Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:06 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 08:51 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 08:35 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SUSA FC Accepted Into Women's Premier Soccer League
#697241 11/27/17 02:00 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
HAUPPAUGE, NEW YORK – SUSA FC is proud to announce that it has been accepted into the Women's Premier Soccer League for the summer of 2018.

The WPSL has played since 1998 and is an independent national league with its main focus on the development of highly competitive premier women's soccer teams and its players. The league has over 100 teams participating from all over the United States and will provide current SUSA FC youth players, alumni as well as players all across Long Island a professional environment to continue to play the beautiful game

“SUSA FC has grown in the last 24 months into the biggest youth academy in New York providing players with a true educational, professional and unique environment to grow as players as well as people,” SUSA FC Founder and President Moussa Sy said. “Over the last couple of months we have won a national championship, had two national finalists as well as a national semifinalist in our girls program. In addition to that, our alumni have had numerous college awards, accomplishments at all levels of the collegiate game.

“It’s a natural progression for the club to provide its most talented players with an opportunity to play at the highest level in the United States under the NWSL. We look forward to seeing the competitive team we assemble for our inaugural WPSL 2018 season.”

SUSA FC was established in 2001 and has since provided a consistent program in soccer training and development to top Long Island student-athletes throughout the years. SUSA FC has also produced many elite soccer players that have gone on to have successful college careers throughout the United States at hundreds of universities and colleges.

SUSA FC will be conducting tryouts for players come January for our newly formed women's team, as well as our U23 and U20 teams that participate in our organization over the summer. Dates for tryouts will be announced in the near future and we ask all players prior to the tryouts to complete an evaluation form here.

"The addition of the WPSL team to our club model is a strong step in furthering the development of and connection between our elite youth players, college players, and Long Island’s finest female soccer players,” said Ron Alber, girls director of coaching.

About WPSL

The Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) is a national women’s soccer league divided into regional conferences. The playing pool consists of both collegiate and professional players providing a platform for the nation’s most talented female soccer players to perform. WPSL is the largest women's soccer league in the world with more than 100 clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA FC Accepted Into Women's Premier Soccer League
Larry Miller #697244 11/27/17 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this team compare to the LIRR women's team? Will they both play in summer and compete for same college players?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #697501 11/30/17 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
HAUPPAUGE, NEW YORK – SUSA FC is proud to announce that it has been accepted into the Women's Premier Soccer League for the summer of 2018.

The WPSL has played since 1998 and is an independent national league with its main focus on the development of highly competitive premier women's soccer teams and its players. The league has over 100 teams participating from all over the United States and will provide current SUSA FC youth players, alumni as well as players all across Long Island a professional environment to continue to play the beautiful game

“SUSA FC has grown in the last 24 months into the biggest youth academy in New York providing players with a true educational, professional and unique environment to grow as players as well as people,” SUSA FC Founder and President Moussa Sy said. “Over the last couple of months we have won a national championship, had two national finalists as well as a national semifinalist in our girls program. In addition to that, our alumni have had numerous college awards, accomplishments at all levels of the collegiate game.

“It’s a natural progression for the club to provide its most talented players with an opportunity to play at the highest level in the United States under the NWSL. We look forward to seeing the competitive team we assemble for our inaugural WPSL 2018 season.”

SUSA FC was established in 2001 and has since provided a consistent program in soccer training and development to top Long Island student-athletes throughout the years. SUSA FC has also produced many elite soccer players that have gone on to have successful college careers throughout the United States at hundreds of universities and colleges.

SUSA FC will be conducting tryouts for players come January for our newly formed women's team, as well as our U23 and U20 teams that participate in our organization over the summer. Dates for tryouts will be announced in the near future and we ask all players prior to the tryouts to complete an evaluation form here.

"The addition of the WPSL team to our club model is a strong step in furthering the development of and connection between our elite youth players, college players, and Long Island’s finest female soccer players,” said Ron Alber, girls director of coaching.

About WPSL

The Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) is a national women’s soccer league divided into regional conferences. The playing pool consists of both collegiate and professional players providing a platform for the nation’s most talented female soccer players to perform. WPSL is the largest women's soccer league in the world with more than 100 clubs.

About WPSL

About WPSL

This could be a possibly be big deal. It gives many player a chance to play pro soccer. I would have thought that there would be a response from all the nay's of anything that SUSA does. I wish SUSA good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #703613 04/09/18 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where this team will play? Is it only for "collegiate and professional players" or can HS players also try out?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #703616 04/09/18 02:52 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I believe HS players CAN tryout for this team.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #703621 04/09/18 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Sue Weber-Alber coach or play on this team? She would be a great coach and she already works for SUSA but she also played for LIRR last season so there may be a conflict of interest there.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #703651 04/09/18 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done! Good job SUSA. Your on your way to becoming a top program, (Well for girls anyway) Can't wait to see the new facility.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #703778 04/11/18 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know where this team will play? Is it only for "collegiate and professional players" or can HS players also try out?

For this year home field will Bayport-Blue Point High School Their new complex should be ready 2019.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #703888 04/13/18 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done! Good job SUSA. Your on your way to becoming a top program, (Well for girls anyway) Can't wait to see the new facility.

This a glorified adult league or do the girls get paid? Better yet, do the girls have to pay to play?? Not sure this is that big of a deal as you say it is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #703890 04/13/18 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yeah lets have this guy JR Balzarini continue to coach girls at SUSA. He is listed as the head coach of the "Pro" team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #703977 04/16/18 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is JR Balzarini? and are you implying there some issue with him and girls in particular like that guy at Albertson years back?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #703979 04/16/18 12:26 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Who is JR Balzarini? and are you implying there some issue with him and girls in particular like that guy at Albertson years back?

Yes....I am questioning why he left a tenured teacher position only weeks after the start of the school year, and why he was let go from other clubs, including FC Copa in New Jersey. I do not think you will find this guy getting good press anywhere unless JR is doing it himself...

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #703989 04/16/18 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes....I am questioning why he left a tenured teacher position only weeks after the start of the school year, and why he was let go from other clubs, including FC Copa in New Jersey. I do not think you will find this guy getting good press anywhere unless JR is doing it himself...

JR is creep he is dating his own player he used to coach at FC COPA keep your kids away from him !!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704002 04/16/18 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, You are tight with the SUSA management. What do they say about this? Is this all hearsay or is there something to it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704007 04/16/18 04:27 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry, You are tight with the SUSA management. What do they say about this? Is this all hearsay or is there something to it?

What I can share with you is that when I was told JR went to SUSA I dropped a dime and spoke Moussa. Moussa and Glen know exactly how I feel about JR, and I believe I sent them the documentation I have from the Miller Place School District.

JR cant afford to lose his gig at SUSA because I don't know who else would employ him or the chick who was a player of his whom he is reported to be dating.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704022 04/16/18 09:09 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
[quote=Larry Miller][quote=Anonymous]Who is JR Balzarini? and are you implying there some issue with him and girls in particular like that guy at Albertson years back?

JR is creep he is dating his own player he used to coach at FC COPA keep your kids away from him !!!

Thank you to the person who posted the info on the GF player involved. I am holding that post about the GF player, but it was very helpful and it was very easy to connect the dots. I have been made aware that JR is aware of the recent posts. I would ask the OP what prompted this latest attack on JR? Email or private message me if you would?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704027 04/16/18 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Larry Miller][quote=Anonymous]Who is JR Balzarini? and are you implying there some issue with him and girls in particular like that guy at Albertson years back?

Thank you to the person who posted the info on the GF player involved. I am holding that post about the GF player, but it was very helpful and it was very easy to connect the dots. I have been made aware that JR is aware of the recent posts. I would ask the OP what prompted this latest attack on JR? Email or private message me if you would?

Is it pure arrogance by SUSA or stupidity to continue to have this guy coach girls/women? I mean this has disaster written all over it. Blown away. If they want to employ this guy, let him coach the boys.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704029 04/16/18 09:57 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Is it pure arrogance by SUSA or stupidity to continue to have this guy coach girls/women? I mean this has disaster written all over it. Blown away. If they want to employ this guy, let him coach the boys.

What makes you think it will change anything wink wink

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704215 04/19/18 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the arrogance and stupidity go hand in hand with JR and SUSA. Instead of JR laying low and being a great soccer trainer as he claims to be, he continues to be arrogant, sarcastic and does not bring anything close to a great soccer trainer to the table. SUSA gave him a new lease on life. The least he should do, is stop forcing girls to leave. As for SUSA, why would they hire a guy with such a reputation even after receiving information about him?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #704217 04/19/18 11:13 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I think the arrogance and stupidity go hand in hand with JR and SUSA. Instead of JR laying low and being a great soccer trainer as he claims to be, he continues to be arrogant, sarcastic and does not bring anything close to a great soccer trainer to the table. SUSA gave him a new lease on life. The least he should do, is stop forcing girls to leave. As for SUSA, why would they hire a guy with such a reputation even after receiving information about him?

I understand completely about his arrogance. It is his arrogance that has endeared me to him smile

In SUSA's defense they did due their due diligence, but IMO, did not dig deep enough and gave the benefit of the doubt to JR. On an another note, how are JR and his paramour Rebecca doing?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704218 04/19/18 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand completely about his arrogance. It is his arrogance that has endeared me to him smile

In SUSA's defense they did due their due diligence, but IMO, did not dig deep enough and gave the benefit of the doubt to JR. On an another note, how are JR and his paramour Rebecca doing?

Hahaha. apple don't fall too far from the tree. She's there as well

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #704231 04/19/18 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #707439 06/01/18 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the history surrounding the coach, this does look to be an interesting team and league. The team seems to have some pretty high level semi-pro and college players on it and most with local club connections. Does anyone know if attendance is free? It may be something for young aspiring female players to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707665 06/04/18 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the history surrounding the coach, this does look to be an interesting team and league. The team seems to have some pretty high level semi-pro and college players on it and most with local club connections. Does anyone know if attendance is free? It may be something for young aspiring female players to watch.

Attendance is $ 5

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #707686 06/04/18 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attendance is $ 5

there too many who believe that rumor's are facts. I have not seen any proof. He had to quit Miller Place School he did not have a Master degree. He has a sarcastic sense of humor. Check out the status of the teams where he is the coach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!