Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 11/25/20 09:13 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 05:30 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 12:17 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 12:22 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Stephen Roche named LISC Boys’ Development Director
#709574 07/06/18 08:59 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Long Island Soccer Club is pleased today to announce Stephen Roche as its new Boys’ Development Director.

Roche will serve as LISC Academy coach for the 2003 and 2001 teams as well as assisting in the development and recruitment of players with LISC expanding boys program.

“I am beyond excited to join the staff of Long Island Soccer Club,” Roche said. “My responsibilities will be to develop a clear pathway for players to advance from the youth to collegiate level while providing opportunities for players who are talented enough to play professionally both domestically and abroad.”

Roche, who is in his first season as head coach of the Long Island Rough Riders’ Premier Development League franchise, has also served as an assistant men’s coach at Hofstra University since June 2016. The native of Dublin, Ireland, owns a national diploma and an advanced national diploma from the United Soccer Coaches and is advancing his coaching certifications with the United States Soccer Federation.

Roche, who played for the Rough Riders from 2013-17, played professionally with the University College Dublin Football Club in the League of Ireland Premier Division from Jan. 2009 through Nov. 2010. He joined FC New York (United Soccer League) in 2011.

“Stephen is one of the most talented and astute young coaches in the Northeast. He has already experienced tremendous success not only at a youth level but also as a college coach at Hofstra University and at the PDL level with the Rough Riders,” an LISC Director said. “He will provide the boys program at LISC with exceptional leadership both on and off of the field.”

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Stephen Roche named LISC Boys’ Development Director
Larry Miller #709576 07/06/18 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, What's your thoughts on this. I know you haven't hadn't some nice things to say about Stephen in the past.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709579 07/06/18 09:45 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, What's your thoughts on this. I know you haven't hadn't some nice things to say about Stephen in the past.

First of all, I NEVER had anything to say about this guy in the past as I never heard of this guy until I was told about hime about 10 days ago. You are way off base on that comment. You may be thinking of Chris Roche (no relation) where I have made comments.

What do I think? I think he is a fresh new face on the scene and glad Peter didn't drag up one of the many recycled losers you folks are paying good money for with other teams and clubs. The spotlight will be on Stephen Roche and we will see how he does......

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709582 07/06/18 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Long Island Soccer Club is pleased today to announce Stephen Roche as its new Boys’ Development Director.

Roche will serve as LISC Academy coach for the 2003 and 2001 teams as well as assisting in the development and recruitment of players with LISC expanding boys program.

“I am beyond excited to join the staff of Long Island Soccer Club,” Roche said. “My responsibilities will be to develop a clear pathway for players to advance from the youth to collegiate level while providing opportunities for players who are talented enough to play professionally both domestically and abroad.”

Roche, who is in his first season as head coach of the Long Island Rough Riders’ Premier Development League franchise, has also served as an assistant men’s coach at Hofstra University since June 2016. The native of Dublin, Ireland, owns a national diploma and an advanced national diploma from the United Soccer Coaches and is advancing his coaching certifications with the United States Soccer Federation.

Roche, who played for the Rough Riders from 2013-17, played professionally with the University College Dublin Football Club in the League of Ireland Premier Division from Jan. 2009 through Nov. 2010. He joined FC New York (United Soccer League) in 2011.

“Stephen is one of the most talented and astute young coaches in the Northeast. He has already experienced tremendous success not only at a youth level but also as a college coach at Hofstra University and at the PDL level with the Rough Riders,” an LISC Director said. “He will provide the boys program at LISC with exceptional leadership both on and off of the field.”

That LISC Director was 'Director of Coaching Gary Book' on the official press release. Is the inside track still that he is out of the picture?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709585 07/06/18 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, I NEVER had anything to say about this guy in the past as I never heard of this guy until I was told about hime about 10 days ago. You are way off base on that comment. You may be thinking of Chris Roche (no relation) where I have made comments.

What do I think? I think he is a fresh new face on the scene and glad Peter didn't drag up one of the many recycled losers you folks are paying good money for with other teams and clubs. The spotlight will be on Stephen Roche and we will see how he does......

Not true he has been around for a while. He is a good guy and a decent coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709590 07/06/18 11:09 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

That LISC Director was 'Director of Coaching Gary Book' on the official press release. Is the inside track still that he is out of the picture?

A totally useless person.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709966 07/16/18 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will they have tryouts and who is coaching the other ages.

Are these team DA status

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710020 07/17/18 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will they have tryouts and who is coaching the other ages.

Are these team DA status

Boys do not have DA only girls
Boys will plsy in EDP pe4 announcement

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710056 07/17/18 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not seen any of the LISC boys teams listed on the applied teams in EDP for Fall. Are they definitely playing in that league?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710065 07/18/18 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same Roche from Massapequa?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710082 07/18/18 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, he’s from Massapequa.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710084 07/18/18 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not seen any of the LISC boys teams listed on the applied teams in EDP for Fall. Are they definitely playing in that league?

LONG ISLAND SC BOYS ACADEMY TALENT ID TRYOUTS

Thursday August 2nd, 2018

7:15p-8:30p | 2004 Boys | 2003 Boys | 2002 Boys | 2001 Boys

Location: Long Island SC Clubhouse | 1425 Old Country Rd Plainview, NY 11803

- Located on the grounds of the Peter Collins LIJSL Soccer Park.

The first step to become a world-class player is to first evaluate one’s playing ability. Take ownership and maximize your window of development to become an elite soccer player by participating in the Long Island SC Boys' Academy Talent ID Tryout.

In the Fall of 2018 LISC will be participating in the newly formed US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences which will offer an expected two tiers of divisions in addition to the existing EDP programming. This will provide local/regional regular season league play, cup competition and regional/national showcase events, with top teams advancing directly into the US Youth Soccer National League and the Regional Championships in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series (NCS). Club v. club and team v. team models will both be offered in US Youth Soccer EDP Conferences.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710136 07/19/18 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LONG ISLAND SC BOYS ACADEMY TALENT ID TRYOUTS

Thursday August 2nd, 2018

7:15p-8:30p | 2004 Boys | 2003 Boys | 2002 Boys | 2001 Boys

Location: Long Island SC Clubhouse | 1425 Old Country Rd Plainview, NY 11803

- Located on the grounds of the Peter Collins LIJSL Soccer Park.

The first step to become a world-class player is to first evaluate one’s playing ability. Take ownership and maximize your window of development to become an elite soccer player by participating in the Long Island SC Boys' Academy Talent ID Tryout.

In the Fall of 2018 LISC will be participating in the newly formed US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences which will offer an expected two tiers of divisions in addition to the existing EDP programming. This will provide local/regional regular season league play, cup competition and regional/national showcase events, with top teams advancing directly into the US Youth Soccer National League and the Regional Championships in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series (NCS). Club v. club and team v. team models will both be offered in US Youth Soccer EDP Conferences.

Anyone attending these tryouts? I would think that by August everyone has a team already.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #710484 07/29/18 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter trained with him over the winter. Good sessions, knowledgeable. I like him. Good guy.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710486 07/30/18 05:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2003 and up are late fall only and 2004 has the option of playing late fall only. Teams playing late fall don't have to sign up until October.

That being said it is awfully late for them to be still trying to put together teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #710487 07/30/18 07:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2003 and up are late fall only and 2004 has the option of playing late fall only. Teams playing late fall don't have to sign up until October.

That being said it is awfully late for them to be still trying to put together teams.

Not enough players on most teams at most clubs

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!