Spring '19 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | Challenge Cup | State Cup |
| GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSA | National League | NPL | NE NPL | NY Cup | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup | WYSL Premier |

Nobody Does It Better
Latest Posts
G2005 GU14 Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Anonymous. 02/20/19 07:07 PM
Latest Tryout Posts
Mt. Sinai Soccer Girls Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:21 PM
Mt. Sinai Soccer Boys Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:21 PM
Mt. Sinai Soccer Boys Teams Looking for Players
by Kevin Rooney. 02/19/19 01:20 PM
Soccer Talk Radio
EDP 2018-2019
Scores & Standings
Futures Scores & Standings
EDP Spr. '19 Brackets
Fall Schedules
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '18 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Spring '19 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '18
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Espańol
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718137
02/07/19 01:38 PM
02/07/19 01:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]And you are entitled to your opinion. No doubt, the strength of GDA are in every other region other than the Northeast. That being said, DA is not going anywhere nor will States withdraw as the above poster stated as fact. Do I believe that US Soccer will allow high school soccer back next year on the girls side, YES! I also would like to see them reconsider the substitution rules change to be the same as college soccer. US Soccer has had a rough time because there plan to over take ECNL has failed. What I agree with and works in other Regions is the training to games ration of 4-1. For a serious soccer player/athlete that is what will make players get better to be training in a competitive atmosphere with like minded players 4 times a week. Playing 2 games each weekend with 3 days training is over use. Why people like the above want GDA to fail is beyond my thinking. There should be choices for every player to make and and at what level or league suits them most. [/quote

Ok, so they allow HS soccer, most girls, if allowed will play HS ball. big HS game on Saturday, but uh oh, my club team is traveling to Virginia that day, hmm what to do? I wonder???What does the GDA team do when half their team chooses a HS game over the travel game?

As another poster said it’s only for the NE. Ok, so they don’t play a fall season? How will they match up to the rest of the league?

If you say it is ok to play HS, the girls will do it! Sure you’ll have a few who won’t , but the majority will. How will they have 4 training sessions a week with girls who are playing 6 days a week with their HS team? It makes absolutely no sense

Because they are not going to train 4 days a week during the HS season. They will only train on Monday's until HS is over. Why don't we wait for the announcement until we all start floating our uninformed opinions and baseless, alleged facts?

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718139
02/07/19 02:00 PM
02/07/19 02:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If US Soccer allows high school soccer then they wil have to adjust the fall schedule. Once the high school season ends then those players will join those DA players that have been training 4 days per week and then the DA league matches begin. Parents are caught up in games while those players who choose not to play high school will be happy training 4 times a week. That is the concept that some parents have a problem with of not having 2 or more matches every weekend. It’s a schedule that would work for everyone. ECNL modifies there schedule for those parts of the country that have high school soccer in the Spring. Not a big deal.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718140
02/07/19 02:23 PM
02/07/19 02:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]And you are entitled to your opinion. No doubt, the strength of GDA are in every other region other than the Northeast. That being said, DA is not going anywhere nor will States withdraw as the above poster stated as fact. Do I believe that US Soccer will allow high school soccer back next year on the girls side, YES! I also would like to see them reconsider the substitution rules change to be the same as college soccer. US Soccer has had a rough time because there plan to over take ECNL has failed. What I agree with and works in other Regions is the training to games ration of 4-1. For a serious soccer player/athlete that is what will make players get better to be training in a competitive atmosphere with like minded players 4 times a week. Playing 2 games each weekend with 3 days training is over use. Why people like the above want GDA to fail is beyond my thinking. There should be choices for every player to make and and at what level or league suits them most. [/quote

Ok, so they allow HS soccer, most girls, if allowed will play HS ball. big HS game on Saturday, but uh oh, my club team is traveling to Virginia that day, hmm what to do? I wonder???What does the GDA team do when half their team chooses a HS game over the travel game?

As another poster said it’s only for the NE. Ok, so they don’t play a fall season? How will they match up to the rest of the league?

If you say it is ok to play HS, the girls will do it! Sure you’ll have a few who won’t , but the majority will. How will they have 4 training sessions a week with girls who are playing 6 days a week with their HS team? It makes absolutely no sense

Because they are not going to train 4 days a week during the HS season. They will only train on Monday's until HS is over. Why don't we wait for the announcement until we all start floating our uninformed opinions and baseless, alleged facts?

Just curious how they will get all their games in by the showcase in December??? Will that mean they will have to train 4 days a week during November and have 2 games each weekend to get them all in? That's worse than the ECNL model.
Your idea just doesn't float. Nice try though

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718143
02/07/19 02:51 PM
02/07/19 02:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you expand your mind then of course it works. For the ECNL Sanford showcase that is not based on this pst Fall ECNL results. If that was the case then how did a new ECNL Club like SUSA that had not fall schedule play? Of course it can work, only narrow focused negative people who do not want to see another league compete with ECNL say it won’t Float. There is room for both leagues for those players interested and focused on the 4-1 ratio and have no interest in playing high school soccer in the Fall and now have the possibility of playing HS then joining those GDA players after high school as well as those ECNL players who rather stay with ECNL and the 3-2 ratio. Why does it have to be just one? Parents need to expand there gaze and let there daughters decide what works best for them.

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718147
02/07/19 04:40 PM
02/07/19 04:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you expand your mind then of course it works. For the ECNL Sanford showcase that is not based on this pst Fall ECNL results. If that was the case then how did a new ECNL Club like SUSA that had not fall schedule play? Of course it can work, only narrow focused negative people who do not want to see another league compete with ECNL say it won’t Float. There is room for both leagues for those players interested and focused on the 4-1 ratio and have no interest in playing high school soccer in the Fall and now have the possibility of playing HS then joining those GDA players after high school as well as those ECNL players who rather stay with ECNL and the 3-2 ratio. Why does it have to be just one? Parents need to expand there gaze and let there daughters decide what works best for them.

SO what you're telling me is that US Soccer will admit that they were Wrong, and that ECNL was right about HS? You also want me to believe that players will play HS then leave their current clubs to go play for a club that plays by the ECNL rules (since they are going to change the substitution rules)? Wait, is this what ECNL2 is gonna be?

Reply Quote
Re: ECNL & ECNL2 Conversation [Re: Anonymous] #718149
02/07/19 05:47 PM
02/07/19 05:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SO what you're telling me is that US Soccer will admit that they were Wrong, and that ECNL was right about HS? You also want me to believe that players will play HS then leave their current clubs to go play for a club that plays by the ECNL rules (since they are going to change the substitution rules)? Wait, is this what ECNL2 is gonna be?

I am not saying that at all. Like everything else US Soccer “is a work in progress”. There is no right or wrong answer to any of these leagues or organizations. You just change to make it better. All I said is that both entities can work. If GDA allows high school then those players who want a 4-1 ratio can join there clubs after the high school season. Assuming the DA season starts after HS like ECNL then players can choose if they prefer the 4-1 ratio or the 3-2 ratio. It all depends on what the player decides. That is a good thing. Some ECNL parents do not want that.

Reply Quote
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Tournaments
SC 5v5 Tournaments
LIPFC Presidents
EDP Presidents
KK Presidents
Ophir Girls Castle Cup
Ophir Boys Castle Cup
SUSA President @ Lind
SUSA President @ Haup
EDP Indoors
Globall Presidents
EISC Indoor Classic
Manhattan Kickoff 3/1
SUSA Kickoff @ Haup 3/2
SUSA Kickoff @ Lind 3/9 NYCFC NJ Coliseum Cup 3/9
McLean Premier Cup 3/9
EDP Sp. Classic 3/16
Balt. Mania Boys 3/23
Balt. Mania Girls 3/30
DE Rush Classic 3/30
SC 5v5 Tournaments

EDP Easter Showcase 4/19/20
EDP N.L. Showcase 4/27/28
Empire Cup Classic 5/11
Empire Cup Showcase 5/18
Columbia Invit. 5/24
Blue-Gray Cup 5/25
Commack Memorial 5/25

Lancaster Classic 6/8
Mason Dixon Cup 6/15

Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Camps & Clinics
MSC NYC College ID

LIPFC Summer Camps
East Islip SC Pre-Academy
East Islip SC Spring Camp
Sponsors

Newest Members
Milan Club, stanko, Donna Skidmore, Jane Dough, HASC United
14742 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Larry Miller, Dave Birnbaum), 124 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019