Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL (Enhanced) | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 11:06 AM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 09:42 AM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 09:38 AM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Upcoming Vote on Double Player Carding
#710304 07/24/18 08:52 PM
N
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
N
Good evening,
I just want to give everyone a heads up about something that may affect many of our soccer players. As many of you know Eastern New York Youth Soccer, currently, does not permit double player carding among it’s leagues. As more teams decide to move from one program to another, this is presenting a problem for many players. Players that have been playing for two teams without conflict for years are having to make very difficult choices and many teams are falling apart due to a lack of players. I don’t think that it’s in anyone’s best interest to have more and more soccer teams fall apart due to a policy that no longer makes sense.

On Saturday, August 4th, 2018, the Eastern New York Youth Soccer organization will be holding a vote on this matter. The meeting is NOT open to the public. All the participating leagues (see below) will be voting. I know that most of the leagues have sent out emails to their participating club Presidents asking for their opinion and to say the least, they haven’t received an overwhelming response.

As parents, we need to make sure our voices are heard in this matter. Please contact via email or phone, your club President and ask them to let their league know where they stand on this matter. Please feel free to, also, contact your league and let THEM know where you stand on this matter. It would be truly unfortunate for the leagues to vote on this matter without hearing from the parents of the soccer players, who after all is said and done will be the ones affected by the outcome of this vote.

Thank you and have a pleasant evening.

Affiliated Leagues

Big Apple Youth Soccer League
718-545-4125 luissoccer@aol.com

Capital District Youth Soccer League
518-435-2325 cdysloffice@cdysl.org

Central New York State Soccer League
315-525-8940 mdowns@romecsd.org

Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League
718-491-4009 cjsl1@verizon.net

East Hudson Youth Soccer League
845-621-0112 soccer@ehysl.org

Hudson Valley Youth Soccer District
516-766-0849 lfrancis@backofthenet.com

Long Island Junior Soccer League
631-648-9020 lijsl@ix.netcom.com

Metrokids Interregional Soccer League
646-406-2170 blancajuca@aol.com

Mid State New York Soccer League
davisgb@oneonta.edu

Staten Island Youth Soccer League
wsmith9742@aol.com

Westchester Youth Soccer District
516-766-0849 wysd@backofthenet.com

Janet
Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Upcoming Vote on Double Player Carding
nysoccermom1 #710306 07/24/18 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by nysoccermom1
Good evening,
I just want to give everyone a heads up about something that may affect many of our soccer players. As many of you know Eastern New York Youth Soccer, currently, does not permit double player carding among it’s leagues. As more teams decide to move from one program to another, this is presenting a problem for many players. Players that have been playing for two teams without conflict for years are having to make very difficult choices and many teams are falling apart due to a lack of players. I don’t think that it’s in anyone’s best interest to have more and more soccer teams fall apart due to a policy that no longer makes sense.

On Saturday, August 4th, 2018, the Eastern New York Youth Soccer organization will be holding a vote on this matter. The meeting is NOT open to the public. All the participating leagues (see below) will be voting. I know that most of the leagues have sent out emails to their participating club Presidents asking for their opinion and to say the least, they haven’t received an overwhelming response.

As parents, we need to make sure our voices are heard in this matter. Please contact via email or phone, your club President and ask them to let their league know where they stand on this matter. Please feel free to, also, contact your league and let THEM know where you stand on this matter. It would be truly unfortunate for the leagues to vote on this matter without hearing from the parents of the soccer players, who after all is said and done will be the ones affected by the outcome of this vote.

Thank you and have a pleasant evening.

Affiliated Leagues

Big Apple Youth Soccer League
718-545-4125 luissoccer@aol.com

Capital District Youth Soccer League
518-435-2325 cdysloffice@cdysl.org

Central New York State Soccer League
315-525-8940 mdowns@romecsd.org

Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League
718-491-4009 cjsl1@verizon.net

East Hudson Youth Soccer League
845-621-0112 soccer@ehysl.org

Hudson Valley Youth Soccer District
516-766-0849 lfrancis@backofthenet.com

Long Island Junior Soccer League
631-648-9020 lijsl@ix.netcom.com

Metrokids Interregional Soccer League
646-406-2170 blancajuca@aol.com

Mid State New York Soccer League
davisgb@oneonta.edu

Staten Island Youth Soccer League
wsmith9742@aol.com

Westchester Youth Soccer District
516-766-0849 wysd@backofthenet.com

This is definitely an issue. But how (or why) would a player be carded with a team in East Hudson and also in Staten Island or Long Island? Is the issue more playing EDP (since many teams have moved there) while playing in one of these more local leagues? Does EDP have a vote as a new member to club?

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710307 07/24/18 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIJSL offered three options for the club Presidents to choose, no dual carding at all, allowing various clubs to form a consortium to field joint teams in EDP or anything goes where any LIJSL player can play for any EDP team. The one caveat being in both the consortium and anything goes options that the player would require the permission of the LIJSL club before joining another clubs EDP team.

Our club voted for the consortium option though we said that we would rather have the anything goes situation over no dual carding at all if those were the only two options given in the end.

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710308 07/24/18 11:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you taking about allowing players who are also carded with US Club to be allowed to play In a ENY affiliated league ? If that’s the case, that’s not ENYYSA call. That’s a fight you should have with US Soccer. If your talking about allowing players to be dual carded with more than one club, how would that be policed ? You’ll have clubs cross registering players from different clubs , you’ll have the better clubs stocking up their rosters to resemble all star teams.

If clubs are struggling to field teams how is that states fault ?? Maybe your Club needs to downsize, do better recruiting , offer better training? Don’t look to blame someone else.

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710312 07/25/18 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is about a single player having two USYSA cards at the same time, one with his/her "primary" club and one with his/her "secondary" club. If passed, the player would only be able to do this if the teams he/she played on in each club played in different leagues.

The prime example being having a card with lets say West Babylon in LIJSL while at the same time having a card with KK in EDP.

And yes, policing this would be a nightmare.

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710313 07/25/18 08:48 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Here is one reason I can see this being approved...MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Right now, teams registering and playing in EDP have their data and registration money going directly to EDP, which both LIJSL and ENY had strong objections and wanted EDP to have the registration money and player data being handled by their organizations. They lost that battle, so perhaps to recoup some or most of the lost revenue and data control they might go for it. Just my thoughts and my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710315 07/25/18 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely right this is about money just like everything else in the sport these days. On LI the short sightedness led to the creation of US club. They offered travel for toddlers because that what the market wanted. They let in independent/non town club organizations because that is what the market wanted. This is just another way for everyone to hold on to their little piece of the pie.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the amount of players and teams has grown, but the amount of clubs and the amount of leagues keeps growing by the year. Everybody is trying to hold on to their players and the teams. This is another perfect example, don't leave us and you can play wherever else you like.

Then the next topic will be the poaching and recruitment of these dual players because again EVERYONE is trying to grow....

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710316 07/25/18 09:54 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
It’s one thing for soccer organizations to do whatever they can to maximize their revenue without regard to a player’s development, potential burnout and injury due to too much soccer activity. It’s quite another for a parent to totally fall for it and have their child play MORE games because they think that playing more games makes a player better. I disagree. Playing EDP which is supposed to be a higher level of soccer and then playing for another ENY affiliated league just makes no sense. One game a week with the occasional second game for a tournament or a Cup game is one thing but playing for two teams could present scheduling conflicts and just too much for a player. If a player practices as little as twice a week with an ENY affiliated team and then 3 times a week for an EDP game then plays 2 games a week you’re risking fatigue and injury. It’s kind of like jack of all trades, master of none. It could also create conflicting training and playing philosophies that may confuse young players and frustrate their Coaches especially when they cannot dedicate their all to ONE team.

I have said it many times on these boards, playing that many games a week instead of having a higher ratio of practices to games will not make a better player. In the rest of the world the ratio of practices to games is more like 4:1. More games seem to be more for the enjoyment of the parents so they can watch more games. Practices are considered “boring” by the parents and many just drop their kids off only to pick them up after practice ends. Practice makes perfect, not games. Practices allow for more breaks for players, is more about set plays and strategies and also conditioning. Why would anyone consider 7 days a week of soccer for their child to play on 2 teams? Even if the soccer activity was 6 days a week for 2 teams how much time does that leave for school activities, religious instruction and other things that kids should be doing that are not so structured? This is a formula for failure, injuries and burnout for most kids.

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710323 07/25/18 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at the current tryout posting board. Farmingdale which is a solid club with solid training is looking to fill spots on a ton of travel teams and are advertising for kids who play in the opposing league to come play with them as a 2nd team to keep teams alive! There just aren't enough kids out there to fill out these teams and with the money at play, nobody wants to fold or merge

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710328 07/25/18 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just look at the current tryout posting board. Farmingdale which is a solid club with solid training is looking to fill spots on a ton of travel teams and are advertising for kids who play in the opposing league to come play with them as a 2nd team to keep teams alive! There just aren't enough kids out there to fill out these teams and with the money at play, nobody wants to fold or merge

Too many leagues, too many tournaments, too many teams, too many games, too many people spending money

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #710332 07/25/18 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't agree more with LI Ref. Why does your kid need to play on two club teams just so that the team can field spots? Its not healthy. These kids probably also playing school ball. I was at PT last week and my therapist said there has been a major surge of kids with wear and tear injuries at such a young age.

People complain about the GDA not allowing kids to play school ball, but if you practice 3-4 times a week with 2 games each weekend how can you possibly keep up physically with playing school ball, practicing everyday and all the games. It makes no sense. And the kids in those clubs are the ones who are likely pursing a college spot.

I told my daughter to choose one club and stick with that. There were no tears.

I referee as well, and I can't tell you how many kids are sitting there on the sidelines each week with injuries sustained from playing too much soccer.
I get you want the option, but it sounds like these leagues want more money.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #710336 07/25/18 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
It’s one thing for soccer organizations to do whatever they can to maximize their revenue without regard to a player’s development, potential burnout and injury due to too much soccer activity. It’s quite another for a parent to totally fall for it and have their child play MORE games because they think that playing more games makes a player better. I disagree. Playing EDP which is supposed to be a higher level of soccer and then playing for another ENY affiliated league just makes no sense. One game a week with the occasional second game for a tournament or a Cup game is one thing but playing for two teams could present scheduling conflicts and just too much for a player. If a player practices as little as twice a week with an ENY affiliated team and then 3 times a week for an EDP game then plays 2 games a week you’re risking fatigue and injury. It’s kind of like jack of all trades, master of none. It could also create conflicting training and playing philosophies that may confuse young players and frustrate their Coaches especially when they cannot dedicate their all to ONE team.

I have said it many times on these boards, playing that many games a week instead of having a higher ratio of practices to games will not make a better player. In the rest of the world the ratio of practices to games is more like 4:1. More games seem to be more for the enjoyment of the parents so they can watch more games. Practices are considered “boring” by the parents and many just drop their kids off only to pick them up after practice ends. Practice makes perfect, not games. Practices allow for more breaks for players, is more about set plays and strategies and also conditioning. Why would anyone consider 7 days a week of soccer for their child to play on 2 teams? Even if the soccer activity was 6 days a week for 2 teams how much time does that leave for school activities, religious instruction and other things that kids should be doing that are not so structured? This is a formula for failure, injuries and burnout for most kids.

Very well said !

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710337 07/25/18 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didnt lose the battle.. EDP clubs can register their teams 2 way.. via EDP (which Got Soccer is handling) or through their local leagues (which Sports Illus. Play is handling). If clubs go through EDP, EDP is kicking back either a percentage or the entire carding fee to ENY which in turn it will kick back to the leagues. EDP is making plenty of money off of Registration, trust me. Its a win win for EDP, ENY, and its leagues.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710339 07/25/18 04:13 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Can't agree more with LI Ref. Why does your kid need to play on two club teams just so that the team can field spots? Its not healthy. These kids probably also playing school ball. I was at PT last week and my therapist said there has been a major surge of kids with wear and tear injuries at such a young age.

People complain about the GDA not allowing kids to play school ball, but if you practice 3-4 times a week with 2 games each weekend how can you possibly keep up physically with playing school ball, practicing everyday and all the games. It makes no sense. And the kids in those clubs are the ones who are likely pursing a college spot.

I referee as well, and I can't tell you how many kids are sitting there on the sidelines each week with injuries sustained from playing too much soccer.

I think you need to re-read LIRefs comments he is saying no for two teams and saying more practice less games....

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710341 07/25/18 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not permitting dual carding also has some other drawbacks:

- cant really guest on any team. whatever the reason is, whether its 2 weeks off, or team falling apart, or just playing in a summer tournament
- some events do not accept certain cards. not sure what qualifies here any more - state cup? tournaments etc.

I think the carding is an excuse for a club to "own" a player without having and actual contract with the player. When kids join a club - they dont have a contract which will specify the number of minutes they will play, positions they will be exposed to etc. This can go sour very quickly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710342 07/25/18 07:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not permitting dual carding also has some other drawbacks:

- cant really guest on any team. whatever the reason is, whether its 2 weeks off, or team falling apart, or just playing in a summer tournament
- some events do not accept certain cards. not sure what qualifies here any more - state cup? tournaments etc.

I think the carding is an excuse for a club to "own" a player without having and actual contract with the player. When kids join a club - they dont have a contract which will specify the number of minutes they will play, positions they will be exposed to etc. This can go sour very quickly.

Teams shouldn't have "guest players" from other clubs for league play or cup play.

You can have the same number of guest players from other clubs as you did before that hasn't changed. Or do you mean that you would get kids a second card to get around the usual 3 guest player rule (which means you are effectively cheating)?

There are very valid reasons for restrictions on passes that have nothing to do with "owning" players and everything to do with fair play.

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #710348 07/26/18 12:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun

I think you need to re-read LIRefs comments he is saying no for two teams and saying more practice less games....

correct no to 2 teams.. yes more training less travel, 1 game ever weekend.
follow the ussda guidlines

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710353 07/26/18 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely right this is about money just like everything else in the sport these days. On LI the short sightedness led to the creation of US club. They offered travel for toddlers because that what the market wanted. They let in independent/non town club organizations because that is what the market wanted. This is just another way for everyone to hold on to their little piece of the pie.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the amount of players and teams has grown, but the amount of clubs and the amount of leagues keeps growing by the year. Everybody is trying to hold on to their players and the teams. This is another perfect example, don't leave us and you can play wherever else you like.

Then the next topic will be the poaching and recruitment of these dual players because again EVERYONE is trying to grow....

Too many clubs and leagues all fighting over the same talent pool. Participation in youth soccer has actually declined in the last few years across the US. Even if it were holding steady here there's too much supply and not enough demand. It's an unsustainable model and some clubs and certainly teams won't be able to survive. The good news for soccer consumers is that (hopefully) clubs up their game and offer better services to retain customers. Some consolidation would be good for soccer, but right now there's too much money involved and it's a dog eat dog environment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710355 07/26/18 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
....[/quote]

Too many clubs and leagues all fighting over the same talent pool. Participation in youth soccer has actually declined in the last few years across the US. Even if it were holding steady here there's too much supply and not enough demand. It's an unsustainable model and some clubs and certainly teams won't be able to survive. The good news for soccer consumers is that (hopefully) clubs up their game and offer better services to retain customers. Some consolidation would be good for soccer, but right now there's too much money involved and it's a dog eat dog environment. [/quote]

That's the problem on LI, people are afraid to JUMP. Why the few parents of truly ELITE players tolerate their kids playing with sub-par kids with sub-par training is the 10,000 question. People should have left EM years ago for a host or reasons. The final straw for those sticking with Alby should have been to jump when PR started coaching all over the country. Surf has now had a few years and have shown poor administration, unmotivated coaching and no success and when MF left that should have been the last straw so they too should be off the list. BARCA was a money grab on name alone and delivered on nothing they have promised so cross them off too. All the little guys like SESA etc have the occasional good age group and trainer but are hardly elite teams and training in each age group, so another NO. KK I think does what they do well, but don't offer a long-term play to the older age groups. So that leaves SUSA and LISC. LISC I think gets another couple of years now that MF is there. The RR's have shown staying power and PZ might be a long-term winner here. All the news out of SUSA remains positive with facility news and acceptance into very important leagues. Their challenge will be keeping kid's happy on their B, C, D and E teams and keeping the level of training up on those B,C,D and E teams. Otherwise LI will remain the island of very expensive mediocrity.

PS just saw the national ECNL player watch list and winners, no one from LI....

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #710360 07/26/18 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun

That's what I'm saying too! Re read my comments. There is NO NEED for kids to play on two different leagues. They already practice so much and having 4 games a week is dangerous. I'm not sure how you didn't get that from what I wrote, but I agree with him/her.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710361 07/26/18 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you look up the player to watch list in 2016? I didn't, but with many of that talent going to GDA I would assume this year we didn't field any players. Perhaps in previous years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710367 07/26/18 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you look up the player to watch list in 2016? I didn't, but with many of that talent going to GDA I would assume this year we didn't field any players. Perhaps in previous years.

I didn't look up anything. Why do we always have excuses around here? Best went to GDA, we are developing instead of winning etc

Seems other areas, develop, win and produce players for national pool play and players on the watch list all at the same time. Hmmmm

Own the mediocrity!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710375 07/26/18 03:38 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

Too many clubs and leagues all fighting over the same talent pool. Participation in youth soccer has actually declined in the last few years across the US. Even if it were holding steady here there's too much supply and not enough demand. It's an unsustainable model and some clubs and certainly teams won't be able to survive. The good news for soccer consumers is that (hopefully) clubs up their game and offer better services to retain customers. Some consolidation would be good for soccer, but right now there's too much money involved and it's a dog eat dog environment. [/quote]

That's the problem on LI, people are afraid to JUMP. Why the few parents of truly ELITE players tolerate their kids playing with sub-par kids with sub-par training is the 10,000 question. People should have left EM years ago for a host or reasons. The final straw for those sticking with Alby should have been to jump when PR started coaching all over the country. Surf has now had a few years and have shown poor administration, unmotivated coaching and no success and when MF left that should have been the last straw so they too should be off the list. BARCA was a money grab on name alone and delivered on nothing they have promised so cross them off too. All the little guys like SESA etc have the occasional good age group and trainer but are hardly elite teams and training in each age group, so another NO. KK I think does what they do well, but don't offer a long-term play to the older age groups. So that leaves SUSA and LISC. LISC I think gets another couple of years now that MF is there. The RR's have shown staying power and PZ might be a long-term winner here. All the news out of SUSA remains positive with facility news and acceptance into very important leagues. Their challenge will be keeping kid's happy on their B, C, D and E teams and keeping the level of training up on those B,C,D and E teams. Otherwise LI will remain the island of very expensive mediocrity.

[/quote]

This is one of the most elitist uniformed and insulting statements made on this subject. I am a neutral observer around the game for over 25 years as a Coach and Referee. I also played the game before it was popular in the US. For you to think that 2 or 3 organizations are the only ones doing it right on Long Island is an insult to the over 40,000 players in different leagues all over the Island. You speak as if you have seen many of these teams. You have probably seen less than 1% of the talent playing the game. Just because there are no Long Island players that were named on some subjective list that does not make it correct. The facts are that less than 1% of all players nationally will ever make it to the highest levels of the game. So what! Maybe some of these kids will go on to medical school or law school or any other prestigious profession and they do not need to play Division 1 soccer in college or play on a National Team or play any other high level of play because they are choosing to just have fun and get better with every practice and game and then move on to the rest of their life with fond memories of playing the game.
Even if they reach a professional level in this country a professional soccer career is extremely short and getting a proper education is a much higher priority because when their playing days are over they need to find a real job and a real career. In today’s world if you do not have a good education that matches the skills required in today’s economy then you are looking at a difficult life with no success. Parents that are betting their children’s future on soccer and paying huge amounts of money for it instead of investing that money more wisely in a 529 or college are committing parental malpractice.

Like Reply Quote
nysoccermom1 #710377 07/26/18 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Parents that are betting their children’s future on soccer and paying huge amounts of money for it instead of investing that money more wisely in a 529 or college are committing parental malpractice."

That I think is the point. Throwing insane amounts of money at these organizations is not the answer

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #710378 07/26/18 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77

Too many clubs and leagues all fighting over the same talent pool. Participation in youth soccer has actually declined in the last few years across the US. Even if it were holding steady here there's too much supply and not enough demand. It's an unsustainable model and some clubs and certainly teams won't be able to survive. The good news for soccer consumers is that (hopefully) clubs up their game and offer better services to retain customers. Some consolidation would be good for soccer, but right now there's too much money involved and it's a dog eat dog environment.

[/quote]

This is one of the most elitist uniformed and insulting statements made on this subject. I am a neutral observer around the game for over 25 years as a Coach and Referee. I also played the game before it was popular in the US. For you to think that 2 or 3 organizations are the only ones doing it right on Long Island is an insult to the over 40,000 players in different leagues all over the Island. You speak as if you have seen many of these teams. You have probably seen less than 1% of the talent playing the game. Just because there are no Long Island players that were named on some subjective list that does not make it correct. The facts are that less than 1% of all players nationally will ever make it to the highest levels of the game. So what! Maybe some of these kids will go on to medical school or law school or any other prestigious profession and they do not need to play Division 1 soccer in college or play on a National Team or play any other high level of play because they are choosing to just have fun and get better with every practice and game and then move on to the rest of their life with fond memories of playing the game.
Even if they reach a professional level in this country a professional soccer career is extremely short and getting a proper education is a much higher priority because when their playing days are over they need to find a real job and a real career. In today’s world if you do not have a good education that matches the skills required in today’s economy then you are looking at a difficult life with no success. Parents that are betting their children’s future on soccer and paying huge amounts of money for it instead of investing that money more wisely in a 529 or college are committing parental malpractice.[/quote]

One of my daughters friends easily spent well over $30,000 on training, id camps, showcases and so on. Maybe even a lot more than that. Well, at least her parents did. And the family is now bragging that she is going to play for SUNY Farmingdale. I want to say so many things about that but instead just nod my head and congratulate them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!