Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 11:51 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 08:08 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 08:02 PM
G2007:U14 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 06:52 PM
SUSA Refund Letter
by Anonymous - 09/27/20 06:00 PM
BOTN en Español
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
San Diego's Surf SC Welcomes New Affiliate, New York Surf SC
#641816 04/07/16 12:49 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
SURF SOCCER CLUB EXPANDS TO EAST COAST

The oldest competitive youth soccer club in San Diego, San Diego Surf Soccer Club was established in 1977 to draw the best players from Southern California to compete nationally. Surf SC may be headquartered in America's eight largest city, but its reach is far and wide extending as north as Seattle, south to Hawaii and now we have our first East Coast presence through New York Surf SC. Always looking to further the development of elite youth soccer players, Surf SC�s affiliate program provides great guidance for other youth soccer clubs.

Surf Soccer Club�s affiliate network grew by one as New York Surf Soccer Club was launched in the New York region. NY Surf SC�s goal is to become the best player development club in the greater New York area, leveraging the proven Surf Soccer model to evolve into a regional youth soccer powerhouse in the Northeast. New York Surf SC is embracing a collaborative approach to working with local community-based travel soccer programs, and is currently evaluating several partnership opportunities.

�Surf Soccer represents the highest level of youth soccer competition in the United States with a goal of producing the next generation of the U.S. National Team players. We are proud and excited to bring this quality of soccer to our region with the launch of New York Surf SC and we expect to develop the model for soccer development in our region. Surf Soccer is a member of the ECNL and the U.S. Development Academy; is a winner of nine youth soccer USYS and ECNL national championships; hosts the nation�s #1 ranked girls soccer tournament - Surf Cup; and has sent dozens of players to the Men�s and Women�s U.S. National Teams.� said Matt Popoli, New York Surf SC President.

�We are committed to helping each of our young student athletes reach their fullest potential, on and off the field, including using soccer as a tool for college admissions. We do this by providing professional coaching; fostering a fun, positive, yet challenging environment; and collaborating with our players, parents, staff, alumni and the local town travel soccer clubs to encourage and promote high ethical and academic standards, respect, and community involvement�, added Jon Feinstein, Technical Director and Head of College Placement for New York Surf SC.

Commenting on the launch of New York Surf SC, Surf Soccer VP of Affiliates Bryan Thistle said, �When evaluating the applications from worthy clubs, we look for strong administration, high-level coaching leadership, great facilities, and most importantly the ambition to create the top competitive club in its area. This club has all those elements and more. We took over 18 months to decide on the club to be our first East Coast partner, and are excited about the possibilities for growth and expansion alongside New York Surf SC.�

New York Surf SC will be led on the soccer side by Technical Director and Head of College Placement, Jon Feinstein, who holds a USSF �A� License and current member of the Region 1 ODP coaching staff, the current Head Coach of the Mercy College Women�s soccer team, and former DOC of Albertson SC West. Rounding out the New York Surf SC coaching leadership will be Boys Academy DOC JP Arenas and our Girls Academy DOC, who will be announced in the near future. The club is actively looking to add top coaching talent over the next few months.

Both San Diego and New York clubs are actively working together to produce mutual training opportunities as well as expanding Surf�s well-known and popular tournaments, camps, and trainings to the New York area.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: San Diego’s Surf SC Welcomes New Affiliate, New York Surf SC
Larry Miller #641826 04/07/16 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, any idea where? Do you think it will be in Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641828 04/07/16 01:24 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

Definitely NOT LI. Long Island is over-capacity. This will be in held in lower Westchester on the east side which will be easily accessible from the Throggs Neck and the I-95.

I expect to post tryouts info later today or tomorrow. The subtle banner on their website speaks volumes of what is to come and with the other major clubs in not to distant (from NYC, NJ, & LI, i.e., FCW, NYSC, WC, QS, Pats, and whomever I forgot the shift north is bearing fruit. Queens & Nassau, more than Suffolk, should find this addition as another viable option...look at their still to be completed website.

http://www.nysurfsoccer.org

Additionally, can you imagine what a New York Surf Cup would add to the local tournament scene? To quote, "The Bern", it will be HUGE!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641832 04/07/16 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Surf NY get into the ECNL automatically?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641837 04/07/16 01:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Larry Miller

Definitely NOT LI. Long Island is over-capacity. This will be in held in lower Westchester on the east side which will be easily accessible from the Throggs Neck and the I-95.

I expect to post tryouts info later today or tomorrow. The subtle banner on their website speaks volumes of what is to come and with the other major clubs in not to distant (from NYC, NJ, & LI, i.e., FCW, NYSC, WC, QS, Pats, and whomever I forgot the shift north is bearing fruit. Queens & Nassau, more than Suffolk, should find this addition as another viable option...look at their still to be completed website.

Additionally, can you imagine what a New York Surf Cup would add to the local tournament scene? To quote, "The Bern", it will be HUGE!!

The dysfunctional clubs in our area have left the door wide open with the lack of leadership to the point where a club 2500 miles away sees an opportunity that our local soccer people could not take advantage off. The clubs on LI with some foresight right now are SUSA and ISA and it would be in their best interest to consolidate into a strong LI club and try to get a footprint in Nassau and become the LI winner before PDA or some other happening club sets its sights on LI.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641843 04/07/16 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Larry Miller

The dysfunctional clubs in our area have left the door wide open with the lack of leadership to the point where a club 2500 miles away sees an opportunity that our local soccer people could not take advantage off. The clubs on LI with some foresight right now are SUSA and ISA and it would be in their best interest to consolidate into a strong LI club and try to get a footprint in Nassau and become the LI winner before PDA or some other happening club sets its sights on LI.

find it funny. that you mention PDA. I mean seriously, would they allow this if the club was forming 15 miles from them? PDA are not a better club as such, they are just in a huge area with limited competition. up here the talent is spread very thin allowing PDA and FC Stars to dominate and call it development smile as long as $$ are being made, nothing will change. they will just sell the ECNL kool aide to someone else. DA cant happen soon enough if you are a truly elite player.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641865 04/07/16 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking for a girls DOC. Do I see an opening for the great AP?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641867 04/07/16 04:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf should have had a better anchor tenant. Seems like it is going to be very hard to build something without a strong local foundation. As it is talent is spread among too many teams in the area. Should have partnered with NYSC or FCW.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641868 04/07/16 04:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they advertise affiliation with the DA and ECNL?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641873 04/07/16 04:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, what do you know about San Diego surf? I know they have a good reputation but any insight you can provide would be helpful

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641894 04/07/16 08:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a bit vague on NY Surf's league affiliation. It does not say that it will be an ECNL team.

From the site it says: Pathway To Surf SC First Team Play... NY Surf SC's best players have can guest on ECNL and USSDA teams.

As SD Surf is already an ECNL team, they may not be able to make NY Surf an ECNL team.
Too soon to tell until more info is revealed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641896 04/07/16 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf should have had a better anchor tenant. Seems like it is going to be very hard to build something without a strong local foundation. As it is talent is spread among too many teams in the area. Should have partnered with NYSC or FCW.

Won't be an easy market to just jump into

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641900 04/07/16 09:59 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
It is a bit vague on NY Surf's league affiliation. It does not say that it will be an ECNL team.

From the site it says: Pathway To Surf SC First Team Play... NY Surf SC's best players have can guest on ECNL and USSDA teams.

As SD Surf is already an ECNL team, they may not be able to make NY Surf an ECNL team.
Too soon to tell until more info is revealed.

I am also of the belief that the San Diego Surf is a heavily involved in the creation and planning of the USSDA Girls program. I do not know how this will filter down at this time. This story is still in day one, and in the coming days and weeks I hope to be able to report back to everyone with details. Right now I know as much as you do, but I am tenacious when it comes to getting a story. To be continued.......

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641901 04/07/16 10:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The announcement mentions "...applications from worthy clubs." Is this NY Surf SC a re-naming of an existing local club?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641903 04/07/16 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The announcement mentions "...applications from worthy clubs." Is this NY Surf SC a re-naming of an existing local club?

Looks like Westchester Soccer Club.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641906 04/07/16 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The affiliation with surf could mean major things. Surf cup is the best tournament in the country and if they can get their accepted into it would be a huge recruiting tool. Also the ability to get into ecnl or the development league could be a huge carrot for them. It looks like a win win situation

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641917 04/08/16 06:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The affiliation with surf could mean major things. Surf cup is the best tournament in the country and if they can get their accepted into it would be a huge recruiting tool. Also the ability to get into ecnl or the development league could be a huge carrot for them. It looks like a win win situation

Wouldn't it be great to get a Surf Cup East and get rid of Manhattan smile

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641918 04/08/16 06:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same thing. I have to believe it would be very difficult to scale up a big club quickly, especially as they're outside their wheelhouse geographically. But it's quite easy to buy out a big existing club like Westchester and BOOM they're up and running. Just need new uniforms

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641923 04/08/16 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know what town they will be playing out of? Westchester is saturated as is and not much space for another big club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641933 04/08/16 08:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same thing. I have to believe it would be very difficult to scale up a big club quickly, especially as they're outside their wheelhouse geographically. But it's quite easy to buy out a big existing club like Westchester and BOOM they're up and running. Just need new uniforms

Agreed, if they are starting from scratch, they had better be offering ECNL or have some backdoor agreement to get girls DA. So now we have NYSC and NYSSC, not enough talent to go around me thinks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641948 04/08/16 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, if they are starting from scratch, they had better be offering ECNL or have some backdoor agreement to get girls DA. So now we have NYSC and NYSSC, not enough talent to go around me thinks.

My guess is GDA.. What better way to stand out from a crowded California landscape than to have a bi-coastal presence?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641950 04/08/16 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is GDA.. What better way to stand out from a crowded California landscape than to have a bi-coastal presence?

maybe im thinking small. But wtf does that have to do with anything?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641959 04/08/16 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, there appears to be some confusion here. Surf is not partnering with large club FC Westchester, but rather Westchester SC, a fledgling organization with a handful of teams and no track record (conveniently with a similar name as the larger more successful club). I wonder if Surf has been hoodwinked? Interestingly, there is no mention of this big news on SD Surf's website www.surfsoccer.com Is it even real? requires more investigation.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #641960 04/08/16 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they guess play on Academy or ECNL are on these teams based in San Diego. NY Surf does not have the ECNL or Academy brand here.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #641961 04/08/16 10:14 AM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry, there appears to be some confusion here. Surf is not partnering with large club FC Westchester, but rather Westchester SC, a fledgling organization with a handful of teams and no track record (conveniently with a similar name as the larger more successful club). I wonder if Surf has been hoodwinked? Interestingly, there is no mention of this big news on SD Surf's website www.surfsoccer.com Is it even real? requires more investigation.

I NEVER SAID NEW YORK SURF WAS IN ANYWAY ASSOCIATED WITH FC WESTCHESTER....The Westchester C is a different club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!