Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 05:52 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 04:01 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 01:56 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 01:24 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:37 AM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Girls ECNL Announces 2018-2019 Membership
#709456 07/03/18 01:56 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
RICHMOND, VA (July 3, 2018) – Today the Girls Elite Clubs National League is excited to announce the clubs that will participate in the Girls ECNL for the 2018-2019 season.

Each member club will participate in conference competition at six age groups (U13 – U18/19), with National Showcase Events and a post-season playoff structure specific to the needs of each age group.  Beyond the competition platform, top players from each club will be eligible to participate in Girls ECNL Player Development Program events, the Girls ECNL National Training Camp, and Girls ECNL National Selection programming.  Additionally, coaches from every member club have the opportunity to participate in incredible coaching education programs offered both domestically and internationally by the Girls ECNL.

Heading into its 10th season, the Girls ECNL remains the top youth development and competition platform for youth female soccer players, teams, and clubs in the United States.

“We are thrilled to have the commitment, support, and total buy-in from so many clubs of exceptional quality throughout the country,” said Girls ECNL President Christian Lavers.  “Since 2009, our league has worked hand-in-hand with the top clubs and their leadership from all over the United States to create the best possible environment for holistic development of the nation’s top players.  The 2018-19 season will, in many ways, provide the best experience yet for the players, coaches, teams, and clubs in the Girls ECNL.”

Reflecting the quality of play within the league, the Girls ECNL’s Class of 2018 once again features more than 1,100 graduating seniors moving on to college soccer next season, with more than 800 going to Division I programs.  Since 2015, more than 3,900 ECNL alums have moved on to collegiate soccer, and in the fall of 2017 Girls ECNL alums accounted for 158 All-Conference honorees and 13 Player of the Year awards in the Power 5 alone, making the league the undisputed and unmatched pathway to college.  Beyond college, Girls ECNL alums made up 65% of the entire 2018 NWSL draft, marking the league’s incredible impact on professional women’s soccer as well.

The 2018-19 season will mark a decade of the Girls ECNL and its mission to Raise the Game in all aspects of the youth female club environment.  In these ten years, anchored by the league’s Core Values of Innovation, Respect, Development, Opportunity, and Excellence, the Girls ECNL has transformed the landscape of youth female soccer and raised the standard of play and coaching across the country.  Together in 2018-19, the Girls ECNL and its member clubs will continue to be leaders in the game, leaders in development of players, teams, and clubs of the highest quality, and champions of holistic development in a player-centric experience.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: The Girls ECNL Announces 2018-2019 Membership
Larry Miller #709462 07/03/18 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Raise the Game, you mean raise the price???

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709479 07/04/18 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does it claim to be the top development program when GDA showcase/playoff events attract 100% more Division 1 coaches than ECNL showcase/playoff events? At least based on the last 3 GDA events and last 3 ECNL events. And that is generous as it includes assistant coaches.

Stop spinning lies.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709482 07/04/18 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my profound assessment, confirmed by my daughter, who would know better than most:

ECNL is for the best
GDA is for the best of the best

Happy Fourth!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709483 07/04/18 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is my profound assessment, confirmed by my daughter, who would know better than most:

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

I would added in "supposed to be" for your clause about GDA. Too bad that isn't true in the Northeast where we play. The reality is that GDA is the some of the best and some of the worst of the best. The quality in GDA is so lopsided within teams and then also within clubs, it makes the whole league a bit of a joke. Are you really going to say that Alby GDA is going to be the best of the best? They were last in ECNL last year and now lost even more players. They are so desperate, they are taking anyone that is willing to write the checks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709487 07/04/18 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

I would added in "supposed to be" for your clause about GDA. Too bad that isn't true in the Northeast where we play. The reality is that GDA is the some of the best and some of the worst of the best. The quality in GDA is so lopsided within teams and then also within clubs, it makes the whole league a bit of a joke. Are you really going to say that Alby GDA is going to be the best of the best? They were last in ECNL last year and now lost even more players. They are so desperate, they are taking anyone that is willing to write the checks.

Why you trolling me bro? Who cares what club I am from, its my kids opinion, and she knows better than you grandpa.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709488 07/04/18 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

Why you trolling me bro? Who cares what club I am from, its my kids opinion, and she knows better than you grandpa.

Around here, PDA has consistently been the best club producing the best players. I'll take their word (or actions) any day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709491 07/04/18 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

Around here, PDA has consistently been the best club producing the best players. I'll take their word (or actions) any day.

PDA’s decision had more to do with the substitution rules of GDA. PDA have so many quality players as well as teams they know from an economic standpoint when you have a roster of 20 plus players and you can only use 5 substitutions which includes goalie substitutions. What happens to player 17 and up? That just didn’t work for PDA or FC Stars. Both had discussions with US Soccer and could not come up with a compromise therefore they went back to ECNL that modified there rules and is now allowing them 2 teams for those age brackets. PDA’s true ECNL team will be the DA team and the other team will be the “B team”. So now they have over 40 players playing ECNL and paying there full fees with no substitution rules. Money rules folks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709492 07/04/18 04:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

They have? Really? Please elaborate

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709500 07/04/18 06:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

Thank you, and how is the Lemming family doing these days, how are the little lemmings??

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709502 07/04/18 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

ECNL is for the best

Happy Fourth!!!

There really is no need to elaborate. There depth of talent at every age group speaks for itself. Go look at the college commitments from the last 4 years, that speaks for itself. The draw players from the entire metropolitan area, LI, Westchester, Rockland County, New Jersey, PA & Delaware. No other club in this area has that kind of draw. The better question is what are the top 5 ranked clubs in Region 1?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709504 07/04/18 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College commits does not speak to talent per se. Please show me all the Youth NT players and top level recruits. Not interested in volume or depth. The quote was

Around here, PDA has consistently been the best club producing the best players.

Please show me these BEST players that are so much better that Furys best. Or NYCFCs best. How many more YNTs do they have than Stars? How many played on the recent U17 Concacaf qualifying? How many more top 10 recruits do they have than Breakers? How many on the U20s prepping for the WC?

Exactly. Dont confuse depth with BEST. You just said

They draw players from the entire metropolitan area, LI, Westchester, Rockland County, New Jersey, PA & Delaware

So essentially your point is they take players from everyone else and DONT turn them into YNT players any more frequently than anyone esle. They dont turn them into top 10s anymore than anyone else.

But hey, they get them committed to the same schools they were going to before they joined - GREAT marketing.

A guy like you even believes they are the BEST

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709505 07/04/18 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. 90% of these ECNL and GDA players will wind up playing in D3 or at best a lower level D1 school - which is totally fine and respected but please for your own sanity and the happiness of your child stop lining the pockets of these clubs, trainers and leagues. Until they stop looking at us an ATM we will continue to be abused

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709513 07/05/18 08:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. 90% of these ECNL and GDA players will wind up playing in D3 or at best a lower level D1 school - which is totally fine and respected but please for your own sanity and the happiness of your child stop lining the pockets of these clubs, trainers and leagues. Until they stop looking at us an ATM we will continue to be abused

Best comment of the week. Measure success at youth clubs by the happiness of the kids (and maybe parents) not the YNT, D1, blah blah.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709518 07/05/18 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best comment of the week. Measure success at youth clubs by the happiness of the kids (and maybe parents) not the YNT, D1, blah blah.

Your comment is fine if you consider sport purely a social/ leisure activity. If you want more than that then happiness is part of it , but there are so many other things you are looking for. A chance to get better would be one of them. Any elite sporting track should have happiness, but also moments of disappointment and failure. To think that you can define a clubs quality by happiness alone is to not understand the nature of sports .

when people type best this or top that, it is very fair to debate what that means. happiness is not really the only measure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #709519 07/05/18 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]College commits does not speak to talent per se. Please show me all the Youth NT players and top level recruits. Not interested in volume or depth. The quote was

Around here, PDA has consistently been the best club producing the best players.

Please show me these BEST players that are so much better that Furys best. Or NYCFCs best. How many more YNTs do they have than Stars? How many played on the recent U17 Concacaf qualifying? How many more top 10 recruits do they have than Breakers? How many on the U20s prepping for the WC?

They draw players from the entire metropolitan area, LI, Westchester, Rockland County, New Jersey, PA & Delaware

So essentially your point is they take players from everyone else and DONT turn them into YNT players any more frequently than anyone esle. They dont turn them into top 10s anymore than anyone else.

But hey, they get them committed to the same schools they were going to before they joined - GREAT marketing.

There is no confusion on my part. When you use as a Barca meter of success how many of these players are part of the YNT would be like comparing Ivy League schools by asking how many of these students go on to be Rhodes scholars. What makes programs such as PDA, SoCal, Legends, Top Hat, Michigan Hawks so success is the “depth” of talent that you are so dismissive about. All the top training academies in Europe, South America, Latin America care about is have as highly competitive players as possible to train together. If training goes well for the week then they get to play a game over the weekend as a reward. The commitments to colleges are a byproduct of these clubs who attract the best highly committed players regardless where they come from and where they started. All you need to know is that to continue there development they go to play for these clubs I mentioned. Depth of talent makes for the type of training GDAVis looking for on a daily basis. Having similar player committed to the highest level 3-4 times a week is what will make a player better. You measure players that become YNT players which makes no sense. Plenty of players aspire to get to that level but that has nothing to do with club training. Those players are identified at an early age. Very few if any are all of a sudden found at U16 or higher. As far as commitments go these teams attract more top 20 P5 programs than the vast majority. I have been on the sidelines of these clubs teams at ECNL & DA events and the sidelines are filled on both sides with colleges.

The success of a program like PDA is when they make a move it’s a big deal in the soccer community. Success is they can field 2 highly competitive ECNL teams with players gladly to play on the “B’ ECNL team knowing the training will be to a higher standard than the vast majority of teams in this area. A person like you have a problem with programs that place that type of demand on players in a competitive atmosphere when you use YNT as your example of excellence.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709531 07/05/18 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]College commits does not speak to talent per se. Please show me all the Youth NT players and top level recruits. Not interested in volume or depth. The quote was

There is no confusion on my part. When you use as a Barca meter of success how many of these players are part of the YNT would be like comparing Ivy League schools by asking how many of these students go on to be Rhodes scholars. What makes programs such as PDA, SoCal, Legends, Top Hat, Michigan Hawks so success is the “depth” of talent that you are so dismissive about. All the top training academies in Europe, South America, Latin America care about is have as highly competitive players as possible to train together. If training goes well for the week then they get to play a game over the weekend as a reward. The commitments to colleges are a byproduct of these clubs who attract the best highly committed players regardless where they come from and where they started. All you need to know is that to continue there development they go to play for these clubs I mentioned. Depth of talent makes for the type of training GDAVis looking for on a daily basis. Having similar player committed to the highest level 3-4 times a week is what will make a player better. You measure players that become YNT players which makes no sense. Plenty of players aspire to get to that level but that has nothing to do with club training. Those players are identified at an early age. Very few if any are all of a sudden found at U16 or higher. As far as commitments go these teams attract more top 20 P5 programs than the vast majority. I have been on the sidelines of these clubs teams at ECNL & DA events and the sidelines are filled on both sides with colleges.

The success of a program like PDA is when they make a move it’s a big deal in the soccer community. Success is they can field 2 highly competitive ECNL teams with players gladly to play on the “B’ ECNL team knowing the training will be to a higher standard than the vast majority of teams in this area. A person like you have a problem with programs that place that type of demand on players in a competitive atmosphere when you use YNT as your example of excellence.

I am not dismissive of it, i just know that depth is not development. Depth is usually created by taking another Clubs player and killing 2 birds with one stone. To me, that is not a measure of best. its a measure of great marketing, a wide recruiting area and other factors that have little to do with what the Club does with those players after acquiring them. Depth feeds the myths because it usually leads to wins in an ECNL frequent substitution league.

I bring up YNTs etc because IF a player is already in them and goes to PDA , surely with all the best in class training, she should remain involved (all other factors being equal).

Your comments on top academies is not accurate. they care about producing ELITE talent. They make MONEY by selling that talent. No one is interested in depth, they have their own depth.

You are putting words in my mouth. I did not measure PLAYERS. I asked for the OP to tell me what tangible objective measure they used for the word BEST. Depth is NOT best.

Several of the players a PDA adds at u16 and above are already committed, so again, what are they actually doing? What measure are you going to use to determine improvement if its NOT making YNTs, Best Xis etc. How are you ascribing value to what they do?

as fas as IDed at an early age , sorry, but no. Even if the ones that are. like several at PDA were/are , the ones who stand out stick around. Surely that is a function of many things but one oif them is how well they play relative to others. You cant just dismiss it as easily as you seem to want to.

The number of Colleges is irrelevant as a measure of BEST and PDA are NOT drawing any more Colleges than anyone else.

They have non fielded 2 teams yet and so how on earth you are willing to call them successful already is beyond me. Your last paragraph is pretty poor. The training is not better, i have no issue with anything other than those who talk about things being the BEST with no justification at all other than reputation and hearsay.

PDA are a very successful Club, but they are not close to what you describe anymore. Dilution has hit them like everyone else. I could name several really high level players in the area that they could not recruit becasue there is no need to leave their home Clubs to get what PDA offer them. The only real reason to go to PDA if you are already a top level player is to win more games.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #709544 07/05/18 05:44 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
First ENPL national champion crowned, eight teams qualify for ENPL National Finals next week and Boys Eastern NPL Finals titles awarded in Massachusetts
LANCASTER, Mass. (July 5, 2018) – A flurry of competition at Progin Park in Lancaster, Mass., June 29-July 3, resulted in the first-ever ENPL national championship, qualifications for eight teams to next week's ENPL National Finals in Colorado and four NPL titles to Boys Eastern NPL Finals winners.

This is the inaugural season of the Elite National Premier League (ENPL). The postseason pathway stems from a collaboration between US Club Soccer and the ECNL to elevate the youth soccer landscape among 14-U through 19-U boys age groups. Sixteen qualifying competitions – made up of NPLs and Boys ECNL Conferences – throughout the country are focused on winning their regular season competitions and advancing to the ENPL postseason, where national championships are awarded.

"I can't put my finger on it, but it does feel different," said Kevin Payne, US Club Soccer CEO/Executive Director. "I think part of it is that we have the right teams playing at the right level. In the past, sometimes you had teams that were at a much higher level playing against teams that were not quite at that level, and those games weren't as good. But, by bifurcating it and having an ENPL division and an NPL division, the games in both are better. The competition level is more equal. We think we've really hit on something, and we're going to continue to work to make it better."

19-U ENPL National Finals:
While the 14-U through 17-U ENPL competitors participate in a two-stage postseason that began with the ENPL Eastern Playoffs and ENPL Western Playoffs this past week, qualifying teams from the 19-U division competed in a single-stage national final alongside the ENPL Eastern Playoffs, June 29-July 3.

The 19-U ENPL National Finals was arguably the fiercest in terms of top-to-bottom strength of schedule, geographical diversity and mounting pressure with a national title up for grabs among 16 teams. Ohio Premier SC (Boys ECNL Midwest Conference) triumphed over the field, winning all five of its games by a margin of only seven total goals. "We were blown away," said Ohio Premier SC coach Travis Wall when asked about the NPL and Boys ECNL opponents his team faced. "It was really competitive. The teams here made it very difficult for us. It was a grind."

ENPL Eastern Playoffs (14-U through 17-U):
The ENPL Eastern Playoffs, meanwhile, also concluded on July 3, but for those 14-U through 17-U teams, the ultimate prize in Massachusetts was to finish in the top two of their respective age groups and claim a spot at the ENPL National Finals, July 13-14 in Aurora, Colo., where 16 total teams (eight from Massachusetts and eight from the Western ENPL Playoffs in San Diego) will compete for ENPL national championships.

The complete alphabetical list of qualified teams to the ENPL National Finals in Colorado is as follows, with ENPL Eastern Playoffs competitors highlighted with asterisks:

• 14-U division
  • GPS Florida West (Florida NPL)*
  • Phoenix Rising FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference)
  • TSC Hurricane (Boys ECNL Texas Conference)
  • Valeo FC (NEP - NPL Division)*

• 15-U division
  • Napa Soccer Academy (NorCal NPL)
  • Phoenix Rising FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference)
  • SAC Showcase Premier (EDP - NPL Division)*
  • Tennessee SC (Boys ECNL Southeast Conference)*

• 16-U division
  • GPS MA Elite (NEP - NPL Division)*
  • Penn Fusion SA (Boys ECNL Northeast Conference)*
  • San Diego Surf (NPL West)
  • Texans Houston (USC - NPL Division)

• 17-U division
  • Brentwood SC (NYCSL - NPL Division)*
  • Classics Elite (Boys ECNL Texas Conference)
  • Slammers FC (Boys ECNL Southwest Conference)
  • Tampa Bay United (Boys ECNL Southeast Conference)*

The ENPL Eastern Playoffs was an optimal tournament for college coaches to scout for potential additions to their programs. College coaches peppered the sidelines at Progin Park, particularly for games in the older age groups, featuring "many college-ready athletes."

In Massachusetts, the NEP – NPL Division and Boys ECNL Southeast Conference were the only qualifying competitions to secure more than one representative for Colorado. Florida NPL, NYCSL – NPL Division, EDP – NPL Division and Boys ECNL Northeast Conferences will also be represented at the ENPL National Finals.

Boys NPL Finals (15-U through 19-U):
After the ENPL, the next tier of competition at the same venue took place: the Boys Eastern NPL Finals. The complete alphabetical list of 2018 Boys NPL Finals champions is as follows, including the winners from the corresponding Boys Western NPL Finals in San Diego:

• 15-U Boys Eastern NPL Finals champion: Match Fit Academy FC (N.J.; Boys ECNL Northeast Conference)
  • 15-U Boys Western NPL Finals champion: Lou Fusz SC (Mo.; Central States NPL)
  • 16-U Boys Eastern NPL Finals champion: Delaware FC (Del.; EDP-NPL Division)
  • 16-U Boys Western NPL Finals champion: Apple Valley SC Storm Academy (Calif.; Southern California NPL)
  • 17-U Boys Eastern NPL Finals champion: Alabama FC (Ala.; Boys ECNL Southeast Conference)
  • 17-U Boys Western NPL Finals champion: FC Wisconsin (Wis.; Boys ECNL Midwest Conference)
  • 19-U Boys NPL Finals champion: Lou Fusz SC (Mo.; Central States NPL)

In a show of parity, only one league grabbed more than one NPL championship: the Central States NPL, led by Lou Fusz SC. There is no advancement for these winners beyond their respective Eastern or Western NPL Finals.

13-U ENPL event:
Finally, there was also a 13-U ENPL showcase-like event that was optional for teams that play into ENPL qualifying competitions. NEFC (NEP – NPL Division) edged SUSA (NYCSL – NPL Division) in the final of the 13-U bracket after advancing past Atletico FC (NYCSL – NPL Division) and Virginia Soccer Association (Virginia NPL).

A full recap of the ENPL Western Playoffs and Boys Western NPL Finals will be available tomorrow (Friday, July 6) on elitenationalpremierleague.com.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!