04/15/19 10:53 PM
04/15/19 10:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The club itself is different than most. Go there on a Sunday afternoon one day and see how many kids who don’t have games, hanging out to cheer on their friends. Sometimes it’s more than soccer my friend. It’s environment. DA girls show up to cheer for ECNL girls and vice versa. Most of us with kids on the NPL teams know where our kids fall skill wise. Don’t make this something it’s not
[/quote]

Hi just saw this thread - this coach has had a history of taking on players throughout the past few seasons. It's extremely frustrating for the parents (i'm one of them) and the girls. Before the last move with the 5 NPL girls he took several other girls including another NPL player (maybe 2 i can't even keep track anymore) earlier this year onto the team. It's like he's wandering around in the dark trying figure why the team is not successful so he keeps inviting more and more girls looking for that stud player. Truth is he's has several DA players from Fury and NYCFC now and he still struggles tactically. With more DA girls coming next year I would expect a coaching change for the 03s next year so i'm sticking it out.
[/quote]

If you're a parent on the 03 team, you know that the players carded up for this weekend, are just that, carded for this past weekend to help the older team out. I don't believe you are a parent though, just a miserable troll from NYSC most likely. Maybe even someone who wants to come back, but will never be able to

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720814
04/16/19 05:57 PM
04/16/19 05:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
No way a teenager wrote that post.

It's called AP track!

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720822
04/16/19 10:44 PM
04/16/19 10:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Just wow. US Soccer counters the loss of NYCFC with allowing another poor club to add another branch of their brand in. Good luck attracting players Cedar Stars North. Can’t wait till they try to tell all those private school kids they can’t play HS

Thanks for the good luck. What are you worried about? Do you realize how many girls are available for this CSA team? The club made it clear that they will follow the rules but help the girls any way they can. Do you think everyone in club soccer is an asshole?

CSA kids can play high school and get welcomed back with open arms if they want to play DA. They have been introduced to trainers from other clubs when they wanted additional training. They have been recommended to PDP and ODP coaches if they fit. My daughter is in 7th grade and has already played in front of every private high school coach in Bergen county and at least 15 college coaches. Want to know what every coach has asked her first? Every single one introduced themselves and then said "How are your grades"

CSA makes money selling uniforms and soccer balls, he doesn't hire a coach because he'll bring 20 girls who will pay and he has no problem firing a coach who might take his team with him. CSA will be here when all of your teams fold. There is plenty of money behind the club and the girls are treated like the accomplished young ladies they are. Reading the comments by parents from long island makes me feel sorry for you.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720823
04/16/19 10:56 PM
04/16/19 10:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Just wow. US Soccer counters the loss of NYCFC with allowing another poor club to add another branch of their brand in. Good luck attracting players Cedar Stars North. Can’t wait till they try to tell all those private school kids they can’t play HS

South shore and STA are pretty good. South shore is probably the beast team in the north east.

Rush and crush are just at u14 and u15 - why?

NJ is a hot bed for Girls High School soccer. Northern Highlands, IHA, Ramsey HS, Montclair HS, all are really good soccer programs

Haha - signed by a MatchFit parent!!!

North NJ is a place for hot head parents of soccer kids.

No, he's pretty accurate. The other HS that will be stepping up soon is the Saddle River Day school who wants to be a contender. I'm not familiar with many of the high schools, but top players in NJ are coming out of their programs and there are excellent coaches coaching at these schools. You can align the High Schools with clubs pretty easily, Don Bosco - World Class, IHA - Torpedoes, Mahwah - MatchFit ... the list goes on.

If you could stop being an insane soccer dad for a minute, you might absorb some of this info.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720829
04/17/19 07:56 AM
04/17/19 07:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORST

WC just added another 5, yes 5 girls to its 03 ECNL roster (all brought up from its NPL team) bringing the total to a whopping 30 players. 30 girls - just think about that for second. How do you possibly manage a team with 30 players - yeah i know there are some injuries but it is impossible to manage that number of players. I guess the pressure must really be heating up on the "coach" to win so what's the solution - i know - just keep inviting more and more girls - that must be the answer!! It can't be that the team needs a coaching change - can it? WOW - it's just so hard to figure out - more players that don't play or a new coach. I bet i know what the parents are thinking....

Fwiw, the coach for the 03 ECNL team also coaches the 03 NPL team. He is giving his NPL players an opportunity to play with his ECNL team on occasion to help them develop. They are added to the ECNL roster because that's how ECNL manages guest players from NPL. This is actually how ECNL is supposed to work with their NPL teams (and presumably will be made easier my converting their NE NPL teams to ECNL RL).

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720830
04/17/19 08:02 AM
04/17/19 08:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps, but the post is very accurate. Sean is the coach for both ECNL and NPL teams, and if he's rostering NPL players in ECNL, its either because he's missing some of his ECNL players for a particular game or he's giving some development opportunities for his NPL players to play in his ECNL games. The ECNL admin system requires him to add those NPL players to his ECNL roster for those situations.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720832
04/17/19 08:06 AM
04/17/19 08:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORST

WC just added another 5, yes 5 girls to its 03 ECNL roster (all brought up from its NPL team) bringing the total to a whopping 30 players. 30 girls - just think about that for second. How do you possibly manage a team with 30 players - yeah i know there are some injuries but it is impossible to manage that number of players. I guess the pressure must really be heating up on the "coach" to win so what's the solution - i know - just keep inviting more and more girls - that must be the answer!! It can't be that the team needs a coaching change - can it? WOW - it's just so hard to figure out - more players that don't play or a new coach. I bet i know what the parents are thinking....

This is not a true statement, it was 2 and the roster is not 30

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720837
04/17/19 08:34 AM
04/17/19 08:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps, but the post is very accurate. Sean is the coach for both ECNL and NPL teams, and if he's rostering NPL players in ECNL, its either because he's missing some of his ECNL players for a particular game or he's giving some development opportunities for his NPL players to play in his ECNL games. The ECNL admin system requires him to add those NPL players to his ECNL roster for those situations.

Who are you kidding. Sean - player development - I don't think so.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720841
04/17/19 09:19 AM
04/17/19 09:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what’s the team going to be next year?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720843
04/17/19 09:32 AM
04/17/19 09:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fwiw, there are 27 players listed on the WC 03 ECNL roster:

https://ecnl.totalglobalsports.com/public/TeamProfile.aspx?t=6915&oid=9

8 of those players are also listed on the WC 03 NPL roster (which has 23 players):

http://nplnortheastgirls.demosphere.com/teams/93172399/84575257-93172461/TEAM.html

So it's definitely not 30 on the ECNL roster, and very much more about movement between the ECNL and NPL teams, which is what is supposed to happen.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720844
04/17/19 09:47 AM
04/17/19 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you asking for a list of who will remain on the current ECNL team?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720847
04/17/19 10:29 AM
04/17/19 10:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you asking for a list of who will remain on the current ECNL team?

I guess so - so many variables within the team, how many existing players will stay?
Will it be competitive? How will they compare to other regional teams that might be formed from existing NPL teams?

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720848
04/17/19 10:38 AM
04/17/19 10:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL rostered players can play NPL but not the other way around. Only an ECNL player can be rostered for ECNL, and you cannot be on both. I thought that was perhaps why they wanted ECNL 2 or R to happen. So they can move players around

Reply Quote
Re: USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720849
04/17/19 10:39 AM
04/17/19 10:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fwiw, there are 27 players listed on the WC 03 ECNL roster:

https://ecnl.totalglobalsports.com/public/TeamProfile.aspx?t=6915&oid=9

8 of those players are also listed on the WC 03 NPL roster (which has 23 players):

http://nplnortheastgirls.demosphere.com/teams/93172399/84575257-93172461/TEAM.html

So it's definitely not 30 on the ECNL roster, and very much more about movement between the ECNL and NPL teams, which is what is supposed to happen.

Sorry to inform you. For the record there are 30 listed - I just went to the site and counted. Interesting argument though. One says 30 which I agree is the listed amount of players while another claims 27. In either case way too many. Maybe they play maybe they don't but does it really matter. The team is toast. DA has 12 girls that are 03s plus one of the best goalies in the country who isn't currently on the roster plus the 2 players currently playing on the WC 03 ecnl team that makes 14 maybe 15 girls who are DA level. I would suspect everyone (maybe one or two don't - including one that goes back to NYSC) of the girls will take the ecnl opportunity. Less travel, no fall season, already have offers and yes, they get to dominate at their local high school. This will all play out over the next 2 months. The current team will have a hard time in its next four games (most likely four losses) , then a chance to to maybe tie one and may even get a win. Then they return from PDA tourney to get crushed by SUSA. I bet a max of 7 or 8 (more likely 5 or 6) girls on the current team ecnl make next year's ECNL. Hard to justify more than that with two years in a row of 2 or 3 league wins and a significant negative goal diff. Sorry if this upsets some but it's the truth and you should start planning now.

Reply Quote
Page 151 of 186 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 185 186
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Central Jersey 7/13
EDP Pocono Premier 7/13
EDP Summer Showcase 7/27
EDP MAPS CAPS 7/27
LIRR Beach Bash

Friends of Renz Charity 8/3
CRUSA - FC Bucks 8/3
Kickoff Classic 8/10
LIRR Beach Bash
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/24
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
Southampton Cup CA 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
EDP Fall Cup 10/12
Parsippany Pride 10/11
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
EDP Fall Classic 11/16
Southampton Cup TX 11/23
Southampton Cup Balt. 11/23
EDP Maps Cup 11/23
EDP Fall Showcase 11/23
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Southampton Cup FL 12/7
EDP Winter Classic 12/7
Camps & Clinics
EISC Summer Camps
LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps

LIRR Advanced Training
LIRR Summer Camps
LIRR Team Camps
LIRR Striker Camps
LIRR Goalkeeper Camps
Eastern FC Champions Camp
Eastern FC Pre-Season HS
KK Athletics Summer
SUSA HS Prep
SUSA Finishing/Goalkeeper SUSA @ Baymen
SUSA Fall Kick Off
SUSA Camp Series
SUSA Summer Splash
SUSA Futsal Camp
Gold Coast FC Camps
Gold Coast FC Training
WYSL Summer Camp
Sponsors

Newest Members
HUDSONSPORTSCOM, HempfieldFallCl, Penn Legacy, soccerlife18, Lindycoach11
14835 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (MCCS Rage, H_Wildcats, Dave Birnbaum), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019