Latest Posts
Referee Shortage-Solutions?
by Anonymous - 01/24/20 11:23 AM
EDP 2020 Spring League Registration
by Anonymous - 01/24/20 11:10 AM
B2004:U16 Fall 2019/Spring 2020
by Anonymous - 01/24/20 09:40 AM
EDP 2019-2020
EDP Scores & Standings
EDP Conferences (NA) (MA)
Futures Scores & Standings
USSDA Standings 2019-2020
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL 2019-2020
Girls NE Standings
Boys NE Sched & Scores
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '20 Scores & Standings
Spring '20 LI Cup
LIJSL Spr. '20 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '19
ENY State Cups 2019-2020
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
Sponsors

KK Athletics
Soccer Skills Training
Goalkeeping Training
Private Training
Tournaments
Camps and Clinics
Field Rentals
Glow in the Dark Birthday Parties
SUSA
Academy
Camps and Clinics
Leagues
Tournaments
Private Training
Happy Feet
Birthday Parties
Field Rental
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Larry Miller), 445 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

BOTN en Espaol
Tryouts Calendar
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation #717021 01/04/19 02:50 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Please use this thread to chat, comment, bitch & moan about ECNL and ECNL2. Have fun!!

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717026 01/04/19 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the details around ECNL2? Is this all hearsay or does anyone have data they can share?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717032 01/04/19 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs in the area will be in ECNL2? Is it the same clubs as ECNL?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717035 01/05/19 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is going to happen to IC

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717044 01/05/19 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is the purpose of the Players First program?

https://usclubsoccer.org/playersfirst/

I cant seem to find any useful resources. How does one get certified? For $100 is it just a logo that you can put on your web site? Who validates this?

Reply Quote
Soccer Events

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #717045 01/05/19 06:00 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know what is the purpose of the Players First program?

https://usclubsoccer.org/playersfirst/

I cant seem to find any useful resources. How does one get certified? For $100 is it just a logo that you can put on your web site? Who validates this?


Funny you should bring this up. Manhattan SC and SUSA have been given this honor along with more clubs than I can count, and I'm asking the same thing. WTF is this? US Club, as I have written before are rolling out more programs being financed by third parties and the US Club revenue stream is on steroids...too many leagues, too many programs, too many gonnifs.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717046 01/05/19 07:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
Omg this is embarassing for US Club.......more BS.....they are turning into ENY

Ecnl2 is like ENY Premier or the ENYXL or whatever that was called they just keep sending out More acronyms for leagues especially in this area

NYSCL
NYCSL Premier
NPL Club vs Club based
Metro
ENPL
ECNL
East coast soccer league
ECNL2
NPL team vs team based

What a mess they have become......smh....

3 or 4 years ago they had the tri state area signing up in droves now Gary Grossman with US Club has turned this into a cluster F@#&....wow i am shocked at how quickly Gary Grossman and US club have become second best (excluding DA) to USYS National League Conference run by EDP...


Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717047 01/05/19 08:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
You left out the 5 Boro League, JSS, the meaningless NY Cup, and some meaningless programs all designed to take your money with a path to nowhere.

Cross It, let me ask you a question since you are a poster that has a good grasp on the local scene. The question is, do you know the price tag Gary Grossman put on the sale of NYCSL? I ask this because someone we all know or know of in the community was given a price, and I was wondering if you know the price? I do.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717048 01/05/19 08:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
You left out the 5 Boro League, JSS, the meaningless NY Cup, and some meaningless programs all designed to take your money with a path to nowhere.

Cross It, let me ask you a question since you are a poster that has a good grasp on the local scene. The question is, do you know the price tag Gary Grossman put on the sale of NYCSL? I ask this because someone we all know or know of in the community was given a price, and I was wondering if you know the price? I do.


Larry, I do not know the price.......but you have peaked my interest.....

Reply Quote
Youth Soccer Events of Interest

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717049 01/05/19 09:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Let's put that on hold and let pose another question to you. The NY Cup, which is erroneously promoted as a "State Cup" and in reality is an elimination tournament is a money maker for the NYCSL owner (NYCSL is a For-Profit" league) grosses how much money, and apparently has a minimal cost factor of bupkis nets how much for Grossman?

Do you know the cost to enter the NY Cup tournament, and how many teams are registered? Multiply those 2 factors and then I'll give you what I was told is the profit. I would also ask you if you know what the costs are to NYCSL to run the NY Cup tournament?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717050 01/05/19 09:26 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
My quick math says profit about ~$85K for the NY Cup
10 age groups so 20 age agroups boys and girks
with most having 32 teams x 2 gold and silver
Subtract ref fees, Field permits, trophies, check to winners for Nationals

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #717052 01/05/19 10:38 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
My quick math says profit about ~$85K for the NY Cup
10 age groups so 20 age agroups boys and girks
with most having 32 teams x 2 gold and silver
Subtract ref fees, Field permits, trophies, check to winners for Nationals



Am I mistaken or do the teams pay the ref, and get the fields. What checks and what Nationals? US Club does not have a “state cup” in every state nor do these tournaments include an entire state. Look at the NY Cup as a perfect example of covering only a portion of our state.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717053 01/05/19 10:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
Teams secure own fields and pay the refs except the finals
Finals no ref fees and played at neutral site that GG sets up.


10 age groups 32 teams per age group max so assume gold and silver but not all age groups fill out silver completely so ill assume 16 half.
10 age groups x 48 = 480
480 x 2 (boys and girls) = 960

Cost was $395

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717054 01/05/19 10:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
$500 check as given to Winner champion for US Club Nationals in colorado

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717055 01/05/19 11:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
Larry sorry just saw my typo of ~$85k should be about ~$285K not $85k...lol big difference my bad watching nfl football game and typing

Reply Quote
Upcoming Soccer Happenings

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717056 01/05/19 11:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
My point is that except paying for the fields at HBC for the finals, the refs fo the finals, a $500 chump change cash prize, and trophies totaling around, let’s say, $15,000, you do the math and see the profit from just this one event with minimal work and expense. The paying customers pay all costs and do all the game work (fields, refs).

I’m in the wrong business 🤪

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717057 01/05/19 11:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
C
Cross It 4 Fun Offline
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
My point is that except paying for the fields at HBC for the finals, the refs fo the finals, a $500 chump change cash prize, and trophies totaling around, let’s say, $15,000, you do the math and see the profit from just this one event with minimal work and expense. The paying customers pay all costs and do all the game work (fields, refs).

I’m in the wrong business 🤪


Yes we are!

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717058 01/06/19 12:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don't understand whether ECNL2 is an actual thing or if it's just the name some clubs are giving to their NE NPL teams to make them sound more attractive?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717059 01/06/19 12:36 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
It’s an actual league.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717060 01/06/19 07:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
It’s an actual league.


Has it been announced anywhere? Is it actually associated with ECNL? Do we know what clubs in our area are in it?

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717061 01/06/19 08:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Yes, and yes. Manhattan SC and SUSA have been announced, and it is part of ECNL. I will try and et more info on it today and pass it along.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Cross It 4 Fun] #717062 01/06/19 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
Omg this is embarassing for US Club.......more BS.....they are turning into ENY

Ecnl2 is like ENY Premier or the ENYXL or whatever that was called they just keep sending out More acronyms for leagues especially in this area

NYSCL
NYCSL Premier
NPL Club vs Club based
Metro
ENPL
ECNL
East coast soccer league
ECNL2
NPL team vs team based

What a mess they have become......smh....

3 or 4 years ago they had the tri state area signing up in droves now Gary Grossman with US Club has turned this into a cluster F@#&....wow i am shocked at how quickly Gary Grossman and US club have become second best (excluding DA) to USYS National League Conference run by EDP...



Spot on, US club soccer is taking parents for a ride. Effectively though they are watering down what was once a very elite brand. What’s next? ECNL 3,4 & 5? If they are just using current NPL teams from this area to fill this in, it truly shows how much they are willing to drop the standard for a few extra $$$.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717063 01/06/19 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Yes, and yes. Manhattan SC and SUSA have been announced, and it is part of ECNL. I will try and et more info on it today and pass it along.


SUSA already has ECNL, therefore, will they still be able to add a second team (like PDA) to ECNL or will that second team be added to this new entity? Also, does the addition of Manhattan mean they will also be added to ECNL or only to this new ECNL2 entity?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717064 01/06/19 11:11 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Larry Miller Online OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 16,914
Manhattan SC doesn't have ECNL and no where was it mentioned that will have ECNL2. Manhattan SC was mentioned as a club that was anointed with this US Club Players First money grab program along with SUSA...two separate issues and programs...are you confused by all this nonsense? If you are, so are most of us...WTF is going on with all these programs and leagues?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Larry Miller] #717065 01/06/19 12:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Manhattan SC doesn't have ECNL and no where was it mentioned that will have ECNL2. Manhattan SC was mentioned as a club that was anointed with this US Club Players First money grab program along with SUSA...two separate issues and programs...are you confused by all this nonsense? If you are, so are most of us...WTF is going on with all these programs and leagues?



Umm, Larry, 3 posts up you're the one that said Manhattan SC and SUSA have ECNL2, no one else said that, it was you.

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Nobody Does It Better
Tournaments
RCC Annual Tournament
Eastern Boys Indoor 2/1
Eastern Girls Indoor 2/8
Ramapo Indoor 2/8
Generation Adidas Cup 2/15
NYSC Invitational @ Ophir 2/15
SUSA Presidents Week 2/17
Globall Presidents Cup 2/17
KK Presidents Week 2/17
EDP Presidents 2/17
Manhattan KOC 2/28

McLean Cup 3/7
SUSA Spring Kick Off 3/14
Amanda Post Memorial 3/14
McLean Cup Boys 3/14
McLean Cup Girls 3/21
Baltimore Mania - Boys 3/21
Baltimore Mania - Girls 3/28
Delaware FC Spring Classic 3/28
Nether Invitational 4/11
Celtic International 5/2/3
Gettysburg Blue Gray 5/23
Columbia Invit. Mem. Day 5/23
Commack Memorial Weekend 5/23
Mason Dixon Cup 6/13
Gettysburg Battlefield Blast 8/29
OBCG Capital Cup 9/5
Camps & Clinics
Stony Brook Atletico Pres. Wk.
Girls College ID Clinic
Boys College ID Clinic
EISC Winter Training
EISC Foot Skills
EISC Goalkeeper Training
EISC Spring Camps
SUSA Intense @ Bubble
SUSA Winter Goalkeeper
SUSA Jr. Academy Skills
KK Elite Level
KK Goalkeeping
KK-Atletico Pres. Wk.
NYSC Specific Positions 2
NYSC Development Program
NYSC Summer Camps>/a>
EFC Young Lions
EFC Advanced Development
EFC Player Development
EFC Port Chester
Newest Members
JKENNEDY, RR21091, Jmd0702, CommackCourage03, SouthamptonSC
14890 Registered Users

Click Here!