Spring '19 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | Challenge Cup | State Cup |
| GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSA | National League | NPL | NE NPL | NY Cup | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup | WYSL Premier |


Nobody Does It Better
Latest Posts
Zlatan The Great, Speaks!!!
by Dave Birnbaum. 02/20/19 05:40 PM
USSF GDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Larry Miller. 02/20/19 05:34 PM
G2005 GU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Anonymous. 02/20/19 03:06 PM
Latest Tryout Posts
Mt. Sinai Soccer Girls Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:21 PM
Mt. Sinai Soccer Boys Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:21 PM
Mt. Sinai Soccer Boys Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:20 PM
Soccer Talk Radio
EDP 2018-2019
Scores & Standings
Futures Scores & Standings
EDP Spr. '19 Brackets
Fall Schedules
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '18 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Spring '19 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '18
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Español
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718148
02/07/19 04:42 PM
02/07/19 04:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Actually, the team is not going to fold and has 15 players. The problem is sachem posts there rosters where everyone can see. The updated roster is not online and there was a problem with three players getting their releases from a neighboring club. The neighboring club was trying to convince these kids not to leave and even made up stuff , hmmm like what you just wrote. Hopefully, if anyone on the team is worried about numbers or who is on the team and who is coaching or training the team they would talk to the coach or trainer and not rely on an anonymous post.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718150
02/07/19 07:27 PM
02/07/19 07:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



From what is posted on this thread if things are that bad a merge with a neighboring club is a viable solution. Unfortunately many may go to SUSA or another academy which would probably be the best move.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718160
02/08/19 10:37 AM
02/08/19 10:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what is posted on this thread if things are that bad a merge with a neighboring club is a viable solution. Unfortunately many may go to SUSA or another academy which would probably be the best move.


Best move if you can afford SUSA's prices. And they go up every year more than the living wage!

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718167
02/08/19 02:09 PM
02/08/19 02:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what is posted on this thread if things are that bad a merge with a neighboring club is a viable solution. Unfortunately many may go to SUSA or another academy which would probably be the best move.


Best move if you can afford SUSA's prices. And they go up every year more than the living wage!



SUSA is not worth the money

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718168
02/08/19 02:18 PM
02/08/19 02:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 15,748
Greenwich Village
Larry Miller Online happy OP
Chief Rocker
Larry Miller  Online Happy OP
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
****

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 15,748
Greenwich Village
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what is posted on this thread if things are that bad a merge with a neighboring club is a viable solution. Unfortunately many may go to SUSA or another academy which would probably be the best move.


Best move if you can afford SUSA's prices. And they go up every year more than the living wage!



SUSA is not worth the money


But LIPS is worth the money? Seems to me Mr. Sachem, that you folks are a wee bit nervous about SUSA, their new facility, and the magnet they have for your current, but soon to be leaving players. Now you have my overview of the situation.

To go even further, it is no secret how members of your current board that are hold-overs from the last president and select board members have totally [****] up a once great club. Now all Sachem has to do to ease the pain is simply to accept the diagnosis for which there is no cure, and continue your journey into the dark of night.. I'm Larry Miller and I approve this message.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718170
02/08/19 02:37 PM
02/08/19 02:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Personally, at least on the Smithtown side, I think LIPS is worth the money. The club consistently produces high level teams. Maybe not as high as ACADEMY, for profit outfits like SUSA, Barca and all (which is not what Smithtown is trying or pretends to be), but for a town club it does very well. You pay according to the amount of practices and tourneys the team particiaptes in and each team is different. The training rate is not at all high. The hourly rate is very reasonable. We participate in quite alot and pay nowhere near what others pay (according to amounts claimed on this forum). When i hear of the expense people pay at SUSA, especially for teams that are at the same level of teams the town clubs have, I dont know why one would pay that. If your child is top level, and plays on the highest level SUSA or other for profit top level team, then yes, you pay a lot but probably getting your moneys worth. Dont think you can say that for the lower level teams at the for profit clubs.

And to each his own. People participate in SUSA, Barca, Valencia, town teams, etc. If everyone is happy where they are, then why the need to bash everyone. Dont need to bash another club because your child doesn't play there. If its because they didn't take your child, then have your child get better and beat them on the field and make them realize their mistake. Just keep playing and improving and everything will end up where it will. If you are hoping on college acceptance and scholarship based on where one plays instead of keep improving regardless of where one plays, you will probably be in for a disappointment. yes the for profit clubs have college seminars and other help, but you can do all the same on your own through outside organizations. just do a little research to find out what other services offer.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718174
02/08/19 06:03 PM
02/08/19 06:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Personally, at least on the Smithtown side, I think LIPS is worth the money. The club consistently produces high level teams. Maybe not as high as ACADEMY, for profit outfits like SUSA, Barca and all (which is not what Smithtown is trying or pretends to be), but for a town club it does very well. You pay according to the amount of practices and tourneys the team particiaptes in and each team is different. The training rate is not at all high. The hourly rate is very reasonable. We participate in quite alot and pay nowhere near what others pay (according to amounts claimed on this forum). When i hear of the expense people pay at SUSA, especially for teams that are at the same level of teams the town clubs have, I dont know why one would pay that. If your child is top level, and plays on the highest level SUSA or other for profit top level team, then yes, you pay a lot but probably getting your moneys worth. Dont think you can say that for the lower level teams at the for profit clubs.

And to each his own. People participate in SUSA, Barca, Valencia, town teams, etc. If everyone is happy where they are, then why the need to bash everyone. Dont need to bash another club because your child doesn't play there. If its because they didn't take your child, then have your child get better and beat them on the field and make them realize their mistake. Just keep playing and improving and everything will end up where it will. If you are hoping on college acceptance and scholarship based on where one plays instead of keep improving regardless of where one plays, you will probably be in for a disappointment. yes the for profit clubs have college seminars and other help, but you can do all the same on your own through outside organizations. just do a little research to find out what other services offer.


Forget Smithtown, can you say that LIPS has been great for Sachem? Has the program at Sachem grown and got better, or shrunk to half the size? How many Sachem kids and teams have ended up at Smithtown because of the LIPS partnership?

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718183
02/09/19 02:36 PM
02/09/19 02:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Sachem team that left to go to Smithtown was for a reason. Smithtown needed to field a team for ECNL. The current Smithtown team didnt want to commit to ECNL so they asked if the sachem team would. They accepted. Thats the only reason why they went to Smithtown. There is Obviously a good working arrangement between Smithtown and Sachem. The Sachem presidents son actually plays at Smithtown now because his team folded at Sachem.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718184
02/09/19 02:58 PM
02/09/19 02:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



That’s a joke! Name one team of Sachem’s that was EVER ECNL Quality.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718185
02/09/19 03:50 PM
02/09/19 03:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sachem team that left to go to Smithtown was for a reason. Smithtown needed to field a team for ECNL. The current Smithtown team didnt want to commit to ECNL so they asked if the sachem team would. They accepted. Thats the only reason why they went to Smithtown. There is Obviously a good working arrangement between Smithtown and Sachem. The Sachem presidents son actually plays at Smithtown now because his team folded at Sachem.


You mean NPL.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718187
02/09/19 04:56 PM
02/09/19 04:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sachem team that left to go to Smithtown was for a reason. Smithtown needed to field a team for ECNL. The current Smithtown team didnt want to commit to ECNL so they asked if the sachem team would. They accepted. Thats the only reason why they went to Smithtown. There is Obviously a good working arrangement between Smithtown and Sachem. The Sachem presidents son actually plays at Smithtown now because his team folded at Sachem.


How many Smithtown teams and players are now playing at Sachem assuming that this goodwill and partnership works both ways?

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718189
02/09/19 09:59 PM
02/09/19 09:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what is posted on this thread if things are that bad a merge with a neighboring club is a viable solution. Unfortunately many may go to SUSA or another academy which would probably be the best move.


Best move if you can afford SUSA's prices. And they go up every year more than the living wage!



SUSA is not worth the money


But LIPS is worth the money? Seems to me Mr. Sachem, that you folks are a wee bit nervous about SUSA, their new facility, and the magnet they have for your current, but soon to be leaving players. Now you have my overview of the situation.

To go even further, it is no secret how members of your current board that are hold-overs from the last president and select board members have totally [****] up a once great club. Now all Sachem has to do to ease the pain is simply to accept the diagnosis for which there is no cure, and continue your journey into the dark of night.. I'm Larry Miller and I approve this message.


Lol. This is hysterical

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718208
02/11/19 09:51 AM
02/11/19 09:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Yes, Sorry, I meant NPL. Smithtotwn has to field an NPL team otherwise they lose it. Sachem doesnt have NPL so when Smithtown offered it to there players they jumped on it. The 2006 girls team is not a Smithtow team either. They were brought in from the outside again to field the NPL team.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Anonymous] #718210
02/11/19 12:37 PM
02/11/19 12:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, Sorry, I meant NPL. Smithtotwn has to field an NPL team otherwise they lose it. Sachem doesnt have NPL so when Smithtown offered it to there players they jumped on it. The 2006 girls team is not a Smithtow team either. They were brought in from the outside again to field the NPL team.


So why should Sachem lose a team because Smithtown couldn't field one? That was just a line to get you to sell your club out. You could have stayed and played EDP with Sachem in a far stronger league so spare us the BS story.

Reply Quote
Re: Remember The Sachem Fields Lease story from this past Winter? Well...... [Re: Larry Miller] #718222
02/11/19 05:55 PM
02/11/19 05:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, Sorry, I meant NPL. Smithtotwn has to field an NPL team otherwise they lose it. Sachem doesnt have NPL so when Smithtown offered it to there players they jumped on it. The 2006 girls team is not a Smithtow team either. They were brought in from the outside again to field the NPL team.


So why should Sachem lose a team because Smithtown couldn't field one? That was just a line to get you to sell your club out. You could have stayed and played EDP with Sachem in a far stronger league so spare us the BS story.



Sachem never gave two craps about that team ANYWAY! That team won EDP and other things and Sachem didn't care, they constantly treated them like crap! The ONLY reason Sachem cared about that team was the registration dollars the team brought!

Reply Quote
Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Tournaments
SC 5v5 Tournaments
LIPFC Presidents
EDP Presidents
KK Presidents
Ophir Girls Castle Cup
Ophir Boys Castle Cup
SUSA President @ Lind
SUSA President @ Haup
EDP Indoors
Globall Presidents
EISC Indoor Classic
Manhattan Kickoff 3/1
SUSA Kickoff @ Haup 3/2
SUSA Kickoff @ Lind 3/9 NYCFC NJ Coliseum Cup 3/9
McLean Premier Cup 3/9
EDP Sp. Classic 3/16
Balt. Mania Boys 3/23
Balt. Mania Girls 3/30
DE Rush Classic 3/30
SC 5v5 Tournaments

EDP Easter Showcase 4/19/20
EDP N.L. Showcase 4/27/28
Empire Cup Classic 5/11
Empire Cup Showcase 5/18
Columbia Invit. 5/24
Blue-Gray Cup 5/25
Commack Memorial 5/25

Lancaster Classic 6/8
Mason Dixon Cup 6/15

Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Camps & Clinics
MSC NYC College ID

LIPFC Summer Camps
East Islip SC Pre-Academy
East Islip SC Spring Camp
Sponsors

Newest Members
Milan Club, stanko, Donna Skidmore, Jane Dough, HASC United
14742 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Larry Miller, Dave Birnbaum), 134 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!



Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019


.