Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 10/26/21 07:01 PM
B2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 06:55 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 06:50 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 05:32 PM
GHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 04:36 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (CJ Orlando, Larry Miller), 57 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTN Main Message Board Jump to new posts
Re: Where are all the Referees? LIRef77 10/26/21 11:01 PM
How did I miss this? Larry just by having these boards and by bringing this to the attention of the soccer community YOU have helped the situation whether an organization wants to engage with you does not matter. You have given this subject the attention it demands. For that I thank you.

While I am not the OP on this forum you have given referees and the greater soccer community a platform to discuss the reasons behind the referee shortage and what can be done about it.

No organization can fix this by itself. It will take leagues, clubs and parents to realize that something needs to change by first acknowledging the problem and then figuring out how to fix it.
798 68,838 Read More
Re: B2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Anonymous 10/26/21 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey all - new to the board looking for some guidance. My son plays for a Division 1 (LIJSL) team but is looking to make a big jump next year. Obviously I'm biased but the kid can play. We live in Western Nassau and I've been reading about the National League, MLSnext, and ECNL. I'm pretty clueless about navigating my way through all of this and I'd love to get folks opinions on what his next move should be when he gets to the Spring tryout season. Thanks in advance!
Well, you have a good head start, being you are clueless, go join East Coast. They thrive on parents like you.
329 23,002 Read More
Re: BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19) Anonymous 10/26/21 10:50 PM
I love when the players dye their hair blonde only to lose in early rounds and are left looking stupid for weeks as a reminder of their failed season!

How about when they dye their hair from day one and when asked why they answer "because we mad playoffs already". This after just two games at the start of the season. Let them have the hair though. The dads, well, not so much. Get over yourself with the hair you wanker. You're a grown man and your son's father, not his best pal.

Woah woah woah, stop the clock. Are you saying that a dad dyed his hair blond also for the playoffs ? That's funny ish if it's true !

If a dad died his hair also, that is just too much. I have to know who did this.
211 11,045 Read More
Re: G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Anonymous 10/26/21 09:32 PM
EM already has an agreement with Farmingdale and use to have an agreement with Smithtown, they aren't looking for any more town teams
With them 2 towns and still not being able to win games. Sound like maybe they need another town team to add.

How can a club like East Meadow not develop ANY young players for an ECNL program?
216 14,825 Read More
Re: GHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19) Anonymous 10/26/21 08:36 PM
So before the season starts teams are power ranked (by coaches) today strength of schedule points will be added

Anyone know when the year end awards are told to the players?

The awards are silly. Favoritism by coaches and who they put in position to be successful. Especially true with the weaker teams.
35 3,902 Read More
Re: G2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Anonymous 10/26/21 06:08 PM
Which club are you hoping that some current EM players tryout at next Spring?
I shouldn't say cause I know handful who were offered spots and turned it down in July are interested again. Somethins brewing at EM.
I have to say there are so many people on this site with inside knowledge. EM must be on the verge of collapse! From what I've seen their 2010 group is a pretty decent group and I watched them tie PDA's top team a couple of weeks ago I can't say that about our 2010 team.
72 7,749 Read More
Re: G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022 Anonymous 10/25/21 02:14 PM
sage never coached 09 group thank god
389 32,506 Read More
Roll Away The Stone Soccer News Jump to new posts
10 things to know about Long Island boys soccer playoffs Larry Miller 10/25/21 12:04 PM
By John Boell
john.boell@newsday.com

1. How good is Brentwood?

The short answer is very good. But there are some questions about the defending (2019) state AA champs. Newsday’s No. 1 boys soccer team has battled some injuries, but coach Ron Eden was pleased with the way his reserves came through during the late-season stretch. "I feel like we have good depth now," he said. "We actually came out a little stronger and have four or five guys who can come off the bench." Brentwood (15-1) ran through League I with a perfect 14-0 mark, but lost, 1-0, to Connetquot — now a No. 8 seed — on Sept. 3. David Akpan led Long Island with 25 goals, but Brentwood isn’t a one-man show. Juan Gomez missed some time with an injury, yet still had 14 goals. "We’re such a different team when he plays," Eden said. The 26th-year head coach knows Suffolk AA is loaded and anything can happen in the postseason. "Soccer is a strange game — the weather, the wind, penalty kicks," he said. "At the end, there’s only going to be one man standing. . . . You need to stay healthy and have a little luck."

2. Who else can contend in Suffolk AA?

Remember, there were no Long Island championships last season in soccer because of COVID-19. Commack is the defending Suffolk AA champs and beat Brentwood in the AA semifinals during this spring’s truncated season. The No. 3 Cougars have one of the top players on Long Island in senior Tommy Wagner (9 goals), who was utilized all over the field this season by coach Dave Moran. Commack (12-4) grinded its way to the Suffolk League II title. Moran, who used at least 20 players a game (and four times this season 30), was quick to point out that six of the eight teams in his league qualified for the postseason. "It’s a complete tossup," Moran said. "It’s not always about the best teams advancing. Sometimes, it comes down to the matchups." West Islip (13-2-1) is the No. 2 seed, the League III champs, and a tough out. But don’t look past No. 4 Smithtown East (12-3-1) nor No. 5 Huntington (12-3-1). One last tidbit: the winner of the No. 8 Connetquot (9-5-2) versus No. 9 Centereach (9-4-3) could be a dangerous test for Brentwood, which faces a pesky No. 16 Pat-Med (6-7-3) in its opener.

3. How deep is Suffolk Class A?

There’s No. 1 Comsewogue (13-1-1), No. 2 Amityville (13-1-1), and No. 3 Shoreham-Wading River (12-1-1) which all won their respective league titles. Plus, don’t forget No. 4 Half Hollow Hills West (12-3-1) and Harborfields (8-4-1), which finished second behind Amityville in League V. Yet, the defending Class A champs drew the No. 8 seed. "This is the deepest Class A playoffs I have ever seen," Amityville coach Mike Abbondondolo said. "All four quarterfinal games will be super competitive. Every single game is going to be tough."

4. Suffolk’s studs.

Let’s take a look at a few players in Suffolk who could make some noise in the playoffs:

Edwin Acosta, No. 2 Amityville (Class A)

Everyone knows about Juan Ponce, Bryce Cherry, and Roberth Perez, but Acosta is a glue guy in the middle who comes up big in pressure-packed moments. The crafty center midfielder has a high soccer IQ, and looks to help Amityville, which is in search of its first Suffolk crown since 2018 when it also captured a state title.

Carlos Berrios, No. 1 Babylon (Class B)

The defender anchors the defending Suffolk B champs’ backline. Coach Dennis McGovern called him: "An absolute animal for us," after a 2-0 win against Southampton on Oct. 18. If the Panthers (14-2) hope to repeat, Berrios needs to continue his strong play.

Aiden Friel, No. 8 Connetquot (Class AA)

The junior defender leads the Thunderbirds, who also have talented goalkeeper Tyler Moore. Friel’s efforts on defense allow Kevin Johnson, one of the top midfielders in Suffolk, to push forward for Connetquot. If the Thunderbirds — who qualified for the postseason for the first time in more than a decade — get past Centereach, they could give No. 1 Brentwood a tough contest.

Tony Vigil, No. 1 Brentwood (Class AA)

He doesn’t always get the attention he should, but the senior has been playing out of position all season for his team. The former defensive midfielder moved to center back to help strengthen Brentwood’s defense. Vigil’s unselfishness is a big reason why his team finished undefeated in league play and garnered a top seed.

5. Who the heck is going to win Nassau Class AA?

Good luck with this one. A handful of the teams were atop the Nassau Conference AA-I standings at various times this season. Baldwin (9-1-4) is the top seed in a loaded class. "We [coaches] have been saying it all season — it doesn’t matter who you are facing — it’s just wide-open," said Oceanside coach Patrick Turk. "There aren’t just hurdles in our bracket, it’s more like giant obstacles, and as a fan of the game, it’s like a high school version of the [UEFA] Champions League." Indeed. Turk’s Oceanside (9-1-4) is seeded second, while Westbury (9-4-1, third), Freeport (8-3-3, fourth) and Uniondale (7-2-5, fifth) round out the top five. Even eighth-seeded Syosset (6-3-6) is a tough out.

6. Will the upsets continue in Nassau Class A

Long Beach (7-4-3) opened the playoffs with a 3-0 win against No. 17 Bellmore JFK on Oct. 20. Then, the No. 16 seed advanced against No. 1 South Side, 4-3, in penalty kicks after the two teams played to a 2-all draw. The No. 15 seed, Roosevelt (7-5-1), downed No. 2 Mineola, 3-2; No. 13 Plainedge (8-3-2) defeated No. 4 MacArthur, 1-0; No. 12 Glen Cove (9-4) knocked off No. 5 North Shore, 4-1; and No. 9 Manhasset (8-4-1) topped No. 8 Lawrence, 3-2. So the No. 16, 15, 13, 12 seeds are all still alive. Perhaps the best quarterfinal matchup on Long Island, regardless of class, is Tuesday’s game between No. 6 Carey (12-1) and No. 3 Garden City (12-1) which split in two regular season meetings. The game could very well have been the final if seedings were different. Look out for No. 7 Mepham (9-0-4) in a tough Nassau Class A.

7. Nassau’s notables.

Let’s take a look at a few players in Nassau, who can make some noise in the playoffs:

Edgar Velasquez, No. 5 Uniondale (Class AA)

The senior forward is a talented player who helps the Knights up top with four goals and nine assists. Nassau AA coaches are always nervous when Velasquez has the ball. He sets up Uniondale’s offense and distributes well. If the Knights get past No. 4 Freeport, watch for a program which captured its only Nassau title in 2017.

Josue Villeda, No. 4 Freeport (Class AA)

The senior forward is a dangerous player who gives opposing teams fits up top. He is second on the team with 10 goals and four assists. Along with teammate Tyree Baskin (10 goals, 9 assists) — these two form one of the top 1-2 scoring punches in Nassau AA.

Colin Gervasi, No. 6 Carey (Class A)

He has three goals and two assists for Carey. But it’s what the senior defender does in the back that makes him so special. He anchors Carey’s defense, and settles play down when things get dicey.

Konstantinos Karousis, No. 7 Mepham (Class A)

The center midfielder is the quarterback of the Pirates’ offensive attack. He has three goals and eight assists this season. His speed and strength on the ball makes it difficult for opposing teams to press Mepham.

8. Which small schools can make a good postseason run?

Suffolk Class B has four talented teams in the semifinals: No. 1 Babylon (14-2), No. 2 Southampton (14-2), No. 3 Mattituck (13-2-1) and No. 4 Center Moriches (9-6-1). All four are quality programs who could win the B crown. Babylon is the defending Class B champs, but Panthers coach Dennis McGovern knows how tough a repeat would be.

In Nassau Class B, No. 1 Cold Spring Harbor (8-3-1) — which won the Nassau Conference B/C-VI regular-season title — looks to be the top team, but don’t forget about No. 2 West Hempstead (6-3-3). Finally, the three-time defending Nassau Class B champs, Carle Place, moved down to Class C because of enrollment. The Frogs will play the Class B champion in the Nassau B/C championship on Saturday. Then, Carle Place (7-4-1) will face the winner of Suffolk’s C final — No. 1 Pierson/Bridgehampton (8-7-1) against No. 2 Southold (6-9-1) — in the Long Island Class C championship on Nov. 2 at Mitchel Athletic Complex at noon.

9. Can anyone challenge St. Anthony’s or Chaminade in the CHSAA?

Upsets can always happen in sports and especially soccer. One mistake by either powerhouse, as well as an outstanding opposing goalkeeper and defense, can create havoc for the favorites. However, it would be a huge upset for either Chaminade or St. Anthony’s not to reach the CHSAA final. The two teams poised for creating that kind of upheaval are Kellenberg and St. John the Baptist. Kellenberg played both St. Anthony’s and Chaminade and lost by a combined score of 13-0, but then battled St. Anthony’s to a 2-0 loss on Oct. 7. St. John the Baptist has lost to Chaminade twice (3-0 & 4-1) and once to St. Anthony’s, 3-1, on Sept. 30.

10. St. Anthony’s-Chaminade III

Boxing fans always clamor for a trilogy and CHSAA soccer fans should get to see a third meeting between these two. Chaminade beat St. Anthony’s, 2-1, on Sept. 23. However, St. Anthony’s came back three times in a 6-4 win against Chaminade on Oct. 19. St. Anthony’s knocked off the Flyers en route to a state title in 2019. Chaminade has won CHSAA titles five of the last six seasons, including state crowns from 2015-17. The winner here should have an inside track to another CHSAA state championship.
0 139 Read More
U.S. Soccer's National Council approves sweeping changes to governance structure Larry Miller 10/24/21 04:49 PM
by Paul Kennedy

U.S. Soccer's membership approved sweeping changes in its governance structure to comply with new federal laws related to the representation of athletes on national governing bodies.

The governance changes were drawn up by a task force formed earlier in the year and required an Extraordinary National Council Meeting for approval by the membership. Saturday's meeting was held on site in Chicago, though about three-quarters of members participated virtually.

Extraordinary National Council Meeting: 2021 amendments

The amendments included changes related to the voting structure of the National Council and composition of the board of directors in order to comply with the requirement that one-third of sports bodies are athletes (up from 20 percent).

New National Council voting shares:

Athletes 33.3% (+13.3%)
Adult 20% (-5%)
Youth 20% (-5%)
Pros 20% (-5%)
Other 6.7% (+1.7%)

New board of directors:

President
Vice President
Adults
4 *Youth (+2)
3 *Pros (+1)
Athletes (+4)
Independent
At-Large
21 Total (+6)
*One Youth member and one Pro member alternating as voting and non-voting member through March 2023 National Council Meeting.

The new voting shares were approved by a vote of 92%-8%. The new board was approved by a vote of 97%-3% as part of a package of amendments that related to such governance issues as round-by-round balloting in elections and the backgrounds of athletes serving on the board.

The Amateur Sports Act was first passed in 1978 and is better known as the Ted Stevens Act. In 2020, changes to the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee and all national governing bodies were approved by Congress in response to the sexual abuse scandal within USA Gymnastics involving former national team doctor Larry Nassar.
0 58 Read More
Tryouts, Practices & Scrimmages Jump to new posts
PAT MED CRUSH GIRLS U15 - EDP NL Stevo1319 10/22/21 08:59 PM
The Patchogue Medford Crush is looking for 1 or 2 high level players to complete our roster.

We play EDP National League - moving to Premier 1 in the spring

We play high level soccer for a low cost and a family atmosphere.
We do a lot of fundraising, monthly fees are usually less than $50 a month.

Team trains year round, we attend high level tournaments and college showcases.

There’s not many high level “town” teams like us left.
Please contact Coach Steve for more information

631 275 4807
0 85 Read More
Re: REPORT: Courage coach Riley accused of sexual coercion Anonymous 10/21/21 09:18 PM
If we know anything about SUSA its that they arent afraid of bad PR as long as there is money to be made.

SUSA wont do a thing with their arrangement with Albertson or with the handful of trainers on staff with questionable pasts.

Do the nice guys at SUSA have enough clout to push glenn and Moussa for them to sever some training relationships? Or will the nice guys now be tarnished forever with SUSA stank?

There is no nice Susa coaches when they look the other way with grown men cursing, yelling, belittling, name calling, throwing chairs and balls at kids. When these coaches witness this and don’t step in they are just as bad as these coaches who should not be around children. There are too many weak minded adults involved. If one of these misfits acted this way to my child or teammates I would not continue to support them with thousands of my hard earned money. I recently told a good friend of mine who has a daughter and son there. He needs to remove his children from this place. His kids are talented but they shouldn’t be around bull crap that has no place in sports. Glenn Moussa jr, Eddie Hackett, james Kelsh, Tim hearney, all these people are doing what to protect these kids from adults acting like crazies? These people I named do not care about providing a healthy experience. They are in a position to help the kids but continue to allow the bad coaches to get away with anything they want.

Tim Hearney is Superintendent of Bayport Blue Point school district. He may want to distance himself from this mess. He is one that DOES have something going on in the real world. Why stay involved???
251 17,262 Read More
Re: Albertson SC Board of Directors Statement Anonymous 10/21/21 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Anyone going to start investigating JG at east meadow?

Investigate Jaime Gonzales for what?

He should be. A complete dirtbag. At least in his personal life….which is very intertwined with his soccer life because that is all he has.
16 2,318 Read More
Re: EDP Cup Games to be Played on One Field in NJ Larry Miller 10/21/21 01:27 AM
They really could not be the susa of Nassau. They are connected to a town and they do not have the money susa has. They cannot hire susa staff, build susa fields and indoor facilities nor can they really run an operation with a town board. PR did it in the 90s but it fell apart. Susa has the money and thats what its about. They could cover costs in the beginning, now they can charge what they want and people pay. Susa was also a new player. They were unknown as Moussas training company and Glenn's money started the susa we know. EMSC has been known for a long time as a weak boys side and a decent girls side. You really cant change that to a powerhouse. Susa is too close to them. Parents of the best girls will travel to susa. The others have options and without the best or just some of them EMSC will never compete and never ever be a susa

So you admit it’s all about money. The down side is Susa will or say anything to make back Glen’s investment. Why else would they have so many corporations? Just click on the green Susa name in this post and take a look. It’s really a pity what does sources of Long Island have done to the nice community-based town clubs, and the town clubs are not without Siri is full, and those are some of the assholes that are on their boards.
220 11,195 Read More
Youth Winter Leagues at Globall Sports Centers! Larry Miller 10/20/21 06:53 PM
0 156 Read More
Camps & Clinics Jump to new posts
New York Soccer Club Girls ID Clinic Larry Miller 10/20/21 02:09 PM
0 128 Read More
New York Soccer Club Goalkeeper ID Clinic Larry Miller 10/20/21 02:04 PM
0 70 Read More
NY Surf 2012,2013 and 2014 ID Clinics NY Surf 10/20/21 01:58 PM
For girl's born in 2012, 2013 and 2014, NY Surf is hosting two id clinic's where we will be looking to identify players for our winter tournament teams. The id clinics will be run by Kelsey Hauser, assistant women's soccer coach at Hofstra University. The id clinics will focus on ball control, first touch, receiving and shooting. ID clinic will include and evaluation of each player sent out at the conclusion of the second clinic. Players of all skill levels are encouraged to attend. Cost is $25. Please make sure to bring a ball, shin guards and water. To register go to the Link below

https://members.nysurfsoccer.org/camps/view/3212
0 35 Read More
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge Anonymous 10/19/21 09:59 PM
LIJSL
1,613 148,348 Read More
Did Wireless Communication Start on LI at Rocky Point? Larry Miller 10/19/21 06:38 PM
RCA Radio Central

The Radio Corporation of America was formed soon after the end of World War I when it was incorporated in 1919. At that time the American Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company of North America, was returned by the U. S. Government to private control. The American government realized the importance of an American wireless communications system, as ocean-laden cables were vulnerable during wartime. Long Island was an ideal and strategic location for wireless.

The time was right for the formation of the Radio Corporation of America which was brought about by the joint technical capabilities of several organizations: General Electric Company, American Telegraph and Telephone Company, Western Electric Company, United Fruit Company, Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company and the Radio Corporation of America. The property of RCA Radio Central at Rocky Point covered approximately 6,400 acres, an area extending ten miles square.

The construction of Radio Central began in July of 1920. At first tents were used for the facility, which grew in time to the RCA Radio Central complex. Radio Central at Rocky Point, was the transmitting station in the RCA system with its sister receiving station at Riverhead (now the David A. Sarnoff Pine Barrens Preserve ) and the main control office in Manhattan.

In July of 1920, RCA began construction of their main Operating and Administration Building #1. It was built in mediterranean architecture of cream-colored walls, with brick trim, accented with arched windows and an overhanging roof of ceramic red tiles. A large wooden door, trimmed with studded nail heads and a carved brass handle, opened into an entrance hall.

On November 5, 1921 President Warren C. Harding pressed a button in the White House in Washington, D.C. which officially opened the RCA Radio Central facilities at Rocky Point. Radio Central was considered the largest transmitting station in the world.

Originally, long waves were used, resulting in the construction of six 410 high steel towers. The towers were 410’ high with added cross-arm of 40’ high, extending the total height to 450’. The tall height of the structures was necessary for the long distance, worldwide type of radio communications. The twelve towers, which were 1260 apart, covered a two and a half mile area.

Tower #1 remained standing tall, with its flashing red beacon guiding planes and ships, served as an aviation beacon light for another sixteen years. AT 2:30 PM on December 13, 1977, the 56-year-old tower was the last to come down.

The Research and Development Division was located in building #9, north of Whiskey Road. Dr. Harold H. Beverage headed The Research Division. He started his career at General Electric as a laboratory assistant to the world-renowned radio inventor, Dr. E. F. W. Alexanderson. Both Dr. Beverage and Phillip S. Carter laid out the experimental ground wire antennas on the road from Riverhead to East Moriches. Phillip S. Carter was responsible for many inventions including the V antenna and the Folded Dipole. Dr. E. F. W. Alexanderson was responsible for many of the pioneer radio inventions, including the Alexanderson Alternator and was in the employ of RCA Radio Central as Chief Consulting Engineer. Dr. Clarence Weston Hansell was founder and head of the Rocky Point Research Section of the Laboratory. Building #10 was known as the Research and Development Laboratory. Under his leadership and prolific inventions, the laboratory developed radio transmitting, relaying technology and experimental television, which firmed the standards for the industry. Dr. Hansell was responsible in developing 350 patents and 400 inventions. Rocky Point resident, Royal Gallup, worked at the Research Division and helped install the television tower at the Empire State building.

Due to the advent of Satellite communications, the transmitting station at Rocky Point and receiving station at Riverhead became obsolete. The Rocky Point facility was closed in 1978. Robert Lundquist served as Chief of Atlantic operations and was present when the last tower was demolished. On behalf of RCA, he received the silver dollar from Governor Carey for the transfer of the land to New York State, which is controlled by the New York State Department of Conservation and is the largest portion of pine barrens on Long Island. Mr. Lundquist donated that silver dollar to the Rocky Point Historical Society for their archives.
0 78 Read More
Westchester Section 1 HS Boys & Girls Playoff Brackets Larry Miller 10/19/21 12:29 AM
Click on this link to access the Westchester Section 1 HS Boys Playoff Brackets

Click on this link to access the Westchester Section 1 HS Girls Playoff Brackets
0 205 Read More
10% Off Winter Clinics | 1 Week Sale Larry Miller 10/18/21 07:48 PM
0 73 Read More
U.S. Soccer membership set to decide governance changes -- a look at the proposals Larry Miller 10/16/21 02:05 PM
by Paul Kennedy

U.S. Soccer will hold an extraordinary session of its National Council on Oct. 23 to vote on changes to its by-laws to comply with changes to federal law regarding the representation of athletes on sports national governing bodies.
Book of Reports: Extraordinary National Council Meeting

Changes to the voting structure to increase the representation of athletes from 20 percent to 33.3 percent among the federation's membership and on its board of directors and committees must be approved by the end of the year.

A 33-person governance task force consisting of representatives from each of the five federation membership councils has been meeting since May to try to reach a consensus on how to comply with the changes made as part of a broad overhaul of the antiquated Ted Stevens Amateur and Olympic Sports Act.

The effect of the new law will be to increase the ability of the Athletes to control the election of officers and otherwise swing votes on the National Council.

U.S. Soccer president Cindy Parlow Cone and the Task Force have offered one set of proposed amendments while another group consisting of the youth and adult bodies has made its own proposals.

The major disagreement is over the increased composition of the board of directors, which dictates policy and oversees the day-to-day running of the federation's affairs.

What makes the task so difficult is that changes to the federation's by-laws require two-thirds of the vote of the National Council.

Current U.S. Soccer Board
President 1 vote
Vice President, 1 vote
Adult, 2 votes
Youth, 2 votes
Pros, 2 votes
At-Large, 1 vote
Independent, 3 votes
Athletes (20%), 3 votes
Total voting members: 15.
Note: Past President and Secretary General are non-voting members of board.

Proposed U.S. Soccer Board (Task Force/Cone)
President, 1 vote
Vice President, 1 vote
Adult, 2 votes
Youth, *4 votes (+2)
Pros, 3 votes (+1)
At-Large, 1 vote
Independent, 2 votes (-1)
Athletes (33.3%), 7 votes (+4)
Total voting members: 21 votes.
*Youth Council chairperson, plus three delegates elected by Youth Council. Each national association (USYS, US Club and AYSO) must have one delegate on the board.
Note: Past President (for one year after the election of a new president) and Secretary General will be non-voting members of board. The president will make one of the Independent director positions non-voting.

Proposed U.S. Soccer Board (USASA/USYS/US Club/AYSO)
President, 1 vote
Vice President, 1 vote
Adult, 2 votes
Youth, *4 votes (+2)
Pros, 2 votes
At-Large, 1 vote
Independent, 2 votes
Athletes (33.3%), 7 votes (+4)
Total voting members: 20 votes.
*Youth Council chairperson, plus one delegate elected by Youth Council and one each elected by US Club and AYSO.
Note: Past President and Secretary General are non-voting members of board. The first year of each staggered three-year term of the three Independent directors is non-voting.

Other proposals ...

Membership composition. Until now, the Athletes have 20 percent of the vote, the three councils have equal shares of the votes amounting to about 25 percent each of the vote. The remaining share consists of the votes of individuals and individual affiliates with one vote each. The two proposals take slightly different approaches to giving Athletes 33.3 percent of the vote.

The Task Force/Cone proposal calls for Athletes to have 33.3 percent of the vote and the three councils to have equal shares of 20 percent each with weighted vote total of 1,500 to be divided among the Athletes (500 votes), three councils (300 votes each) and individuals and individual affiliates (100).

The USASA/USYS/US Club/AYSO proposal simply changes the percentages for the Athletes from 20 to 33.3 percent of the vote.

Election of officers. Instead of simple majority vote, no matter how many candidates and no matter how many rounds it takes, both proposals call for two-thirds of the vote to be elected if there are three or more candidates. They formalize the elimination of the candidate with the lowest vote total after each round of balloting until there are only two candidates left, the winner then being the candidate with the majority of the vote.

Majority threshold votes. Instead of majority votes, both proposals call for 60 percent vote to sustain the board's decisions in certain situations: the change to a state association's boundaries and membership fees by both proposals and a complaint against a state association in the proposal offered by the USASA/USYS/US Club/AYSO group.
0 77 Read More
Re: It continues! The second meeting for the proposed new ENYYSA League Starting in the Spring Larry Miller 10/15/21 11:39 PM
[quote=Larry Miller]ENYYSA had to cancel the meeting because someone in the office has asymptomatic covid…the league is moving forward and I expect them to announce it within a week to 10 days…..all attendees have been notified

Larry - Are there any details on dual carding with LIJSL players and can my childs town team still play in both leagues? We always did LIJSL and NYCSL

I believe that will be the case. Please understand that I have nothing to do with the new league. I have no input to offer. I do understand that the work has begun to write out the rules, regulations. etc. I also believe that a commissioner has been identified although I dont know if it is confirmed as ENYYSA may want to have two titular heads of the league separate league, one for north of Westchester, one for Westchester, NYC, & Long Island.

I will say that I have communicated with ENYYSA that the league has to get done and suggested that registration be ready by Dec.1.

As an aside, I was sked just yesterday by a club playing in EDP about the Spring. This club has only paid for the Fall portion, which I believe is very smart. I have said before that I do not see a cash refund for teams who choose to pull out of playing EDP (excepting Prem. 1&2) for the Spring. The traffic to NJ for a game every week is not something I would do. I think players and parents will find schlepping to NJ every week to be a bumper-to-bumper nightmare.

I am on the case and will keep everyone informed as I continue to interact with the decision makers.
45 4,374 Read More
Rough Riders Winter Clinics Begin November! Larry Miller 10/15/21 01:35 PM
0 127 Read More
Re: College Commitment: FC SESA's Luis Ascencio Anonymous 10/15/21 12:46 AM
congratulations to the young man. hard work pays off and i’m sure it’s well deserved. however larry, payback for all those advertising $$$? so many other O4’s committed.. why not highlight them as well. maybe i missed those posts
1 187 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
R9fanCT, Hauppauge G 2010, Espylber, 45Zero, KevinDraper
15,073 Registered Users
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,083
Posts532,202