Spring '19 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | Challenge Cup | State Cup |
| CDYSL | GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSA | National League | NPL | NE NPL | NJ Cup | NY Cup | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup | WYSL Premier |

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Nobody Does It Better
Latest Posts
Red Bull Update
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:52 AM
MLS To Expand To 30 Teams
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:27 AM
And the leagues just keep on 'a-comin'
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 09:42 AM
USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 08:37 AM
Latest Tryout Posts
2008 East Islip FC United Boys EDP
by Mjd723. 04/18/19 09:11 PM
Freehold Storm u13G Looking for Players
by dmoore. 04/18/19 03:56 PM
PASCO Soccer Club Tryouts
by PASCOsoccerclub. 04/15/19 04:22 PM
Soccer Talk Radio
Tweets & Twits
EDP 2018-2019
Scores & Standings
Futures Scores & Standings
EDP Spr. '19 NL Brackets
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '18 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Spring '19 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '18
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Espaņol
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720729
04/15/19 10:54 AM
04/15/19 10:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep paying your fees to SUSA and losing, it's ok, it's money well spent

Losing ??????

Umm, yes. Between their npl and ECNL teams, half aren't even competitive, let alone decent. In fact, they're in last place in the standings. Just because SUSA bought their way into ECNL doesn't mean they are good.

I just checked the ECNL standings. 5 of the 6 SUSA ECNL teams sit within the top 5 out of 15 teams in the conference, all currently qualifying for the Champions League playoffs and all having faced the top clubs in the conference already-PDA and FC Stars. Not sure what you're basing your nonsense post on...

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720745
04/15/19 12:36 PM
04/15/19 12:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing ??????

Umm, yes. Between their npl and ECNL teams, half aren't even competitive, let alone decent. In fact, they're in last place in the standings. Just because SUSA bought their way into ECNL doesn't mean they are good.

I just checked the ECNL standings. 5 of the 6 SUSA ECNL teams sit within the top 5 out of 15 teams in the conference, all currently qualifying for the Champions League playoffs and all having faced the top clubs in the conference already-PDA and FC Stars. Not sure what you're basing your nonsense post on...

Looking at the same standings, when they play the top ECNL teams from both Stars and PDA they lose, except the u16 team, that team is strong. The u14 is dead last, the u15 is in 5th, etc. Considering how bad some of the clubs are in this league (FSA, Continental, FC Bucks to name a few), SUSA is average at best. And almost all of their NPL teams are dead last, many without a single victory. All i'm saying is please let's stop pretending that SUSA is this great juggernaut, it's not.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720748
04/15/19 12:55 PM
04/15/19 12:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to know what league your daughter plays for? What would you consider a top club, just curious..

Losing ??????

Looking at the same standings, when they play the top ECNL teams from both Stars and PDA they lose, except the u16 team, that team is strong. The u14 is dead last, the u15 is in 5th, etc. Considering how bad some of the clubs are in this league (FSA, Continental, FC Bucks to name a few), SUSA is average at best. And almost all of their NPL teams are dead last, many without a single victory. All i'm saying is please let's stop pretending that SUSA is this great juggernaut, it's not.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720752
04/15/19 01:20 PM
04/15/19 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the northeast, none of the leagues are great because everything is so watered down with what seems like a new league every week. Each league has some strong teams at the top and some really bad ones at the bottom. If you took the top teams from each league and put them in one league, then you would have a great league. But too many people are chasing the holy grail and all it's done is ruin soccer. A few years ago everyone was being told NY Club NPL was the best, then it was EDP, then GDA, then USYS National League. And of course, ECNL which probably all along was the best. But with players and teams jumping every other day, there is no great league in this region.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720755
04/15/19 01:24 PM
04/15/19 01:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing ??????

Nobody said it was a great juggernaut, I'm just clarifying your lies. Oh BTW, you're lying about their NPL teams too! One team is in last place, just one. Several are in 2nd and 3rd-but why pepper your lies with facts that can be easily looked up on the Google machine.

Not sure why you would point out that the U15s are in 5th, when my OP stated that 5 of the 6 SUSA ECNL teams were in the top 5 of 15 teams in their conference...but since you gave them a shout out, I will too! They seem to be able to handle top competition considering they beat the current #2 team in ECNL nationally, at a showcase. Cool!

And PS-you have the top ECNL teams mixed up. My kid's team beat the top teams from PDA and Stars. Granted, they lost to the B teams-but hey, just goes to show you it can be anyone's game.

I'd loooove to know what amaaaaazing team/club your kid plays for so we can all dissect every game they play!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720759
04/15/19 02:21 PM
04/15/19 02:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The u14 and u15 NPL are not competitive at all, but whatever. Back to the last poster's comment, all SUSA people do is talk about how great they are and they beat you over the head with it. And so people are tired of hearing it.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720769
04/15/19 03:44 PM
04/15/19 03:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The u14 and u15 NPL are not competitive at all, but whatever. Back to the last poster's comment, all SUSA people do is talk about how great they are and they beat you over the head with it. And so people are tired of hearing it.

I don't ever come on here talking about how great SUSA is, I think they have their flaws and warts just like many other clubs. But when there are fearful haters posting just flat out lies that disparage my kid and her teammates/clubmates, I will certainly correct those lies.

The club as a whole is playing well above average in both ECNL and NPL, those stats are easily verifiable by using the Google machine. If someone doesn't like SUSA for whatever reason, that's fine! I was in that club myself at one point. But don't lie about the results that the kids are working so hard to obtain, there are plenty of other things that are actually true that haters can b!t(h about if they want.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720771
04/15/19 04:22 PM
04/15/19 04:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is on the 04 NPL team. How can you say they're "not competitive at all"? They played 6 games so far with 1 draw and a 2 goal loss against the first place team, 2-1 goal losses to FC Stars the 2nd place team and 2-1 goal losses to EM Smithtown Cosmos the 3rd place team.
I wonder if those kids on the other teams who were sweating it out until the final whistle, felt they were competitive!

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720773
04/15/19 04:34 PM
04/15/19 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you getting "well above average", that's just not true. I used your google machine and do not see a club that's well above average. I see an average club, some teams above .500, some teams below, and no teams winning their division, so you can't say well above average. The one thing I would agree with is every club has its warts and issues, as well as the poster earlier who talked about this region being way too watered down.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720786
04/15/19 08:22 PM
04/15/19 08:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you getting "well above average", that's just not true. I used your google machine and do not see a club that's well above average. I see an average club, some teams above .500, some teams below, and no teams winning their division, so you can't say well above average. The one thing I would agree with is every club has its warts and issues, as well as the poster earlier who talked about this region being way too watered down.

Average would be sitting in 7th-8th in most ECNL age groups, clearly that is not the case with several in the top 3, others in the top 5 out of 15 and 1 struggling. That is well above average...especially since they've already faced the top competition in the conference and are holding their own. Revisit your HS statistics class notes, they'll support it.

On the NPL side, of the 6 age groups they have playing: 1 is in 1st place and are undefeated, 2 are in 2nd, 1 is in 3rd and 2 are struggling. Please, where is it that your daughter plays? I'd love to check it out seeing as it must be faaaaar superior to where my kid plays! LMFAO

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720793
04/16/19 08:18 AM
04/16/19 08:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's tryout time. Expect to see a lot more club bashing as clubs battle over a limited talent pool. Parents need to do their own homework and take anything posted here with a grain of salt. Check out the clubs yourself, talk to families at the clubs, ask to attend practices and watch the level of play. What's most important is if the club is a good fit for your own child. Don't get wrapped up in the battle over league patches on sleeves.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720795
04/16/19 09:28 AM
04/16/19 09:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great advice. Also ask how many are on the roster! A large roster means you will not be playing every week, Large rosters pick the best or favorite players everyweek and then the rest wait until Friday to see if they are playing the weekend. SUSA carries very large rosters and players move a lot from team to team to get playing time.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720802
04/16/19 11:33 AM
04/16/19 11:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Larry any updates or rumors on when ECNL will announce the girls decision? I know a bunch of MSC parents are waiting with baited breath given that the boys program got it.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720809
04/16/19 02:30 PM
04/16/19 02:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is on the 04 NPL team. How can you say they're "not competitive at all"? They played 6 games so far with 1 draw and a 2 goal loss against the first place team, 2-1 goal losses to FC Stars the 2nd place team and 2-1 goal losses to EM Smithtown Cosmos the 3rd place team.
I wonder if those kids on the other teams who were sweating it out until the final whistle, felt they were competitive!

they weren't trying very hard. SUSA marketing machine. If there were no marketing machine or robber baron no one would care.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720818
04/16/19 08:52 PM
04/16/19 08:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone keeps saying ECRL is ECNL Regional League, so I went on the ECNL website to get some info, but there is none, or at least I don't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Reply Quote
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Easter Showcase 4/19
Empire Cup Classic 5/11
Empire Cup Showcase 5/18
Columbia Invit. 5/24
Manalapan SC Memorial 5/24
Voorhees SC Memorial 5/24
EDP Memorial Classic 5/25
EDP Pocono Cup 5/25
Blue-Gray Cup 5/25
Commack Memorial 5/25

Lancaster Classic 6/8
Mason Dixon Cup 6/15
Independence Cup
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Camps & Clinics
MSC NYC College ID

LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps
NYSC July Camps
NYSC 06-01 Clinics
NYSC 07-08 Girls Clinics
NYSC 07-01 DA Boys ID

East Islip SC Pre-Academy
East Islip SC Spring Camp
Stony Brook Spring Camp
LIRR Spring Camp
LIRR Training Clinics
LIRR Summer Camps

EFC Champions Camp
EFC Pre-Season HS Camp
SUSA Spring Break
KK Athletics Spring Break
Sponsors

Newest Members
dmoore, coachbob23, Juan Rodriguez, NYPSL Clinics, Hosszu73
14783 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Larry Miller, Dave Birnbaum), 102 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019