Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |


Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:31 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:18 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 08:48 PM
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 05:40 PM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
#708236 06/11/18 08:20 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
BOTN has been advised that Riley a/k/a Slick is apparently not telling the truth to his unsuspecting and gullible Albertson parents that Riley is telling these parents that the LISC two Girls’ DA teams will not advance next season to play in the older age group. This is coming from a prominent parent / player who has decided to leave Riley. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Riley’s spin is why would you play for LISC knowing that you won’t have GDA after U15. MORE SLICK BULL [****].

FACT, each year LISC will add a team having 4 teams in each age group in two years.

LISC will be updating and re-hosting tryouts for next week.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708259 06/11/18 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry this is somewhat off topic, but regarding LISC...what are they? Got email from them about "ID sessions" but know nothing about them. Are they DA on boys side too?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708267 06/11/18 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTN has been advised that Riley a/k/a Slick is apparently not telling the truth to his unsuspecting and gullible Albertson parents that Riley is telling these parents that the LISC two Girls’ DA teams will not advance next season to play in the older age group. This is coming from a prominent parent / player who has decided to leave Riley. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Riley’s spin is why would you play for LISC knowing that you won’t have GDA after U15. MORE SLICK BULL [****].

FACT, each year LISC will add a team having 4 teams in each age group in two years.

LISC will be updating and re-hosting tryouts for next week.


Thank you for the information. My kid attended a LISC ID session last week. Could you please elaborate regarding what you mean by LISC updating and "re-hosting" tryouts next week. Thanks, again.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708268 06/11/18 12:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTN has been advised that Riley a/k/a Slick is apparently not telling the truth to his unsuspecting and gullible Albertson parents that Riley is telling these parents that the LISC two Girls’ DA teams will not advance next season to play in the older age group. This is coming from a prominent parent / player who has decided to leave Riley. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Riley’s spin is why would you play for LISC knowing that you won’t have GDA after U15. MORE SLICK BULL [****].

FACT, each year LISC will add a team having 4 teams in each age group in two years.

LISC will be updating and re-hosting tryouts for next week.


Thank you for the information. My kid attended a LISC ID session last week. Could you please elaborate regarding what you mean by LISC updating and "re-hosting" tryouts next week. Thanks, again.


It appears that LISC is still holding tryouts and will be announcing the times, dates, and location shortly for next week's tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708269 06/11/18 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTN has been advised that Riley a/k/a Slick is apparently not telling the truth to his unsuspecting and gullible Albertson parents that Riley is telling these parents that the LISC two Girls’ DA teams will not advance next season to play in the older age group. This is coming from a prominent parent / player who has decided to leave Riley. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Riley’s spin is why would you play for LISC knowing that you won’t have GDA after U15. MORE SLICK BULL [****].

FACT, each year LISC will add a team having 4 teams in each age group in two years.

LISC will be updating and re-hosting tryouts for next week.


Thank you for the information. My kid attended a LISC ID session last week. Could you please elaborate regarding what you mean by LISC updating and "re-hosting" tryouts next week. Thanks, again.


It appears that LISC is still holding tryouts and will be announcing the times, dates, and location shortly for next week's tryouts.

Maks sense as the id session was not crowded. Do you also think that some of Albertson parents (existing DA and former ECNL now being asked to go to DA or tryout this week at Albertson DA) are not happy with what has transpired at Albertson the last few weeks and may prefer to play DA/ECNL somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708274 06/11/18 12:55 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
I know if I were an ECNL Alby parent I would be very pissed and gone. I dont like being played, do you?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708276 06/11/18 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I know if I were an ECNL Alby parent I would be very pissed and gone. I dont like being played, do you?


There were certainly some upset parents at the ALBY meeting. At the end of the day you have to weigh a lot of factors to determine where is best for her. Where does she like to play? Where the best coach for her is? Where is she given the best opportunity to reach her potential? What her goals are?

Just because I might not be happy with what PR did, that doesn't mean I would make my daughter play someplace else if she is happy where she is and she likes her coach and the coach is someone you feel is teaching her the game properly. Keep your daughter away from all the nonsense that goes on and let her have fun and play the game she loves.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708288 06/11/18 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the latest from from one Albertson parent - Albertson charges their training fees on the 1st of the month, the last being June 1st AFTER the season was over promising extra practices for June.

However, most if not all of those practices have been cancelled for one reason or another. Are those parents getting their money back? I THINK NOT! Slick is taking those money bags back to his GDA bank. Albertson billing their longtime players a la customers knowing full well that they don't intend to produce any practices?

I would like to hear more on this latest caper.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708289 06/11/18 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the latest from from one Albertson parent - Albertson charges their training fees on the 1st of the month, the last being June 1st AFTER the season was over promising extra practices for June.

However, most if not all of those practices have been cancelled for one reason or another. Are those parents getting their money back? I THINK NOT! Slick is taking those money bags back to his GDA bank. Albertson billing their longtime players a la customers knowing full well that they don't intend to produce any practices?

I would like to hear more on this latest caper.


Base on the above and the other developments over the past few weeks, what are your thoughts on LISC GDA as an alternative to Sic's(Slick's( "ALL IN" GDA?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708297 06/11/18 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the latest from from one Albertson parent - Albertson charges their training fees on the 1st of the month, the last being June 1st AFTER the season was over promising extra practices for June.

However, most if not all of those practices have been cancelled for one reason or another. Are those parents getting their money back? I THINK NOT! Slick is taking those money bags back to his GDA bank. Albertson billing their longtime players a la customers knowing full well that they don't intend to produce any practices?

I would like to hear more on this latest caper.


Those extra practices are this week to coincide with the GDA try outs; to have the illusions that there is a vast amount of interest in the GDA program . Every one I spoke to has no plans to play GDA . Most of the girls want to play HS soccer . However if slick would give us all waivers GDA would be no problem . IMO players and parents are totally disgusted In PR and this entire club , but for a majority of us we are stuck here because our kids are 2002-2000 . It’s too late in the game to change clubs . Believe me NO ONE IS THAT HAPPY . Does anyone like to be lied to ? Betrayed ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708303 06/11/18 08:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the latest from from one Albertson parent - Albertson charges their training fees on the 1st of the month, the last being June 1st AFTER the season was over promising extra practices for June.

However, most if not all of those practices have been cancelled for one reason or another. Are those parents getting their money back? I THINK NOT! Slick is taking those money bags back to his GDA bank. Albertson billing their longtime players a la customers knowing full well that they don't intend to produce any practices?

I would like to hear more on this latest caper.


Those extra practices are this week to coincide with the GDA try outs; to have the illusions that there is a vast amount of interest in the GDA program . Every one I spoke to has no plans to play GDA . Most of the girls want to play HS soccer . However if slick would give us all waivers GDA would be no problem . IMO players and parents are totally disgusted In PR and this entire club , but for a majority of us we are stuck here because our kids are 2002-2000 . It’s too late in the game to change clubs . Believe me NO ONE IS THAT HAPPY . Does anyone like to be lied to ? Betrayed ?


Wait, so everyone you spoke to has no plans to play GDA, but then you say it's too late to change clubs? So the sheep will yell and scream but ultimately do nothing.
If you are already committed, why not change clubs?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708329 06/12/18 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are not changing clubs because there has been communication between our future college coaches and Albertson coaches. You just don’t want to take a chance. These coaches and PR helped in the process ...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708330 06/12/18 08:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,081
Likes: 22
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are not changing clubs because there has been communication between our future college coaches and Albertson coaches. You just don’t want to take a chance. These coaches and PR helped in the process ...


Let me translate your post by saying what you're concerned about is that Slick will drop a dime on the college coach and purposely sabotage the relationship between your daughter and the coach. Isn't that what meant to say?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708353 06/12/18 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other words, Albertson and PR, even though PR is supposedly not a part of Albertson, are working hand in hand at holding their players/parents hostage. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. I think Albertson got hit by surprise by the external competition and the internal deterioration of their player development. This was a long time coming though, PR leaves and hands over the reigns to that fool izzy and fat aaron who both don't know a thing about treating players and parents (who pay the bills!) with respect and made it obvious how all of their attention was geared towards GDA. Meanwhile, Albertson had a slew of coaches and trainers that abandoned ship around the same time.

The writing was on the wall for a long time but Albertson keeps spinning the news that all of the coaching and league defections were by choice. "We want to emphasize player development while at same time giving players a break on Sundays to spend time with family." Gimmie a break!

Albertson only cares about the almighty dollar rather than the player and they are showing their ugly side right now more than ever.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708354 06/12/18 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are not changing clubs because there has been communication between our future college coaches and Albertson coaches. You just don’t want to take a chance. These coaches and PR helped in the process ...


So you're not changing clubs - is the consensus to play in their EDP league and still play HS? Or (apologies for coming off rude) play DA and complain about no HS and the sub rules?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Anonymous #708356 06/12/18 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are not changing clubs because there has been communication between our future college coaches and Albertson coaches. You just don’t want to take a chance. These coaches and PR helped in the process ...


Can’t imagine a college coach is going to look at this and not understand why a player is leaving this club.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708361 06/12/18 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and yet the poster above implies that PR helped greatly in securing a college spot for many kids. You cant have it both ways. Either you accept him as he is for the benefits you think can offer or you dont. this public flogging makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Is Slick Riley Lying to Parents?
Larry Miller #708563 06/15/18 03:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 634
Likes: 2
C
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 634
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are not changing clubs because there has been communication between our future college coaches and Albertson coaches. You just don’t want to take a chance. These coaches and PR helped in the process ...


Let me translate your post by saying what you're concerned about is that Slick will drop a dime on the college coach and purposely sabotage the relationship between your daughter and the coach. Isn't that what meant to say?


I agree with the translation.....

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!