Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 10/24/20 10:55 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/24/20 08:28 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/23/20 05:12 PM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BWP Pleads His Case -- He Was Right To Complain About A Non Call, BUT .....
#712550 09/24/18 07:08 PM
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
BWP Pleads His Case -- He Was Right To Complain About A Non Call, BUT ..........

Can't blame Red Bull striker Bradley Wright-Phillips for feeling that he was fouled and that the AR blew it and missed the foul which occurred only yards away from the official, BUT ......!

I saw the foul live on TV, and not sure how the AR could have missed it since he and I (and, all viewers) had the same angle but he was right there!.

www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/09/23/new-york-red-bulls-keep-pace-must-face-atlanta-united-without-bwp

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: BWP Pleads His Case -- He Was Right To Complain About A Non Call, BUT .....
Dave Birnbaum #712595 09/25/18 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dave Birnbaum
BWP Pleads His Case -- He Was Right To Complain About A Non Call, BUT ..........

Can't blame Red Bull striker Bradley Wright-Phillips for feeling that he was fouled and that the AR blew it and missed the foul which occurred only yards away from the official, BUT ......!

I saw the foul live on TV, and not sure how the AR could have missed it since he and I (and, all viewers) had the same angle but he was right there!.

www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/09/23/new-york-red-bulls-keep-pace-must-face-atlanta-united-without-bwp

Poor BWP, crying shame. AR could have had CR talk with him instead of inserting himself into the game and doubling up his mistake. The definition of a curse is highly subjective but some refs can't wait to give cards for language you'd hear from ten year olds and there are many who, when running the AR line, love to wave their flags for anything that makes them feel part of the game. I watched one this weekend almost take over the game from his sideline, nearly ruined it for all. I have seen refs who think they have run a good game if they called lots of fouls, handed out a couple of yellows and even better, a red or two. 'It's my game and I'll not have anyone interfere with it, especially the players.' Typically, these would be the ones who are less impressive out of uniform and wouldn't command much respect dressed in civvies. It's always a treat to see a young, confident crew that look as if they can play a bit. Ever notice how trouble-free those games seem to be?

Like Reply Quote
Re: BWP Pleads His Case -- He Was Right To Complain About A Non Call, BUT .....
Anonymous #712601 09/25/18 04:41 PM
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
You can sometimes lipread off a TV screen what a player is mouthing off to an official. And, sitting in the press box from time to time, it shouldn't come as a shock to me that players express themselves from time to time using 4 letter words.

With only several minutes remaining in the match and apparently this was the only offensive uttering of the day committed by BWP for which he could have been issued a card, the AR could have ignored the moment and the comment.

In any event, should be interesting this Sunday to see with BWP unavailable, how Chris Armas sets up his lineup, formation and style of play against Atlanta which sits in first place in the Eastern Conference.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderated by  Dave Birnbaum 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!