Spring Leagues Scores: | NPL | NYCSL | NYCSL PL | JSS | NY (State) Cup | WYSL | CJSL | LIJSL | EDP | Challenge Cup | Championship Cup |
| R1 Champions League Div1 Div2 | National League | ENYPL | Staten Island | EHYSL | Long Island Cup |

Westchester Soccer Club
Beach Blitz 5v5
Latest Tryout Posts
VOB SC ELITE U13(FALL)
by Mike D'Angelo
05/26/15 10:10 PM
Garden City Gladiators/ Nassau United BU14(Fall 2015) ENY Premier Team
by Paul Bernieri
05/26/15 09:55 PM
GU11 (Fall U12) Syosset City FC, Open Practice & Tryouts
by getgoalsnow
05/26/15 09:00 PM
GU-17 NHP Lady Lynxs Tryouts 6/4 8-9:30p
by Paddyboy
05/26/15 08:51 PM
SC Gjoa STA 99 (BU16 Fall 2015) - Tryouts
by seancl
05/26/15 07:34 PM
BOTN en Español
NYCSL NYPL NPL JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
EDP MAPS MSSL

LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '15 Scores & Standings

Fall '14 Sportsmanship
Spring '15 Schedule
R1 Champions League
Division 1
Division 2

National League
2014-2015 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup
Champions Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
EDP Spring Results
EDP Scores & Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP (Local League)
Brackets
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Girls NPL Listing
Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Manhattan SC | STA | NYSC | NJ Crush | NJ Stallions | NY Rush | Quickstrike FC |
Newest Members
getgoalsnow, RattlesnakeCoach, Tooker, AcademySC, NHP SC Coach
13587 Registered Users
Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Page 10 of 58 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 57 58 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451835 - 11/01/11 09:44 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

unfortunatly this isn't my daughter cause if so i would 1 of two things make her quit or tell her to ignore the coach. As it is most HS coaches are clueless. why have a child pulled up to varsity to have them not perform. That child obviously took soccer serious enough to be good enough to play up so y hold her back now that other girls arent on her level

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#451838 - 11/01/11 10:03 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: ZiggyRowe
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Originally Posted By: ZiggyRowe
So your daughter is a powerful starting freshman who can score with the best of them and your coach tells your daughter not to score because the seniors are getting upset. How do you handle this? Please be civil...

Great question- speaks to the morality of the coach as well as your own "end-game" as a parent.

On first read, my initial reaction is that I have always told my daughter to live to the letter of the coach's direction and, in this instance, I think that precept remains. She is not allowed to willfully disobey the coach. That being said, she is also not allowed to "throw" a game because of peer pressure or the misguided direction of a coach.

If the coach's rational is truly "not upsetting the seniors" (which I interpret to mean don't show them up in front of potential college coaches) then she needs to take a moral stand and withdraw from the team. My daughter is determined to give and play 100% and any coach who demands that she does less, is not someone who is deserving of her fealty or participation in their team.

On the other hand, if what the coach is really saying to your daughter is "you need to see better options; to develop a greater sense of game awareness and pass the ball when your teammates are in a better goal-scoring position, then I would say she needs to listen to her coach and I, myself, would very carefully back away from the situation and allow the coach to develop, in her, what he/she feels she needs and the team needs to develop.

I do have to say, I find it very troubling that any coach would make a statement as you have described, and I find it strange and somewhat self-defeating of them. After all, if they don't want your daughter to "show up" the Seniors, don't play her.

Zig

Zig-thanks for your insight. This is not my daughter but a close friends. It is not about college coaches, it is about a complaining senior who apparently is jealous of this up and coming freshman who was the teams scoring leader and a coach who apparently doesn't have a spine. This freshman player is a team player who is fast and can exploit the defense. I don't understand the coaches rationale.

"Fast and exploits the defense" can easily be seen as "girl who never passes". Some coaches, at least the good ones, would rather the girls play as a team, even if it means a few less goals over the course of the season.

After a little more thought, I want to come at this at a slightly different angle, because IMO some of the benefit of HS ball (don't laugh!) is being missed here.

I don't think the main reason to encourage your child to play HS ball has as much to do with actual soccer as it has about your daughter playing for her school and friends within her community. In the HS game there is a wider range of quality on the field, levels of dedication and commitment as well as reasons for playing in the first place. This presents a unique set of challenges, especially for advanced players, and perhaps for them lessons in leadership and teamwork are important tools that they can explore and eventually take into their club ball environment (and beyond) as they prepare for their larger life. In the example presented above I would humbly suggest that, perhaps, this girl needs to build her 'field creds" with her new team and learn to downplay what sounds like a sense of entitlement. Achieving success in those areas might be some of the most important life lessons a parent could hope their kid could get from their involvment in HS ball.

I am sure most parents look to the underlying benefit that their children get from HS ball and the much broader objective that, for brevity's sake I will simply call "character builders". In my mind, that kind of holistic environment is what I would like my daughter's HS coach to provide with his/her leadership. I hope the coach in this story is one of those coaches and that someday soon he will have an opportunity to help the parents understand the bigger picture he has for her daughter here.

Finally, it would be helpful to both the parent's and their daughter's piece of mind(s) to not have the same "soccer" expectations for the HS team that they may have with their kid's club team.

Zig

Zig - Appreciate your thoughts. This is not a selfish player or a player motivated by personal stats. On the contrary she is very team oriented. But having a coach actually tell a player not to score because it is upsetting a senior is telling the freshman that the senior's ego or feelings are more important than the teams accomplishments. Confusing message.

#452448 - 11/06/11 05:06 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And, WTH is up with Brentwood???

Which team, there are 2 ?

Either one or both of them.

the main problem is the Coche has never played competitive soccer
worth speaking of, and likes to hear his own voice on the sidleines
calling out instructions and ruining his players.

Thru 8 weeeks, no wins .... is playing up for this team, call them Brentwood Freedom, call them formerly known as Bay Shore doing these girls any good ?

#452465 - 11/06/11 06:20 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thru 8 weeeks, no wins .... is playing up for this team, call them Brentwood Freedom, call them formerly known as Bay Shore doing these girls any good ?

THe real question is... does it do the other teams any good? I'm sure they benefit from the better competition but does it help the other teams or would they be better off playing a Northport or Center moriches team instead?

#452467 - 11/06/11 06:22 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

THe real question is... does it do the other teams any good? I'm sure they benefit from the better competition but does it help the other teams or would they be better off playing a Northport or Center moriches team instead?

We are a premier team, what is there for us to accomplish on age ?

#452507 - 11/07/11 08:12 AM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous

then play in D1 of D2 where you will be competitive.

#452643 - 11/07/11 07:34 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

We do, we played up at D1A U14 and held our own all season long.

#452655 - 11/07/11 09:17 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, consistency week after week, no wins

#452848 - 11/09/11 03:29 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, consistency week after week, no wins

Why do you persist in talking about Brentwood Freedom on this forum? They are not a U14 Premier team, they are U13. Please find the right forum!

#452881 - 11/09/11 08:30 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

then play in D1 of D2 where you will be competitive. [/quote]

We do, we played up at D1A U14 and held our own all season long. [/quote]

Yes, consistency week after week, no wins [/quote]

Why do you persist in talking about Brentwood Freedom on this forum? They are not a U14 Premier team, they are U13. Please find the right forum! [/quote]

Do you really think this "But we are premier" parrot is a Brentwood parent?
That's like a Mets fan (and I am one) truly believing they will win the World series next year.
If it is a Brentwood parent they need to be taken out back and thrashed for idiocy...

#453516 - 11/14/11 08:06 AM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
ZiggyRowe Offline

Back of THE NET

NY & NJ did well this weekend at the Bethesda Thanksgiving Tournament. Congratulations to the NY Rush Patriots 98 (NYE) in their win in the final vs the Americans FC Liberty (NJ) (2-0). Also, congratulations to the NJ Crush Dynamite (NJ) to their win in PK's vs MSC Coyotes (MD) (5-4 PK). Both finals were well played and winners & finalists, all, should be happy at winding down their U14 Fall season with these results.

Zig

#454134 - 11/16/11 01:48 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: ZiggyRowe]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crush v Blast for all the Marbles in NJ this weekend... wish I could be there, but we will be out at Penn Legacy for their tournament...

#454140 - 11/16/11 02:17 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 top teams for sure. I definitely give the edge to Crush going off their recent successes at WAGS and Bethesda along with Chicago tournament as well. However, the Blast have been there and done it before, nerves may well play a big part in the game. Shame the game is played on such a poor surface at Wall as both teams are very nice passing teams, maybe that will effect a team. Unlikely as both look to pass on the ground.

Good luck to both.

#454143 - 11/16/11 02:43 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crush v Blast for all the Marbles in NJ this weekend... wish I could be there, but we will be out at Penn Legacy for their tournament...

What tourny? Brentwood didn't do so well in LIJ this season - I think Mass wins easily.

#454149 - 11/16/11 03:40 PM Re: GU14 Premier Fall 2011/ Spring 2012 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

We do, we played up at D1A U14 and held our own all season long. [/quote]

Yes, consistency week after week, no wins [/quote]

Why do you persist in talking about Brentwood Freedom on this forum? They are not a U14 Premier team, they are U13. Please find the right forum! [/quote]

Do you really think this "But we are premier" parrot is a Brentwood parent?
That's like a Mets fan (and I am one) truly believing they will win the World series next year.
If it is a Brentwood parent they need to be taken out back and thrashed for idiocy... [/quote]

Yes I do. Just listen to some of the parents talk. Highly doubt it's an imposter

Page 10 of 58 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 57 58 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
TWIST Invitational
Match Fit Summer Kickoff
Kick It 3v3
Levittown SC Renz Charity
Summer Tournaments
RYSA Wildcats Labor Day
MAPS Spring Schedule
Valencia, Spain Tournament
Kick It 3v3
Match Fit Montclair Utd.
Levittown Renz Charity
Beach Blitz
MAPS Summer Challenge
LIRR Beach Bash
TWIST Invitational
Labor Day Freedom Cup
Central Jersey Invit.
Lehigh Valley Steamroll
Pocono Cup Premier
Summer Camps & Leagues
Berkshire Girls Academy
Hofstra Summer Camps
SUSA Academy
SUSA Summer Training
SUSA Summer League
Girls HS & College league
AC Milan Camps
LI Rough Riders
East Islip SC Camp
Columbus Weekend
Syosset SC Tournament
Northport Cow Harbor
Sponsors

Who's Online
16 registered (GG1 N J18, KK Soccer, Paul Bernieri, LadyGalaxy, Syosset SC CDT, Larry Miller, LetsPlay2, soccer_mom48, LIRef77, Mike D'Angelo, Newfield Hawks, TCarlson, Dix Hills Gold, Paddyboy, Cross It 4 Fun, getgoalsnow), 918 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickin’ Kiddie Program
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | ISA | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2015