Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 10:06 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 08:51 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 08:35 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SUSA Announces Development Plan for Their Central Islip Sports Complex
#693797 10/17/17 12:55 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Islip, NY –SUSA Soccer announced today their plans for the development of Phase 1 of the new
“SUSA Sports Complex”. The sports facility project in Central Islip has recently been acquired by
SUSA Academy and will be the central hub for SUSA’s Long Island soccer operations. The plan is
vastly improved from the original developer's scope and is now a reality. Phase 1 of the current
project will consist of (4) outdoor lighted artificial turf fields, a facility field house including locker rooms,
office space, classroom space, trainer’s room, and facility restrooms. The venue will also include an
amenity area that will house an entry plaza, athletes square, food court, multipurpose event court,
shade structures and a children’s playground.

“The Town of Islip is delighted to welcome SUSA to its vibrant business community. This is a win, win
for the Town of Islip and for soccer players and enthusiasts all over Suffolk County and Long Island,
who’ll now have the opportunity to train and develop their skills in a state-of-the-art sports complex
right here in the Town of Islip,” said Supervisor Angie Carpenter.

SUSA Soccer ownership expects the development of this new Central Islip location to expand their
reach and assist in their support efforts of local youth soccer community clubs and their player pools
adding an additional level of progression for those players looking to reach the pinnacle of youth
soccer. In addition, SUSA is excited about partnering with the local community to bring multiple
programming initiatives focused on the enrichment of the children of the local community in addition to
helping local clubs expand their memberships. SUSA is hopeful to be playing on the new fields by the
second half of 2018.

"The addition of our new Central Islip location is a major stepping stone for SUSA Soccer and youth
sports on Long Island. We continue to do things differently by providing significant infrastructure for
our players, teams and alliance clubs. We will continue to work hand in hand with established
community clubs in order to create a true pathway for player development on long Island through
SUSA Soccer. Our vision is to create an elite platform for player development with state of the art
facilities across Long Island with an accredited and dedicated coaching staff. We continue to be
VERY excited about the future of soccer on Long Island.” -Moussa Sy, President & Director of
Coaching, SUSA Soccer

To learn more about this project or other SUSA programs, please visit us at: http://susaacademy.com/
To contact us please fill out our online contact form at: SUSA Sports

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: SUSA Announces Development Plan for Their Central Islip Sports Complex
Larry Miller #693833 10/17/17 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693847 10/18/17 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds great for the sport and the community.. I’m curious to see what becomes of Surf??

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693863 10/18/17 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds great for the sport and the community.. I’m curious to see what becomes of Surf??

the word is become irrelevant!!! having low level coaches and college coaches that dont understand youth player development doe not help. Had our daughter there last year and after one season we left to susa way better deal.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693881 10/18/17 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking into either Surf or kk for my 04 daughter. Surf seemed like a new up and coming club. I think I’ll bring her to some open practices and get a feel for the clubs

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693903 10/18/17 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is big news. SUSA's only challenge will be getting stable qualified coaches now that they are at over 50 teams

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693916 10/18/17 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean ? I'm stable .... my Doctor said so

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693917 10/18/17 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad to see that the property will be developed as it's an eye sore. Just reading the agreement it seems like it's a bad deal for the town. SUSA will make 6 to 8 times what they pay to lease the property in 1 tournament. Not including concession and other sales. If they run 3 or 4 tournaments a year plus leagues plus training it makes the lease seem stupid. Maybe the dummies at Islip have kids and grand kids that will play at a discount. The numbers should be understood before a final yes is given

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693919 10/18/17 04:35 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I'm glad to see that the property will be developed as it's an eye sore. Just reading the agreement it seems like it's a bad deal for the town. SUSA will make 6 to 8 times what they pay to lease the property in 1 tournament. Not including concession and other sales. If they run 3 or 4 tournaments a year plus leagues plus training it makes the lease seem stupid. Maybe the dummies at Islip have kids and grand kids that will play at a discount. The numbers should be understood before a final yes is given

Bitter and jealous a tad?

Maybe the dummies at the Town of Islip saw a golden opportunity, quoting you, "it's an eye sore", to have the private sector come in and make that eyesore into eye candy? Maybe you're the dummy? I say you are.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693928 10/18/17 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe having your own facilities is the future of youth sports. Power move by SUSA to separate themselves from the logjam of soccer programs on LI. We left Susa a few years back while they worked out the kinks that come along with a new business, but we might look into returning. I could see them absorbing/merging with other programs. If they can somehow get the DA or ECNL that could be a game changer aswell.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693935 10/18/17 10:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously know nothing about the 04 girls landscape on long island. Kk is done in this age group and Surf never even got started so you're choosing between bad and worse

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693959 10/19/17 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously know nothing about the 04 girls landscape on long island. Kk is done in this age group and Surf never even got started so you're choosing between bad and worse

I obviously don’t know much about the landscape which is why I came here asking for guidance

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693965 10/19/17 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot. You obviously know nothing about Surf. Surf is a great club with great coaching. You should go watch a practice.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693969 10/19/17 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I obviously don’t know much about the landscape which is why I came here asking for guidance

Perhaps a better place to find info on girls 04 programs would be the girls 04 thread...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693971 10/19/17 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps a better place to find info on girls 04 programs would be the girls 04 thread...

Thank you. I’ll do that. I didn’t know there was one

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693982 10/19/17 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot. You obviously know nothing about Surf. Surf is a great club with great coaching. You should go watch a practice.

After looking into it , it seems Surf doesn’t have an 04 team. And looking into Susa it seems if your not on the top team it’s pointless?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693987 10/19/17 11:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf has a 2004 team. They have a team for most years if not all.
And why is it pointless joining SUSA if you aren't on the top team? Their Elite teams have some very talented girls and boys. People on here talk like if you aren't on DA or ECNL you might as well quit soccer because you have no talent. That is so ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #693993 10/19/17 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Maybe the dummies at the Town of Islip saw a golden opportunity, quoting you, "it's an eye sore", to have the private sector come in and make that eyesore into eye candy? Maybe you're the dummy? I say you are.

Larry, do you think this is a great deal for the Islip taxpayer? If you were a resident of Islip you would wholeheartedly support this deal?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693994 10/19/17 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are saying it isn't worth the cost if you are not on the top team.

Surf 04 girls play EDP.
Surf 04 Westchester girls also play EDP.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693996 10/19/17 12:10 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Larry, do you think this is a great deal for the Islip taxpayer? If you were a resident of Islip you would wholeheartedly support this deal?

How can they or me (if a resident) not be happy? A private company is coming in and taking what is being reported as an eyesore and making into an asset without taxpayer money. What's not to like? The residents should be happy. What would you think about this venture if instead of a sports facility is was a shopping mall or strip mall?

I dont understand your objection unless you're the same guy who killed the rental deal at Sachem?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #694003 10/19/17 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they or me (if a resident) not be happy? A private company is coming in and taking what is being reported as an eyesore and making into an asset without taxpayer money. What's not to like? The residents should be happy. What would you think about this venture if instead of a sports facility is was a shopping mall or strip mall?

I dont understand your objection unless you're the same guy who killed the rental deal at Sachem?

I am a taxpayer in Islip and yes I think its a great deal. It's property that has NEVER been on the tax roll and now is through an IDA agreement. In addition to that, a private developer bought all of the property across the street that is/was NYIT. That is all going on to the tax rolls as well. In addition to that benefit, there is now a substantial business that will bring thousands of people to our downtowns, fill up hotel rooms, and create additional revenues and opportunity. This is a GREAT deal for the TOI. Get a clue and go to some meetings before you speak negative about a project that is GREAT for me and my fellow residents. I am also a business owner in TOI so have a view from both sides of this. My kid plays soccer at EI and is looking for more. I am going to look into that side of it as well. Hater!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #694017 10/19/17 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all, I am happy that it will be used as a sports facility not that what I think really matters. The economics of the deal seem very tilted toward SUSA and away from the Islip taxpayers. Yes the lot is an eyesore now but it wasn't prior to the initial public private deal. It was an ordinary baseball complex. The property surrounding this complex will skyrocket over the next 10 to 15 years as development surely comes. If the town sold the property it could fetch nearly $5 million. If the town invested that money in a simple fixed income fund it would be worth 20 to 25 mill in 20 to 25 yrs. And they would be realizing substantial taxes from the developed land. Here they get 70k a year on a long term lease with much less tax revenue. While SUSA can run huge profitable tournaments multiple times per year. The deal should be at the least $125k per year. If you were negotiating on behalf of the town you would never accept $70k. It is most definitely a great deal for SUSA. I am not begrudging SUSA as it's a great job by their management team but imo it seems like not such a great deal for the residents. Maybe sweeten it by offering Islip residents reduced fees compared to non Islip residents. That works

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #694020 10/19/17 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all, I am happy that it will be used as a sports facility not that what I think really matters. The economics of the deal seem very tilted toward SUSA and away from the Islip taxpayers. Yes the lot is an eyesore now but it wasn't prior to the initial public private deal. It was an ordinary baseball complex. The property surrounding this complex will skyrocket over the next 10 to 15 years as development surely comes. If the town sold the property it could fetch nearly $5 million. If the town invested that money in a simple fixed income fund it would be worth 20 to 25 mill in 20 to 25 yrs. And they would be realizing substantial taxes from the developed land. Here they get 70k a year on a long term lease with much less tax revenue. While SUSA can run huge profitable tournaments multiple times per year. The deal should be at the least $125k per year. If you were negotiating on behalf of the town you would never accept $70k. It is most definitely a great deal for SUSA. I am not begrudging SUSA as it's a great job by their management team but imo it seems like not such a great deal for the residents. Maybe sweeten it by offering Islip residents reduced fees compared to non Islip residents. That works

That in he lease. Also in the lease SUSA must provide free programming to residents of TOI. Happy now? WTF???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #694022 10/19/17 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a taxpayer in Islip and yes I think its a great deal. It's property that has NEVER been on the tax roll and now is through an IDA agreement. In addition to that, a private developer bought all of the property across the street that is/was NYIT. That is all going on to the tax rolls as well. In addition to that benefit, there is now a substantial business that will bring thousands of people to our downtowns, fill up hotel rooms, and create additional revenues and opportunity. This is a GREAT deal for the TOI. Get a clue and go to some meetings before you speak negative about a project that is GREAT for me and my fellow residents. I am also a business owner in TOI so have a view from both sides of this. My kid plays soccer at EI and is looking for more. I am going to look into that side of it as well. Hater!

a Zen master who observes the people of his village celebrating a young boy's new horse as a wonderful gift. "We'll see," the Zen master says. When the boy falls off the horse and breaks a leg, everyone says the horse is a curse. "We'll see," says the master. Then war breaks out, the boy cannot be conscripted because of his injury, and everyone now says the horse was a fortunate gift. "We'll see," the master says again.
IT'S A GREAT DEAL! I SAY, WE'LL SEE.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #694035 10/19/17 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phenomenal deal all aroud. Its good to see land being used for something other than another shopping center or apartment complex. Wish they would do the same thing at Pilgrim state. Gotta give credit to Susa trying to separate themselves from the logjam of long island soccer programs. Hopefully they can get rewarded with the DA or ECNL to really seperate themselves from the pack.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!