Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 12:09 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:56 AM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:37 AM
Sportime Kings Park Turf Field Rentals
by Larry Miller - 09/25/20 10:25 AM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:25 AM
BOTN en Espańol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
SUSA GIRLS ECNL
#706256 05/15/18 08:37 PM
S
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
S
The Girls ECNL is considered by many as the BEST league in the country and we are excited to offer this opportunity to Long Island’s female players. If you are an elite level player or the parent of an elite level player, we encourage you to contact ron@susaacademy.com . In the modern soccer landscape the GIRLS ECNL is THE environment for the elite player.

SUSA President MOUSSA SY and SUSA Girls Director of Coaching RON ALBER want to bring Long Island’s best players together through the SUSA ECNL program. The SUSA ECNL platform will provide the best players with:
1. The best college recruitment exposure
2. Elite training and coaching
3. pathways to SUSA WPSL team where our youth can train and play side by side with our college and senior level players
4. full time college planning advisors
5. Speed, strength and agility training

If you are an elite level player or parent of an elite level player and currently not part of the GIRLS ECNL, now is the time to join SUSA ECNL. If you are already participating in an ECNL program and looking for a change (geography, coaching, finances, culture), WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU TOO.

Scholarship opportunities are available.

Contact ron@susaacademy.com for confidential player ID opportunities. The commitments we have already received for new additions coming to SUSA ECNL and preECNL after this upcoming Memorial Day are an exciting teaser for the year ahead. Equally exciting are the “new staff additions” joining our SUSA Girls ECNL program

Join the movement and join SUSA GIRLS ECNL.

Ron Alber
SUSA FC, Girls Director of Coaching
Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA GIRLS ECNL
SUSA GIRLS ECNL #706260 05/15/18 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan the Dick is at it again. I am a parent of two Atlectico players and he is calling all age group players looking to grab players. We are all having a huge laugh!!

Dan the Dick, get lost, we have no desire to even look at you!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706265 05/15/18 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Timing is everything. GDA falling apart with poor inaugural year. NPL losing momentum fast. Addition of college showcase events resulting in college coaches limiting travel and picking events. Previous showcase events losing luster. ECNL roster spots will become precious for good players who want to play in college. Going to be interesting to see how volatile player movement is after Memorial Day. Tough to keep your kid out of ECNL.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706272 05/16/18 07:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Timing is everything. GDA falling apart with poor inaugural year. NPL losing momentum fast. Addition of college showcase events resulting in college coaches limiting travel and picking events. Previous showcase events losing luster. ECNL roster spots will become precious for good players who want to play in college. Going to be interesting to see how volatile player movement is after Memorial Day. Tough to keep your kid out of ECNL.

ECNL has limited subbing. Can not be seen by college coaches if you are sitting on a bench!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706276 05/16/18 08:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan the Dick is at it again. I am a parent of two Atlectico players and he is calling all age group players looking to grab players. We are all having a huge laugh!!

Dan the Dick, get lost, we have no desire to even look at you!!

You are funny. No ones looking at your 2 kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706278 05/16/18 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, you sound like you were bullied a little bit in middle school, sorry....but to keep constantly ragging about GDA isn't going to change the past....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706280 05/16/18 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how many Rowdies were ther?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706281 05/16/18 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL has limited subbing. Can not be seen by college coaches if you are sitting on a bench!

Our coach makes a point at showcases to get every player in for at least half a game, and usually gets every player at least 75% of the game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706282 05/16/18 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s a rowdie?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706285 05/16/18 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rowdies have good team and coach but losing players because team not able to help players with colleges. Not just about winning local games at this age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706291 05/16/18 11:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All high level soccer has limited subbing.
Unless you are playing LIJ, EDP or NYCSL/NYPL you will have this situation.
Its a much better game when you don't have to constantly stop play for substitutions.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706292 05/16/18 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes a coach can help but it is up to the player to do the work. Coaches can introduce and speak to other coaches if theyhave the right connections, nut it is ultimaelty the player that will have to earn a spot.

Like Reply Quote
SUSA GIRLS ECNL #706295 05/16/18 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Ron coaching the 02s ? That would be great

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706299 05/16/18 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rowdies have good team and coach but losing players because team not able to help players with colleges. Not just about winning local games at this age.

From the 02 thread. Makes sense. Crazy parents trying to stir the pot as usual ;
Someone keeps trolling the rowdies here and on ECNL thread. Very transparent and jealous. The unhappy parents who left because their daughters didn’t don’t get playing time, who pretend to be supportive. The most dangerous kind. Watch them Not who you think they are. Left with lots of bitter feelings. Just a warning. Rowdies are fine, together and thriving. No one is leaving. Let the trolls enjoy

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706302 05/16/18 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL has more liberal subbing than GDA ... ECNL had reentry into the game. GDA doesn't allow reentry. ECNL plays two games a weekend. GDA one

Like Reply Quote
SUSA GIRLS ECNL #706303 05/16/18 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a great conversation the other day with an WC ECNL parent. We both agreed that our daughters were in the best environment for their particular style, and level of play, but then things went sideways, as he began to discuss how great ECNL is for ALL kids, not just his, ugh. Being that I am an open-minded person, I listened to his points of advantage, and agreed mostly. However, there was an awkward silence from him, when I mentioned that my daughter has had several hundred more game touches on the ball, than his daughter. As we were all leaving that night, he gave me a slight smile, and he tipped his hat.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706304 05/16/18 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECNL has more liberal subbing than GDA ... ECNL had reentry into the game. GDA doesn't allow reentry. ECNL plays two games a weekend. GDA one

Correction GDA plays 2 games a weekend sometimes just like ECNL. GDA is not for everyone, just like ECNL may not be for everyone. The true issue at hand is that Long Island Soccer is now so diluted that you will not be able to have 3 strong ECNL clubs. Like SUSA may be strong at the 03, but the 04, 05 will struggle. And rumor has it that the 06 blue team already losing 3 of their top players to other clubs. This plea from SUSA sounds more like damage control. When you have parents coming on to Back of The Net and putting a childs name out there cause they came to their tryout is leaving a bad taste to other people. I for one was going to take my daughter to the 04 tryout but decided not to since she is still on her team and would not like for one of the SUSA parents there recognize her and blast her name on this platform. Also when I heard JR will be coaching that team was also another deterrent. If Ron or Sue would be coaching this team then I would bring her down and I know a couple of other girls that would come down as well. Until then I hate to say it but East Meadow is a better option when you have to compare it to whats available like Alby and SUSA. With an All Star Coaching staff (JR, Dan K, Tim B) Im surprised they are pleading for players.

Like Reply Quote
SUSA GIRLS ECNL #706307 05/16/18 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the time GDA plays 1 game a weekend. Some teams practice 3 others practice 4 times a week.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706311 05/16/18 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correction GDA plays 2 games a weekend sometimes just like ECNL. GDA is not for everyone, just like ECNL may not be for everyone. The true issue at hand is that Long Island Soccer is now so diluted that you will not be able to have 3 strong ECNL clubs. Like SUSA may be strong at the 03, but the 04, 05 will struggle. And rumor has it that the 06 blue team already losing 3 of their top players to other clubs. This plea from SUSA sounds more like damage control. When you have parents coming on to Back of The Net and putting a childs name out there cause they came to their tryout is leaving a bad taste to other people. I for one was going to take my daughter to the 04 tryout but decided not to since she is still on her team and would not like for one of the SUSA parents there recognize her and blast her name on this platform. Also when I heard JR will be coaching that team was also another deterrent. If Ron or Sue would be coaching this team then I would bring her down and I know a couple of other girls that would come down as well. Until then I hate to say it but East Meadow is a better option when you have to compare it to whats available like Alby and SUSA. With an All Star Coaching staff (JR, Dan K, Tim B) Im surprised they are pleading for players.
m

I agree Ron and Sue would be would be a game changer.... JR not so much .....Alby is done ...near last place or last place every age group on girls side. Find a new club if your kid is talented.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706333 05/16/18 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused...do you have an 06 or an 04 player? You kind of sound like a jerk, (admittedly) spreading rumors about players in one age group, then smack talking the coach of another age group, then claim you'll only bring your daughter to try outs if the team has the coach of your choosing...what makes you think your kid would even make the ECNL team? If you didn't bring your precious Mia to tryouts, how do you know what players were there and how your kid would stack up against them?

You sound like the type of person my family has been trying to avoid for years, it's actually what kept us away from ECNL teams in the past. My kid isn't in either the 06 or the 04 age group, but I'm glad you won't be a part of the club...you seem like a toxic trouble starter. Good luck to your daughter at East Meadow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706336 05/16/18 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused...do you have an 06 or an 04 player? You kind of sound like a jerk, (admittedly) spreading rumors about players in one age group, then smack talking the coach of another age group, then claim you'll only bring your daughter to try outs if the team has the coach of your choosing...what makes you think your kid would even make the ECNL team? If you didn't bring your precious Mia to tryouts, how do you know what players were there and how your kid would stack up against them?

You sound like the type of person my family has been trying to avoid for years, it's actually what kept us away from ECNL teams in the past. My kid isn't in either the 06 or the 04 age group, but I'm glad you won't be a part of the club...you seem like a toxic trouble starter. Good luck to your daughter at East Meadow.

And this is why SUSA is so great! #awesomeparents #ignorant #youarethereasonnoonewillcometoSUSA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706343 05/16/18 11:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should probably try to comprehend what you read ....your response is very off base with this comment ... and keeping your family away from any soccer league because someone makes stupid comments on BOTN means your kids wouldn’t play soccer anywhere near or on Long Island good luck! Not OP!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706348 05/17/18 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should probably try to comprehend what you read ....your response is very off base with this comment ... and keeping your family away from any soccer league because someone makes stupid comments on BOTN means your kids wouldn’t play soccer anywhere near or on Long Island good luck! Not OP!

I'm not the original responder, but I read it the same way. First, the poster is talking about one team saying "rumor has it" some top players are leaving, then saying they don't like the coach of another team but if they change the coach to a coach they like, they may consider bringing their kid to tryouts. But, I do agree that parents shouldn't base decisions on teams or leagues based on annonymous posts on BOTN, that's just silly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #706365 05/17/18 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How stupid can you people be. The 01 team is already set. If you think you are going to tryout at this age and think your daughter will start if she makes the team, you are crazy. She will be a bench player and get 15 min a game. His superstars are not coming off the field.That's right, He is going to sit all his former ISA girls that he's been with for 5-8 years because your daughter is miserable somewhere else. WAKE UP...It's all smoke and mirrors

Like Reply Quote
SUSA GIRLS ECNL #706372 05/17/18 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the OP of “correction GDA plays 2 games”please explain your 5 different topics I understand 4 of them,could you be so kind and explain it because it seems to be causing some confusion with certain individuals

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!