Spring '19 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | Challenge Cup | State Cup |
| CDYSL | GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSA | National League | NPL | NE NPL | NJ Cup | NY Cup | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup | WYSL Premier |

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Nobody Does It Better
Latest Posts
Red Bull Update
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:52 AM
MLS To Expand To 30 Teams
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:27 AM
And the leagues just keep on 'a-comin'
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 09:42 AM
USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 08:37 AM
Latest Tryout Posts
2008 East Islip FC United Boys EDP
by Mjd723. 04/18/19 09:11 PM
Freehold Storm u13G Looking for Players
by dmoore. 04/18/19 03:56 PM
PASCO Soccer Club Tryouts
by PASCOsoccerclub. 04/15/19 04:22 PM
Soccer Talk Radio
Tweets & Twits
EDP 2018-2019
Scores & Standings
Futures Scores & Standings
EDP Spr. '19 NL Brackets
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '18 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Spring '19 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '18
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Espaol
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720576
04/12/19 01:11 PM
04/12/19 01:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not questioning the value of your opinion, we all can have one. Also, not going to diminish other teams and players, not very nice what you just did by the way. Don’t name, point our or describe an 11 year old as “big defender”. Leave individual players out of it.

Do agree that EM showed great improvement in the Fall, they dont seem to have found their feet yet in the Spring. SUSA and EM going to PDA tournament so it should be a good opportunity to play against some very strong teams and develop. Totally agree with NHP, and would add Auburndale to that list as well.

As far as Alby is concerned, I just don’t get why can’t people just give them the credit they earned. They are a very strong team, they do a lot more than kick from midfield or kick long balls. Teams have a very difficult time scoring on them (this is a fact, just look at the previous seasons records) and that is not because of one player. They have a great defense. Strong GK. It’s hard to get past them, we all know that as we played them multiple times. So they must be doing something right, and deserve the recognition. Not an Alby parent but it bothers me to constantly see this team be picked on. They are 11 year old girls, just like our own daughters. Alby definitely on the list of teams learning and developing.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720583
04/12/19 01:41 PM
04/12/19 01:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not questioning the value of your opinion, we all can have one. Also, not going to diminish other teams and players, not very nice what you just did by the way. Don’t name, point our or describe an 11 year old as “big defender”. Leave individual players out of it.

Do agree that EM showed great improvement in the Fall, they dont seem to have found their feet yet in the Spring. SUSA and EM going to PDA tournament so it should be a good opportunity to play against some very strong teams and develop. Totally agree with NHP, and would add Auburndale to that list as well.

As far as Alby is concerned, I just don’t get why can’t people just give them the credit they earned. They are a very strong team, they do a lot more than kick from midfield or kick long balls. Teams have a very difficult time scoring on them (this is a fact, just look at the previous seasons records) and that is not because of one player. They have a great defense. Strong GK. It’s hard to get past them, we all know that as we played them multiple times. So they must be doing something right, and deserve the recognition. Not an Alby parent but it bothers me to constantly see this team be picked on. They are 11 year old girls, just like our own daughters. Alby definitely on the list of teams learning and developing.

-I agree with the previous poster- when someone is 6 inches taller and 20lbs heavier than most of the other girls on the field using the term "big defender" is quite appropriate, I looked and Albertson specifically does not do well once they leave NYCSL- draw your own conclusion but it could be because the size advantage is diminished at older ages.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720589
04/12/19 02:53 PM
04/12/19 02:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-I agree with the previous poster- when someone is 6 inches taller and 20lbs heavier than most of the other girls on the field using the term "big defender" is quite appropriate, I looked and Albertson specifically does not do well once they leave NYCSL- draw your own conclusion but it could be because the size advantage is diminished at older ages.

2 questions. Which Alby team are you talking about? And what stats are you looking at?

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720599
04/12/19 04:17 PM
04/12/19 04:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Does she play on both teams?

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720601
04/12/19 04:35 PM
04/12/19 04:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no situation where is appropriate to call an 11 year old girl big anything. Not in this day and age.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720605
04/12/19 04:55 PM
04/12/19 04:55 PM
Greenwich Village, NY
Larry Miller Online happy OP
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Online Happy OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village, NY
There is no situation where is appropriate to call an 11 year old girl big anything. Not in this day and age.

Not in any day or age.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720662
04/13/19 09:15 PM
04/13/19 09:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it wrong to point out that some players are way bigger or taller than others in the age group. Can you not say someone is slower or faster than other players or is that offensive too. Alby Red has a fantastic physically mature(bigger) player and she routinely scores from distances that her and maybe one other player in the age group can. Right now it's a significant factor in Alby wins and any other team in the age group would love have her on their team. Feel free to call my team small I wont freak out and go all millenial and ask for a safe space.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720790
04/16/19 06:47 AM
04/16/19 06:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great display of talent this past weekend at PDA Spring kick off. All Massachusetts final in the top division and all LI final in the second Division. Alot of good soccer.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720797
04/16/19 09:44 AM
04/16/19 09:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it wrong to point out that some players are way bigger or taller than others in the age group. Can you not say someone is slower or faster than other players or is that offensive too. Alby Red has a fantastic physically mature(bigger) player and she routinely scores from distances that her and maybe one other player in the age group can. Right now it's a significant factor in Alby wins and any other team in the age group would love have her on their team. Feel free to call my team small I wont freak out and go all millenial and ask for a safe space.

I agree. It is not wrong to point out that a kid is big as compared to her peers. It is simply an easy descriptor and also relevant to how the team uses her. I highly doubt she comes onto BOTN to read anything and "big" is not an offensive term to describe someone, especially when they actually are way taller than everyone else. Same with "small" when a kid is significantly smaller.

Reply Quote
Re: G2008 GU11 Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720798
04/16/19 10:02 AM
04/16/19 10:02 AM
Greenwich Village, NY
Larry Miller Online happy OP
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Online Happy OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Greenwich Village, NY
Big and tall have two different connotations...stick with "tall".

Reply Quote
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Easter Showcase 4/19
Empire Cup Classic 5/11
Empire Cup Showcase 5/18
Columbia Invit. 5/24
Manalapan SC Memorial 5/24
Voorhees SC Memorial 5/24
EDP Memorial Classic 5/25
EDP Pocono Cup 5/25
Blue-Gray Cup 5/25
Commack Memorial 5/25

Lancaster Classic 6/8
Mason Dixon Cup 6/15
Independence Cup
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Camps & Clinics
MSC NYC College ID

LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps
NYSC July Camps
NYSC 06-01 Clinics
NYSC 07-08 Girls Clinics
NYSC 07-01 DA Boys ID

East Islip SC Pre-Academy
East Islip SC Spring Camp
Stony Brook Spring Camp
LIRR Spring Camp
LIRR Training Clinics
LIRR Summer Camps

EFC Champions Camp
EFC Pre-Season HS Camp
SUSA Spring Break
KK Athletics Spring Break
Sponsors

Newest Members
dmoore, coachbob23, Juan Rodriguez, NYPSL Clinics, Hosszu73
14783 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Larry Miller, Dave Birnbaum), 102 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019