soon as it is released.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723601 06/15/19 11:08 PM
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Larry...i agree this will hurt NYCSL especially the better NPL trams and metro teams.

However, I believe the last 5-8 best teams in each premier/champion age group will be picked off here. A decent amount of these teams played eny premier previously. LIJSL will be primarily rec at this point. No respectable travel teams will remain. This could literaly be the end of LIJSL travel soccer. Your thoughts?

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #723602 06/15/19 11:15 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
Larry...i agree this will hurt NYCSL especially the better NPL trams and metro teams.

However, I believe the last 5-8 best teams in each premier/champion age group will be picked off here. A decent amount of these teams played eny premier previously. LIJSL will be primarily rec at this point. No respectable travel teams will remain. This could literaly be the end of LIJSL travel soccer. Your thoughts?

LIJSL will always survive because the base of soccer is broader than the top. WE also need to f actopr in the WYSL league. What I am hearing is that the once over customer service league (NYCSL) has stop existing for many. The heavy-handed sales approach and the promises made, but not kept are moving people back USYS.

I expect you will read here this week of some major area clubs going EDP. All will be determined by the parents, but do not under estimate EDP. I think they have already shown that they are our area's top dog.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723626 06/17/19 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

LIJSL will always survive because the base of soccer is broader than the top. WE also need to f actopr in the WYSL league. What I am hearing is that the once over customer service league (NYCSL) has stop existing for many. The heavy-handed sales approach and the promises made, but not kept are moving people back USYS.

I expect you will read here this week of some major area clubs going EDP. All will be determined by the parents, but do not under estimate EDP. I think they have already shown that they are our area's top dog.

Is this news on the boys or girls side? Or both?

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Anonymous] #723627 06/17/19 09:11 AM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I'm under the impression it is both but I do not know for sure....

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723636 06/17/19 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm under the impression it is both but I do not know for sure....

From what I'm hearing it's both boys and girls and once it's announced, it will be the beginning of the end of NYCSL

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723673 06/17/19 06:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry - Is there a place to see the applied teams for 2019/20 season?

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Anonymous] #723676 06/17/19 07:22 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry - Is there a place to see the applied teams for 2019/20 season?

Not yet...this season needs to end...registration is currently open for EDP as we have posted. I will be posting all the Fall EDP info as soon as registration is closed and EDP finalizes the registration process. We are looking at the end of July for LIJSL and around that same time for EDP.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723769 06/19/19 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYCSL sent out an e-mail today saying that they were going with full year registration, like EDP does. No fall-only option. Too bad, that was the one positive that they had over EDP.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723770 06/19/19 07:46 PM
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
The EDP has NYCSL on the defensive. EDP is rightfully seen as the better league option. NYCSL NPL has been a disaster in our area, and try as they might the only true national footprint is with USYSA and EDP.

This is yet another example of NYCSL following EDP highlighting their leadership league position.

Reply Quote
Re: EDP & ENYYSA to Offer Clubs Multiple Levels of Regional Premier Competition [Re: Larry Miller] #723771 06/19/19 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The EDP has NYCSL on the defensive. EDP is rightfully seen as the better league option. NYCSL NPL has been a disaster in our area, and try as they might the only true national footprint is with USYSA and EDP.

This is yet another example of NYCSL following EDP highlighting their leadership league position.

I'm skeptical of anything Christiano is involved with, the old dinosaurs set in their ways.

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/24
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
Southampton Cup CA 8/31