ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
Tweets & Twits
Newest Members
zabrouski, pw2000, PSoccer, Suffolk dad, DTS NY
14679 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN en Espaol
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTN Main Message Board
08/21/18 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by Badjohn152
The Answer is simple....If you are playing to finish high place in a tournament...than seeding matters....If you are playing to win....The seeding does not matter.

This is the mentality for highest level of competitors.

I think you are missing the original point: if your team has not been credited properly with deserved points, you run the risk of being placed in a flight that is below the right level.

So seeding, and thus points, matter in this case if you want to play an appropriately HIGH level of opponents.
16 612 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/21/18 02:09 AM
Alby has a few 2008 girls that play with the 2007 team can you imagine if they played on age how much more dominant we would be. EM is definitely second to us followed by NHP then lake grove thunder. After that Susa and Northport. We have played Susa multiple times it’s head down and dribble. There are some talented girls on there team but they are not taught to play as a team.
34 1,723 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/21/18 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the benefit of girls U16/17 now going to 7 subs from 5? Makes it harder for coaches and less playing time for players.

Because it's not just about your kid.

Get back to doing the dishes before your wife finishes her bon bons, and let the big boys talk....
71 4,234 Read More
Camps & Clinics
08/20/18 10:54 PM
0 10 Read More
Camps & Clinics
08/20/18 10:51 PM
0 7 Read More
Tournaments
08/20/18 10:44 PM
0 13 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/20/18 10:29 PM
Naaa she couldn’t .
Stick to lax.
77 3,517 Read More
New York Professional Soccer
08/20/18 06:47 PM
Brazil Soccer Crook, 85, To Get 10 Years In U.S. Jail?

Money laundering, wire fraud, conspiracy -- gee, and I was thinking it was the Manafort jury deliberations.

www.insideworldfootball.com/2018/08...ing-federal-prosecutors-demand-10-years/
0 5 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 06:21 PM
The GU16 MCCS Wildcats will be having open tryouts for the fall 2018/spring 2019 season on Thursday 8/23 and Friday 8/24 6:45 PM @ Eugene Auer Elementary School. for 2003,2004 girls looking to join a club that is focused on developing soccer skills helping players become their best while giving players the bonding experience of being a part of a team.

We are a Division-1 GU16 Travel team. Our goal is to be better than yesterday. Never quit and always give everything you have!
We participate in the following.
*Fall and Spring LIJ league play
*Winter Indoor League
*Year round training with top quality professional trainers
*Multiple Tournaments

Contact Coach Pat for more information @ 631-352-8974 or email CoachPat413@Gmail.com
0 18 Read More
08/20/18 06:08 PM
Saudi Arabia Bans beinSport

Here we go again -- the politics in soccer.

www.insideworldfootball.com/2018/08...rt-waving-though-beoutq-continue-piracy/
0 10 Read More
College
08/20/18 05:51 PM
How do you know that a coach/ school isi interested in your child when they are an incoming high school student ?

For example, Is attending a soccer camp where your kid's group trainer at the camp is an assistant college coach and the trainer tells your kid that if they are ever playing in a tournament within driving distance (a few hours away) they would love to come see the kid play a potential overture?

Is receiving a specific invite to a clinic held by a college and good feedback afterward an indication of interest?

Please advise regarding the above as well as provide other examples.

Thank you. We are new to this world and our kid wants to play college soccer.
6 3,908 Read More
08/20/18 04:49 PM
Red Bulls Earn A Draw On The Road

The New York Red Bulls on the strength of Daniel Royer's two goals played the Vancouver Whitecaps to a 2-2 draw on Saturday evening at BC Place in Vancouver, Canada.  

New York now sits in 2nd place in MLS's Eastern Conference (48pts) behind Atlanta United (51pts). NYC FC (47pts) is in 3rd place.

Red Bull defender Michael Amir Murillo left the field in the 84th minute after accumulating his second yellow card in the game. The second card was a very questionable yellow and New York looks to hopefully having the card reversed this week by MLS HQ prior to the teams next game on Wednesday of this week against NYC FC..

Scoring Summary: 
NY - Daniel Royer 9 (Wright-Phillips, Adams) 5'
VAN - Kendall Waston 2 (Reyna) 42'
VAN - Kendall Waston 3 (Felipe) 60'
NY - Daniel Royer 10 (Adams) 90'

Misconduct Summary:
VAN - Brek Shea (caution, unsporting behavior) 51'
NY - Kaku (caution, unsporting behavior) 61'
NY - Michael Amir Murillo (caution, unsporting behavior) 69'
VAN - Yordy Rena (caution, unsporting behavior) 71'
NY - Andreas Ivan (caution, unsporting behavior) 79'
NY - Michael Amir Murillo (ejection, second yellow) 84'

New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles ©; Michael Amir Murillo, Tim Parker, Aaron Long, Michael Amir Murillo, Sean Davis (Brian White, 82'), Alex Muyl (Derrick Etienne, Jr., 63'), Tyler Adams, Daniel Royer, Kaku (Andreas Ivan, 75'), Bradley Wright-Phillips

TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 18; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 2

Vancouver Whitecaps FC: Stefan Marinovic; Aaron Maund, Brett Levis (Nicolas Mezquida, 66'), Jakob Nerwinski, Kendall Waston, Alphonso Davies, Brek Shea, Efrain Juarez (Russell Teibert, HT), Felipe, Erik Hurtado (Kei Kamara, 76'), Yordy Reyna

TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 16; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 4

Referee: Joseph Dickerson
Assistant Referees: Jeremy Hanson, Nick Uranga
4th Official: Sorin Stoica
VAR: David Barrie

Attendance: 22,120

Daniel Royer's late-game equalizer helps the New York Red Bulls (15-6-3, 48 pts) steal a point at the Vancouver Whitecaps FC (9-9-7, 34 pts), 2-2, on Saturday night at BC Place. The Red Bulls are 7-2-1 in their last 10 matches.

Bradley Wright-Phillips generated New York's first scoring chance as he swung in his pass, from the right side of the 18-yard box, in front of the face of Vancouver goalkeeper Stefan Marinovic forRoyer. Royer struck the pass for his ninth goal of the season and gave the Red Bulls an early 1-0 in the fifth minute.

With time winding down in the first half, Yordy Reyna connected with Kendall Waston, on a corner kick, for the equalizer in the 42nd minute.

Waston earned his brace on another corner kick to give the Whitecaps the 2-1 lead in the 60th minute.

Off the reset in the 90th minute, Tyler Adams sent a long pass to the far post for Royer, who finished underneath the crossbar and completed his brace for the equalizer.

Royer has tallied at least a goal in four of the last six games to raise his season total to 10.
The Austrian winger completed his fourth career MLS brace and has recorded 10-plus goals in back-to-back seasons.

Adams tallied his second career two-assist match, previously recording two assists in a match against the Whitecaps on Oct. 7, 2017.

Brian White, New York's first-round pick (16th overall) in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft out of Duke University, made his first career first team appearance as he entered the match in the 82nd minute.

The Red Bulls continued their success against Western Conference opponents, improving to 8-1-1.

The Red Bulls are now 41-43-21 all-time in the month of August. New York has scored 175 goals while allowing 165 during the eighth month of the year.

New York wraps up their three-match road trip at New York City FC on Wednesday, August 22. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET with coverage on FS1, FOX Sports GO and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish on TuneIn.

HEAD COACH CHRIS ARMAS

On the match:
“It’s a strange one because we thought in many ways we controlled the game in the first half, especially coming right before halftime giving up the set piece goal, It’s disappointing for sure. But we’re still ok. They’re dangerous on set pieces, they’ve always been with Waston. We give them a lot of credit. We knew coming in that’d be a difficult challenge, even if Kei was in there. But look, it’s always a challenge, set pieces with Vancouver.”

On playing five games in two weeks:
“We’re always thinking about the big picture and trying to size up what’s ahead while having an eye on one game at a time. To come to Vancouver and start our tough stretch with a hard-fought point, down a man, the way we did it I thought was a great way to kick things off here.”

On what Tim Parker had meant to the team:
“Tim has clearly made us hard to score on, arguably one of the best defences in the league. The partnership with him and Aaron [Long], they understand each other, they work well together. And Tim is just a real guy, and a tremendous soccer player. Especially for the way we play, his ability to run and read situations, and good in the air. And then it comes back to his courage, and he’s always up for it. He had another great game today, so we’re thrilled with Tim. He’s had a tremendous year and he’s helped us in a big way.”

CENTRE BACK TIM PARKER

On the match going back and forth:
“On the road it’s hard to get momentum. We got a good goal early we were able to take advantage I think of most of the first half. They got a goal on a set piece, that’s kid of how things go sometimes and you’ve got to ride out the momentum train.”
On his first return to BC Place:
“Walking into the stadium was a little weird for me. It was good to be back.”

On importance of the result:
“To get a point in the last few minutes like we did is very important for how our season is going to play out. We’re in the Supporters’ Shield race, and getting a point here instead of walking out without anything is big.”

On the Red Bulls-NYCFC rivalry ahead of Wednesday’s derby match:
“It’s intense and you can feel it. The fans completely buy into it so it’s something we take seriously as a club.”

On his future:
“I’m really happy in New York. If Europe ever came knocking, I think it’s every player’s dream. For me at the moment, I’m just really happy to be in New York.”

On the reception he received from the BC Place crowd:
“It was definitely really nice to hear.”

On former backline partner Kendall Waston’s goals:
“Kendall’s always been great in the air. We had the idea that they’re going to be able to hurt us in set pieces and we weren’t able to take care of that tonight.”

MIDFIELDER DANIEL ROYER

On the team’s mentality:
“I think it was really important to bounce back and at least get a point out of this game, I think we’ve been the better team today, I think we controlled most parts of the game but haven’t been the best at set pieces on the day. I think more was possible but it was still great to bounce back late in the game”

On his form:
“I think it’s just about little things and details. I think I’m doing the same things as at the beginning of the season, I’m always trying to work hard and I know the opportunities will come and we’ll always create chances. I think I’m more calm when I get the final chances to score. But there are not big changes to the beginning of the season.”

On Alphonso Davies:
“Great talent, unbelievable player. It’s great for the league to see him make the move to Bayern Munich. I’ve played with David Alaba for a couple of games and see similarities between Davies and Alaba. He’s a talented player and I just hope he makes a great career.”

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC

HEAD COACH CARL ROBINSON

On the match:
“We’re disappointed we conceded in the last minute off a set piece, which I think was a dubious call for the free kick anyway. But we need to be better defending the back post. We knew what they’d do, we needed to move our line across a little bit and we switched off at the back post. So disappointed, for them, because the second 45 [minutes] I think we put on a really good performance. First half I thought we were awful. We were off it, we looked leggy, we looked lethargic, and we were probably lucky to be 1-1 at the break. So a tale of two halves probably.”

On why the team has conceded so many goals during the season:
“If I knew, obviously I’d try to rectify it. We’re working day-to-day on trying to get that right. I think we defended very well against a very good team by the way. I think when you look on it and reflect on it, it’s a very good point for us. We’re disappointed we conceded in the last minute, but after the first half performance if you’d have said we would have drawn the game I probably would have took a point, because I thought they were the much better team in the first half. But I think it’s just individual errors we’re making. It’s not just one person, it’s across the board. When you make an error you always want to maybe stay in your position rather than be positive, and play on the front foot, which is what I said to them at halftime. Sometimes it just comes down to a lack of confidence in decision making, I think that’s what’s happened too much this year.”

On Kendall Waston’s performance:
“He was great, and he’s upset in there because the [tying] goal [for the Red Bulls] had come from him winning a header. Because he’s so big and strong and physical, he’s got to go and head the ball, so he asked the referee why. But obviously his two goals are great for him and great for us, because we got a valuable point. But you can’t take that out of the game, him challenging for the ball, because it’s not his fault how big he is – it’s probably his parents.”

On being nervous when they went down to ten men:
“No, I wasn’t nervous. Actually watching after 20 minutes of the first half, I wish we were playing with ten men, because we needed a kick up the backside, because we were a little bit lethargic, I think is the right word. We were just off it, we were second to every drop down, we weren’t winning headers, and we were slow in our play. But sometimes that’s mental fatigue. If you think about the last three or four weeks we’ve had, it’s been very, very tough for them. So I didn’t want to say too much to them after the game, because they’re sick of hearing my voice at the moment for the last four weeks, because we’ve been on the road, and we’ve got some good points. So I’ll take it as a positive point against a very good team. Chris has done a great job since he’s come in, that’s why they’re challenging for the [Supporters’] Shield.”

CENTRE BACK KENDALL WASTON

On his two goals:
“I would rather win than score one or two goals to be honest. Today was much that, it was a little bit difficult with the way we didn’t perform as how we would want to. But one point still helps us to continue to fight to get in the playoffs and now we’ve got to prepare everything for the next match.”

On conceding late goals:
“Sometimes it’s concentration. It’s part of the game. We don’t want those things to happen but they happen.”

On playing Tim Parker:
“It’s not [about] Tim. I like to play every game, everybody or against anyone for me is nice. But with Tim, inside the game, inside the pitch to be honest I didn’t care about him but outside again we are friends. He wasn’t marking me man-to-man so it was a little bit different.”

On getting one point rather than three:
“We were there until the end and they score. It’s hard, it’s difficult to handle it but we need to keep going to the end. We’ve got to maintain it (momentum) with a strong mindset. Until the end we’ve got to continue fighting because nothing is impossible and now these last nine games are all finals because now we’ve got to try and get in the playoffs.”

RIGHT BACK JAKE NERWINSKI

On today’s result:
“It’s really disappointing. We didn’t really play well in the first half and maybe deserved to be down a few more. But we came back and tied them, and in the second half, I think we outplayed them, and we played really well. I thought we deserved to win. It’s just really upsetting. Two mistakes can cost you three points.”

On the challenges on the defensive end:
“If we had the answer, I don’t think we’d be struggling that much. I think it’s just staying locked in. We just need to be locked in on defensive set plays. We’ve gone 50 per cent when we should be going over 100 per cent.”

On the Red Bulls’ first goal:
“I take blame for that goal. As a defender, I need to clear that. I need to take charge even if I think that Stef could get it. I know it’s hard for him to come out that far, dive and hold on to the ball. I learn from that, and next time, I’ll just hit the ball as hard as I can. It all happened fast. We were just both leaving it for each other, I think, and we didn’t take charge, and that’s what happened.”

On the feeling in the locker room:
“We’re disappointed. It’s one of the best teams in MLS and I thought we played better than them. I thought we deserved three points, so we’re disappointed.”

On playing against Tim Parker:
“He’s a good friend. It’s fun to play against one of your buddies. We go all out when we’re on the field, but when we’re off the field, we’re friends again.”

0 10 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 04:49 PM
The Rosedale Warriors will be a BU16 team playing this Fall in the LIJSL Premier division.

We are seeking athletes who are committed to playing competitive soccer at a high level within a TEAM first atmosphere.

Our club, Rosedale Rockets Soccer Club, has a history of top players moving on to bigger and better things. Be a part of the next group....

If you are interested and was born in 2003 / 2004, please reach out to Chris at ctccampbell@aol.com
0 26 Read More
08/20/18 04:33 PM
Josef Martinez' Torrid Pace

Great scorer, true, but where's the defense?

www.espn.com/soccer/atlanta-united-...ties-mls-record-with-27th-goal-of-season
0 5 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 02:23 PM
The New Hyde Park Pumas - In the 2017 /2018 season we were a NYSCL Division 1 Team last Spring and previously a Division 2 Undefeated First Place Winner in the fall of 2017.

This Fall 2018 we will be a BU11 team and as rosters will expand to 9v9 we will be actively seeking players born in 2008 to join us for open training sessions throughout the Summer and Fall with intentions of joining us for the 2018-2019 season. We are seeking high level athletes who are committed to a TEAM first concept.

The team will be playing in the NYCSL Premier division 2 this upcoming season, training 3 times week and are professionally trained Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.

Open training sessions will take place Wednesdays & Fridays at Tully field in NHP.

If you are interested in attending our open practices please reach out to Chris or John so that we can coordinate practice session or for more general information, please contact Chris Bernic at Cbernic@aol.com or John Profeta at JPro4@aol.com
0 25 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/20/18 01:44 PM
A teammate of my son (U8), has been approached by a couple of town teams to play for them. He is a real good player and could probably play U9. Does poaching occur at this young age?

Poaching exists at every age but most people do not consider being approached by teams in the summer off season to be poaching. Unless you have already committed to another team for the fall.

My advice is to let your son U8 play with kids his age now, if he is that good at U10/11 maybe move him up let him enjoy soccer now, he will have plenty of time to move around and collect jerseys
11 574 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 12:38 PM
LIPFC Boys 06. We are currently looking for a Goalie, LIPFC is a professional run and well organized club. Our main focus is the development of our players, LIPFC does not change our way to win games, Our philosophy and model of play is what gives us our identity. We focus on what we believe will help our players reach their full potential. We are fully committed to our players. We ask for the same commitment in return.
We are located in the Farmingdale, Amityville and Copiague area.

If interested you contact us at Longislandpremierfc@hotmail.com
0 31 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/20/18 12:38 PM

Not OP but in response, I'd say Newfield doesn't need a 'best player'. They are well coached and play the most structured football of any HS team I have seen so far. Seen them three or four times now and have always been impressed, their style seems to allow them to play well with whoever they have on the roster. Coaches and parents a bit noisy but I'd say they are one of the teams to beat.

i agree they have a good team, but not well coached. The guy is clueless and shouldn’t be allowed to coach kids. He acts like a child on the sidelines screaming and complaining. I believe in kids playing HS soccer, but’s when guys like this are mentoring kids they are better off not playing.[/quote]

Sadly, most of these HS coaches have no idea what they are doing and take their cues from lax and football coaches and figure if they scream and make the kids just run a lot, the results will follow. HS ball is great for every reason except development. I regard it the same way as if my kid were doing robotics.
16 1,218 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 12:33 PM
LIPFC Boys 04 & 05 open spots. We are looking for players for both age groups to complete 2 teams on each age. LIPFC is a professional run and well organized club. Our main focus is the development of our players, LIPFC does not change our way to win games, Our philosophy and model of play is what gives us our identity. We focus on what we believe will help our players reach their full potential. We are fully committed to our players. We ask for the same commitment in return.

0 29 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 12:25 PM
LIPFC Boys 08 and 09 open spots. Both LIPFC Boys08 and 09 are very strong teams. We are looking for players for each team. LIPFC is a professional run and well organized club. Our main focus is the development of our players, LIPFC does not change our way to win games, Our philosophy and model of play is what gives us our identity. We focus on what we believe will help our players reach their full potential. We are fully committed to our players. We ask for the same commitment in return.

0 15 Read More
Tryouts & Practices
08/20/18 12:22 PM
LI Premier FC Boys 2010, 2011 & 2012

LIPFC Boys ’10, ’11 & ’12 open spots. We are looking for players for each team. LIPFC is a professional run and well organized club. Our main focus is the development of our players, LIPFC does not change our way to win games, Our philosophy and model of play is what gives us our identity. We focus on what we believe will help our players reach their full potential. We are fully committed to our players. We ask for the same commitment in return.

0 10 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/19/18 01:07 AM
Cosmos DA program is doing just fine. They were given the U15 age group and have brought in Mendes and one of his players as coaches as well. Exciting times for the program.

Dont know how you say that. I hear sometimes you find out the location of practice on the day of the actual practice. I know you need strength and conditioning too. A bunch of boys came to tryouts when they heard (yet again) that the program might fold, and they just couldnt keep up cardiovascularly. I wish they were the premier club on LI, but they sre not there yet. The fact that its fully funded is the best part.

Not True at all. All practice sessions and schedule were announced prior to the start of preseason.. And the complex being used is top notch.. Garden City Community Center Park.

So you have never practiced in queens? I know others who have and only got a few hours notice that it woould be held there. If things are so rosey, why are people not waiting in line for a chance to play

Nope no Queens practices this year. All training in Garden City or Mitchell field. Don’t know what your talking about ? But no complaints so far.
69 3,289 Read More
BOTN Main Message Board
08/18/18 05:55 PM
Larry maybe you should let the wpsl know about jr's history and io bet they will change their minds

i cant believe you posted this about this horrible person
27 6,079 Read More
08/18/18 04:25 PM
U.S. MNT To Face Italy, England, Mexico and Brazil This Fall

Give credit to US Soccer for taking on a real challenge, and a big chance!

www.ussoccer.com/stories/2018/06/25...england-italy-mexico-fall-kickoff-series
0 17 Read More
Tournaments
08/18/18 12:33 PM
0 43 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tournaments
EDP Fall Kickoff NJ 8/25
U90C Labor Day Open 9/1
Virginia Cup 9/1
Soccer Coliseum 5v5 9/23
Parsippany Pride 10/5