Open Cup
Premier League
ERL
Tweets & Twits
Newest Members
Terry Maloney, madisondrago, rvcsoccer, Ed Beck, Kelli21
14522 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 193 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN en Espaol
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 12:03 PM
Ronkonkoma- Hauppauge not playing in Manhattan?? Where is Long Island ??
1,561 81,833 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 12:01 PM
Barca Red - SUSA NPL not playing in Manhattan ?? What’s up with the big boys ?
1,561 81,833 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All of this nycfc vs barca is rediculous. As far as I know, nycfc has a majority of the top talent but definitely not all of it. I know for a fact several kids who could have played at nycfc and rb aceademy and chose Barcelona. The coaching staff is a 100% from spain and barca academy certified. They perform the exact same training methods from la masia. I will say that nycfc has a much stronger talent pool, but there coaching and training methodology is not at the level of barcelona. Many will argue that kids develop better with better players around them and i get thats why they want rhere kids to play at nycfc. However, if you watch the youtube game of nycfc vs the real Barcelona, nycfc were run ragged by barce possession. The score was not indicative of how much barce killed them. Nycfc looked tactically naive and relied on there athletecism to stay in the match. I will give all the nycfc kids tons of respect for playing there hearts out, but unfortunately using your brain is also part of the game and thats where american coaching will let you down. There is a cultural difference between an american nycfc coach and a Barcelona coach from Spain.. these coaches are hands on and interactive with every training session. Anybody who knows anything about soccer and would decide to leave this program for another club doesnt really know much about soccer and development. I actually feel bad for all the parents who are driving hours and hours for training and games to the city and upstate, when the best training is right in front of there nose. All those talented kids would be better off coming to barcelona and utilizing the same methoadoligy that developed arguably some of the best talent in the world. I am predicting that if Barce continues to attract top talent by getting DA status which they say they are going to get, you will see many players coming over from other DA teams in the near future. Hopefully they will offer a free program like they said in there pitch this past summer. Time will tell. For now nycfc kids are probably better off where they are, but dont be surprised down the road when you see some underated kids coming out of barca academy upstaging many of the kids whomthink they already made it at nycfc. Its a very long journey and everyone develops at different stages. When all the 06 and 05 kids are between 18-22 years old hopefully all you stupid parents who write all this crap will realize all of it was a waste of time because only 1 to 2 percent of all the people who post on here will have a kid playing pro ball.

Take into consideration that particular Barcelona team live and train at La Masia all year round and are a selection of the worlds best. Regardless of the play a goal off of a free kick is absolutely not what I expected from a world class team. Put 16 American kids all year round in a Soccer residential program from when they are 8 and then play them at 12, I can almost Guarantee a total annihilation in score. What the NYCFC kids showed us was that part time american players were able to keep pace with full time players from one of the most notable youth development program in the world. Imagine we throw out ego and the who is who mentality we have and all the best players showed up at NYCFC, Barcelona wouldn't stand a chance.

A colleague of mine said it best, were an exotic sports car just hanging out in neutral. We are nearing the time of putting our car into drive and totally cruising the world.

1 to 2% playing pro ball? Are you out of your mind? Try closer to .01%.

#Clueless
471 32,611 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 02:21 AM
At least there is no snow predicted for the weekend and it seems to be warming yon
10 1,581 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 12:06 AM
“Every player in this country, regardless of background, has something to offer,” Gomez says. “You can look at Hispanic players and say they’re more technical and less athletic, but we’ve lost sight of how valuable those players can be. How come these players are integral players in different teams, in different styles of soccer, but American soccer doesn’t see value in them?”

This is a long article but I think the diversity that US soccer needs goes beyond ethnicity. There is a striking style of play currently valued in our system that is not a winning one!

What is "an American player?" When you hear "Spain player" do you have an idea in your head? When you hear "Italian player" do you automatically have some idea? What about Brazilian, Argentinian, German? On and on for the major countries. Does an identity of such national team players pop into your head? And thus a style of play they fit into. I'd guess it does. (Always outliers, but a general type exists I'd argue.)

OK, again, what comes in you head when you say "American player?"
"Italian" player? Who, Buffon? That is another country without an identity. Best you can say is they play defensively and it doesn't matter who their competition is. What can you expect when the best players participation in the Serie A are mostly South American and African?

You must be out of your mind. Italy won 4 WC. Their clubs have won the champions league more than their fare share and you call them without identity? They play a defensive style and counter puch. They made an art of it. They didn't qualify for this WC but so what? they got knocked out by Sweden, not T&T.
1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/19/18 12:00 AM
They never have played them

More lies u played in the Susa indoor league and get spanked by the Susa team that plays D1 or did u forget about that game

It wasn't their first team. It was their 2nd team

pathetic. Go play with your daughter, she needs her Barbie doll
463 40,028 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 11:54 PM
“Every player in this country, regardless of background, has something to offer,” Gomez says. “You can look at Hispanic players and say they’re more technical and less athletic, but we’ve lost sight of how valuable those players can be. How come these players are integral players in different teams, in different styles of soccer, but American soccer doesn’t see value in them?”

This is a long article but I think the diversity that US soccer needs goes beyond ethnicity. There is a striking style of play currently valued in our system that is not a winning one!

For all his bombastery Alexi Lalas has basically said this too. At the national team level, decide on a style of play and then put all the chips on it. I'd rather have a clear defined objective and put everything on it and fail then have a mish mosh of nothing like we do now.

Can anyone on here actually articulate clearly how the US plays? What our system is? We play terribly! I hate watching our national team play. It's ugly. We have enough very good players in this country to do way better. The coaching/planning has been awful.

Pick a style and build around it. Want to play an "athletic" style? What might be called rightly or wrongly a typically American style with big fast non-technical players and hoofing it long and hoping. Fine! Select those players and smaller technical players won't be called in but they'll understand why--they don't fit the national team style. Want to play a different style? Let the coaching staff select players to fit it, let them design the training to get the results.

If players aren't called in because they don't fit the style of play and the objectives of the coach it doesn't mean they aren't good players. It means they don't fit the equation. Players and fans might not agree but they'll understand what the hell is going on at least.

Please, name the very good players in this country
1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 09:43 PM

More lies u played in the Susa indoor league and get spanked by the Susa team that plays D1 or did u forget about that game

It wasn't their first team. It was their 2nd team
463 40,028 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
The team was started at the end of the summer so it probably isn’t the same team as Super Y. There can be great players on great teams, ok teams, etc. My son plays at LISC and I think the team is pretty good. They had done a couple tournaments to test a few kids out before real games. I’m guessing your son is on a team LISC played so you know all about being in a low bracket (at least LISC had to be there as a new team). Or you’re a stalker. Either way you sound jealous. A kid is probably better than yours. So what.

Not a troll or jealous. - I stated three facts in response to a couple of posts
1- I saw them play at a tournament
2-they played in a tournament in the lowest level against LIJ teams
3-They played in the Super Y league and finished third out of 5 teams

I gave an opinion about a player as others did, see posts above, The gistvwas about a player leaving and where does LISC play (see posts above)
HOTA in my opinion playing in NPL is a better league for competition team to play/develop as opposed to the Super Y or LIJ level competition.....

I did not disparage you, LISC or your son.....i did not critique or say they are a bad team nor did i see the players were bad. you are way too sensitive Mr Anonymous.

Regardless good luck to your team and players.

PS You guessed wrong my sons team played after your game, not against your sons team, and I Was watching the game While my sons team was warming up getting ready to play kickball or kick and run .....whatever strategy the trainer was using that day.

Give me a break, you are clearly implying that the team isn’t that good based on who you think they are playing and where. They are a brand new team. If you had actually watched, you would have seen that they are a great team. A brand new team has no got soccer points and has to enter tournaments based on where they are placed based on team history and got soccer points. You took the time to look up the Rough Rider Super Y team. That’s not the same team, though there are a few of the same kids. The LISC team will not play in LIJSL either. The NPL is good, but the competition there isn’t consistent either.

I implied nothing. I did watch and they looked good for the 25 minutes versus the level of competition they played against...you state they are a new team yet you state they are a great team.....if they are a new team they could very well be a great team time will tell.
Fair point on the no history in GS and team placement and I Agree with your consistency comment On NPL, however should be better with recent additions White Plains, Quickstrike, Cedar Stars, Barca (who knows yet) but play should be more consistent not at the EDP Div 1 level yet.

Again good luck to you and your team.
1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 06:54 PM
Ok is Feb 18. Any news about DA status for academies ?
1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 06:17 PM
The team was started at the end of the summer so it probably isn’t the same team as Super Y. There can be great players on great teams, ok teams, etc. My son plays at LISC and I think the team is pretty good. They had done a couple tournaments to test a few kids out before real games. I’m guessing your son is on a team LISC played so you know all about being in a low bracket (at least LISC had to be there as a new team). Or you’re a stalker. Either way you sound jealous. A kid is probably better than yours. So what.

I gave an opinion about a player as others did, see posts above, The gistvwas about a player leaving and where does LISC play (see posts above)
HOTA in my opinion playing in NPL is a better league for competition team to play/develop as opposed to the Super Y or LIJ level competition.....

I did not disparage you, LISC or your son.....i did not critique or say they are a bad team nor did i see the players were bad. you are way too sensitive Mr Anonymous.

PS You guessed wrong my sons team played after your game, not against your sons team, and I Was watching the game While my sons team was warming up getting ready to play kickball or kick and run .....whatever strategy the trainer was using that day.

Give me a break, you are clearly implying that the team isn’t that good based on who you think they are playing and where. They are a brand new team. If you had actually watched, you would have seen that they are a great team. A brand new team has no got soccer points and has to enter tournaments based on where they are placed based on team history and got soccer points. You took the time to look up the Rough Rider Super Y team. That’s not the same team, though there are a few of the same kids. The LISC team will not play in LIJSL either. The NPL is good, but the competition there isn’t consistent either.

Good luck with your new team, I am guessing the only reason this is on the boys DA thread is that LISC has DA aspirations on the boys side and they are using this team and the talk here about it, to get the ball rolling. I heard that it wasn’t a completely new squad, it was the Syosset 02s plus a few but they picked up the Rough Riders got soccer points instead of Syossets so they are down in lower brackets than otherwise and as far as got soccer is concerned, this is the RR team, they call it Globall/Rough Riders. Sounds like it has great promise and it doesn’t have a fancy overseas name either. But how about you take this back to the 02 thread for now?
1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 04:47 PM
More like a vw beatle stuck in reverse
471 32,611 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 04:04 PM

463 40,028 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 03:10 PM

1,957 96,753 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
02/18/18 01:39 PM
All of this nycfc vs barca is rediculous. As far as I know, nycfc has a majority of the top talent but definitely not all of it. I know for a fact several kids who could have played at nycfc and rb aceademy and chose Barcelona. The coaching staff is a 100% from spain and barca academy certified. They perform the exact same training methods from la masia. I will say that nycfc has a much stronger talent pool, but there coaching and training methodology is not at the level of barcelona. Many will argue that kids develop better with better players around them and i get thats why they want rhere kids to play at nycfc. However, if you watch the youtube game of nycfc vs the real Barcelona, nycfc were run ragged by barce possession. The score was not indicative of how much barce killed them. Nycfc looked tactically naive and relied on there athletecism to stay in the match. I will give all the nycfc kids tons of respect for playing there hearts out, but unfortunately using your brain is also part of the game and thats where american coaching will let you down. There is a cultural difference between an american nycfc coach and a Barcelona coach from Spain.. these coaches are hands on and interactive with every training session. Anybody who knows anything about soccer and would decide to leave this program for another club doesnt really know much about soccer and development. I actually feel bad for all the parents who are driving hours and hours for training and games to the city and upstate, when the best training is right in front of there nose. All those talented kids would be better off coming to barcelona and utilizing the same methoadoligy that developed arguably some of the best talent in the world. I am predicting that if Barce continues to attract top talent by getting DA status which they say they are going to get, you will see many players coming over from other DA teams in the near future. Hopefully they will offer a free program like they said in there pitch this past summer. Time will tell. For now nycfc kids are probably better off where they are, but dont be surprised down the road when you see some underated kids coming out of barca academy upstaging many of the kids whomthink they already made it at nycfc. Its a very long journey and everyone develops at different stages. When all the 06 and 05 kids are between 18-22 years old hopefully all you stupid parents who write all this crap will realize all of it was a waste of time because only 1 to 2 percent of all the people who post on here will have a kid playing pro ball.

Take into consideration that particular Barcelona team live and train at La Masia all year round and are a selection of the worlds best. Regardless of the play a goal off of a free kick is absolutely not what I expected from a world class team. Put 16 American kids all year round in a Soccer residential program from when they are 8 and then play them at 12, I can almost Guarantee a total annihilation in score. What the NYCFC kids showed us was that part time american players were able to keep pace with full time players from one of the most notable youth development program in the world. Imagine we throw out ego and the who is who mentality we have and all the best players showed up at NYCFC, Barcelona wouldn't stand a chance.

A colleague of mine said it best, were an exotic sports car just hanging out in neutral. We are nearing the time of putting our car into drive and totally cruising the world.
471 32,611 Read More
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tournaments
Globall Presidents Wk 2/18
SC Metro Cup 2/19
KK Presidents 2/20
EISC Winter Classic 2/24
MSC Kickoff Classic 3/2
SC NYCFC Kickoff 3/17
EDP Spr. Classic 3/17
EDP Easter 3/30
Commack SC Memorial 5/26