Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL (Enhanced) | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 05:57 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 04:37 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/21/20 04:31 PM
Did SUSA put Money Before Safety?
by Larry Miller - 09/21/20 03:01 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
USA men team fail to qualify
#693077 10/11/17 06:59 AM
Gg1j18 Offline OP
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
As I’m sure almost everyone in our great country by now knows
The USA men’s team will NOT be heading to the World Cup

Saw this tweet and it sums it up perfectly
💔🇺🇸https://twitter.com/brfootball

A win and we would have gotten USA in and we loss to a team from Trinidad and Tobago 🇹🇹
A team who already had been eliminated from World Cup contention they had nothing to play for
Except pride - they certainly showed some - team USA not so much

Another tweet posted stated that USA men’s soccer regreeedsd 30 years in 90 minutes https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine

A opinion that I very much agree with

And now let’s touch briefly on the lack of emotion showed by Bruce in the post game press conference
He doesn’t show any reaction he doesn’t think anything needs to change
Bruce wake up - we are the laughing stock of men’s soccer

US soccer fans asking "clean house?" No. Level it. Rebuild. A reality check. From rock bottom CAN come rebirth. But For now, we are pissed

ESPN’s Chris Fowler said it best https://twitter.com/cbfowler

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USA men team fail to qualify
Gg1j18 #693078 10/11/17 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a shame. Stay strong and change 🇺🇸.change starts with Bruce. Younger , stronger , faster.

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693083 10/11/17 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete and utter disgrace, terrible day to be an American soccer fan, and as a parent of a youth player, all I can say is thank God my kid is female...

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693084 10/11/17 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too much money involved with advancing in a sport where you need a ball and some dirt. Klinsman should have never been fired, he realized youth was important and if he stayed and we lost so what. Now we lost with our supposed best. What a joke. Wake up US Soccer, where was Matt Miazga, a local young talent. Wait our greedy owners sold him to Europe where all good future talent goes. All about the Benjamins, screw US Soccer. And lastly, watch a Bosnia, Croatia or any other small countries game, players standing and loudly singing their National Anthem, Screw the NFL too. I am going to start watching Curling on TV

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693088 10/11/17 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Complete and utter disgrace, terrible day to be an American soccer fan, and as a parent of a youth player, all I can say is thank God my kid is female...

Blind perspective. Its the same people in charge. Dont mistake a systemic advantage for quality

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693090 10/11/17 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blind perspective. Its the same people in charge. Dont mistake a systemic advantage for quality

Exactly

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693091 10/11/17 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Failure right down to the DA level. DA is a joke. The talk-the-talk but don't walk-the-walk. Fire the lot of them. Time for a real re-boot.

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693093 10/11/17 09:55 AM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
It is a flawed development model. I was decrying the fact that it was smoke and mirrors 8 years ago....... we have actually gone backwards......what difference has "no high school" soccer made.....absolutely none. Too much travel, too much money, too heavy a burden on families of modest means. Until someone figures out that kids get better by working on their own and playing outside of a structured "practice" I mean "training", we will keep doing the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693096 10/11/17 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like a team of mercenaries, not patriots

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693098 10/11/17 10:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked like a team of mercenaries, not patriots

Patriots?? Hahahaha, surprised no one took a knee, #USA#2

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693099 10/11/17 10:15 AM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
Arena needs to go!!! The fish rots from the head!! Wake up!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #693100 10/11/17 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're exactly right. Kids need to play on their own like in other countries, as US kids do with basketball. Sporting KC has the right idea, they built 20 open futsal courts in 11 locations around their metropolitan area. Kids can pop-in and play some small-sided and be creative trying to toast their friends. Footskills come from work with the ball on your own - not at "organized" practice.

https://www.sportingkc.com/futsal

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #693101 10/11/17 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Falcon
It is a flawed development model. I was decrying the fact that it was smoke and mirrors 8 years ago....... we have actually gone backwards......what difference has "no high school" soccer made.....absolutely none. Too much travel, too much money, too heavy a burden on families of modest means. Until someone figures out that kids get better by working on their own and playing outside of a structured "practice" I mean "training", we will keep doing the same thing.

Well said, no wonder we can't develop anyone here at that level. Trainers having four or five teams and stopping practice at exactly the 75 minute mark to jump to the next team. But there's one other thing - HEART. The team play with none last night. Zero. No urgency. Bradley constantly playing the ball back. Go forward! They can't because they don't have the necessary skills to possess. Maybe we need a Central / South American coach and staff to head this mess.

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693102 10/11/17 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all the same B.S. From MLS and US Soccer to the youth game. The focus is on money, politics and who you know. The people in charge wont give up power on any level. Its never in the interest of someone else's kid or what's best for the sport.
ME,ME,ME, MY,MY,MY
Nassau County cant put their top 20 players on a team together, Huntington cant put their top 20 kids on the same team at any age level. MLS cant even put the top 20 guys on the same team to compete internationally.

Soccer in this country is a joke!
SPEND, SPEND, SPEND in the end some Harvey Weinstein is in control and if you don't kiss it, your out...
There is so much talent in this country. its sad

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693104 10/11/17 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guys looked tired the whole game. No sense of urgency whatsoever. We went in so cocky and just couldn't finish. They must've passed the ball to the opposing goalie 10 times. I must have screamed "run" a million times lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693108 10/11/17 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693110 10/11/17 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. The US women's dominance is just about over. Other countries have caught up.
The women's team has relied on physical dominance all these years. Now countries with far greater technical players also have the physical component also.
If you watch the women's game you see it.

And on the men's side it's no a disgrace. That's the soccer style we play in this country.
Too much emphasis on taller ,faster, stronger at young ages. The technically gifted creative players are overlooked mostly. Watch youth and high school games. Let's put the tallest fasted player up top and play kick and run. Lol

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693116 10/11/17 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer is not rocket-science, and yet we as a rich nation with a big population still can't figure it out. Failure to qualify is a huge lost opportunity to continue the rising momentum of interest in the game. More parents are steering their kids away from football because of CTE concerns (yes, it happens in soccer too, but football has the constant sub-concussive hits that many experts believe is the main cause). Baseball is too boring for today's internet obsessed, XBox youth that demand near constant action. So potentially we could have more of our "great athletes" picking soccer over the other sports - but that won't happen because the status quo will continue to repeat these failures. Afterall, last night they said "we don't need to change anything" or "it was a matter of inches, no need to rehaul the whole organization." Definitely not "inches" when you only get 13 points out of 30 in a bad soccer neighborhood.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693119 10/11/17 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. The US women's dominance is just about over. Other countries have caught up.
The women's team has relied on physical dominance all these years. Now countries with far greater technical players also have the physical component also.

And on the men's side it's no a disgrace. That's the soccer style we play in this country.
Too much emphasis on taller ,faster, stronger at young ages. The technically gifted creative players are overlooked mostly. Watch youth and high school games. Let's put the tallest fasted player up top and play kick and run. Lol

100000% correct did you guys see the SHE BELIEVES CUP??? US WOMENS team lost to both England and France now you may ask why??? USA players privileges playing o turf fields all nice and crap ...England and France play in mud and grass yes??? Bingoooo both games lost on grass by USA... all i saw as soon as the ball started bouncing due to grass imperfection the Players went nuts could not handle the ball. KEEP COACHING KICK AND RUN PHYSICAL PLAY SOME MORE....THE RESULTS WILL SHOW AS GOD IS MY WITNESS NEXT WORLD CUP FOR THE US WOMEN THEY WILL NOT WIN AND MAY NOT EVEN GET OUT OF THE GROUP AND THEN EVERYONES EYES WILL OPEN.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693124 10/11/17 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100000% correct did you guys see the SHE BELIEVES CUP??? US WOMENS team lost to both England and France now you may ask why??? USA players privileges playing o turf fields all nice and crap ...England and France play in mud and grass yes??? Bingoooo both games lost on grass by USA... all i saw as soon as the ball started bouncing due to grass imperfection the Players went nuts could not handle the ball. KEEP COACHING KICK AND RUN PHYSICAL PLAY SOME MORE....THE RESULTS WILL SHOW AS GOD IS MY WITNESS NEXT WORLD CUP FOR THE US WOMEN THEY WILL NOT WIN AND MAY NOT EVEN GET OUT OF THE GROUP AND THEN EVERYONES EYES WILL OPEN.

so very true

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693128 10/11/17 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great players and talent are created from a proper learning environment , Before they started developing professional coaches the players learned by playing the game. Now they learn about tactics rather than learning how to survive and handle situations in a game. Youth players don't need professional coaches. Parents are misled by paying big amounts of cash to play 3 months of the year in college

Like Reply Quote
Gg1j18 #693129 10/11/17 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope Solo was the great eraser for the USA. She cleaned up a lot of mistakes for them, even in the last WC. Im not even looking at results from SBC. Just look at the tactical and technical levels of the teams. The US are not well equipped to play a slower technical game where you need to , at times, possess the ball and move the opponent around to create. The US want to play 100 mph all the time and preferably on the counter off mistakes. The better teams make fewer and fewer mistakes.

A College system that allows almost unlimited subs, promotes this 100 mph play. Kids do not have to learn to control the pace of games to manage fitness, get tired get a breather and come back in. As of now, College IS the development model for the NT and we play to a set of rules that no one else plays.

Im not saying we dont have good players, we do, but several lack tactical and technical awareness very late on in life. We may always have enough to be a top soccer nation on the womens side becasue of T9, but I doubt we will dominate without changes

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693130 10/11/17 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent Article!! Way to set the path FC Dallas.
Thanks for the share

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #693134 10/11/17 01:06 PM
F
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
F
You're exactly right. Kids need to play on their own like in other countries, as US kids do with basketball. Sporting KC has the right idea, they built 20 open futsal courts in 11 locations around their metropolitan area. Kids can pop-in and play some small-sided and be creative trying to toast their friends. Footskills come from work with the ball on your own - not at "organized" practice.

https://www.sportingkc.com/futsal

I would put these courts on school grounds if possible. You see these sorts of things in Europe....courts that double as basketball / Futsal courts. Kids can play on their own or with friends...... like pick up basketball..... heavy travel and competitive games are not necessary until a certain proficiency has been reached. Until then, I would emphasize keeping things local, say within a 1 hour radius.

Like Reply Quote
Falcon #693138 10/11/17 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The USSF Development Academy has FAILED.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!