Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:31 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:18 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 08:48 PM
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 05:40 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
EDP League & EDP Futures Applied Teams - so far
#709861 07/13/18 09:35 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Below are the applied teams for EDP League and Futures for the upcoming season. Please make sure that all of your teams are registered correctly and are in the correct age groups for next season.

If you have a 7U-15U team that is not registered and plans on playing the Fall, please make sure they are registered by July 15th, as bracketing will begin and teams will not be able to be added after that date.

*The deadline for teams playing Optional Late Fall and Spring is October 1.

EDP League Applied Teams - 11U-19U
EDP League Registration 11U-19U

A few reminders about player carding for next season:
-Player passes for EDP League and Futures will be through US Youth Soccer.
-Club pass players can be used in all states, allowing for easy player movement within a club for league games.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: EDP League & EDP Futures Applied Teams - so far
Larry Miller #709868 07/14/18 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How soon after a club applies would they be posted on the website you linked to?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709869 07/14/18 09:03 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
If you registered and do not see your team on the list simply email me privately and I will look into it for you.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709871 07/14/18 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t see fc fury or Alby on there. They have represented that they will be joining EDP. A guy listed yesterday he received an email to that effect.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709873 07/14/18 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s lying . They are lucky to field players at the GDA LEVEL ( FC FURY) . There are no teams ALBERTSON FC OR NE NPL , all left the club

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709874 07/14/18 12:31 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Albertson appears to be quite f’d up.

I heard that their teams were not at the EDP level and have decided to play in the Metro League as I reported yesterday.

Just because the Alby name is in front of the team name doesn’t equal greatness.

Look for a few more Alby players to move to LISC. Seems Meghan is drawing players from Alby and Surf as the rumors of Surf being sold or transferred to new management is out there floating around.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709897 07/14/18 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alby is recruiting anyone they can offering spots without tryouts to those that will come and help fill out their rosters. What a joke they have become. Still the most expensive game in town and still winning nothing. Its just about the money.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709901 07/15/18 07:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I heard that their teams were not at the EDP level and have decided to play in the Metro League as I reported yesterday.

Just because the Alby name is in front of the team name doesn’t equal greatness.

Look for a few more Alby players to move to LISC. Seems Meghan is drawing players from Alby and Surf as the rumors of Surf being sold or transferred to new management is out there floating around.

Are these rumors about Surf legit? Sold/transfered after only two years is surprising if true.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709906 07/15/18 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Are these rumors about Surf legit? Sold/transfered after only two years is surprising if true.

#SUSASTRONG seems to be the logical club to purchase Surf if rumors true

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709913 07/15/18 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NY Surf was created to gain entrance to higher level tournaments for a few teams in Westchester. But within weeks of it's inception it decided to branch out to Long Island in an opportunistic play for former ISA teams during the SUSA acquisition of ISA. It was a terrible mistake by a novice owner that spread their resources too thin. And it only got worse from there as they concentrated on gimmicky promotions such as the tournament for HS teams that had zero chance of working and the hiring of college coaches that had no time to coach. Then they turned to a failing Stony Brook management team that had been driving the Stony Brook program into the ground for the couple of years leading up to that point to somehow make it all work.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709914 07/15/18 12:05 PM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
I took a look at the carding rules and couldn’t find an answer, so I’ll post here: does usclub allow kids to play EDP and Nyclub leagues? Is it club specific? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709916 07/15/18 12:20 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
NO. US Club (NYCSL) and USYSA (EDP) will require you to register with both bodies and pay two separate fees.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709919 07/15/18 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NY Surf was created to gain entrance to higher level tournaments for a few teams in Westchester. But within weeks of it's inception it decided to branch out to Long Island in an opportunistic play for former ISA teams during the SUSA acquisition of ISA. It was a terrible mistake by a novice owner that spread their resources too thin. And it only got worse from there as they concentrated on gimmicky promotions such as the tournament for HS teams that had zero chance of working and the hiring of college coaches that had no time to coach. Then they turned to a failing Stony Brook management team that had been driving the Stony Brook program into the ground for the couple of years leading up to that point to somehow make it all work.

Thanks for your inaccurate description of the Surf history but you didn’t answer the question as I assume you have no knowledge of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709939 07/15/18 05:12 PM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
I obviously didnt state my question very well. My question was whether there was anything in the EDP rules that prohibited a player from playing in a different league. I understand one has to pay the cost for each separate league/club. For example, a few years back the NYCFC Pre Development Academy prohibited kids from playing in other league and for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709941 07/15/18 05:47 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
No, there is no restriction. Amateur athletes can not be restricted. Federal law, the Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act covers that issue. Know your [child's] rights.

Attached PDF document
TedStevens.pdf (307.21 KB, 41 downloads)
Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709950 07/15/18 09:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. Throw something out there and then ignore it...good strategy

Like Reply Quote
10nutmeg #709955 07/16/18 08:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 10nutmeg
I obviously didnt state my question very well. My question was whether there was anything in the EDP rules that prohibited a player from playing in a different league. I understand one has to pay the cost for each separate league/club. For example, a few years back the NYCFC Pre Development Academy prohibited kids from playing in other league and for other clubs.

As long as they aren't under the same umbrella there's nothing restricting it. Sure clubs can tell you can't, but you can tell them to take a flying leap off a bridge. What they then can do then is make life difficult for your kid if they aren't making all their commitments to practices and games. If they aren't there then their playing time gets cut. That's not unreasonable and only fair to the kids who are there. At the younger ages doing two local teams may be workable, but once you're into leagues with more travel it usally becomes untenable.

Dual rostering is rarely a good idea - besides the time, money and constant inevitable conflicts, it's exhausting for the player.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710078 07/18/18 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Fall season start for U15 and up?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710081 07/18/18 04:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Fall season start for U15 and up?

U15 was given the option of choosing full fall or late fall seasons, so it depends on which one you signed up for.

U16 and up is late fall only.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710183 07/20/18 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so a kid can play for team A edp and team b in metro ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710188 07/21/18 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so a kid can play for team A edp and team b in metro ?

Yes, EDP uses USYSA passes while NYCSL Metro uses US Club passes so you can play on both teams even if they are from two different clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710211 07/22/18 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess the Surf purchaser / transfer rumors mentioned earlier in this thread were erroneous as expected.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710213 07/22/18 12:30 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
So I guess the Surf purchaser / transfer rumors mentioned earlier in this thread were erroneous as expected.

Maybe no one wants to buy it or take it over...nothing erroneous just a bad business deal smile

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710214 07/22/18 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe no one wants to buy it or take it over...nothing erroneous just a bad business deal smile

The Girls side seems to have some value. The boys are virtually non existent. Possibility that they go under?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710226 07/23/18 06:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Girls side seems to have some value. The boys are virtually non existent. Possibility that they go under?

TIMEX SOCIAL CLUB!

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!