ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Espańol
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
New York Professional Soccer
06/26/19 11:50 PM
Red Bulls Host Fire Friday, 8pm

Following a 20-day layover between league matches during the international break, the New York Red Bulls (7-6-3, 24 pts) host the Chicago Fire (4-6-7, 19 pts) on Friday at Red Bull Arena. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. ET with coverage on UniMas, Univision Deportes, and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.

New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 7 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play, beginning at 7:30 p.m.

Separated by five points in the East, the Red Bulls and the Fire face off for the second time this season and for the 59th time in league play. Despite falling to Chicago 1-0 in March, New York is unbeaten against the Fire in seven of the last nine matches (5-2-2) and have won three of the last four matches at Red Bull Arena.

New York has held serve at Red Bull Arena in league play with a 5-3-1 mark and unbeaten in the last three (2-0-1). Chicago, however, has struggled away from home, going winless in their first eight games (0-5-3).

The Red Bulls will be without Derrick Etienne, Jr. (Haiti), Kemar Lawrence (Jamaica), Aaron Long (USMNT) and Michael Amir Murillo (Panama) as all four players respective national teams advanced to the knockout stage of the 2019 Gold Cup. Long and the USMNT will play Murillo and the Panamanian National team in the final group stage match for first place of Group D on Wednesday.

New York hits the road for four of the next five matches, beginning with back-to-back road matches against Houston (July 3) and Atlanta United (July 7). The Red Bulls match against the Dynamo is slated to kick off at 9 p.m. EST with coverage on MSG+, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.

All-Time Series: Chicago leads, 28-18-12
At New York: Red Bulls lead, 13-12-3
0 26 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
06/26/19 11:49 PM
Hi Mike,

Thank you for emailing me last week. I look forward to seeing you and some of the girls at the tryouts coming up this week.

Thanks,
Tom
2 876 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 11:46 PM
Thanks for sharing this Larry. We belong to an ECNL club out of state and they do a very poor job of giving us a heads up about what is happening.
1 277 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Barca, SUSA, Somers and Galaxy I understand how they all made regionals. How did EMSC qualify?

Heard Big K from Barca is handing out $100.00 bills to opposing coaches to see if he can buy his way into the Colorado Tournament. Those $100.00 bills are coming from the budgets of other age groups.
1,020 51,310 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 09:33 PM
Barca, SUSA, Somers and Galaxy I understand how they all made regionals. How did EMSC qualify?

Any carded team can apply for USCS regionals.

Perhaps their 10th place finish in ECNL qualifies them.
1,020 51,310 Read More
College
06/26/19 09:14 PM
the rules are a step in right direction but super confusing.

They always were.
4 608 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
06/26/19 09:13 PM
Deer park Shooting Stars 2008 Girls looking for 3-4 players for the 2019/20 season. We are a trainer based team that practices Twice a week. If interested please call Steve at 631-889-0140. Thank You!!
0 37 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 08:14 PM

Any carded team can apply for USCS regionals.
1,020 51,310 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
06/26/19 07:07 PM
The Boys 2005 Bellmore Cosmos are looking for a couple of players for the Fall 2019 season.

We will be holding a tryout this upcoming Tuesday, July 2 at JFK High School in Bellmore [3000 Bellmore Ave] from 7-8:15pm on the turf field.

We are an experienced and competitive team who competed in the top LIJSL division [Premier] this past Fall season.

We are professionally trained during the season and also continue our training approximately 1x a week in the offseason. We also participate in a competitive winter league.

If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please reach out to Coach Lou @ ljcerrotta@optonline.net or 516-729-8684.

Thanks
0 37 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 06:45 PM
That is why east meadow and farmingdale are together. East meadow wanted fields they are local and now they have great field access the farmingdale girls will not join ecnl as they won't take them now since they didn't take them before
158 15,043 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 06:26 PM
Everyone here talks out of their ass. At the beginning of the season there were people posting how Clarkstown was done in the Fall, how Susa was the next best thing, and how Albertson was overrated. Well, Clarkstown still dominating, Susa was a no show, and Albertson had a very good season.
GREAT CALL BOTN EXPERTS!!!

SUSA definitely fell apart and that was realy weird to see but they spread their players too thin. 2007s should have stayed in 2007 teams. Albertson is a good team and going to get better as they had a very good turnout at tryouts from other clubs. Clarkstown did what they do. They won a lot but I wonder what they'd be like without their main super star player. She is amazing.

The girl that scores off the kick-off? Last I heard she was staying.
433 48,318 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 05:59 PM
Everyone here talks out of their ass. At the beginning of the season there were people posting how Clarkstown was done in the Fall, how Susa was the next best thing, and how Albertson was overrated. Well, Clarkstown still dominating, Susa was a no show, and Albertson had a very good season.

SUSA definitely fell apart and that was realy weird to see but they spread their players too thin. 2007s should have stayed in 2007 teams. Albertson is a good team and going to get better as they had a very good turnout at tryouts from other clubs. Clarkstown did what they do. They won a lot but I wonder what they'd be like without their main super star player. She is amazing.
433 48,318 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
06/26/19 05:04 PM
SUSA B03 Age Group is looking to add 3 - 5 players for the upcoming year.

Teams play in EDP, NPL and NYCSL alongside Cup competitions.

All teams play in local and regional showcases. College assistance, video analysis, 12 month training schedule, at least twcie per week all year round.

For questions and training times please contact:

James Kelsh
james@susaacademy.com
631-708-8702
0 30 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 04:35 PM
1,020 51,310 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 03:16 PM
Until we have a better professional league and a singular structure for soccer in this country from pro to youth, it will never really improve.

It will never happen as long as politics and nepotism rule youth soccer. It is the same American soccer system from 20, 30, 40 years ago. The DA has done nothing to produce great players, not one.
1,843 133,760 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 02:28 PM
Perfectly said
1,020 51,310 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 01:40 PM
The NYC metro area is diluted because of too many teams. It also seems that it isn’t served well by the cast of characters that coach and run the programs.

I’ve heard rumors that some MLS teams are considering the pay model. Apparently their academies just aren’t getting a return on nvestment.

Absolutely the league is too big, same with GDA. MLS clubs spend a substantial amount of money training these kids (plus travel and other costs). They can make a good bit of that back running camps and RDS programs, but it still is a $ and human capital drain. They also can't make much money off home growns when they actually have any, which doesn't happen often. New rules changes may help some with that, but face it most clubs aren't cranking out Christian Pulisics. MLS clubs would like to pull out of BDA for many reasons but one is they could simply slice the number of teams they're running and save a good deal of money.

They are already using a pay model. Look at RBNY. They have regional pre-academy teams that are pay-to-play. And with the U12 dismissal for next season, that's another AG. Next season it will be U13 gone.

To your point on Pulisic, I slightly disagree insofar as training compensation will be a big component going forward. if you look at the math, there's a poor ROI for 12-15 as that gets forced into Category IV, which for CONCACAF clubs is $2000 per year compensation. However, for 16 and up, the training compensation is based on what category the club falls into, and my guess is that MLS would be Category II (highest available in USA). That's a $40k/year.

So if you're an MLS club like RBNY, you can run pay-to-play clubs from ulittle to U13. At U14-15 DA you get to pick from the best and then run competitive U17 teams. Maybe you get a Tyler Adams and sign him to a first team contract. You season the best of those at U18/19 and maybe some go abroad at 18. You'll get back something like $128,000 in training comp if they sign a pro contract. And then if there's a transfer fee involved in any point in that player's career, you'll get 2.5% of that fee.

TL;DR: MLS will make money on ulittles, lose a little to cycle through U14-15, then make it up by having more recoupment options for U16 & up.
1,843 133,760 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 12:11 PM
So, the DA Playoffs are under way. Here is how FC Fury are doing so far (6/25):
U18 - DID NOT attend. Girls refused to go because they had Prom and HS graduations.
U16/17 - 0-4 loss in first game
U15 - 0-4 & 0-2. Shutout in two losses.

In the Showcase division, FC Albertson Fury:
U16/17 - Lost 5-1 & 6-1 in their first two games.

With this being the culmination of the season and Coach Caputo having left abruptly before these games, I wonder if Paul Riley made his way down to coach, supervise, and support his teams?

The absentee landlord is still absent. The self proclaimed futsal pro and the guy who coaches the younger girls are out there. Does that make you feel better about your $5k in training fees? I'm sure college coaches are talking to those two guys.

I’m sure at this point they are spinning it as it didn’t matter because they realize next year There will be one team and that one will be stronger because it will be a combination of Albertson and Fury
Players and families thrown Under the bus be damned.

Nope. That won't even be as strong as last year. Several starters have left the Fury team and the many of the Alby Fury girls will go play EDP. Many saw what was coming and just went to other clubs. Many will make up their mind after HS season.

Where are the alby girls playing edp? Did they stay with alby or go elsewhere?
155 14,070 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 12:08 PM
U18 - DID NOT attend. Girls refused to go because they had Prom and HS graduations.

With this being the culmination of the season and Coach Caputo having left abruptly before these games, I wonder if Paul Riley made his way down to coach, supervise, and support his teams?

The absentee landlord is still absent. The self proclaimed futsal pro and the guy who coaches the younger girls are out there. Does that make you feel better about your $5k in training fees? I'm sure college coaches are talking to those two guys.

I’m sure at this point they are spinning it as it didn’t matter because they realize next year There will be one team and that one will be stronger because it will be a combination of Albertson and Fury

Nope. That won't even be as strong as last year. Several starters have left the Fury team and the many of the Alby Fury girls will go play EDP. Many saw what was coming and just went to other clubs. Many will make up their mind after HS season.

Hopefully, they wouldn’t fall for the the poor reject used car and life insurance salesmen disguised as soccer coaches trying to lure them to come back. Those trainers should maybe switch jobs-, there is more financial upside trying to sell insurance and they now have the experience to do so!
155 14,070 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 11:45 AM
Has wc ever tried to build its own local facility? What would it cost to build a similar facility?

Finding the land is probably the biggest barrier.

There's a reason few clubs have their own facilities or even fields - it's a huge investment. Without deep pockets or generous donations it's tough to come up with the funds to buy costly land and then to build. Take out a huge loan? It's a huge risk to owners and an asset of limited value to a bank; fields are just the value of land really. A larger club will need multiple fields, not just one or two. Most will need to rent out the space during the down times to bring in extra money, which then requires more management time. If you get lucky you can buy something already built that's for sale or long term lease when it comes available.
158 15,043 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 11:13 AM
Until we have a better professional league and a singular structure for soccer in this country from pro to youth, it will never really improve.
1,843 133,760 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 01:22 AM
The NYC metro area is diluted because of too many teams. It also seems that it isn’t served well by the cast of characters that coach and run the programs.

I’ve heard rumors that some MLS teams are considering the pay model. Apparently their academies just aren’t getting a return on nvestment.

Absolutely the league is too big, same with GDA. MLS clubs spend a substantial amount of money training these kids (plus travel and other costs). They can make a good bit of that back running camps and RDS programs, but it still is a $ and human capital drain. They also can't make much money off home growns when they actually have any, which doesn't happen often. New rules changes may help some with that, but face it most clubs aren't cranking out Christian Pulisics. MLS clubs would like to pull out of BDA for many reasons but one is they could simply slice the number of teams they're running and save a good deal of money.

I find it humorous that this discussion started with a post noting how many non-MLS teams made the elimination round of the playoffs and you are talking about how big the league has gotten. Fact is that the Red Bulls were the DA powerhouse before NYCFC came along. Now NYCFC and Red Bulls usually get into the playoffs but the Red Bulls no longer have a monopoly on the local talent so they are no longer nearly as dominant nationwide. We have so much talent in the country but not enough coaching talent and soccer culture to translate it into international results. We also have a lot of local soccer talent with locals regularly getting into academy playoffs. Including Westchester, PDA, Cedar Stars and BWG. I am talking about the last 2-3 years.

I note that now only 1 MLS team remains in the U17 playoffs, with FC Dallas being eliminated today by another Dallas academy that is not MLS.
1,843 133,760 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/26/19 12:53 AM
Hey my kid has a late year birthday. Starts, Doesn’t play down and is such a threat he is constantly being fouled yet yet when fouled by a big strong heavy kid he gets flipped head over heals. Have you seen the size of some of these teams? Especially NEFC?? Without puberty you can not out run these 185lb 6ft tall men. And when they catch you you’re eating turf.
1,843 133,760 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/25/19 11:53 PM
433 48,318 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
06/25/19 11:23 PM

155 14,070 Read More
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 49 50
Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Central Jersey 7/13
EDP Pocono Premier 7/13
EDP Summer Showcase 7/27
EDP MAPS CAPS 7/27
LIRR Beach Bash

Friends of Renz Charity 8/3
CRUSA - FC Bucks 8/3
Kickoff Classic 8/10
LIRR Beach Bash
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/24
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
Southampton Cup CA 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
EDP Fall Cup 10/12
Parsippany Pride 10/11
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
EDP Fall Classic 11/16
Southampton Cup TX 11/23
Southampton Cup Balt. 11/23
EDP Maps Cup 11/23
EDP Fall Showcase 11/23
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Southampton Cup FL 12/7
EDP Winter Classic 12/7
Camps & Clinics
EISC Summer Camps
LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps

LIRR Advanced Training
LIRR Summer Camps
LIRR Team Camps
LIRR Striker Camps
LIRR Goalkeeper Camps
Eastern FC Champions Camp
Eastern FC Pre-Season HS
KK Athletics Summer
SUSA HS Prep
SUSA Finishing/Goalkeeper SUSA @ Baymen
SUSA Fall Kick Off
SUSA Camp Series
SUSA Summer Splash
SUSA Futsal Camp
Gold Coast FC Camps
Gold Coast FC Training
WYSL Summer Camp
Sponsors

Newest Members
HUDSONSPORTSCOM, HempfieldFallCl, Penn Legacy, soccerlife18, Lindycoach11
14835 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (MCCS Rage, H_Wildcats, Dave Birnbaum), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019