Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/27/20 12:00 PM
BHS (2004:U17, 2003:U18, 2002:U19) Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Cross It 4 Fun - 11/26/20 08:36 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 10:56 AM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/26/20 10:48 AM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Class fc
#704599 04/25/18 08:07 AM
T
Tommy B Offline OP
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
T
What's up guys. What are your thoughts on World Class FC. Looking for the best options for my son who is born 2008. We live in Orange county NY so New York city and Westchester clubs are a little too far. Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: World Class fc
Tommy B #704609 04/25/18 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent club with great facilities. Very competitive. At least you wont need to cross a bridge to get there.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704613 04/25/18 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great facilities and great options as far as development. NYCFC is right next door too. Very exciting for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704616 04/25/18 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, excellent club, great facilities. Every club has some issues/politics, and WC does have them. But IMHO worth giving it a go because in general it's good enough to overlook those issues in exchange for the short drive to take your kid to practice. If you end up on the wrong side of politics, then look elsewhere/further-away. At a minimum, he'll have received good coaching with teammates who are probably good players.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704623 04/25/18 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Frank

All clubs have their issues but WC has a pretty good reputation. Since it is close, maybe you can call and see if you can get an evaluation for him before jumping in...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704625 04/25/18 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He went for the tryout and it went really well. The coach hyped him up and told him he will definitely be playing with their club. I see on face value they look great, just curious if anything else I should know about club. Seems great though

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704630 04/25/18 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just be sure you know where he is being placed because they have been pushing their teaneck and paramus teams, so be 100% sure it is at the Orangetown location he will be training.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704631 04/25/18 01:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He went for the tryout and it went really well. The coach hyped him up and told him he will definitely be playing with their club. I see on face value they look great, just curious if anything else I should know about club. Seems great though

Sounds like your trying to stir something up here nice try tho haha Your not actually asking for the honest info your baiting waiting for someone to say something negative.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704637 04/25/18 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your trying to stir something up here nice try tho haha Your not actually asking for the honest info your baiting waiting for someone to say something negative.

Yup - this isn't the original poster (who logged in as Frank B)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704643 04/25/18 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup - this isn't the original poster (who logged in as Frank B)

Yes, the training is good, but the NYCFC girls train better and harder than the WC boys, perhaps he should go there??

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704645 04/25/18 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, no bad intentions here. I replied from my phone earlier without being logged in. Not looking to stir up anything at all. I was told to be careful about getting promised the NY team then being pushed off into the NJ locations. Nothing against them, but the facilities in Rockland were amazing. Just hoping for a little extra insight before I part with my hard earned money is all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704646 04/25/18 02:20 PM
T
Tommy B Offline OP
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
T
Why do you say that? Is the club all show and they don't train hard? I'm just looking for honest opinions opinion. Not looking to stir pot as someone said above. I just wasn't logged in when I made that comment

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704648 04/25/18 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WCFC is definitely not all show, provided you are on a good team at the main location. If you're on a C team or at Paramus, NJ I would assume the quality might drop. At U10 you're starting to get serious for a boy.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704649 04/25/18 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Frank B
Why do you say that? Is the club all show and they don't train hard? I'm just looking for honest opinions opinion. Not looking to stir pot as someone said above. I just wasn't logged in when I made that comment

Frank, buddy, its a great club, just be clear about what you want....

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704659 04/25/18 04:19 PM
T
Tommy B Offline OP
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
T
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704837 04/27/18 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also consider that they only have DA up to U14 if your son has potential. And don't get too excited about the NYCFC proximity- the NYCFC boy's DA is in Queens.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704849 04/27/18 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great atmosphere at WC. The kids feel like it really is their club. I've noticed players hanging out there on their off days. Facilities are awesome. I get to catch up all my work from my laptop in the clubhouse while my kid spends 3 nights a week with her best friends. She plays on their 05 ECNL team and her skills have improved tremendously. Can't beat it

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704850 04/27/18 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to wonder why they don't have more than U14 DA status for the boys with that facility. From what I understand they apply every year. Many top level boys leave after U14.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704855 04/27/18 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great atmosphere at WC. The kids feel like it really is their club. I've noticed players hanging out there on their off days. Facilities are awesome. I get to catch up all my work from my laptop in the clubhouse while my kid spends 3 nights a week with her best friends. She plays on their 05 ECNL team and her skills have improved tremendously. Can't beat it

Yeah and if you can just overlook the hellish commute and cost to get there from Long Island 3 times a week it would just be the bees knees

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #704857 04/27/18 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes losing the badge after U14 is a bit surprising. WCFC is a really good club and definitely worth checking out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704862 04/27/18 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and if you can just overlook the hellish commute and cost to get there from Long Island 3 times a week it would just be the bees knees

Ha ha you're just coming across as a bitter person. You can't take away the fact that kids WANT to play there. Not like the place you FORCE your kid to play at

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #705031 04/30/18 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha you're just coming across as a bitter person. You can't take away the fact that kids WANT to play there. Not like the place you FORCE your kid to play at

Definitely not worth the commute from LI. That's nuts.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #705049 04/30/18 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI to World Class? That is completely silly. No way it is worth it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #705084 04/30/18 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI to World Class? That is completely silly. No way it is worth it.

The original poster lives in Orange County.

Like Reply Quote
Tommy B #705087 04/30/18 02:01 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Let's face it...Long Island to anywhere is a traffic nightmare. Long Island to Long Island is a traffic nightmare. Take your pic.

To help with this problem the [i]BOTN Technical Development Laboratory[/] in partnership with Amazon.com is currently testing our patented BOPPDD*, which can transport a player to their practice anywhere within a 125 mile radius of Garden City via our iPhone & Android app. Buckle up!!

* BOTN Online Player Practice Delivery Drone

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!