Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/26/20 09:54 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/26/20 10:41 AM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/25/20 11:17 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 148 149
USSF GDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
#687241 07/27/17 08:37 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this league

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: USSF GDA Fall 2017/Spring 2018
Larry Miller #687263 07/27/17 09:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to be the first to say that NYCFC will be top dog in this league at most age groups. I also want to let you know the rosters are now full. Thanks for trying out.

Anonymous #687273 07/27/17 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I want to be the first to say that NYCFC will be top dog in this league at most age groups. I also want to let you know the rosters are now full. Thanks for trying out.

We know some of the girls on the 01/02 team, and I agree, tough & rough, best of luck to them!!!

Larry Miller #687288 07/27/17 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does FC fury stack in the division, they seem pretty loaded but im sure FC stars will be tops also as they always seem to be

Larry Miller #687291 07/27/17 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is not going to be easy to naivagte/understand given there is U14, 15 16-17 and 18-19 GDA teams. . Four Teams per club. Impossible to know what anyone is referring to unless you specify.

Anonymous #687293 07/27/17 02:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is not going to be easy to naivagte/understand given there is U14, 15 16-17 and 18-19 GDA teams. . Four Teams per club. Impossible to know what anyone is referring to unless you specify.

There are two GDA clubs on long island. It shouldn't be a problem.

Anonymous #687296 07/27/17 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two clubs. 5 different age groups. Not the brightest

Anonymous #687311 07/27/17 04:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two clubs. 5 different age groups. Not the brightest

There's four age groups, but who's counting?

Larry Miller #687318 07/27/17 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, almost forgot, NYSC Sky Black-and-Blue, will be just that, will be very painful to watch, but who’s watching?

Anonymous #687358 07/28/17 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy, gonna be long season.

Larry Miller #687784 08/03/17 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the high school pre-season AND the GDA start up in about 2 weeks, how are things shaking out for the oldest GDA age group - 99/00? Seniors? How are waivers being distributed? GDA rules state it's primarily for private school players. Have the bulk of the local GDA seniors (WC i.e. NYCFC, NYSC i.e. Sky Blue) accepted the NO HIGH SCHOOL RULE and are giving up their last year? Or have they declined their club's offers and chosen to stick with high school? If players chose high school, they had to have found another team or club to move to so they can play club as well. Thoughts?

Anonymous #687836 08/04/17 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the high school pre-season AND the GDA start up in about 2 weeks, how are things shaking out for the oldest GDA age group - 99/00? Seniors? How are waivers being distributed? GDA rules state it's primarily for private school players. Have the bulk of the local GDA seniors (WC i.e. NYCFC, NYSC i.e. Sky Blue) accepted the NO HIGH SCHOOL RULE and are giving up their last year? Or have they declined their club's offers and chosen to stick with high school? If players chose high school, they had to have found another team or club to move to so they can play club as well. Thoughts?

Almost any senior, especially any that are strong players, are already recruited and don't need GDA. Giving up their old teams, club and HS, is asking a great deal for some players (while others can walk away). Just about any top sophomore or junior will also already be recruited or well into the process. GDA has to build from the younger players and should have started there to prove its value and basically ensnare players before they've been in HS (U12+). Sure clubs have filled teams but at the older ages often times it isn't all the top players, especially if the club isn't all that great (and there are plenty of those).

Anonymous #687893 08/04/17 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A local GDA has given all their seniors waivers. At least 7 if not more.

Anonymous #687896 08/04/17 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A local GDA has given all their seniors waivers. At least 7 if not more.

GDA has no intetest in the seniors, he was just a money grab conceded to the clubs so they could help fund the younger teams. It's an ego thing for parents, my kids in playing " US Academy Soccer".

Larry Miller #687898 08/04/17 07:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the part of this that gets lost is what 10m of training can do for the player. the GDA has every interest in seniors that are actually serious about becoming better players. Waivers are fine if HS is where your head is at, but anyone who thinks the GDA is not going to be good for seniors is missing the point.

Anonymous #687899 08/04/17 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the part of this that gets lost is what 10m of training can do for the player. the GDA has every interest in seniors that are actually serious about becoming better players. Waivers are fine if HS is where your head is at, but anyone who thinks the GDA is not going to be good for seniors is missing the point.

I agree, if your daughter is college bound in 2018, the GDA is the second best place to be, after ECNL : )

Anonymous #687903 08/04/17 08:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Woof, lay off the kool aid, it's poison!!!

Anonymous #687904 08/04/17 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then what is your point. For many Seniors this is there last "go round" at school and the vast majority want to partake in playing high school soccer with there school friends. There final year not only playing sports but do many events is a finality for them and they do not want to miss out on these last school events. Parents just do not see it that way. GDA has not even begun yet and here you are saying with certainty that GDA has every interest in Seniors that are actually serious about becoming better players. What are you basing that on? You have no clue other Han High school stinks and GDA is going to make your senior a better player. So I guess I am missing the point about GDA. I think I will have a better understanding after 3 seasons of GDA but until then how is GDA going to help a Senior in the immediate future.

Anonymous #687927 08/05/17 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then what is your point. For many Seniors this is there last "go round" at school and the vast majority want to partake in playing high school soccer with there school friends. There final year not only playing sports but do many events is a finality for them and they do not want to miss out on these last school events. Parents just do not see it that way. GDA has not even begun yet and here you are saying with certainty that GDA has every interest in Seniors that are actually serious about becoming better players. What are you basing that on? You have no clue other Han High school stinks and GDA is going to make your senior a better player. So I guess I am missing the point about GDA. I think I will have a better understanding after 3 seasons of GDA but until then how is GDA going to help a Senior in the immediate future.

Based on some of the clubs admitted to GDA, along with the fact that the coaches are still the same coaches out there in the spring, I am not convinced GDA is necessarily a better place to be in the short term. It largely depends on the club and who they play. Some GDA clubs are good and hopefully they brought in the player and coaching talent to support it. But some are anything but and games against them will be garbage. Most ECNL clubs around here held pretty solid so ECNL competition will remain solid. Add the HS component and it's not wonder there wasn't the seismic shift to GDA that USSF was hoping for. Over time it may shift over, but not until older players in the system work their way through AND USSF can prove it is the better place to develop talent and get recruited. With a shaky start that won't be so easy.

Anonymous #687934 08/05/17 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on some of the clubs admitted to GDA, along with the fact that the coaches are still the same coaches out there in the spring, I am not convinced GDA is necessarily a better place to be in the short term. It largely depends on the club and who they play. Some GDA clubs are good and hopefully they brought in the player and coaching talent to support it. But some are anything but and games against them will be garbage. Most ECNL clubs around here held pretty solid so ECNL competition will remain solid. Add the HS component and it's not wonder there wasn't the seismic shift to GDA that USSF was hoping for. Over time it may shift over, but not until older players in the system work their way through AND USSF can prove it is the better place to develop talent and get recruited. With a shaky start that won't be so easy.

you have very little idea what the National shift will or wont be. You say

- ECNL will be solid. How so? Several teams have lost their best players.
- ECNL already contains some clubs that are garbage
- If the same coaches are offering at least as much as they did in the ECNL to similar players at the same locations then I struggle to understand how you think it will be worse than the equivalent ECNL offering. You say it depends on who they play, but if all the teams are weaker, then surely everyone is impacted. Are EM 00 a better ECNL team now because they now beat an NPL equivalent team at another Club whose best players are in the GDA ?
- The HS component is not universally popular. Everyone just assumes it is.
- if you look, the clubs that most consider better are able to offer both. Why do they bother if ECNL is so superior? I assume its becasue there are meaningful numbers of players who want GDA. If that is true, then surely that is going to weaken BOTH offerings.

In short, all the things you cite as negative for the GDA are also negative for the ECNL. It is no longer a good bet that the majority of the top 50 players in an area will be in the ECNL so the impact is

The only point I made was that its missing the point if you think GDA is bad for HS seniors. Why do some want waivers then? Its a very simple choice play full time club or play HS. No one choice is right for everyone. Pick the one you think suits you, but to denigrate the other is stupid.

It will be very interesting to see how many of the regions top seniors play in the GDA. Judging by the ECNL id2 camp lists and the pre season AA lists its a lot more than people think

Anonymous #687950 08/06/17 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have very little idea what the National shift will or wont be. You say

- ECNL will be solid. How so? Several teams have lost their best players.
- ECNL already contains some clubs that are garbage
- If the same coaches are offering at least as much as they did in the ECNL to similar players at the same locations then I struggle to understand how you think it will be worse than the equivalent ECNL offering. You say it depends on who they play, but if all the teams are weaker, then surely everyone is impacted. Are EM 00 a better ECNL team now because they now beat an NPL equivalent team at another Club whose best players are in the GDA ?
- The HS component is not universally popular. Everyone just assumes it is.
- if you look, the clubs that most consider better are able to offer both. Why do they bother if ECNL is so superior? I assume its becasue there are meaningful numbers of players who want GDA. If that is true, then surely that is going to weaken BOTH offerings.

In short, all the things you cite as negative for the GDA are also negative for the ECNL. It is no longer a good bet that the majority of the top 50 players in an area will be in the ECNL so the impact is

The only point I made was that its missing the point if you think GDA is bad for HS seniors. Why do some want waivers then? Its a very simple choice play full time club or play HS. No one choice is right for everyone. Pick the one you think suits you, but to denigrate the other is stupid.

It will be very interesting to see how many of the regions top seniors play in the GDA. Judging by the ECNL id2 camp lists and the pre season AA lists its a lot more than people think

Not the poster but from what I've seen yes some - some- top players have moved to GDA but by no means all. The rest of the rosters are filled with lower level players who are willing to give up HS and/or aren't on ECNL rosters. That won't make for strong teams. Some of the clubs are piss poor, again meaning the competition won't be consistently higher than ECNL. GDA requires higher licensure but few coaches have it and won't for some time, so no coaching improvements there for now. Time will tell if the clubs that are doing both are able to pull it off long term (if either league even continues to allow it). Most that are doing hare in large population areas so the numbers can justify trying to do both.

Net/net both leagues will be in flux for awhile. Many older players aren't moving over because 1) it's unproven 2) they're recruited already or close 3) are in HS and won't walk away 4) a combination. The evidence of success will be if they can retain the younger players entering the system before HS. I think GDA has many good points, but I would have started with the younger ages (u12-u15). That way kids aren't in HS yet, clubs can train kids at an earlier age in the "DA Way" and build from there. But that would have required a long term view and it seems much of what they want to accomplish is to just kill off ECNL. I think ECNL will also be just fine - it won't be number 1 over time, but will still do well. GDA can't fill all the college roster spots out there just like ECNL doesn't now. NPL is the loser in all of this.

Larry Miller #687961 08/06/17 03:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing you are missing with starting at younger age is the role model effect. If 70 pct of the YNT players that these kids look up to go GDA, then the youngsters are more likely to follow. If 30 pct go GDA its a much tougher sell.

At least you recognize that all leagues are going to be impacted.

Is a league without several of its very best players, but depth a good league? I dont have the answers but there are 2 purposes of these leagues - getting seen and getting better. If you remove the best players from the discussion who are already seen, you can make a case for much of the criticism of GDA being unproven etc. A midlevel HS senior may like the idea of more PT and HS over the GDA. I get that. An elite HS senior player with a commitment has a very different decision.

Thats is where a lot of the disagreement comes in. Are those players driven enough to sacrifice HS for more Club on the understanding that Club training probably gives them a better chance of improving?

No decision is right for all the players, you have to pick whats best for you.

Anonymous #687966 08/06/17 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing you are missing with starting at younger age is the role model effect. If 70 pct of the YNT players that these kids look up to go GDA, then the youngsters are more likely to follow. If 30 pct go GDA its a much tougher sell.

Is a league without several of its very best players, but depth a good league? I dont have the answers but there are 2 purposes of these leagues - getting seen and getting better. If you remove the best players from the discussion who are already seen, you can make a case for much of the criticism of GDA being unproven etc. A midlevel HS senior may like the idea of more PT and HS over the GDA. I get that. An elite HS senior player with a commitment has a very different decision.

Thats is where a lot of the disagreement comes in. Are those players driven enough to sacrifice HS for more Club on the understanding that Club training probably gives them a better chance of improving?

The fact that the majority of the most elite senior players (99/00 GDA) - let's say for argument sake in the northeast (from MA to NY) are choosing NOT to do GDA, says a lot about the credibility of the GDA and their oldest age group, because those players aren't even getting waivers and most GDAs have even declined the waiver idea all together. Yet other clubs in this area are simply plunking down their existing ECNL or NPL team into the GDA slot (whether they finished in 5th place or 13th place) and at the same time are taking girls that couldn't even make ECNL or were on the B team or C team. So the argument claiming the GDA has the top, most elite, national level players is simply ridiculous. In addition, coaches had to beg, then arm-twist, then pressure, then threaten their players to play GDA ... AND GIRLS STILL SAY NO! In desperation, clubs have resorted to giving waivers to their remaining seniors (who hadn't already left for other clubs) so they would have enough kids on their rosters. These are the very same players who were not good enough to make ECNL teams. These are the very same players who played for their NPL B teams and C teams. The very same girls who never started on their HS varsity teams or played 5 minutes a game. As a previous poster said, it's more likely that the younger age groups will be the proving ground as to whether or not this will be the new top tier in soccer. But there's absolutely no way one can claim the same for the 99/00 age group. For many of those teams, it's going to be a disaster. Not to mention those seniors will have a very rude awakening when they find their lives are consumed with a 10 month schedule including mandatory 4 day a week practices, games and tournaments. Bye bye senior year.

Anonymous #687968 08/06/17 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other factor is that depending on the club choices available to you geographically, GDA may not be better training for the upcoming year depending on the specific coaches or clubs involved. There is no question that for this upcoming year there are players on GDA rosters who would not necessarily have even made ECNL rosters when that was the only game in town, even at the younger ages. There will be a lot of shakeup over time -- some of the current local GDA clubs may not even exist next year in their current form. Everyone needs to make the best of it, but I expect there will be a lot of movement both ways as people realize things aren't what they should be.

Anonymous #687970 08/06/17 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that the majority of the most elite senior players (99/00 GDA) - let's say for argument sake in the northeast (from MA to NY) are choosing NOT to do GDA, says a lot about the credibility of the GDA and their oldest age group, because those players aren't even getting waivers and most GDAs have even declined the waiver idea all together. Yet other clubs in this area are simply plunking down their existing ECNL or NPL team into the GDA slot (whether they finished in 5th place or 13th place) and at the same time are taking girls that couldn't even make ECNL or were on the B team or C team. So the argument claiming the GDA has the top, most elite, national level players is simply ridiculous. In addition, coaches had to beg, then arm-twist, then pressure, then threaten their players to play GDA ... AND GIRLS STILL SAY NO! In desperation, clubs have resorted to giving waivers to their remaining seniors (who hadn't already left for other clubs) so they would have enough kids on their rosters. These are the very same players who were not good enough to make ECNL teams. These are the very same players who played for their NPL B teams and C teams. The very same girls who never started on their HS varsity teams or played 5 minutes a game. As a previous poster said, it's more likely that the younger age groups will be the proving ground as to whether or not this will be the new top tier in soccer. But there's absolutely no way one can claim the same for the 99/00 age group. For many of those teams, it's going to be a disaster. Not to mention those seniors will have a very rude awakening when they find their lives are consumed with a 10 month schedule including mandatory 4 day a week practices, games and tournaments. Bye bye senior year.

I dont know where you have gotten your numbers from, but we will see. By the way, i dont think there are more than 10 elite Senior players in the NE.

Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 148 149

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!