USYS Championship Scores & Standings

Have you registered for the East End Tournament yet? Don't miss out on the 20th Anniversary Long Island Soccer Summer Tradition ... Upcoming Summer Tournaments & Events: July 26, MAPS Caps Classic August 9, LIRR Kickoff Classic - West Islip SC Roar at The Shore - East End Tournament August 16, TWIST August 23, EMSC Summer August 30, Oceanside SC Labor Day - West Babylon SC ASA Labor Day......

Subscribe to BOTN
BOTN Electronic Alerts
Nobody Does It Better
NYCSL_NYPL_NPL_JSS

NYCSL & JSS Schedules, Scores & Standings
| NYCSL | NYPL | NPL |
NY (State) Cup | JSS |
New York Stars
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '14 Scores & Standings
Long Island Cup
Spring '14 Sportsmanship Standings
Fall '14 Schedule
Spring '15 Schedule
Region 1 League Scores
Premier League
NERP
Colonial League
2013-2014 ENY (State) Cup
Challenge Cup U10-U12
Challenge Cup U13-U19
Open Cup
New Jersey Leagues
Northern Counties | CJYSA | JAGS | Morris County | Metro | Jersey Coast | Monmouth Ocean | Mid-Jersey | South Jersey | South Jersey Girls |
ECNL
ECNL Standings
EDP Spring 2014
Brackets, Schedules & Scores
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
USSF Academies
USSF Academy Schedules
US Soccer
Coaching Drills
Girls NPL Listing
Aztec Soccer | Brentwood | ISA | Massapequa | Massachusetts Premier | STA | NEFC | NJ Crush | NJSA04 | NY Rush | NR Sting | Oakwood | Parsippany SC | Seacoast Utd. | Yankee Utd. |
Latest Tryout Posts
GU 15 player looking for a team.
by sfernandez645
Today at 06:45 PM
GOALKEEPER WANTED - Girls U-14 East Islip United ACADEMY
by js4kix
Today at 04:12 PM
GU17 East Islip Wildats Open Practices
by wildcats97
Yesterday at 10:18 AM
Newest Members
Ces1ne, barca123, GK GU14, NJ Youth Soccer, Drewsuf Rathbun
13241 Registered Users
Google Translate
BOTN Photo Gallery
Me and Julio Down By The School Yard
Page 160 of 206 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 205 206 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474988 - 05/12/12 09:30 PM Re: Moving on [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's the deal with BP? They are so inconsistent.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
HBC Chelsea is working with smoke and mirrors. They have caught two of the better teams in this age group by surprise. Kudos to the Them for that. They have a very solid defense. The issue is they can't score as they have no ability to posses the ball. All their defense does is blast the ball over the top. It works at this age. No skill but at this age you can win some game due to inconsistency of others defending that style playing on a small field with 8 field players. Coaches have to see it. They will lose at leat two more games and finish in the middle of S1. The game in hand they will lose to the Allstars. They should finish near top 5 and probably be D1 next year but will not be able to stay there without much improvement. Their style will not work on a bigger pitch.

HBC Chelsea is looking good. Second place despite playing one less game. What about Alberston, thought they would have done better today. What about the rest of the scores?

Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

#474991 - 05/12/12 09:35 PM Re: Moving on [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

HBC Chelsea is working with smoke and mirrors. They have caught two of the better teams in this age group by surprise. Kudos to the Them for that. They have a very solid defense. The issue is they can't score as they have no ability to posses the ball. All their defense does is blast the ball over the top. It works at this age. No skill but at this age you can win some game due to inconsistency of others defending that style playing on a small field with 8 field players. Coaches have to see it. They will lose at leat two more games and finish in the middle of S1. The game in hand they will lose to the Allstars. They should finish near top 5 and probably be D1 next year but will not be able to stay there without much improvement. Their style will not work on a bigger pitch.

HBC Chelsea is looking good. Second place despite playing one less game. What about Alberston, thought they would have done better today. What about the rest of the scores?

This is so true. The WBE loss is more reflective of their talent level than their wins over Crush and Bayport. And their win over EI, tie of Crush and 1 goal losses to the other top teams and league leading goals last season. Surprise is the right way to put it. Other teams just need to try harder like WBE to destroy them.

#474993 - 05/12/12 09:58 PM Re: Moving on [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pretty simple actually... They are 10 and 11 years old!!! All in due time. They are a good team but as with all of these teams are subject to the inconsistencies of the age. They can be beaten on any given day as can any of these teams.

quote=Anonymous]What's the deal with BP? They are so inconsistent.

[/quote]

#474995 - 05/12/12 10:16 PM Re: Moving on [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pretty simple actually... They are 10 and 11 years old!!! All in due time. They are a good team but as with all of these teams are subject to the inconsistencies of the age. They can be beaten on any given day as can any of these teams.

quote=Anonymous]What's the deal with BP? They are so inconsistent.

[/quote]

Albertson have been beat soundly two weeks in a row by the two best teams in the division. It seems every season there is talk about a new team ending up at the top of N1. However, one way or another Farmingdale and NHP always end up on top.

#474997 - 05/12/12 10:21 PM Any score? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hicksville vs Floral Park?

#475006 - 05/12/12 10:51 PM Re: Any score? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hicksville vs Floral Park?

FP 4-1

#475028 - 05/13/12 07:42 AM Re: Any score? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

How was the cup game between crush and al stars?

#475038 - 05/13/12 08:46 AM Re: Moving on [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

the difference with E.I. is they have the ability to put the ball in the net they lead the devision in goals

#475044 - 05/13/12 09:22 AM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hauppauge is a good team..Hauppauge, Northport, and Commack, are the quality in this division..the others are weak and compete by althleticism and spirit..Hauppauge is a D2 team, certainly not equivalent to any top 5 D1 team in Suffolk .. these 3 "homegrown" teams can compete in D1 with the addition of 3-5 talented boys easily..The defenses I've seen in D2 are poor, but mostly goaltending and the distribution of the ball out of the back..to often I watch a game turn into "air ball" and the teams who win these 50/50 balls end up winning.

#475045 - 05/13/12 09:39 AM Re: Any score? [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

How was the cup game between crush and al stars?
It was a butt whipping and total domination

#475066 - 05/13/12 11:01 AM Re: 1 Man's Opinions [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Commack and Northport-- fantastic coaches and fathers..the boys always come first

Hauppauge-can't say..except he can sometimes become" to passionate"
for a win

Agreed with north port but not so much with the other two. In D1 I think that Brentwood and Bayport are a place you would be very happy to have your child play. Both coaches and staffs are passionate but very positive. True quality. And we are a D2 team other than Northport.

What are the benefits besides what you mentioned in the post? how often do they train, who are the trainers, what is the plan for these teams? etc.. You are from which other D2 team?

#475082 - 05/13/12 01:17 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Hauppauge is a good team..Hauppauge, Northport, and Commack, are the quality in this division..the others are weak and compete by althleticism and spirit..Hauppauge is a D2 team, certainly not equivalent to any top 5 D1 team in Suffolk .. these 3 "homegrown" teams can compete in D1 with the addition of 3-5 talented boys easily..The defenses I've seen in D2 are poor, but mostly goaltending and the distribution of the ball out of the back..to often I watch a game turn into "air ball" and the teams who win these 50/50 balls end up winning."

Hauppauges coach is a little loud, but seems very supportive of his team. As are Commack and Northport. Watching Hauppauge play and seeing Deerpark, Dix Hills and WBE I would say Hauppauge is right there. Looking at there record in the fall in D1, they weren't out of it at any game. Definitely not a top 5 team, but one that seemed to be almost a mid to low pack team. A tie would have kept them in D1 vs Dix Hills. Probably would have done better than Smithtown and Deer Park are doing now. But that is speculation! They are probably a couple kids off of a lower division 1 team. Someone mentioned to shut down #25, that didn't work. They have enough talent to work around it.

Commack seems like a nice team, but parents seem a little out of control. Watched a game where a couple parents confronted the opposing teams coach. Not screaming, but pointing fingers and elevated voice. Didn't see anything in the game that would have caused this. Some other parents on other teams mentioned this too. Not sure what happened, but they seem to be going backwards in performance.

Northports coach seems a little more passionate than Hauppauges! Especially when losing. Seem like a nice group.

I know there isn't any love lost on this board for EI and Allstars, but they seem to be ok everytime I have seen them. There are a couple nasty kids and parents on All Stars though. Punching and kicking a player after play (kid got ejected - didn't see a red card though...). The coach sat him down and seemed to give him a talking to. Didn't see any hysterics.

For my kid it would be BP, Brentwood, or Hauppauge. While there are other teams that seem to be very good, I don't really need the drama of the others. The teams I mentioned seem to want to really develope the kids in a reasonable manner (but I haven't really watched everyones practices - have watched quite a few though). Of course my son would need to be able to make the teams. So I guess we will stay where we are at, watch the kids develope, and enjoy weekend games without screaming parents.

Hats off to all the teams. Watching the D1 teams is nice. To see nice soccer developing at this age. They are definitely a step above others.

#475085 - 05/13/12 01:37 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Three weeks left and many top spots could change in S1,S2, N1 and N2.

#475097 - 05/13/12 02:52 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Hauppauge is a good team..Hauppauge, Northport, and Commack, are the quality in this division..the others are weak and compete by althleticism and spirit..Hauppauge is a D2 team, certainly not equivalent to any top 5 D1 team in Suffolk .. these 3 "homegrown" teams can compete in D1 with the addition of 3-5 talented boys easily..The defenses I've seen in D2 are poor, but mostly goaltending and the distribution of the ball out of the back..to often I watch a game turn into "air ball" and the teams who win these 50/50 balls end up winning."

Hauppauges coach is a little loud, but seems very supportive of his team. As are Commack and Northport. Watching Hauppauge play and seeing Deerpark, Dix Hills and WBE I would say Hauppauge is right there. Looking at there record in the fall in D1, they weren't out of it at any game. Definitely not a top 5 team, but one that seemed to be almost a mid to low pack team. A tie would have kept them in D1 vs Dix Hills. Probably would have done better than Smithtown and Deer Park are doing now. But that is speculation! They are probably a couple kids off of a lower division 1 team. Someone mentioned to shut down #25, that didn't work. They have enough talent to work around it.

Commack seems like a nice team, but parents seem a little out of control. Watched a game where a couple parents confronted the opposing teams coach. Not screaming, but pointing fingers and elevated voice. Didn't see anything in the game that would have caused this. Some other parents on other teams mentioned this too. Not sure what happened, but they seem to be going backwards in performance.

Northports coach seems a little more passionate than Hauppauges! Especially when losing. Seem like a nice group.

I know there isn't any love lost on this board for EI and Allstars, but they seem to be ok everytime I have seen them. There are a couple nasty kids and parents on All Stars though. Punching and kicking a player after play (kid got ejected - didn't see a red card though...). The coach sat him down and seemed to give him a talking to. Didn't see any hysterics.

For my kid it would be BP, Brentwood, or Hauppauge. While there are other teams that seem to be very good, I don't really need the drama of the others. The teams I mentioned seem to want to really develope the kids in a reasonable manner (but I haven't really watched everyones practices - have watched quite a few though). Of course my son would need to be able to make the teams. So I guess we will stay where we are at, watch the kids develope, and enjoy weekend games without screaming parents.

Hats off to all the teams. Watching the D1 teams is nice. To see nice soccer developing at this age. They are definitely a step above others.

Sounds like another tough choice about where to play next season. I can completely understand. My son is very talented and deserves to move on from his club team to play with a D1 team. Unfortunately, It's not convenient for me because I have other children involved in sports, school, religion, etc. My wife and I can't be all over the place and we would feel weird/uncomfortable having to rely on other people for transportation.
Nevertheless the time..come home from school, start hw, leave for practice, train, drive home from practice, eat, shower, bed.. tough life for a ten/eleven year old.

My only hope is if several kids come and try out for my son's club team who can add to the level of play.

#475183 - 05/13/12 09:39 PM Re: LI Cup Decision [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are the chances of attracting a high level player away from his D2 team for the fall. Is there generally much movement at this age?

Sounds like another tough choice about where to play next season. I can completely understand. My son is very talented and deserves to move on from his club team to play with a D1 team. Unfortunately, It's not convenient for me because I have other children involved in sports, school, religion, etc. My wife and I can't be all over the place and we would feel weird/uncomfortable having to rely on other people for transportation.
Nevertheless the time..come home from school, start hw, leave for practice, train, drive home from practice, eat, shower, bed.. tough life for a ten/eleven year old.

My only hope is if several kids come and try out for my son's club team who can add to the level of play.

Page 160 of 206 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 205 206 >

Moderator:  Arielle, Larry Miller, ZiggyRowe 
Tournaments

Summer Tournaments
MAPS Caps Classic
Oceanside SC Labor Day
East End Tournament
TWIST
W.I. Roar at The Shore
LIRR Kickoff Classic
EMSC Summer
WBSC ASA Labor Day
Summer Camps & Leagues
Rough Riders
East Islip SC
Coastal Camps
NYSC Camps
NYSC Core Training
NY Rush
Coastal Summer League
PSA Development Pgm.
House of Sports
EDP College Prep Camp
USAS Summer Camps
PSA & USAS Camp
Hofstra University
Superdome World Class
SUSA Summer
Adult Men's League
KK Athletics
NY Stars
BOCA Juniors
Fall & Columbus Weekend
MAPS Fall Challenge
East Islip Fall Classic
Northport SC
Parsippany Pride
RVSC College Showcase
Sponsors

LI Rough Riders
Training Program
Soccer Camps
Jr. Rough Riders
Rough Riders Select
Men's & Women's Tickets
Globall Sports Centers
Soccer Leagues
Soccer Tournaments
Training Clinics
Birthday Parties
Field Rentals
SUSA Bubble Lindenhurst
Youth Leagues
Tournaments
Adult Leagues
Training & Academy Programs
Field Rentals
Summer League
Soccer Coliseum
Tournaments
Training
Youth Leagues
Adult Leagues
Premier Soccer Academy
Tournaments
Youth Academy ID Camps
Camps
Coaching Services
Kickiní Kiddie Program
Who's Online
12 registered (Larry Miller, GK GU14, GG1 N J18, TCarlson, ZiggyRowe, Steelerz, Cross It 4 Fun, Bytor01, justahick, Dave Birnbaum, sfernandez645, CJ Orlando), 657 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Boys NPL Listing
Brentwood | Bklyn Italians | Everton Amer. | Eastern FC | East Meadow SC | Massapequa | STA Soccer | NY Elite | HOTA | Parsippany SC | Princeton SC | Soccer Plus Acad. |

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1993 - 2014