Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |


Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 06:52 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 06:00 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 06:00 PM
BOTN en Espaņol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
#687179 07/26/17 02:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,078
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,078
Likes: 22
Back of THE NET is proud to launch our eighth season of the College Forum as we welcome the Classes of 2018-2021 to their High School seasons. BOTN's College Forum remains open for all questions about the college recruiting process covering academics, athletics, or both.

Our 2017-2018 recruiting season is now officially underway.

Nine Years of Reference Material

Season #9 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2016-2017

Season #8 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2015-2016

Season #7 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2014-2015

Season #6 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2013-2014

Season #5 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2012-2013

Season #4 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2011-2012

Season #3 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2010-2011

Season #2 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2009-2010

Season #1 : College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2008-2009

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688023 08/07/17 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is verbally committed...Now what? The coach has indicated that he and his assistant will walk her through the process. I just want to make sure that she does not miss anything or assumes that she is clear to walk on campus next fall with everything lined up. The conversations with the coach have been that she is accepted through admissions into her program (specific course of study) and the grants/scholarships are lined up as well. Our next step is for her to call the admissions counselor and start the official process. Any insight would be appreciated, she is a senior this year

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688066 08/07/17 04:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much to do but continue to work on her game, apply and wait for the official acceptance.

Then, in February, read the contract and sign.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688149 08/08/17 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you talk money ? Scholarship soccer money ? That has to be written in stone ? Is that all in place ? If she is a senior are you waiting to sign the letter of intent ? In any event good luck !!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688182 08/09/17 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are currently going through the admissions process guided by the coach and Admissions counselor. It is D3 and a competitive major so the commitment was to insure her acceptance into the specific program. The coach did provide a breakdown of the standard grant$$ as well as an additional grant that will bring the cost down significantly. They are a top 3 school for soccer in their conference and the coach is indicating Freshman playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688193 08/09/17 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are currently going through the admissions process guided by the coach and Admissions counselor. It is D3 and a competitive major so the commitment was to insure her acceptance into the specific program. The coach did provide a breakdown of the standard grant$$ as well as an additional grant that will bring the cost down significantly. They are a top 3 school for soccer in their conference and the coach is indicating Freshman playing time.



Good Luck !!!!! Hope she has fun !!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688221 08/09/17 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are currently going through the admissions process guided by the coach and Admissions counselor. It is D3 and a competitive major so the commitment was to insure her acceptance into the specific program. The coach did provide a breakdown of the standard grant$$ as well as an additional grant that will bring the cost down significantly. They are a top 3 school for soccer in their conference and the coach is indicating Freshman playing time.

Please post whatever else you learn. We are about to go through the same things. She has to decide between three schools and then will be "committed" (still not sure what that means). There's no money involved yet, but I don't know what else she has to do. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688448 08/13/17 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to CW POST ID CAMP? any thoughts or comments? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688455 08/13/17 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, sorry.
Did anybody go to the Stony Brook ID camp ? Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688460 08/13/17 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so many 12th graders at Post Camp? Seems way too late for those kids. Shouldn't they be committed already?

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688461 08/13/17 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why so many 12th graders at Post Camp? Seems way too late for those kids. Shouldn't they be committed already?



Those are the scrubs and the players whose parents can't realize to check their egos at the door and redirect their kids to something else - because the talent is lacking . Poor kids being pushed by their incompetent mothers . Smh

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688501 08/14/17 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say she needs to decide between 3 schools have the coaches approached her/you/her club coach to make an offer? My daughter thought she had three schools to choose from and two evaporated based on a transfer and a de commit from another school. You do not truly have anything until Feb 2 of Senior year. A high D1 program will usually have a handshake agreement that is strong, but I have seen mid majors and D2/D3 coaches play close to the vest right up until Signing/admissions acceptance.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688511 08/14/17 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Bill Caroll? He was at the ID Camp @ Cw Post . Is he Susa related ? Or HBC related ? Any info ???

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688516 08/14/17 02:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,078
Likes: 22
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,078
Likes: 22
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is Bill Caroll? He was at the ID Camp @ Cw Post . Is he Susa related ? Or HBC related ? Any info ???


HBC

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688519 08/14/17 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why so many 12th graders at Post Camp? Seems way too late for those kids. Shouldn't they be committed already?



Those are the scrubs and the players whose parents can't realize to check their egos at the door and redirect their kids to something else - because the talent is lacking . Poor kids being pushed by their incompetent mothers . Smh


Whoever you are, you're an idiot. It makes me sick to read such an immature and quite frankly mean post. Are you 15? If not, you should reconsider posting such hurtful posts. Hurtful to no one you know. ABSURD. Why not write that post, read it, maybe re read it, and then delete it as it serves absolutely no good? You may just be a pathetic fool however, and will come back with some BS comment. (Oh, and before you attack me, I have a committed 10th grader, so I am not coming from your 'scrub' point of view)

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688533 08/14/17 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen you idiot !!!! No one is directing the post at you . Just be careful of your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on .you are definitely a big braggart !!!!! If you don't know who the post is being written about maybe you should shut your pie hole !!! Just my point of view know it all !!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #688534 08/14/17 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is Bill Caroll? He was at the ID Camp @ Cw Post . Is he Susa related ? Or HBC related ? Any info ???


HBC



Thank - you

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688538 08/14/17 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen you idiot !!!! No one is directing the post at you . Just be careful of your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on .you are definitely a big braggart !!!!! If you don't know who the post is being written about maybe you should shut your pie hole !!! Just my point of view know it all !!!!

See. You are a dumb f*ck. I clearly did not think the post was directed at me. If you can read, you see that is in referring to players as scrubs just because they are not yet committed. Anyway, you have proven my point, and go ahead and post another visceral post, just don't expect a teply. I don't have time to waste on people like you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688550 08/15/17 07:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen you idiot !!!! No one is directing the post at you . Just be careful of your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on .you are definitely a big braggart !!!!! If you don't know who the post is being written about maybe you should shut your pie hole !!! Just my point of view know it all !!!!

See. You are a dumb f*ck. I clearly did not think the post was directed at me. If you can read, you see that is in referring to players as scrubs just because they are not yet committed. Anyway, you have proven my point, and go ahead and post another visceral post, just don't expect a teply. I don't have time to waste on people like you.


You can't help yourself because your another twit on this board . I highly doubt you have any commitment . Only a handful of kids that age are committed. You are the definitely the douche of the year . GFUS !!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688562 08/15/17 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen you idiot !!!! No one is directing the post at you . Just be careful of your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on .you are definitely a big braggart !!!!! If you don't know who the post is being written about maybe you should shut your pie hole !!! Just my point of view know it all !!!!

See. You are a dumb f*ck. I clearly did not think the post was directed at me. If you can read, you see that is in referring to players as scrubs just because they are not yet committed. Anyway, you have proven my point, and go ahead and post another visceral post, just don't expect a teply. I don't have time to waste on people like you.


You can't help yourself because your another twit on this board . I highly doubt you have any commitment . Only a handful of kids that age are committed. You are the definitely the douche of the year . GFUS !!!

You both need to calm down and step away from the keyboard...This is recreational kids soccer. Get a grip!

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688834 08/19/17 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why so many 12th graders at Post Camp? Seems way too late for those kids. Shouldn't they be committed already?



Those are the scrubs and the players whose parents can't realize to check their egos at the door and redirect their kids to something else - because the talent is lacking . Poor kids being pushed by their incompetent mothers . Smh


Not all schools are finished and spots still can be landed. But go ahead and be a douche if feeling superior to others is your thing

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688896 08/21/17 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why so many 12th graders at Post Camp? Seems way too late for those kids. Shouldn't they be committed already?



Those are the scrubs and the players whose parents can't realize to check their egos at the door and redirect their kids to something else - because the talent is lacking . Poor kids being pushed by their incompetent mothers . Smh


Whoever you are, you're an idiot. It makes me sick to read such an immature and quite frankly mean post. Are you 15? If not, you should reconsider posting such hurtful posts. Hurtful to no one you know. ABSURD. Why not write that post, read it, maybe re read it, and then delete it as it serves absolutely no good? You may just be a pathetic fool however, and will come back with some BS comment. (Oh, and before you attack me, I have a committed 10th grader, so I am not coming from your 'scrub' point of view)


The guys is ego needy, immature and mean.

Pay no attention, just feel bads for her kids if she's just not a jealous princess.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688897 08/21/17 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on


FYI

You have no clue what you are talking about.

It not being a binding contrast is not the same as not worth the paper it is written on.

And, dope, it's not writtenon paper at all, hence it's called a verbal.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Anonymous #688956 08/22/17 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on


FYI

You have no clue what you are talking about.

It not being a binding contrast is not the same as not worth the paper it is written on.

And, dope, it's not writtenon paper at all, hence it's called a verbal.



Both sides can walk away from verbal commitments up until the NLI is signed Feb 1. Coaches don't do it often because a reputation for doing so can harm their ability to recruit. But they can and do rescind offers - player doesn't develop and work hard, student can't make it through the admissions process or has disciplinary issues. Also if the coach leaves the new coach may not be interested in you. Players can also pull out because they've changed their mind (more likely to happen the earlier they recruit). Again, doesn't happen often on either side but it can and does happen.

Like Reply Quote
Re: College, Coaches, Recruitment : 2017-2018
Larry Miller #689014 08/22/17 03:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
your verbal commitment it's not worth the paper it's not written on


FYI

You have no clue what you are talking about.

It not being a binding contrast is not the same as not worth the paper it is written on.

And, dope, it's not writtenon paper at all, hence it's called a verbal.



Both sides can walk away from verbal commitments up until the NLI is signed Feb 1. Coaches don't do it often because a reputation for doing so can harm their ability to recruit. But they can and do rescind offers - player doesn't develop and work hard, student can't make it through the admissions process or has disciplinary issues. Also if the coach leaves the new coach may not be interested in you. Players can also pull out because they've changed their mind (more likely to happen the earlier they recruit). Again, doesn't happen often on either side but it can and does happen.



no kidding

But to say they are not worth the paper they are written on is ignorant.

and Feb 1 is not always NLI day. It's Feb 7 next year, for example.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!