Spring Leagues Schedules, Scores & Standings:

| BDA | CDYSL | CCSL | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP NPL | EHYSL | ENY Challenge | ENY Open | ENYPL | ERL | GDA | LIJSL |
| LI Cup | Metro | NPL | NY Cup | NYCSL | NYPL | SIYSL | WYSL | WYSL Premier | WYSL Cup | WYSL Cup (H.S.) |

Nobody Does It Better
Latest Tryout Posts
NY HOTA NPL Boys 2005 Open Practices
by BoysHotaSoccer05. 04/24/18 08:30 PM
Girls 2003 Open Practices - South Huntington
by girlsthunder. 04/24/18 05:03 PM
BU13 (2005) Dix Hills Liverpool
by DHLiverpool. 04/24/18 10:42 AM
GU13 Stony Brook Arsenal - Open Practices/Players Wanted
by StonyBrookSoccer. 04/23/18 04:50 PM
EDP 2017-2018
EDP Registration
EDP NPL Schedule
EDP NPL Scores & Standings
EDP Spring '18 Schedules
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '18 Scores & Standings
Spring '18 LI Cup
Spring '18 Games Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '17
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY Leagues
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
Premier League
ERL
NYCSL Scores & Standings
CCSL
Metro
NPL
NY Cup
NYCSL
NYPL
Tweets & Twits
Newest Members
Dean Moriarty, EDPGuy, jwm750, 10nutmeg, StephanFerrer
14559 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Cross It 4 Fun, steve5chang, 10nutmeg, CJ Orlando), 136 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN en Espańol
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Tournaments
04/24/18 01:48 PM
0 27 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good luck today Smithtown. I will be at that game. The former Susa players on Smithtown are ready for this game.

Well good luck to them . I’m sure the current SUSA players don’t even want to be there.
Right.
545 35,938 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:49 PM
[quote=Anonymous]okay, I will take the bait, While I can agree that the men play faster and are generally stronger and possibly even more skilled, I call BS that any age boy team can beat any age girls team. At the younger ages I believe that the girls would need a 2 year handicap to be competitive. Meaning that the if the 04 girls played the 06 boys it should be a fairly competitive match. Again granted the boys generally play faster, but the girls would be have size and the skill levels would be comparable. Lastly, while the womens game maybe a joke to you and others, for the women and the girls that are playing it is no joke. And for those girls that are playing, they have a better chance of getting money from schools then the boys do have going pro or getting money from schools.

Here’s some advice for next time. Take the bait and keep your foolish comments to yourself. You have no clue.
3,109 203,569 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Very good point. Why would a men's team be given a GDA? Stupid and incompetent USSF. The thought process at GDA needs some smart women to put this back together. I'm sure the men in the USSF got involved!!

Having daughters with a passion for the game, it's frustrating seeing US Women soccer always taking a backseat to the Men,and the competition isn't even close. I get it, advertising, revenue, yada yada. But how about NYCFC and RedBulls step up with pro women teams?

Here's why... No one cares about women's pro soccer, no one would come to the games, and they would lose money by doing it. I get it, the USWNT is more competitive internationally than the USMNT, yada yada. At the end of the day, so friggin' what? These clubs are running a business, and the overwhelming majority of sports fans would rather watch a bad men's team than a good women's team. Whether or not anyone thinks this is fair or unfair is completely irrelevant - it is reality.

You hit the nail on the head. Woman soccer is a joke compared to mens. Men are just much stronger faster and more skilled. Any boys NYCFC would wipe the floor with any NYCFC girls team. That’s any BDA vs GDA not just NYCFC. The youngest boys team would shut out the oldest girls team at NYCFC. If girls NYCFC teams were free it would pull money away from the boys DA. Let’s be honest if you were a business man would you invest in an update inferior product. That would be crazy.

With the exception of youth clubs and the WNT there is no money to be made in women's soccer. NYCFC is a business. They'll only start a women's pro team if there's money to be made. Since GDA was new and unproven, and NYCFC certainly knows what it costs to run a DA program, it's completely understandable why they wouldn't run GDA for free year 1.

NYCFC got involved in GDA very late. Do you think they make money in Australia? Or England? I doubt it. Basis my observations of the NYCFC involvement n the GDA this year, you overestimate what they know and how involved. Right now they are there iin littel more than name. We will see if that changes. here si some evidence

1. NYCFC social media - compare Boys Da tweets to Girls
2. NYCFC webiste - compare Boys data to girls
3. Arguably the biggest day in a girls Youth soccer career is signing her NLI. let me know if you find a single acknowledgement of that day for NYCFC to the player that did that this year.

NYCFC have no real connection to the GDA at all and its obvious. We will see if that changes next year.
3,109 203,569 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:39 PM
Good luck today Smithtown. I will be at that game. The former Susa players on Smithtown are ready for this game.
545 35,938 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:33 PM
Larry,
Seems like a great idea! Do you know if NYCSL will be offering this format to 5 Boros?

I dont see why they wouldn't.
2 148 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:26 PM
Larry,
Seems like a great idea! Do you know if NYCSL will be offering this format to 5 Boros?
2 148 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:24 PM
I have a daughter playing D1 at a great soccer school and have a daughter who was “walking the fence” about playing DA or stay at ECNL. I polled the vast majority of these college players who are all amazing athletes and everyone said they would never have given up playing high school. They all to this day said there high school experience playing soccer enhanced there time in high school. GDA with there arrogance thought by dangling the hopes of being invited to National Camp players would give up there high school sports. Such arrogance by the USSF. The attacks on GDA have more to do with how they effect the lives of these young ladies. There has never been a problem in the past of identifying talent rather this was about the USSF wanting to take over girls soccer and instead falling on there face in year 1. My younger daughter is looking forward to her last year of playing high school soccer as a Captain and finishing up with ECNL. Some of her DA friends said they also missed playing high school and can’t wait to return in the Fall.

I would not poll others. I would just ask my child what she preferred and why? Its a dumb to compare 'memories" . I bet there are kids with unpleasant HS stories as well. Your rush to judge in one year is a sign that you have an agenda. i dont have any resentment towards you choosing ECNL, why do you seem to have it towards those who choose different ?

I would poll boys/men in college who gave up HS for DA and ask if they have any regrets. Many of the ones I know do have regrets, or at least wish they had had a choice. You can't get your HS years back. And with the continue strength of ECNL and far more college rosters spots for women vs men, doing DA just isn't a necessity for girls. It isn't entirely necessary for men but is if you want a decent D1 program.
If they want it great, it's there for them. If they don't they then ECNL is a great option too.
29 1,044 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Very good point. Why would a men's team be given a GDA? Stupid and incompetent USSF. The thought process at GDA needs some smart women to put this back together. I'm sure the men in the USSF got involved!!

Having daughters with a passion for the game, it's frustrating seeing US Women soccer always taking a backseat to the Men,and the competition isn't even close. I get it, advertising, revenue, yada yada. But how about NYCFC and RedBulls step up with pro women teams?

Here's why... No one cares about women's pro soccer, no one would come to the games, and they would lose money by doing it. I get it, the USWNT is more competitive internationally than the USMNT, yada yada. At the end of the day, so friggin' what? These clubs are running a business, and the overwhelming majority of sports fans would rather watch a bad men's team than a good women's team. Whether or not anyone thinks this is fair or unfair is completely irrelevant - it is reality.

You hit the nail on the head. Woman soccer is a joke compared to mens. Men are just much stronger faster and more skilled. Any boys NYCFC would wipe the floor with any NYCFC girls team. That’s any BDA vs GDA not just NYCFC. The youngest boys team would shut out the oldest girls team at NYCFC. If girls NYCFC teams were free it would pull money away from the boys DA. Let’s be honest if you were a business man would you invest in an update inferior product. That would be crazy.

With the exception of youth clubs and the WNT there is no money to be made in women's soccer. NYCFC is a business. They'll only start a women's pro team if there's money to be made. Since GDA was new and unproven, and NYCFC certainly knows what it costs to run a DA program, it's completely understandable why they wouldn't run GDA for free year 1.
3,109 203,569 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 11:01 AM
This DA stuff is BS. All of you are paying these scam artists for "development" and "connections" to MLS clubs to keep YOUR dreams alive. The US Soccer status quo is the same as it ever was, with the same names and faces using the latest international vocabulary to open your checkbooks. Footballers are made from a footballing culture - which the US still doesn't have and maybe never will. The common denominator of international pros is that as kids they all played lots of unsupervised ball, not in front of paid coaches after mom drops them off in a luxury SUV. Futbol = poor man's game. Soccer = rich man's game. Rich kid will never be as hungry as a poor kid.

best ever! read it twice parents!

Very well said sir, get your kids to a car park set two goals up with jumpers,pick two captains, pick teams, and let them play with a tennis ball, you'll be amazed at how good they will get.
2,456 156,873 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 03:13 AM
Don't waste your time with Valencia, great marketing team, very poorly organized...

Is that a joke . Valencia just beat up on Barca 4-0, we could've put in another four or five. The real joke is all you fools that think playing for Barca means anything. They are the clowns of the league , did not have one player that was any good . Just a fancy name .

You were playing Barca 03 I think , Barca 02 isn’t in metropolitan league . If it was the 02team that’s bad , Guarantee star players”on Barca 02who came from Atletico looking to ride the Valencia coat tails next season

If it makes you guys feel any better, Valencia and Barca are both equally terrible and unworthy of any conversation on BOTN.
120 11,236 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 02:18 AM
There are two Juventus clubs?

Yes

Juventus Acacemy (formerly Boca Jrs)
East Meadiow Juventus
133 18,180 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 01:54 AM
9 teams down, 7 to go. Who will win the NY State Cup 05 Gold division?

Will JPSC continue hitting above their weight class and upset LI Premier?

Will heavyweights Atletico and Clarkstown battle to the final bell?

Can SUSA NPL avenge their league loss to White Plains Academy last weekend to earn the right to host the #1 NYE team from Manhattan SC?

Only time will tell....
563 47,731 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 01:53 AM
Roast them, WHY?

Because Bulldawgs and Surf etc took an opportunity other teams also had and your strictly "hating" because your team could have also joined the league however your coach didn't, blame your club. They might go to regionals as you'll be writing on BOTN crying a river how they did it.

Next year many teams will apply for this league and the same opportunity provided maybe Bulldawgs and Surf are ahead of their time ENYYSA leagues is open to ALL

Good Luck to all teams aspiring play higher levels regionally.

Haters will always hate

Hey you don't read very well do you? My post stated that when it comes to EDP D1 and the Open Cup the Bulldawgs have shown their mettle. They have won EDP D1 before and also EDP Tournaments against very strong competition. That is a COMPLIMENT and I have complimented them in the past as well. I just happen to be of the opinion that ENYYSA is the wrong venue for such a talented team to prove they are they best. That does not make me a hater, just making an honest statement. Heavyweights should fight heavyweights, not flyweights. Simple, nothing more. I also think you are 100% wrong in that there will not be some massive influx of teams to ENYYSA next year. Let's be honest, do you really believe the Dawgs and Surf are so smart to have figured out how to play weaker competition and no one else did? Sorry Chief, but all the teams looking to prove themselves go to NPL and EDP (among others) leagues and tournaments to play the best, not to ENYYSA to play the weakest. And sorry bud, hate to upset your delicate sensitivities further, but I won't be crying about anything when they get to Regionals or further. I'll leave the crying to you or the other hyper sensitive parents.
1,968 130,088 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 01:34 AM
The NY Club Soccer League is pleased to announce the introduction of a new development platform for U7 & U8 players across Long Island.

Over the past few months, the NYCSL taken the initiative and has held numerous meetings and conferences with many members of within our league. We are pleased to announce that starting this Fall, the league will offer the following structure to all incoming 2011 & 2012 players. Please note that this will be the ONLY offering for these age groups!

In order to comply with US Soccer Player Development Initiatives, the new platform will follow a 4v4 format and combine games and festivals to provide young players with the perfect introduction to travel soccer.

A club based model allows participating clubs to provide their players with a fun filled game day environment with the efficiency and convenience that club based play provides.

Dedicated Nassau and Suffolk divisions will ensure limited travel, with local clubs and academies grouped together, providing an ideal experience for all.

Key Features:

- 4v4 Format
- DOC/Trainer Based League
- 4 (10) Minute periods to allow ample coaching opportunities
- Limited travel (Nassau & Suffolk based groupings)
- Club based league play
- No results or standings posted
- A safe and fun environment
- 2 League Sponsored Festivals
- 6 weeks of additional weekend play

Founding Clubs Include:

Albertson
Atletico FC
Auburndale SC
Barca
Brentwood
EMSC
Elmont
Farmingdale SC
Gold Coast FC
Jericho AA
Juventus
Kings Park SC
Locust Valley Bayville SC
Long Island Premier FC
Merrick/South Merrick PAL
Mineola Port
New Hyde Park Wildcats SC
Northport Cow Harbor United SC
NY Hota Bavarian SC
Port Washington SC
SB Athletico
SUSA FC
Syosset SC
Valencia

NYCSL Technical Director John Curtis states that, “The NYCSL is delighted to follow US Soccer’s lead and provide the young players of Long Island with the best possible game day environment. We sincerely hope this initiative will help grow participation in NY and allow young players to develop in a fun, safe and constructive game day setting”.

If your club would like more information on this new offering, please email ggrossman@nyclubsoccerleague.com
2 148 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 01:32 AM
Galaxy and Thunder step up every week. Game in and game out they just keep winning. Long Island has yet to find a team that can answer them .

Check the results from the past year. they've been beaten by long island teams before. that being said.... they are both quality teams but would put the Bulldawgs (another quality team) up against them anytime. I bet the coaches from Galaxy and Thunder enjoy playing them for the competition.

Sorry, Balldawgs not at Galaxy level....maybe someday!

Would not disagree but closer than most.
1,968 130,088 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:51 AM
Just saw the SUSA driven post ^. That’s funny. I swear - It’s not us who’s losing in NPL, losing in all our tournaments, losing in Cup. We don’t care about wins but we have to explain ourselves anyway. laugh. It only seems like us but it’s really not. That was not us who went to those tournaments. If you saw us. It only looked like us. Got it ? We are the team that only loses in R1. That’s us. Not us at the other games we play in. So shut the heck up. That’s not us !! But we don’t care about results any way! Results don’t matter, just don’t think that’s us with those bad results we don’t care about - when it’s not. Get your facts straight. It’s not us. I swear. I swear. I swear. Pinky swear. So if you see us , it’s not us. Got it ? We are happy damn it. Now leave us alone. I just wanted to let you know. That’s not us. But we don’t care any way ! So move on !

Haha^ Best post here. So true ^.

Very true. I wish I knew who posted this. Genius
545 35,938 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:49 AM
You'll never get it will you, football is a religion everywhere exept the u s, so don't expect your kids to play extra football.
29 1,044 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/24/18 12:00 AM
There are two Juventus clubs?
133 18,180 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 11:54 PM
Sesa schmesa....kk is the better team
672 60,857 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 11:52 PM
There is less flopping in women’s soccer than the men’s game.
3,109 203,569 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 11:50 PM
Cross It For Fun...FYI, Larry (me) never posts something I hear from someone. When I post a fact it is because it is 100% dead-on-balls accurate. Do not confuse when I do not say who my source is that it is just a someone because it never is, and to be redundant, I always post under my name to make it clear what I write isn't a bubba-mise.
45 1,117 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 11:42 PM
Larry, hope you can help me.

I have kids in the younger divisions, U7 & U10 at Massapequa. The U10 wants to get better and has asked to play for a different club but I’d like to keep them in Massapequa. Is this a mistake? If they were going to be relegated in NPL, how can they get into EDP? Is it a favor to RN?

Before you jump define wants to get better....your son develop or play for a better team get wins
If it is develop attend open practices compare training sessions. Once you narrow it diwn to one or teams go watch them play a game or two observe the parents and the trainer / player interaction. Does he get his subs in? Chances are unless your son is a top 5 player on a bew team he will gave to earn his starting spot....he cannot develop riding the bench at his age.
Good training and playing a game develops the player

Grass is not always do not jump just to jump...do your home work as he will be the new kid and not know any ody most likeky.

Lastly I would not jump based on alleged relegation rumor check the standings firvall age groups yourself and see if the facts support the informstion passed onto Larry.
Somebody may have told Larry that does not make it true or false...
45 1,117 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 11:38 PM

This poster is 100% correct if your child is an average player, then I would recommend staying local playing local. If your child is a higher end spectrum player you want to have them moved to an ECNL or GDA program by U12 the latest U13.

Issue arrises, these ECNL and GDA teams are forming NOW, Albertson and East Meadow both have VERY GOOD U12 teams, these girls are growing roots within their respective clubs.

For example, if the poster above sends her daughter at U16(15 years old) to an ECNL/GDA club she better be ABSOLUTELY spectacular or she will not take a position from a girl that the program has known and trained for years. I am not saying it doesn't happen because, talent is talent, I am speaking for the vast majority of girls.

U13 is THE MOST IMPORTANT YEAR TO MOVE YOUR DAUGHTER to an ECNL or GDA program. Why you ask, because ROSTERS EXPAND AT U13 as teams move to play 11v11, in turn, the clubs need to find additional girls...

That will allow your daughter to learn the 11v11 game with the current girls of the program. In turn this will help her to grow roots, learns the clubs system, and gel with the girls/team....

Total scare tactics here. Yes many sheep will follow your advice.
You kinda contradict yourself because unless your a top 4-5 player on that ECNL team at 16-17 years old your not gonna get looked at a relatively high level D1 program anyway if at all.
You make it sound like if you play on an ECNL or DA team that you will get scouted. That is so so so far from the truth.
And also what’s a higher end spectrum player. Lol. Unfortunately every parent thinks their kid is something you speak of.
Plenty of players who play in NPL or EDP leagues can also get into the same schools if they are good players.

To the original poster. Go watch an ECNL game in the U13-15 ages then do the same for a high level NPL or EDP team. You will see there is not much of a difference
Good luck with your daughters choice
It always works out in the end.

Don't be silly and say NPL and EDP can even be spoken in the same breath as GDA and ECNL. World Class, PDA(NYCFC), FC STARS, and more are some of the top girls programs in the country all GDA/ECNL.

Want a FACT, 85% of the US Women's National Team played for an ECNL program(GDA wasn't around for the current team)

Top players go to the top leagues that's just how it goes...
[/quote]

Nonsense!! Get your facts straight, 00's from current NPL and National league teams like NJ Stallions , HBC and Quickstrike have as many D1 and college commits as any local ECNL or GDA program in the area. Screw the league, find a great trainer.
[/quote]

The original poster didn't other girls don't get college commits. But he is correct that if you are on a GDA/ECNL it basically a given. As the poster above stated and I will assume to prove it we can go to their websites basically 100% of Albertson and East Meadow graduating girls get scholarships. The example of HBC I remember those teams, HBC had a 1 or 2 team run of quality but that run is over they are basically baron of any quality teams. Can anyone on here even remember playing a quality HBC team? They didn't have the league so the girls didn't come anymore. It may hurt some peoples feelings but this poster is correct that parents of the top girls want there daughters playing in either ECNL or GDA the parents feel it gives them the best shot at College $$$. It's also true that ECNL/GDA are not for everyone really only that maybe top 15% of girls that are really looking to play in College.

[/quote]

Wow, this post couldn't be any more delusional!!! EM and Alby ECNL have produced on average, about a dozen or so players that get some form of scholarship, per year. Nobody knows (nor should we), what type of scholarship. I'm sure some very talented players got substantial amounts while others maybe got very little.

It's easy enough to dispute your misinformed post, by checking out their websites. Granted, they try to buff the numbers by including kids that either committed while playing somewhere else or have since moved to a different club, but more importantly their "lists" also include "committments" to D3 schools and not very good ones.

While there are plenty of kids that use their athletic prowess to help gain admission to top D3 schools-MIT, Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon etc., those aren't the level of D3 schools EM and Alby kids are going to.
[/quote]

Of the 36-40 girls on the highest level at EM and Albertson, who will be entering college in the fall; where exactly are all these superstars going and how many have substantial (greater than 50%) rides? My guess, maybe I’m wrong, are the overwhelming majority are going to average Joe colleges to play in front of no one and having to pay essentially full tuition. Nothing wrong with that, just asking
499 57,243 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
04/23/18 10:38 PM
We played Sesa multiple times this year they are a good team and the parents are respectful as well as the players and coaches. We have also played most of the division 1 teams who seem to be more skilled then the Sesa team. It doesn’t seem that the comments on here sound like the parents of the team we played. PS we beat them and they showed good sportsmanship.
672 60,857 Read More
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tournaments
Commack SC Memorial 5/26
EDP Cup Spring 5/26
EDP Memorial Day 5/26
EDP Pocono Cup 5/26
Manalapan Memorial Day 5/26
NRSA Father's Day 6/16
EDP Spr. Showcase 6/16
EDP Summer Classic 6/23
LIRR Independence Cup 6/23