Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |


Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 10/28/20 07:30 PM
SUSA Happy Feet Starts November 30th! Ages 2-4
by Larry Miller - 10/28/20 05:05 PM
SUSA Bright Futures Starts November 30th! Ages 5-8
by Larry Miller - 10/28/20 05:04 PM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 108 109
USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
#687242 07/27/17 08:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,133
Likes: 23
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,133
Likes: 23
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this league

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687428 07/29/17 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687438 07/29/17 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the poster above. That should apply to posts about NPL and EDP as well.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687440 07/29/17 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

You would be wrong. Some of the best players are with DA teams. Red Bulls and NYCFC cut players again last season only to make the same mistakes again for next season. Why do these teams have such a hard time selecting good players ?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687447 07/29/17 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are happy to let other teams "develop " the better kids and then they come in with the "We are MLS" card. It will work 95% of the time.
they dropped most of the 2002s and the 2001s have to go to preseason tryouts with other invited 2001s.
This could mean a player is cut in August. This is just not fair.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687448 07/29/17 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.


The keep the DA rah-rah cr*p out of the other threads.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687449 07/29/17 09:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

You would be wrong. Some of the best players are with DA teams. Red Bulls and NYCFC cut players again last season only to make the same mistakes again for next season. Why do these teams have such a hard time selecting good players ?


You are tripping over your own logic. If NYCFC and Red Bulls cut some players and replaced them with others, that is an example of better players moving to these clubs over time. You sound like a whiny loser. Why are you on this thread? Stay in your small town in Long Island and tell your kid who's playing in a lame league that he is better than all the kids on the Red Bulls.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687450 07/29/17 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

You would be wrong. Some of the best players are with DA teams. Red Bulls and NYCFC cut players again last season only to make the same mistakes again for next season. Why do these teams have such a hard time selecting good players ?


Because players develop at different rates at different times - and these clubs can select the best players at any time. Why is that a bad thing? These are full-scholarship academies. Do you think that if you are selected at age 11 you have a right to play on the Red Bulls U18 and take a spot from a better player? Of course not. Go back to your small town team (and your own thread).

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687452 07/29/17 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.


The keep the DA rah-rah cr*p out of the other threads.


Why? The other threads are about specific age groups - which include non-DA and DA teams. We are welcome to participate in those threads. You are not welcome here. It may not seem fair to you, but it makes sense. Deal with it.
PS Which non-DA club has the misfortune of having you as a parent?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687481 07/30/17 07:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

You would be wrong. Some of the best players are with DA teams. Red Bulls and NYCFC cut players again last season only to make the same mistakes again for next season. Why do these teams have such a hard time selecting good players ?


You are tripping over your own logic. If NYCFC and Red Bulls cut some players and replaced them with others, that is an example of better players moving to these clubs over time. You sound like a whiny loser. Why are you on this thread? Stay in your small town in Long Island and tell your kid who's playing in a lame league that he is better than all the kids on the Red Bulls.

How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687485 07/30/17 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point about turnover is complicated.

I don't know the ins and outs of player selection at Red Bulls or NYCFC. But for those clubs - and all DA clubs, and other clubs for that matter - don't kids improve at different times and different paces? So the best 12 year olds are not necessarily the best 14 year olds or the best 18 year olds.

Regardless of whether the player selection is right or wrong at a moment in time, isn't it natural that players will get cut and replaced by other players over the course of several years? Maybe there are specific examples of kids being selected over kids that are clearly better, which would not be good for anyone or the team. But in general, why is turnover a sign that a club doesn't know what it is doing?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687491 07/30/17 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't waste your ti,e with red bulls. They have not proven track record of developing players. They take RDS kids whose parents spent big $'s and those whose trainers made phone calls. . There are small % of kids who actually earned their spot.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687494 07/30/17 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.
[/quote]

Dude, you just bragged on line that your son is (a) on the Red Bulls, and (b) better than most of his teammates - when nobody asked and when that info was unnecessary to make your point. Do you know what that makes you? A shell of a man and a lame soccer dad.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687498 07/30/17 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Dude, you just bragged on line that your son is (a) on the Red Bulls, and (b) better than most of his teammates - when nobody asked and when that info was unnecessary to make your point. Do you know what that makes you? A shell of a man and a lame soccer dad. [/quote]


Just magnifies how much of an a$$wipe he must be. Kid must be the favorite of his teammates. Lol . Dad is most likely 5.4" and about 240Lbs. . He was the star of his HS team from bumf&$k Iowa. His kid is the next in a line of a$$wipes, give it another 30 years.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687499 07/30/17 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Quote
Dude, you just bragged on line that your son is (a) on the Red Bulls, and (b) better than most of his teammates - when nobody asked and when that info was unnecessary to make your point. Do you know what that makes you? A shell of a man and a lame soccer dad.

No, just the proud father of a great player. I said there are players better than my son playing academy and non academy. Just used that as an example to show DA player selection is very bad and sometimes has more to do with who you know than how good your son is. Your statement starting with "Dude" makes you an idiot and the rest makes you sound jealous.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687507 07/30/17 07:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Quote
Dude, you just bragged on line that your son is (a) on the Red Bulls, and (b) better than most of his teammates - when nobody asked and when that info was unnecessary to make your point. Do you know what that makes you? A shell of a man and a lame soccer dad.

No, just the proud father of a great player. I said there are players better than my son playing academy and non academy. Just used that as an example to show DA player selection is very bad and sometimes has more to do with who you know than how good your son is. Your statement starting with "Dude" makes you an idiot and the rest makes you sound jealous.




No you match the description after the Dude comment a bit better I would guess.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687509 07/30/17 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you please not allow anymore Barca crap on this DA thread.
In this area we have a strong DA team base and with nycfc entering the younger age groups it will be an interesting season. I believe the best players in the area are in the DA teams.
Good luck to everyone.

You would be wrong. Some of the best players are with DA teams. Red Bulls and NYCFC cut players again last season only to make the same mistakes again for next season. Why do these teams have such a hard time selecting good players ?


You are tripping over your own logic. If NYCFC and Red Bulls cut some players and replaced them with others, that is an example of better players moving to these clubs over time. You sound like a whiny loser. Why are you on this thread? Stay in your small town in Long Island and tell your kid who's playing in a lame league that he is better than all the kids on the Red Bulls.

How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Total loser

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687522 07/31/17 01:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it, and where does rb takes their kids from ? The affiliates and other clubs ? Then we should praised them not the rbs !

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687526 07/31/17 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Please seek psychiatric help now. And stop bragging about your son - it is not good for him.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687539 07/31/17 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]How am I tripping over my own logic ? The players that were cut should never had made the team in the first place. They held the team back and were a waste of time. Those players are just in the way of the better players. I can give many examples of weak players that made the Red Bulls just because they were RDS graduates. I can also give you examples of great players who should have made the Red Bulls but didn't. I don't need to tell my son he's better than most of his teammates at the Red Bulls, he can see that himself. I do tell him not to get full of himself because there are better kids not playing for the Red Bulls. I would assume NYCFC is worse since they take kids the Red Bulls cut.


Please seek psychiatric help now. And stop bragging about your son - it is not good for him.


I agree with the original post. Academy teams don't do a good job selecting players. I've been very surprised at some of the selections but felt academy coaches must know better than me. It looks like they don't know better or there are many favors. I know for a fact that a few players who were cut from academy had a hard time making a travel team.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687543 07/31/17 11:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well RDS pre academy was the best example . A. Couple players got some xtra help to get In ,while good players were left out. Where are they now ?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687547 07/31/17 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
I agree with the original post. Academy teams don't do a good job selecting players. I've been very surprised at some of the selections but felt academy coaches must know better than me. It looks like they don't know better or there are many favors. I know for a fact that a few players who were cut from academy had a hard time making a travel team. [/quote]

All you have said is that selection is not perfect at a moment in time - and it is continuous. Weak players get cut from DA teams and/ or don't play. You have added nothing to the discussion and you have not succeeded in throwing share on the DA. Why are you on this thread?

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687548 07/31/17 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RDS and NYRB academy are different programs.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687549 07/31/17 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well RDS pre academy was the best example . A. Couple players got some xtra help to get In ,while good players were left out. Where are they now ?


RDS pre-academy is not DA. You're on the wrong thread.

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Anonymous #687576 07/31/17 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all losers and full of yourselves. It is a free country anyone can be on this thread, including me, and my son is better then all of yours.

Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 108 109

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!