Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 10:56 AM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 10:48 AM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 10:37 AM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 09:25 AM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Is Albertson keeping or Losing ECNL? Here is the latest chatter
#706995 05/26/18 04:24 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
For several weeks BOTN has been fielding posts about whether or not the Albertson SC will continue to be an ECNL Club. The latest information to BOTN from a very well placed source is that US Club Soccer is pulling the plug on Albertson's ECNL.

BOTN is being told that Paul "Slick" Riley will be offering a letter to the community citing and spinning his story that it is his decision to drop ECNL to fully focus on their GDA teams.

This letter iS being sent to preempt the ECNL announcement so Slick can save face. If this story holds true, Slick got out-slicked!!

Emails from BOTN sent to Jen Woody at ECNL to verify this story have gone unanswered.

Your thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Is Albertson keeping or Losing ECNL? Here is the latest chatter
Larry Miller #706999 05/26/18 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GDA is a waste of money for the majority of families. Level of play is very low, scores are lopsided, top clubs are leaving, geographically requires too much travel, HS sports limits, and just marketing pomp and circumstance.

It would not surprise me if Albertson ironically pulls out of ECNL as a defense tactic aimed at warding off bad press from possibly getting tossed out of ECNL. Spin masters.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707001 05/26/18 06:12 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
According to my sources which are quite reliable Albertson is not pulling out, they are being pushed out. You must be from Albertson or one of Slick's hacks trying to do the spinning...no spinning on this one if the reports are true the fact is that Alby got kicked out of ECNL. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707002 05/26/18 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GDA is a waste of money for the majority of families. Level of play is very low, scores are lopsided, top clubs are leaving, geographically requires too much travel, HS sports limits, and just marketing pomp and circumstance.

It would not surprise me if Albertson ironically pulls out of ECNL as a defense tactic aimed at warding off bad press from possibly getting tossed out of ECNL. Spin masters.

Ecnl is a tournament- driven exploration platform for fat cats, who pretend to care about families, but acutally only care about money. You are the perfect example of clueless ECNL parent, who prefers his daughters name in the paper, instead of becoming the best footballer she can be.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707003 05/26/18 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
According to my sources which are quite reliable Albertson is not pulling out, they are being pushed out. You must be from Albertson or one of Slick's hacks trying to do the spinning...no spinning on this one if the reports are true the fact is that Alby got kicked out of ECNL. Deal with it.

Is this going to occur at the end of this season or is it after the 2018-19 season?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707004 05/26/18 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hate for Albertson is amazing. Paul already confirmed to his teams that the club is in good standing for the coming year. After that, who knows.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707005 05/26/18 07:17 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Is this going to occur at the end of this season or is it after the 2018-19 season?

I'm told it is at the end of this season. This is not a new story. It has been discussed in the ECNL thread. To be fair, there are [posts stating that Albertson WILL BE KEEPING ECNL into next season....my thoughts are if it is true ECNL is waiting for the season to end before announcing.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707006 05/26/18 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true, why did they have tryouts for ECNL?
In addition, what would happen to the kids that commit after tryouts but before a so called announcement.? Would there be another place for them at Albertson? Where could they go outside if tryouts for other programs already done?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707007 05/26/18 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm told it is at the end of this season. This is not a new story. It has been discussed in the ECNL thread. To be fair, there are [posts stating that Albertson WILL BE KEEPING ECNL into next season....my thoughts are if it is true ECNL is waiting for the season to end before announcing.

Does it mean that Alby will lose it in June? We are thinking about joining ECNL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707008 05/26/18 08:40 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
In addition, what would happen to the kids that commit after tryouts but before a so called announcement.? Would there be another place for them at Albertson? Where could they go outside if tryouts for other programs already done?

All good quiestions.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707009 05/26/18 08:41 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Does it mean that Alby will lose it in June? We are thinking about joining ECNL

I'm told it after this season. The girls would probably go to the GDA team. I was told Slick is bullish on the GDA.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707010 05/26/18 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy may be a weasel but his training is top notch. Wish I lived closer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707011 05/26/18 09:53 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

How far are you from North Carolina?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707020 05/27/18 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is why he is called Slick. It is all about the money and never forget that. Of course he will have tryouts or he will lose everybody all at once. When tryouts and the season are over, you have no other place to go but stay at Albertson. And be forced to play on a lower team and then pound your chest when you win. Look at the standings for ECNL, Horrible for Alby

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707025 05/27/18 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke! Ask any current Albertson parent about the “training” this year. Not a one will use “top notch” to describe the experience. Quite the opposite. The bigger question is how and why Albertson continues to work with this man at the helm as he cuts up the club and makes himself a giant DA pie.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707032 05/27/18 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke! Ask any current Albertson parent about the “training” this year. Not a one will use “top notch” to describe the experience. Quite the opposite. The bigger question is how and why Albertson continues to work with this man at the helm as he cuts up the club and makes himself a giant DA pie.

It's Elementary My Dear Watson....

Albertson + PR = PR

Albertson = 0

PR = PR

despite some well meaning folks on the Alby board, they are now hostages, they were not bold enough a couple of years ago to break the dependence on PR and now are struggling for options.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707033 05/27/18 02:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are on the ECNL team and love it. If you don’t like it. Don’t come to tryouts. They do have ECNL next year. Our coach Flavio Ferri conformed. At least name your source!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707035 05/27/18 02:57 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
We are on the ECNL team and love it. If you don’t like it. Don’t come to tryouts. They do have ECNL next year. Our coach Flavio Ferri conformed. At least name your source!!

You are correct, kinda. What Flavio is confirming is the BECNL, nit the ECNL. Boys and girl are different. Flavio is the BOYS and I can confirm I spoke directly with Flavio and got the story from him. Boys and Girls are two separate groups. What BOTN is alleging is the GIRLS ECNL. is what Alberttson is reported to be losing. Does that help clear some of the mystery?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707036 05/27/18 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Slick is well named Slick. As posted you can not deny HE is a top notch trainer. The PROBLEM is HE (Slick) as not been around all season for the girls ECNL program. He lives in North Carolina 2/3 of the year. Hence why three of their age groups are in last place in their respective ECNL divisions. The big issue people do not discuss is mentioning Slick, Albertson, and girls DA in the same breath. They should be kicked out of ECNL as the violated the agreement to NOT be associated with a Girls DA program. Anyone who has been around know that Albertson ECNL and Fury DA are one in the same. Same coaches, fields, players, Slick, etc. etc.

I keep waiting for the announcement that Slick is leaving Albertson to grow is own club, FURY.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707038 05/27/18 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Slick is well named Slick. As posted you can not deny HE is a top notch trainer. The PROBLEM is HE (Slick) as not been around all season for the girls ECNL program. He lives in North Carolina 2/3 of the year. Hence why three of their age groups are in last place in their respective ECNL divisions. The big issue people do not discuss is mentioning Slick, Albertson, and girls DA in the same breath. They should be kicked out of ECNL as the violated the agreement to NOT be associated with a Girls DA program. Anyone who has been around know that Albertson ECNL and Fury DA are one in the same. Same coaches, fields, players, Slick, etc. etc.

I keep waiting for the announcement that Slick is leaving Albertson to grow is own club, FURY.

The above is proof that anonymous people are just talking without any substance to just attack Albertson. There is no connection as the above stated with regard to Coaches, fields, players either practicing together or ECNL players playing DA or visa/versa. That is an absolute falsehood. Larry, if what you say is going to occur isn’t it the obligation of ECNL to announce ASAP that Albertson will be out for ECNL and give families an opportunity to make informative decisions about next season. They have no duty or obligation to the club but you would think they would want to give a heads up to the players. Why wait till after the season? If the decision is final then let everyone know now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707040 05/27/18 03:37 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

The above is proof that anonymous people are just talking without any substance to just attack Albertson. There is no connection as the above stated with regard to Coaches, fields, players either practicing together or ECNL players playing DA or visa/versa. That is an absolute falsehood. Larry, if what you say is going to occur isn’t it the obligation of ECNL to announce ASAP that Albertson will be out for ECNL and give families an opportunity to make informative decisions about next season. They have no duty or obligation to the club but you would think they would want to give a heads up to the players. Why wait till after the season? If the decision is final then let everyone know now.

ECNL does not have an obligation to the parents. The Albertson club and Slick do, however. My understanding is that ECNL does not want to make it official until the conclusion of the season so that parents dont start pulling their kids off the tea.

To be redundant, it is Slick and Albertson that needs to talk to the parents and not ECNL. Has any of the parents tried to contact the club president and ask him/her?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707049 05/27/18 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. My daughter is girls ecnl and we did ask and were told that they will have girls ecnl next year. It only makes sense as the girls side is far more successful. The boys side has barely won a game on any division.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707050 05/27/18 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. My daughter is girls ecnl and we did ask and were told that they will have girls ecnl next year. It only makes sense as the girls side is far more successful. The boys side has barely won a game on any division.

The Albertson Girls ECNL are successful? Seriously?

U13 5-15-3
U14 3-19-1
U15 1-9-2
U16 4-4-4
U17 0-11-1
U18 0-11-1

Before you quote conspiracy theories these stats were taken straight off the ECNL website today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707052 05/27/18 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FALSE FALSE FALSE
I dare you to go on US Soccer website and ECNL website and pull up rosters for both teams.
If you do so you will notice FC Fury DA and Albertson ECNL list these coaches on BOTH websites - Eric Schmidt, Ismael Cotto, Nicholas Flaim, Peter Shank, and obviously Paul Riley.
ADD to that Eric Schmidt is listed as a coach on 5 of the 6 Albertson ECNL teams tells you how crappy their program is run.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707057 05/27/18 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Albertson's DA bracket is also a joke. Look at what happens to them when they go to a DA Event.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!