Fall '19 Scores & Standings:| Alliance (NJ) | BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | ENY Challenge Cup |
| NY State Cup | CDYSL | GDA | LIJSL | NCSA | NEGDL | National League (NA) (MA) | NPL | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup |

| Boys High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Westchester) | Girls High School (Nassau) (Suffolk) (Westchester) |

Latest Posts
BOYS High School (School Ball) Fall 2019
by Anonymous - 08/21/19 02:56 PM
USSF BDA Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 08/21/19 02:53 PM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 08/21/19 02:49 PM
Latest Tryout Posts
G2009 - FC SESA Legends
by FC SESA - 08/18/19 08:21 PM
FC SESA - B2012
by FC SESA - 08/18/19 08:15 PM
G2006 Bohemia Blackhawks
by R Burns - 08/14/19 08:31 AM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Fall '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Fall '19 Schedule
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Spring '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 180 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Adverts 1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 103 of 134 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 133 134
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720480 04/11/19 11:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid is a December 20 birthday. Has been in and out of MLS scouting since he was nine. Spent one summer almost exclusively in an MLS scouting pool for free and they still didn’t take him. Late birthdays are a death sentence.

my kid is a late November 2005 DA player, 87 pounds skinny and small.Very technically gifted but cant keep up physically with his teammates that are born JAN FEB MARCH and just 2 more in APRIL . some of those kids are 130 pounds robust 5 feet 10 inches unfortunately he is getting cut by end of season .

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720481 04/11/19 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The scouting is a joke and the entire program is political. For example McGlynn's son is a political favor for Paul. US Soccer doesn't want the DA program to fail and Paul runs a DA club. Every DA club can send players they want to national camp. US Soccer sticks with those players as long as they can. This is why there are no good American players. The good kids never get a chance unless their father is part of the system. There are a few good players who's fathers help them along but most just suck.
Christian Pulisici's father Mark ( from Long Island) was part of the system and helped pave the way for his son. Mark played in college, played pro, and coached a pro team. Christian Pulisic is a good player unlike most, and when I say most we all know who I'm talking about. The system is ROTTEN to the CORE and no way to fix it. The only future in soccer is getting into a better college but don't expect a scholarship because those are very rare.

The entire DA system depends on Gottschee being in it?! If Paul pulled the club out it seems to me the league would continue just fine.

DA clubs cannot just send players to US camps. They can recommend players and then it's US soccer's choice to take em or not. I know some specific U14s who were recommended by their clubs to Cris da Silva for the east ID and they weren't taken.

It isn't fathers and a few guys running DA clubs that are the problem. It's that US soccer is in bed with MLS and will pretty much only look at MLS academies for players and that some non-MLS DA coaches have a lot of power in US Soccer and thus the ability to help their players along (looking at you, NYSC).

Clubs tend to be careful with those recommendations. Put forth too many poor ones and USSF stops listening. Sure there's politics in the system, more than one would like, but the top NT selections (not just the camps) the system kind of works. Scouting and talent identification is only one of many problems facing US soccer.

As for Pulisic his dad knew what he was doing and sought opportunities for him outside the system. The 15 year old the Sounders just signed also has a former-pro dad/current soccer coach. We don't have enough former-pro dads to go around.

You guys with your conspiracy theories are really something. There is a local story similar to the one about Richards. I recall a Gottschee 2001 player that was selected to maybe a couple national team camps at around U14. On here posters were crying foul because he was a son of a manager. Claiming politics and blaming Mcglynn. Then the national team stopped calling and no more peeps out of the posters here. Like this Richards kid, the geniuses at US Soccer thought this kid wasn't good enough. Then he signed with Liverpool Academy and, guess what, the national team woke up and called him in to camp again a few years later.

The conspiracy theories on here are sad but true to form for the locals. So many of you think your kid is so special and must blame politics for every perceived slight and for being overlooked. Can't wait for you talent scouts to dump on this kid as well. Sure he was signed by Liverpool but his mother was a Gottschee manager so it was because of politics. I'm sure some of you actually believe that. So much jealousy. Should all be proud of a local product looking to make it overseas as much as we are all pulling for kids like Richards and others making the tremendous sacrifice and taking a huge chance to live their dreams.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/american-matteo-ritaccio-has-settled-in-great-at-liverpool/

https://www.corriereditalia.de/varie/junior-cup-2019-al-liverpool-di-matteo-ritaccio/ -- this one needs to be translated

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720485 04/11/19 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, the commentary on Richards going from Texas to Bayern is really smart and interesting - thank you. Made me wonder if I was really reading BOTN...

Here's a question for those who have thought about whether top US players should be staying in the US. I've heard a lot about the benefits of 15-18 year-olds moving to European academies if they are good enough. I get that. We all agree the Christian Pulisic's and Tyler Adams' of the world belong in Europe. But what about young players like the recent homegrown signings from NYCFC and Red Bulls?

These guys - Sands, Haak, Etienne, Mines, etc. - reached the pinnacle of US-based development. They are the best that the MLS academies and our system produced. They are the rare success stories. And they are all on contracts for about $75K per year. Meanwhile, the average salary in the English Championship is $450K, and the average salary in League One is over $100K.

The "average" MLS salary is about $375k, so not sure why you're quoting averages of UK leagues and comparing to rookie MLS contracts. Everyone knows you get paid crap until you perform. MLB minimums are circa $550k and you can have all-stars making that wage because they are under club control.

MLS has come a long way in getting the middle of the roster paid with allocation $$ but still has a long way to go to get overall $$ up and also the low end guys paid more than admin assistants at wall st banks.

Got to look at median and not average. High paid European retirees skew the “average.”

When you say the average I believe you are referring to the mean. That is what typically gets skewed higher or lower by outliers. And yes, the median and not the mean is usually a better indicator of the "average."

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720488 04/11/19 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see how these newly signed MLS home grown crop -- add in Efrain Alvarez from Galaxy - does versus the US prospects, like Richards, Gio Reyna, Llanez and Mendez, who continue to go to Europe. It does appear MLS is now trying to sign their top academy players to home grown contracts in order to avoid losing them for nothing. But, if the prospects who sign MLS home grown deals lag far behind the ones who leave for Europe the movements to Europe will continue and increase - especially if European teams offer more cash.

Wow, the commentary on Richards going from Texas to Bayern is really smart and interesting - thank you. Made me wonder if I was really reading BOTN...

Here's a question for those who have thought about whether top US players should be staying in the US. I've heard a lot about the benefits of 15-18 year-olds moving to European academies if they are good enough. I get that. We all agree the Christian Pulisic's and Tyler Adams' of the world belong in Europe. But what about young players like the recent homegrown signings from NYCFC and Red Bulls?

These guys - Sands, Haak, Etienne, Mines, etc. - reached the pinnacle of US-based development. They are the best that the MLS academies and our system produced. They are the rare success stories. And they are all on contracts for about $75K per year. Meanwhile, the average salary in the English Championship is $450K, and the average salary in League One is over $100K.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720490 04/11/19 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "average" MLS salary is about $375k, so not sure why you're quoting averages of UK leagues and comparing to rookie MLS contracts. Everyone knows you get paid crap until you perform. MLB minimums are circa $550k and you can have all-stars making that wage because they are under club control.

MLS has come a long way in getting the middle of the roster paid with allocation $$ but still has a long way to go to get overall $$ up and also the low end guys paid more than admin assistants at wall st banks.

Maybe it’s better now. From Forbes 2016:

“Superstar salaries are a source of some contention in MLS though, where the average club is worth $185 million and where the median guaranteed compensation is $117,000 while 40 players make the bare minimum $51,500. This year an anonymous ESPN survey of MLS players found that 84% think they are being paid unfairly.Sep 7, 2016”

Yes, it is better. The median total compensation is now $155,000. The targeted allocation money has a lot to do with that. But still a long way to go when the median comp is >2x the average/mean. That means a lot of skewness in the distribution.

Source: https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720491 04/11/19 12:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DA is mostly politics. On my sons team they moved a younger kid up to play in the midfield. The boy wasn’t even close to being the best kid on his team, he was getting beat by his own age group. Yet somehow gets invited to national team camps. Now he plays up and gets a lot of minutes but is clearly in over his head. Dad thinks he’s got the next Messi and how can u blame himUCfvcbR

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720496 04/11/19 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DA is mostly politics. On my sons team they moved a younger kid up to play in the midfield. The boy wasn’t even close to being the best kid on his team, he was getting beat by his own age group. Yet somehow gets invited to national team camps. Now he plays up and gets a lot of minutes but is clearly in over his head. Dad thinks he’s got the next Messi and how can u blame himUCfvcbR

that's a NYCFC 06 CORRECT?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720497 04/11/19 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It cant be 06. They mention that the kid gets invited to National Camps and that forsnt start until U14. 06's are U13

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720499 04/11/19 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a December 20 birthday. Has been in and out of MLS scouting since he was nine. Spent one summer almost exclusively in an MLS scouting pool for free and they still didn’t take him. Late birthdays are a death sentence.

my kid is a late November 2005 DA player, 87 pounds skinny and small.Very technically gifted but cant keep up physically with his teammates that are born JAN FEB MARCH and just 2 more in APRIL . some of those kids are 130 pounds robust 5 feet 10 inches unfortunately he is getting cut by end of season .

My son is in similar circumstances. I thought the DA was allowing smaller, late-birthday kids to play down, but I've seen no evidence of it being done.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720502 04/11/19 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is in similar circumstances. I thought the DA was allowing smaller, late-birthday kids to play down, but I've seen no evidence of it being done.

Bio- banding is definitely being done. Ask his coach about it. Also see the DA website.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720504 04/11/19 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is optional and up to club discretion. It's also limited to just a few players.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720508 04/11/19 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it’s limited to the kids who know someone. I’ve seen boys who r small but have early buirthdays play down

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720509 04/11/19 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really tough to say what would be better for these guys signing the homegrown deals. Maybe there are personal reasons they don't want to go to Europe. I definitely think MLS franchises are trying to convince their top academy talent to sign homegrown deals. A big problem for NYCFC in particular is that they have no USL team here. So Haak, for example, is playing DA anyway. What's he going to do, move as a junior in HS to wherever NYCFC's USL affiliate is now? Do they even have one for this season? Red Bulls can have Mines and Etienne get regular USL minutes, which is an advantage. Even unsigned academy players can play some USL.

I personally think if a player can go to Europe, he should. Llanez and Mendez were smart in my opinion. Now, it did also cost their coach, Brian Kleiban at the LA Galaxy, his job, but that's partly it seems because Kleiban's brother Gary is Llanez's and Menedez's agent!

And the Galaxy GM Dennis te Kloese (who was sporting director of Chivas USA when Brian Kleiban was an academy coach there, so they know each other for a long time) has this to say about academy talent walking out the door and winging it to Europe:

“I think it’s obviously a problem. If you look at it from another perspective, for example an ownership perspective or a club perspective, you invested a lot of resources into producing players and then they can just go somewhere without even saying thank you, I think, first, I think that’s not right,” he said. “But, second of all, I think we need to be aware of what our situations are, who the talented players are and be very active on that end. We need to provide the best opportunities so that everybody would think twice on leaving here, and actually the players that would leave here are the players that wouldn’t have an opportunity. I think that is something that is a challenge for us, and I think that is something that we need to live up to.”

This is where MLS is now. Trying to make it more appealing to stay and sign a homegrown deal and not go to Europe (or at least wait, a la Tyler Adams). We'll see how it goes.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #720525 04/11/19 10:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do a search of the MLS signing South Americans and you’ll see it’s on the rise. Has the MLS concluded that developing Americans is more expensive and harder to do than just grabbing good young foreign players from futbol cultures and would love to play in the US?

And if we’re talking about the development of American players, why are the majority of college scholarships still going to foreign players if the DA has been so successful? The DA should target college scholarships for American players as one of their goals. Until American players are better than European cast-offs that come for a free education - we are still way behind.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #720536 04/12/19 07:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it’s limited to the kids who know someone. I’ve seen boys who r small but have early buirthdays play down

Some clubs brought in ringers to get the wins. Easy to abuse. The idea is sound, the execution will always be flawed. Too many clubs emphasize the wins over development, then there's politics on top of that.

Page 103 of 134 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 133 134

Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/24
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
Southampton Cup CA 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
EDP Fall Cup 10/12
Parsippany Pride 10/11