Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/20/20 05:31 PM
B2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/20/20 02:16 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/20/20 10:02 AM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 10/19/20 06:56 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
EDP Named To Manage Four US Youth Soccer National League Conferences
#704302 04/20/18 04:57 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
EDP Named To Manage Four US Youth Soccer National League Conferences in the East Region

Will Provide Direct Pathways to National League and National

EDP, one of the country’s largest leagues with over 3,500 teams located on the east coast of the United States, has entered into a long-term agreement with US Youth Soccer to manage four National League conferences in the East Region starting in 2018-19.

These conferences are:
- US Youth Soccer National League New England EDP Conference
- US Youth Soccer National League North Atlantic EDP Conference
- US Youth Soccer National League Mid Atlantic EDP Conference
- US Youth Soccer National League South Atlantic EDP Conference

In addition to managing these conferences, EDP -- as a recently approved Affiliate Member of US Youth Soccer by the organization’s National Board of Directors – will see its league play, tournaments and college showcases be US Youth Soccer sanctioned events, with college showcasing a feature of much of this new program’s efforts.

Beginning in the Fall of 2018, US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences will offer an expected two tiers of divisions in addition to the existing EDP programming. Both EDP and new to EDP teams will be eligible to apply for these divisions, which will provide local/regional regular season league play, cup competition and regional/national showcase events, with top teams advancing directly into the US Youth Soccer National League and the Regional Championships in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series (NCS). Club v. club and team v. team models will both be offered in the US Youth Soccer EDP Conferences.

EDP clubs that have already committed starting next season to playing in US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences – either in the club v. club or team v. team divisions -- include:
• Alleycats SC (NY)
• Beachside SC (CT)
• Bethesda SC (MD)
• BRAUSA United FC (MD)
• FC Berna Legacy (NJ)
• FCUSA New Jersey (formerly Jersey United) (NJ)
• Ironbound SC (NJ)
• Lehigh Valley United (PA)
• Lower Merion SC (PA)
• Maryland Rush SC (MD)
• Massapequa SC (NY)
• NJ Crush FC (NJ)
• NJ Rush SC (NJ)
• NJ Stallions Academy (NJ)
• PDA Shore (NJ)
• Penn Fusion SA (PA)
• Philadelphia Ukrainians Nationals SC (PA)
• Pipeline SC (MD)
• Princeton SA (NJ)
• Soccer Association of Columbia (MD)
• SJEB Rush (NJ)
• Smithtown Kickers SC (NY)
• WHSA NJ Elite (NJ)
More exciting clubs will be announced in the near future, as well.

“US Youth Soccer’s commitment to reimagining their family of programming while establishing clear alignment with the prestigious National League and National Championship Series made this a very attractive opportunity for EDP,” noted EDP CEO Alan Shilling. “This structure will provide teams with a fully integrated games program that combines league, cup and showcase play, which is exactly what our members want.”

Shilling added: “With this new relationship with US Youth Soccer, EDP will maintain its dedication to its core principles of a great game every week with sensible travel and pathways to college.”

Importantly, all EDP clubs, no matter what EDP division they play in, will receive the same EDP customer service they are accustomed to, including the same player registration system at a reduced cost to our membership.

Shilling pointed out that all current aspects of the EDP league, playoffs and tournaments will remain the same for the current 2017-18 season.
Chris Moore, US Youth Soccer CEO said, “I am very excited to have EDP join US Youth Soccer as an Affiliate Member and the overwhelming vote by our board to approve EDP indicates that our board shares my perspective. We are committed to supporting and serving our membership throughout the country and EDP amplifies our ability to do so within the East Region. US Youth Soccer is the leader in youth soccer and we are confident that this strategic partnership will help drive this beautiful game in a positive direction.”

About EDP
Founded in 1999, Elite Development Program Soccer (EDP) is one of the largest organizers of youth soccer leagues and tournaments in the U.S. EDP operates youth leagues for boys and girls ages 9-19, conducts a Futures program for players ages 7-11, and operates U20/23 men’s and women’s leagues. EDP also runs over 20 tournaments each year. One of the major priorities of EDP’s leagues and tournaments is to enable soccer players to reach their full potential, with an emphasis on attending college. More than 3,500 teams participate in EDP’s leagues and more than 170,000 players compete in EDP tournaments annually. For more information on EDP, visit www.edpsoccer.com

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: EDP Named To Manage Four US Youth Soccer National League Conferences
Larry Miller #704310 04/20/18 07:50 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Impressive list of clubs to start with........if EDP can hold rhe over the majority of their current top clubs this will be a signifucant development...

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704328 04/21/18 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that Massapequa is listed as US Youth National Soccer League (EDP). Does this mean that they will be out of the NPL?

This is huge!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704329 04/21/18 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont understand what all this means. does this mean that LIJ teams are now in EDP.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704331 04/21/18 02:52 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see that Massapequa is listed as US Youth National Soccer League (EDP). Does this mean that they will be out of the NPL?

This is huge!

The story I received from one of my sources is that Massapequa was told they were being relegated to the 2nd Division of the Metro League due to poor NPL performance and inability to maintain quality. I think it is very safe to say that Massapequa is out of the NPL after this season.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704332 04/21/18 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it means that there is another "BETTER" choice than NYCSL and LIJSL New National and Regional league run by EDP.

I see a mass exodus to EDP!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704333 04/21/18 02:56 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I dont understand what all this means. does this mean that LIJ teams are now in EDP.

No, it doesnt mean that at all. What it does mean is that EDP now is what we all knew as Region 1. EDP is 100% out of US Club. Therefore, there is no more EDP NPL.

I'm told that letters went out from US Club to all the NPL clubs of this fact, and for those NPL clubs playing EDP NPL, that are New Jersey based, is that NYCSL is their new daddy.

So, NPL in New Jersey will continue, but it will be the NYCSL NPL starting in the Fall.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704335 04/21/18 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

No, it doesnt mean that at all. What it does mean is that EDP now is what we all knew as Region 1. EDP is 100% out of US Club. Therefore, there is no more EDP NPL.

I'm told that letters went out from US Club to all the NPL clubs of this fact, and for those NPL clubs playing EDP NPL, that are New Jersey based, is that NYCSL is their new daddy.

So, NPL in New Jersey will continue, but it will be the NYCSL NPL starting in the Fall.

So NYCSL (NPL) teams can't play in EDP on Long Island? I'm confused.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704336 04/21/18 03:46 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Agreed it is confusing...I'm just getting my arms around this.

Now to answer your questions, NYCSL NPL teams CAN play in EDP. Whether there will be a Long Island based EDP League and/or a NYC EDP League is something I am trying to find out. When I find out I will report back to y'all.

One issue I see is that if there is a LI EDP League, do you think LIJSL is going to be happy since both EDP and LIJSL are USYSA!! When I find out I will report back to y'all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704338 04/21/18 03:55 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

NYCSL issues passes/player cards thru US Club - e.g. NPL and Metro are carded via nycsl as us club pases

EDP will issue passes/player cards under USYSA (they cannit be NPL)

Yes A team can have passes to play in both leagues they need to meet minimum qualifications

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704339 04/21/18 04:01 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
The lea
[quote=Anonymous]I dont understand what all this means. does this mean that LIJ teams are now in EDP.

Agreed it is confusing...I'm just getting my arms around this.

Now to answer your questions, NYCSL NPL teams CAN play in EDP. Whether there will be a Long Island based EDP League and/or a NYC EDP League is something I am trying to find out. When I find out I will report back to y'all.

One issue I see is that if there is a LI EDP League, do you think LIJSL is going to be happy since both EDP and LIJSL are USYSA!! When I find out I will report back to y'all.
[/

The announcement yesterday just deals with EDP taking over the higher level leagues
Old region 1 and current ERL. This new format with EDP provudes reagional and National psthways something NPL currently does not offer they stop at REgional finals

LIJ is lowest level travel and Guessing here EDP will not compete sith LIJ for their teams EXCEPT their Premier ir Championsip level trams maybwant to move UP to higher level EDP leagues ( either way LIJ and ENY have less marketshare and power as a result which is a good thing) I would say ENY premier league is finished

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #704340 04/21/18 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun

NYCSL issues passes/player cards thru US Club - e.g. NPL and Metro are carded via nycsl as us club pases

Yes A team can have passes to play in both leagues they need to meet minimum qualifications

What are the minimum qualifications? Number of teams playing or other?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704341 04/21/18 04:04 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

This is huge!

The story I received from one of my sources is that Massapequa was told they were being relegated to the 2nd Division of the Metro League due to poor NPL performance and inability to maintain quality. I think it is very safe to say that Massapequa is out of the NPL after this season.

Larry can you ask your sources about Brentwood, Brooklyn Everton and NY Elite just as bad rankings than Massapequa ( Brooklyn much worse) are they at risk ogpf being relegated like Eastern was to metro?

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704342 04/21/18 04:05 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Here a synopsis of changes...

• There is no more REGION 1
  • EDP switched from being affiliated with US Club to USYSA
  • Because EDP is USYSA they can no longer offer US Club programs, i.e., NPL
  • NYCSL continues with no changes other than it appears they will take over the NJ area for NPL and other related US Club programs
  • LIJSL Championship and Premier teams expected to play in the EDP Leagues

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704343 04/21/18 04:06 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
No it definetly does not mean that......

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #704344 04/21/18 04:07 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

This is huge!

Larry can you ask your sources about Brentwood, Brooklyn Everton and NY Elite just as bad rankings than Massapequa ( Brooklyn much worse) are they at risk ogpf being relegated like Eastern was to metro?

Thank you

This is huge!

Thank you

I will do that and get back to you in inside this post. I do know that Violette at Brentwood is pissing a lot of people off and I dont think you will see Brentwood in NPL in the Fall....I believe Atletico is pulling out of their involvement with Brentwood.

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #704348 04/21/18 04:30 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
No it definetly does not mean that......

Answer for post # 704329

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704349 04/21/18 04:32 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

This is huge!

Thank you

This is huge!

Thank you

I will do that and get back to you in inside this post. I do know that Violette at Brentwood is pissing a lot of people off and I dont think you will see Brentwood in NPL in the Fall....I believe Atletico is pulling out of their involvement with Brentwood.

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704350 04/21/18 04:40 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

What are the minimum qualifications? Number of teams playing or other?

The short answer us play a minimum number games, register and play games in that sanctioned league. For example this year my sons friends team, Lake grove, playing
In ERL - USYSA and Metro - US Club

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #704351 04/21/18 05:04 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

This is huge!

Thank you

As promised, here is the answer;

All clubs are under the same scrutiny and will be evaluated accordingly, and NYCSL does not anticipate relegation. Massapequa was clearly the outlier.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704362 04/21/18 08:03 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

This is huge!

Thank you

As promised, here is the answer;

All clubs are under the same scrutiny and will be evaluated accordingly, and NYCSL does not anticipate relegation. Massapequa was clearly the outlier.

Thank you for the quick update.

I have to say that iif you look at the standings there is not much of a difference among Massapequa, Brentwood, Brooklyn (clearly the worst) and Elite but I guess they cant get rid of all the teams above they would down to one division or SUSA, Barca and CSA would need to add two teams in every age group. Hard to buy they are the only outlier.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704374 04/21/18 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sucks only in the sense that it's going to raise costs for a few of our teams. We have some teams that play EDP and NYPL under the same US Club passes. Now we will need to pay for US Club and USYSA passes if they want to play in both leagues.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704378 04/22/18 08:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
larry does this mean that academies like susa can now play in the national cup or have their players play odp and the eny state cup

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704384 04/22/18 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sucks only in the sense that it's going to raise costs for a few of our teams. We have some teams that play EDP and NYPL under the same US Club passes. Now we will need to pay for US Club and USYSA passes if they want to play in both leagues.

How much does it cost to get a USYSA pass?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704389 04/22/18 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much does it cost to get a USYSA pass?

I know it's $31 each for LIJSL. Not sure what ERL is now and definitely don't know what EDP is going to charge but I would assume it would still be between $25 and $35 each. I know that's a rounding error for most teams playing at that level but in our club we try very hard to do things on a shoestring budget.. Adding that cost is annoying. Not the end of the world by any means but annoying.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!