Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL (Enhanced) | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |


Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/22/20 07:43 AM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 04:37 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 04:31 PM
Did SUSA put Money Before Safety?
by Larry Miller - 09/21/20 03:01 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
#710236 07/23/18 09:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,062
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,062
Likes: 22
It's the start of the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group.

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #710795 08/07/18 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why NYCSL B2005 NPL league teams have not received any points for the Spring season yet?

All other NYCSL NPL leagues have and it matters for kickoff/labor day/Columbus Day tournament seedings.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711066 08/14/18 10:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed the same thing, GotSoccer isn’t correctly calculating points. Would be nice to see where those top three landed, but then again it isn’t very important.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711067 08/14/18 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got Soccer points are completely useless and are not a barometer of anything.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711089 08/15/18 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Got Soccer points are completely useless and are not a barometer of anything.


Do tournament directors use it for assigning flights?

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711091 08/15/18 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely. For better........mostly for worse......but you need a system somehow.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711094 08/15/18 08:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Absolutely. For better........mostly for worse......but you need a system somehow.


So not completely useless at all. Nothing worse than being clearly over or under-seeded for a tournament, especially one that you travel to.

And the longer you travel, the more likely the organizers are to rely on the gotsoccer points.

If anyone reading this has any influence or contacts there, please ask them to fix -- it's impacting Fall kickoff tournaments right now and will impact Columbus Day tournaments soon.

Every other NYCSL NPL league has points. It's 13 relatively competitive teams that are one whole league season short on points compared to Metro, EDP and all other teams.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711103 08/15/18 11:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a system that is completely flawed and leads to lopsided brackets in tournaments, then why are we using it? I know my coach and DOC dont want lopsided affairs and work it out with directors and opposing coaches. Tournaments are all about testing how far you have come as a team. So for any coach that is looking for the easy bracket in order to hoist a trophy. I say start looking for another club

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711112 08/16/18 08:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you have a system that is completely flawed and leads to lopsided brackets in tournaments, then why are we using it? I know my coach and DOC dont want lopsided affairs and work it out with directors and opposing coaches. Tournaments are all about testing how far you have come as a team. So for any coach that is looking for the easy bracket in order to hoist a trophy. I say start looking for another club


The whole point of the original post was the concern that uncredited points would lead to under-seeding.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711145 08/17/18 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the got soccer rankings. Its laughable. Our team is ranked close to 100 yet we have spanked and never lost to most of the teams in the top 10. Its a collosal joke. Half of these tournaments that help you accumulate points are not very good. How much does the manhattan classic get you? Playing soccer in arctic conditions every year is a great barometer of talent.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711151 08/17/18 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just looked at the got soccer rankings. Its laughable. Our team is ranked close to 100 yet we have spanked and never lost to most of the teams in the top 10. Its a collosal joke. Half of these tournaments that help you accumulate points are not very good. How much does the manhattan classic get you? Playing soccer in arctic conditions every year is a great barometer of talent.


The nuttiest things to me are how many points you can accumulate just by being a halfway decent new team (300+ points per win) and how many points teams that finish in the bottom half of the EDP top divisions get.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711211 08/20/18 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy crap are there going to be some ugly Gold group stage games in the NY State Cup. Huge talent gap after the top few teams.

I've never seen so many local travel teams in a gold bracket before.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711213 08/20/18 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If what you point out is accurate and not opinion, do you think the addition of EDP officially entering New York and Long Island has upset the balance negatively by further watering down the ability to concentrate teams of a given caliber to be situated in one place?

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711218 08/20/18 03:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
B
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
B
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
The Answer is simple....If you are playing to finish high place in a tournament...than seeding matters....If you are playing to win....The seeding does not matter.

This is the mentality for highest level of competitors.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711227 08/20/18 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most have no idea how gotsoccer points are calculated. If you beat lower ranked teams you will get little to no points for winning a tournament. You need to beat teams as good or better than you to gain significant points. It is true that new teams can gain points quickly as you earn 300 points for beating a higher ranked team but points only last one year so that only lasts for first year. It’s not perfect but it’s a reasonable barometer. A top 10 team is a good team because it has to beat top teams to get to that ranking. Tournament point values are based on the quality of the teams. There isnt a finite amount of points. In a certain tournament, the highest ranking team winning will earn a lot less points than if the lowest ranking team wins.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Badjohn152 #711242 08/20/18 11:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
The Answer is simple....If you are playing to finish high place in a tournament...than seeding matters....If you are playing to win....The seeding does not matter.

This is the mentality for highest level of competitors.


I think you are missing the original point: if your team has not been credited properly with deserved points, you run the risk of being placed in a flight that is below the right level.

So seeding, and thus points, matter in this case if you want to play an appropriately HIGH level of opponents.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711243 08/20/18 11:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most have no idea how gotsoccer points are calculated. If you beat lower ranked teams you will get little to no points for winning a tournament. You need to beat teams as good or better than you to gain significant points. It is true that new teams can gain points quickly as you earn 300 points for beating a higher ranked team but points only last one year so that only lasts for first year. It’s not perfect but it’s a reasonable barometer. A top 10 team is a good team because it has to beat top teams to get to that ranking. Tournament point values are based on the quality of the teams. There isnt a finite amount of points. In a certain tournament, the highest ranking team winning will earn a lot less points than if the lowest ranking team wins.


The problem is that only the top 5 teams in a particular competition matter. So you have the case of the top EDP divisions that have 4-5 great teams and 4-5 mediocre teams. The mediocre teams that finish at the upper part of the bottom half of the table get a ton of points even if the only win a handful of games over the course of the year. They piggy back on the rankings of the better teams and end up over-seeded in tournaments and get crushed.

DUSC 2005 was 2-2-11 last year in the EDP North 1st division and picked up 3000 points. They played in the EDP Spring Cup and 0-3 with -11 goal differential and 0-3 in the Jeff Cup with a -9 goal differential.

Hard to argue that they wouldn't have been better off getting fewer points and playing in more appropriate tournament divisions.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711244 08/21/18 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most have no idea how gotsoccer points are calculated. If you beat lower ranked teams you will get little to no points for winning a tournament. You need to beat teams as good or better than you to gain significant points. It is true that new teams can gain points quickly as you earn 300 points for beating a higher ranked team but points only last one year so that only lasts for first year. It’s not perfect but it’s a reasonable barometer. A top 10 team is a good team because it has to beat top teams to get to that ranking. Tournament point values are based on the quality of the teams. There isnt a finite amount of points. In a certain tournament, the highest ranking team winning will earn a lot less points than if the lowest ranking team wins.


The problem is that only the top 5 teams in a particular competition matter. So you have the case of the top EDP divisions that have 4-5 great teams and 4-5 mediocre teams. The mediocre teams that finish at the upper part of the bottom half of the table get a ton of points even if the only win a handful of games over the course of the year. They piggy back on the rankings of the better teams and end up over-seeded in tournaments and get crushed.

DUSC 2005 was 2-2-11 last year in the EDP North 1st division and picked up 3000 points. They played in the EDP Spring Cup and 0-3 with -11 goal differential and 0-3 in the Jeff Cup with a -9 goal differential.

Hard to argue that they wouldn't have been better off getting fewer points and playing in more appropriate tournament divisions.


When a team has a low amount of points, it is easier to earn which is what happened with DUSC as the point reduction was a low amount as their point total was low. Half their points will expire this month and the team will drop down to where it belongs. It’s surprising that they weren’t relegated after the Fall season. Actually, they shouldn’t have been placed in the first division Originally. The other issue with the age group is that there are not many high level teams in NYE if less than 5000 points resulted in a top 15 ranking which may be the reason they were able to get into the first division. This team will lose its points soon and will need to win to earn it back. They will not be in the high brackets going forward. The system is not perfect, that I agree with.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Larry Miller #711248 08/21/18 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast Napoli 05 got >2000 of their 3945 points for winning a 4-team flight at the Friends of Renz tournament where each of the 3 other teams was 06 playing up.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711252 08/21/18 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Coast Napoli 05 got >2000 of their 3945 points for winning a 4-team flight at the Friends of Renz tournament where each of the 3 other teams was 06 playing up.


Earning points against younger team seems to be a significant weakness. There should be some factor that eliminates the ability for this to happen or at least reduce the point value significantly for the older team.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711255 08/21/18 01:23 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
B
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
B
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Seeding and points are only designed to keep people like you and me (most probably you) as fans and parents of this game to keep them talking /gossiping (like fake news).

High caliber athletes (meaning world class athletes) receive mindset training. Part of mindset training includes in summary not paying any attention to what rankings tell you or what seed someone is. Your job is to steamroll ahead knock off anyone in your way.

You will never go anywhere or achieve great things worrying about seeds or rankings.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Badjohn152 #711256 08/21/18 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
Seeding and points are only designed to keep people like you and me (most probably you) as fans and parents of this game to keep them talking /gossiping (like fake news).

High caliber athletes (meaning world class athletes) receive mindset training. Part of mindset training includes in summary not paying any attention to what rankings tell you or what seed someone is. Your job is to steamroll ahead knock off anyone in your way.

You will never go anywhere or achieve great things worrying about seeds or rankings.


Are you purposefully being dense or are you in such a rush to post asinine comments that you don't actually read the pats you are replying to?

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711261 08/21/18 03:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
B
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
B
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
Seeding and points are only designed to keep people like you and me (most probably you) as fans and parents of this game to keep them talking /gossiping (like fake news).

High caliber athletes (meaning world class athletes) receive mindset training. Part of mindset training includes in summary not paying any attention to what rankings tell you or what seed someone is. Your job is to steamroll ahead knock off anyone in your way.

You will never go anywhere or achieve great things worrying about seeds or rankings.


Are you purposefully being dense or are you in such a rush to post asinine comments that you don't actually read the pats you are replying to?




Sorry, I'm used to competing at a high level. You can continue to worry about seeds and rankings (especially if I'm in your bracket). I prey on weaklings like you. I'm sure you are a Hillary supporter as well.

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Badjohn152 #711268 08/21/18 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
Seeding and points are only designed to keep people like you and me (most probably you) as fans and parents of this game to keep them talking /gossiping (like fake news).

High caliber athletes (meaning world class athletes) receive mindset training. Part of mindset training includes in summary not paying any attention to what rankings tell you or what seed someone is. Your job is to steamroll ahead knock off anyone in your way.

You will never go anywhere or achieve great things worrying about seeds or rankings.


Are you purposefully being dense or are you in such a rush to post asinine comments that you don't actually read the pats you are replying to?




Sorry, I'm used to competing at a high level. You can continue to worry about seeds and rankings (especially if I'm in your bracket). I prey on weaklings like you. I'm sure you are a Hillary supporter as well.


Your kid, you mean, right? You know that you’re not actually the one competing, right? This is bout the kids, ight?

Re: B2005 BU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Anonymous #711271 08/21/18 10:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a National champion in a real sport buddy, Still competing, and coaching. When you see a guy with cauliflower ear at the next soccer tournament . It is probably me. I’ll be cheering the for the goalie. A real position that takes guts to play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!