Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 488 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 105 of 134 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 133 134
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720721 04/15/19 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And yes! MO 2005 beat NYRB!!! Last week beat NYCFC !

What about 2006?

9-1

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720725 04/15/19 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please provide insight on the rules or a DA player? Is there such thing as a “guest” player for DA for RedBulls, NYCFC or Metoval? This player during winter break is playing on DA team however is still playing on his heritage club if he’s free on the weekend in League, EDP tourneys, and NY state competitions. Is this allowed by the individual DA club or would his heritage club forfeit every game he’s participated in? Sorry I’m not familiar with the proper ruling and if it’s against rules how can this be reported. TIA

DA rules allow for part time players but they must either be rostered on a lower level club team (B team) or on the roster of an "affiliate" club. The definite of affiliate is fairly lose. Most other leagues don't prohibit playing in a different league; they only prohibit you playing on two teams in the same league. So sorry, if you think a team has a ringer in state cup or EDP playoffs chances are there's no rules against it. Trying to rat out a kid is a scum move.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/wk8nm2mwq34yvbbu548pvwywmdkklzju

I would not "rat" out the kid myself. But in reality the "scum" move is bringing in ringers so a team he is never going to play on can win a plastic trophy or shiny medal. But maybe johnie's parents never won trophies or got beat up back in the good old days.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720727 04/15/19 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't say rat move by the person? What would you call it then by the club knowing they have a DA player then Cheaters?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720732 04/15/19 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please provide insight on the rules or a DA player? Is there such thing as a “guest” player for DA for RedBulls, NYCFC or Metoval? This player during winter break is playing on DA team however is still playing on his heritage club if he’s free on the weekend in League, EDP tourneys, and NY state competitions. Is this allowed by the individual DA club or would his heritage club forfeit every game he’s participated in? Sorry I’m not familiar with the proper ruling and if it’s against rules how can this be reported. TIA

DA rules allow for part time players but they must either be rostered on a lower level club team (B team) or on the roster of an "affiliate" club. The definite of affiliate is fairly lose. Most other leagues don't prohibit playing in a different league; they only prohibit you playing on two teams in the same league. So sorry, if you think a team has a ringer in state cup or EDP playoffs chances are there's no rules against it. Trying to rat out a kid is a scum move.

I would not "rat" out the kid myself. But in reality the "scum" move is bringing in ringers so a team he is never going to play on can win a plastic trophy or shiny medal. But maybe johnie's parents never won trophies or got beat up back in the good old days.

You're not going to last if you get your undies in a bunch over that. It happens. There's lots of loopholes, stacking of decks, politics and favoritism in club and even school soccer. If it's within the rules there's nothing that can be done except get over it. Coaches play to win.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720739 04/15/19 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're not going to last if you get your undies in a bunch over that. It happens. There's lots of loopholes, stacking of decks, politics and favoritism in club and even school soccer. If it's within the rules there's nothing that can be done except get over it. Coaches play to win.

One of the dumber responses I have read. It is either within the rules and is fine, or is cheating. It sends the wrong message to the team the kid is playing on and to the kid as well. Your response is akin to saying "go ahead cheat, because boy oh boy are those rules hard to interpret".

What is next, 03's playing with 05s? Are you okay with that too?

Not likely, don't bother responding; the point is you had a visceral reaction to what is blatantly wrong, why no visceral reaction to something possibly wrong that is just as problematic?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720741 04/15/19 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5-4 MLS team should beat a regular DA team no matter how you put it . better training better equipment better facilities and those kids are supposed to be the best of the best . last week was an unfair game, bunch of 2006 and 07 .

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720787 04/15/19 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5-4 MLS team should beat a regular DA team no matter how you put it . better training better equipment better facilities and those kids are supposed to be the best of the best . last week was an unfair game, bunch of 2006 and 07 .

I guess it shows how much better Met Oval is then the MLS DA's...cue the rage....

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720788 04/15/19 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it shows how much better Met Oval is then the MLS DA's...cue the rage....

Are the 18/19 metoval academy going to the playoffs?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720792 04/16/19 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DA rules allow for part time players but they must either be rostered on a lower level club team (B team) or on the roster of an "affiliate" club. The definite of affiliate is fairly lose. Most other leagues don't prohibit playing in a different league; they only prohibit you playing on two teams in the same league. So sorry, if you think a team has a ringer in state cup or EDP playoffs chances are there's no rules against it. Trying to rat out a kid is a scum move.

One of the dumber responses I have read. It is either within the rules and is fine, or is cheating. It sends the wrong message to the team the kid is playing on and to the kid as well. Your response is akin to saying "go ahead cheat, because boy oh boy are those rules hard to interpret".

Not likely, don't bother responding; the point is you had a visceral reaction to what is blatantly wrong, why no visceral reaction to something possibly wrong that is just as problematic?

Poster's point is that those things do happen, not just in soccer but in life also - look at the discussions that have come about following the admissions scandal. How far will parents go to give their kids and edge, legal but perhaps sleazy? In this case why would a family have their kid double rostered? Is it because they can and think it will make him a better player, or is it just their egos being stroked? How does the poster who raised the question want to handle it? If it's legal or even illegal, do you stay at the club? What do you tell your kid when things like that happen? I can't control what other people do or how other people parent their kids, but I can control how I deal with it.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720805 04/16/19 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DA rules allow for part time players but they must either be rostered on a lower level club team (B team) or on the roster of an "affiliate" club. The definite of affiliate is fairly lose. Most other leagues don't prohibit playing in a different league; they only prohibit you playing on two teams in the same league. So sorry, if you think a team has a ringer in state cup or EDP playoffs chances are there's no rules against it. Trying to rat out a kid is a scum move.

Poster's point is that those things do happen, not just in soccer but in life also - look at the discussions that have come about following the admissions scandal. How far will parents go to give their kids and edge, legal but perhaps sleazy? In this case why would a family have their kid double rostered? Is it because they can and think it will make him a better player, or is it just their egos being stroked? How does the poster who raised the question want to handle it? If it's legal or even illegal, do you stay at the club? What do you tell your kid when things like that happen? I can't control what other people do or how other people parent their kids, but I can control how I deal with it.

You should check out a podcast by Michael Lewis called Against the Rules. He looks at what has happened to "Fairness" in our society. Everyone now hates the "Referee" who has been put in the position to judge "Fairness" . This is not about sports, it is about the changing of our society and how we view "fairness" based mainly on wealth, status, power, and fame.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720834 04/17/19 07:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This principal has a viral rant about parents in the wake of the admissions scandal. The rant is brief but also watch his interview. He sees snow plough parents all the time. Teaching your kids it's ok the break the rules or not do what authorities tell you just because you don't like the rules? Parental failure. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/...dal-facebook-vid-newday-camerota-vpx.cnn

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720871 04/17/19 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the 18/19 metoval academy going to the playoffs?[/quote]

Met Oval doesn't have a team in this age group, moron.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720874 04/17/19 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
What about the 16/17? are they going to the playoffs?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720881 04/18/19 06:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the 16/17? are they going to the playoffs?[/quote]

Is it really that hard to look it up? Larry has the link above as well http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/league/standings.php?leagueId=MTA3Ng%3D%3D

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720915 04/19/19 07:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the MLS has been reading this forum and is taking our advice. Ha!

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/04/18/mls-academies-training-compensation-solidarity-fifa-rules

Hopefully they’ll follow full FIFA rules and training compensation payments will be made all the way down to the U12 developer. This has huge implications with the DA eliminating U12 - foreseeably spreading the rewards to non-DA clubs as well. What a great incentive to develop for all clubs in the ladder.

Page 105 of 134 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 133 134

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
Globall Thanksgiving 12/1
RCC Annual Tournament
KK Xmas Week 12/28
Southampton Cup FL 12/7
SUSA Xmas Week 12/26
Holiday Cup Tournament 12/28
Campeonas All Girls 12/29
Soccer Coliseum 5v5
SUSA Community Clubs