Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 09:21 AM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 08:47 AM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 08:22 AM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 08:27 PM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Soccer: Let's Go to the Video Tape!!
#701669 03/03/18 07:51 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
VAR has been used throughout the league season in many countries on a trial basis, including the Bundesliga, Serie A, Portugal's Primeira Liga, MLS and the A-League. It has also just been introduced in Brazil and La Liga will use it from next season.

English football only starting its own trials in January in domestic cup competitions and it has seen many controversial moments, but the impact has been largely positive over the long-term in other leagues.

However, UEFA has already stated it will not use VAR in the Champions League or the Europa League next season, while the Premier League is not expected to consider introducing it until 2019 at the earliest due to ongoing confusion about how it is implemented.

More to follow...

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Soccer: Let's Go to the Video Tape!!
Larry Miller #701726 03/04/18 10:00 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Any league not using a VAR system is making a huge mistake. For UEFA to use AARs near the goal and yet not use a VAR system just makes no sense. La Liga has also been late to the party! VAR can only help referees do a better job and avoid big errors that can affect the outcome of the game.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #702143 03/08/18 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the few instances of VAR use that I've seen, the final decision was correct (obvious, I guess) but the 5 minute delay was a real problem. It destroys the flow of the game. They have to find a way of making much quicker decisions.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #702153 03/08/18 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Spurs-Rochdale game VAR interruptions were insane. Definitely ruins the flow. It is good for the big calls but tough to balance the length of stoppage.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #702208 03/08/18 07:11 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In the few instances of VAR use that I've seen, the final decision was correct (obvious, I guess) but the 5 minute delay was a real problem. It destroys the flow of the game. They have to find a way of making much quicker decisions.

I would rather have the flow interrupted and have a non goal disallowed due to an offside not seen or something else that can affect the outcome of the game. It's new right now so it will take longer for all to get used to it and they will get more efficient and quicker in the future. All referees want is to get it right and if VAR helps us do that then by all means a short delay is worth it, don't you think?

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #702213 03/08/18 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77

I would rather have the flow interrupted and have a non goal disallowed due to an offside not seen or something else that can affect the outcome of the game. It's new right now so it will take longer for all to get used to it and they will get more efficient and quicker in the future. All referees want is to get it right and if VAR helps us do that then by all means a short delay is worth it, don't you think?
VAR won't be accepted in many futbol federations because then the games cannot be fixed and it will stop corruption. Nowadays, refs and ARs look the other way, with VAR they won't be able to.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #702223 03/09/18 02:02 AM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Originally Posted by LIRef77

VAR won't be accepted in many futbol federations because then the games cannot be fixed and it will stop corruption. Nowadays, refs and ARs look the other way, with VAR they won't be able to.

Nowadays, referees all over the world are doing their best, not looking the other way. That is about the most offensive thing to say! Your last sentence is an absolute insult to every referee out there running his butt off, trying to call the game right from the recreational level all the way to the pros! You get a RED CARD from me for offensive language!
But you are also wrong about the VAR. Why? Because it is like a revolution when the people have had enough of the corruption in whatever federations you speak of. But you are ignoring what is happening and that is when the VAR changes the fate of the game and the obvious mistake that some official made or call he missed. Once you can analyze the video in UHD slow motion, and clearly see what was missed, then the irrefutable truth will make the game just! As each league has adopted it, other leagues will continue to do it. The numerous networks that televise the games will absolutely demand it for they are ones showing you the truth in Ultra High Definition and they cannot embarrass themselves. Money talks and these networks pay A LOT of MONEY for the broadcast rights! Follow the money, every network that televises the game will demand it as will a majority of the fans.

If you want to make remarks about people do not make ignorant comments about referees without backing it up with evidence. Corrupt officials that have been caught make up a tiny percentage of officials. What are you doing for the beautiful game?

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!